Am I a bad mom to go out on a Saturday night to meet a guy?

Living together while broken up is never going to work. Need to move out asap

3 Likes

You need to leave before he hurts you. Why are you living with him?

2 Likes

Does the other guy you’re going out with know you live with your ex? I would be worried about the kind of people you’re dating that are cool with that. Also your ex is crazy and needs legitimate help. I would refrain from dating till you can find somewhere else to live. You never know what your jealous ex will do unfortunately. And I mean to you.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary to even say what you are doing. Just say you are going out. Not his business.

6 Likes

If you’re not together, living together is just a time bomb waiting to happen. Get your own space and then he won’t know every detail. He doesn’t need to know unless it affects your son

15 Likes

Plot twist. You live together

5 Likes

Leave …staying under the same roof sends mixed signals

5 Likes

Y’all live together! That’s the issue.
Like y’all spilt the bills equally or he pays most of them like he’s still supporting you?

1 Like

Don’t mention it and MOVE OUT!

3 Likes

Why do you need to tell him what you’re doing it ain’t none of his business :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

1 Like

Move out and stop telling your business :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Why tell him then? Because you like toxic relationships and you too are toxic?? You like seeing him explode :exploding_head:

1 Like

He’s a narcissist. Get away from this guy!!!

2 Likes

Simple fix don’t tell him

1 Like

Move out and don’t tell him your business.

2 Likes

Don’t tell him… it’s not his business anyway. Go have fun and enjoy life

3 Likes

You need to move out, living with your ex isn’t good. I wouldn’t even tell him I’m meeting up with a guy because you guys aren’t together any more, so it’s none of his business

3 Likes

Until ur out ur gonna hear it

2 Likes

Tell him you’re going out with female friends. It’s not his business. Work on moving out in the mean time. That’s toxic and not good for the kids

Keep it to yourself, then.

2 Likes

Threatening to kill himself as a means of manipulation and control is emotional abuse. You nor your child should endure this. In certain states this is classified as domestic violence. Honestly I would talk with your local police department. In my county, domestic violence is classified as emotional, verbal, physical and even economical abuse and results in an automatic 2 year order of protection. You need to protect not only your mental health but your childs as well. You do not need the guilt of this nor should your child see that what his father is doing is justified or normal.

Don’t tell him , none of his business

1 Like

He is just being manipulative! Go about your business! If you want to see somebody, go ahead and do it!

If he is. Over 21. It’s none of his business HE SHOULD BE=ON HIS OWN

Soooo don’t entertain it and stop telling him???

1 Like

Next time he threatens promise him you call a mental hygie arrest on him he’ll stop with that

Why do you even tell him if you know how he gets he is not ur boyfriend or anything no need to be explained nothing to him

3 Likes

I had a relationship exactly like this. If theres ANY way you can move you NEED to move. This is a manipulative ploy and it will NEVER stop until you leave.

3 Likes

Move out and have ur privacy.

2 Likes

No, you aren’t a bad mom. You are single and deff allowed to date, he doesn’t need to know unless you plan to introduce your child to your BF, keep communication to only the child and nothing else.

6 Likes

You staying gives him hopes of you getting back together

2 Likes

We live together, but not as a couple. Recipe for disaster.

5 Likes

You need to move out how anyone can date while your ex still loves you is beyond me they’re in your business and you can’t.ake a clean break time for one of you too move!

2 Likes

If you want to date then move out. Then he can’t control you. You can come and go as you please and could even get someone else to watch the kid while you go out. He sounds controlling and as long as you live with him he may continue to view you as his property. Not to mention living with the father of your kid and dating could make your date feel awkward especially if that is how your ex wants to act.

1 Like

Don’t tell him your business. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

So then someone needs to move, and its none of his bussiness?

2 Likes

You are fine, he is jealous, but know the grass isn’t always greener

Stop telling him anything about your personal life. He sounds abusive by his threatening and controlling behavior. Find a safe exit plan. :pray:

7 Likes

Live apart and don’t tell him your business! Especially knowing it will cause a reaction. It’s wrong like him trying to control is wrong

4 Likes

If he’s threatening to do that to himself via text or email call the sheriff and say he needs a well check for saying he’s going to do that to himself and you’d like the report number. Save that text or email ASAP

1 Like

Its none of his business

1 Like

You’re single, and a free woman, just as much as he’s a free man. I hate double standards. Go out and have ur fun Mama u deserve it and you guys need to get separate places ASAP

6 Likes

He’s abusive. The next time he says he will kill himself, call the police for a welfare check. He will soon stop that.

5 Likes

You have got to leave, because he obviously thinks since you are there, that he has a say. He has zero rights over who you can see

2 Likes

Depending whose place it actually his kick him out or move out. Plain and simple. You don’t have to tell him your business since you state " we are not a couple" but obviously HE think you still are regardless of his girlfriends.

1 Like

Why are you still living together?

2 Likes

I did the same thing, date while living together! Than my kids father died! I was trying to prove a point that will never be proven! If you don’t want him don’t make him watch

2 Likes

Nope your not a bad mom. I think you should move though cause that behavior is far from ok. Your not in a relationship you have no reason to tell him where your going or who your going with. My ex was like this and for a long time he made me feel like shit for it then finally I said listen im seeing this person if you dont like it to bad you’ll get over it and eventually after acting a like a fool he left, I’m still the bad guy even though I dated 2 ppl in the whole 4 years we was split up besides him meanwhile he had a new flavor every few days. So pick your battles you want a life separate from him gotta leave

Why do you tell him anything?? If its not about your son he doesn’t need to know. Unless you are telling to piss him off or want his attention. You need help if that’s the situation.

Nope as long as it’s not alot

Time to get your own place! Separate but under the same roof never works

5 Likes

If he threatens to hurt himself while you’re gone I hope you don’t plan on having baby stay with him. He sounds unstable and could hurt the kid out of spite.

8 Likes

Y tell him?? No explanation no drama if he threatens to kill himself have him baker acted end of story your life and your child s life is more important than his guilt trips n threats

2 Likes

Why the f$ck are you telling him??? Even if he was keeping the kid while you have “mom time” it’s absolutely none of his business what you’re doing! I swear Smfh some people just contribute to their own fu$king drama :woman_facepalming:t3::expressionless:

8 Likes

Why are you telling him? It’s none of his business

Move out he’s trying to keep control of you

It’s called male control from the 1800.

Is he watching your child? I would NOT leave my child alone with a person threatening to kill themself, especially to go meet “some guy.” Good lord, what a hot mess situation. Move out and get your kid some stability before worrying about who eachother is having sex with :woman_facepalming:t2:, but like I said even if he’s exaggerating, I’d NEVER LEAVE MY KID WITH SOMEONE EVEN MENTIONING SUICIDE.

Man I’m basically going through the same thing.

Maybe he is not ready to separate. I know that feeling of him being jealous while u go with someone else. Not a pretty feeling

Kick him out. Don’t tell him where you’re going. Move on.

1 Like

You guys aren’t together. It’s none of his business. As long as your child is taken care of then who cares?

2 Likes

He wants his cake and eat it too, and he sounds like narcissist in trying to control you. Chickie, you need to move out and move on! You won’t find any men who will be wanting anything from you when you’re living with your ex! Holy shit!

He needs professional help.

Leave! You deserve peace of mind!

Why are you telling him your seeing a guy ? It’s your business not his !!!

2 Likes

This whole story is a huge red flag

2 Likes

As long as you don’t have guys meeting your son and bringing new/random guys in and out of your son’s life it is none of his business.

4 Likes

1 step to dating:

DON’T LIVE WITH TOUR EX.

This man sounds toxic AF, and is mostly likely a narcissist.

My ex did this to me when we broke up. He begged and pleaded for me not to kick him out, said he would be homeless, I felt bad for him…BIG MISTAKE!

He did the same thing your ex is doing. Constantly threatened suicide if I was to kick him out.

Guess what?? I finally kicked him out and he is STILL ALIVE. And thanks to the protection order I had to get, he can’t come within 1,000 feet of me.

1 Like

It’s all about control. His threats. Control. His anger. Control. Get your own place.

Not his business unless you are telling him to make him jealous.

First, you need to focus on getting out of that living arrangement. It’s not healthy for ANYONE.
Second, don’t tell him you’re going out or seeing someone. It’s NONE of his business. Do you have a sister or does your mom live in the area. I guess you’re going to your moms. If he checks up on you, that’s his possessive stupidity. He’s controlling you and will continue to try to do so while you live under the same roof…

2 Likes

Leave. That’s his leverage. Rest of it is court.

2 Likes

It’s not fair that’s double standards in every sense of the word… And if he threatening to unalive himself then that’s his narcissistic traits showing wants to be able to go out and be the “player” so to speak… Nope that’s just messed up… Definitely ring the sheriff to do a wellness check while you’re out on your date to see how and what he tells them then you will see his true intentions for wanting you to be at home all the time while he goes out… Idk this just grinds my gears when other dudes do this… Sorry you’re in this situation…

I wouldn’t even let him know🤷‍♀️ you are an adult and none of his business.

1 Like

1 You need to get out or he needs to leave
2 You can’t start a new relationship if you are still living together, he is going to make a scene and control you either way
3 You need to live alone by yourself with your kid, the same as he does.
4 As you are still living together. He will continue to make your life miserable and it will continue to get worse.

1 Like

He’s gaslighting you. But you really got to live in different places. I would hide all of my personal life from him, which can be even more difficult when you’re living together. Listen when it comes to some people (usually narcissists) they just use what they think they can use. You are still easy access for him. You’ve got to get out and Grey rock him. Only communicate if it is about the child and leave it at that. Which will be hard for him for you just don’t respond unless it is about the child. He will eventually find a new source.

1 Like

Move him on out and tell him to get on with his life so you can get on with yours. Got to think when you do met someone and he’s that someone what’s he going to be like when you move on. That’s going to put a strain on your new relationship x

Why are you telling him? In telling him you are giving that control. Tell him when getting serious maybe. Not before, just live your life. No you’re not a crap mum you deserve happiness too

I wanted to say why do you tell him until, you mentioned you live together, Mama how do you plan to move on when you are staying with your baby daddy in the same place :thinking:

It’s not his buisness what you do on your time. You just want to get away for a few hours. You deserve that!

Why even tell him it’s none of his business. Especially if you know how he is going to act you should be keeping it to yourself. It does not sound like a safe situation and by telling him you make it worse. So stop telling him when you know how his reaction will be unless you are purposely trying to get him worked up. Yes you deserve some time to yourself but you should be concentrating on finding yourself a safer situation rather than dating

Why are you even Telling him your business?

Separation is best for you think of your baby not good for you or him leave before he does hurt you or your son he wants to control you n that’s never good prayers for you both

Why he knows to much about your business? That’s the problem right there. Your ex knows to much. Time to live your life.

I don’t see it’s any of his business, why even tell him? Just go out and if it’s because he watch’s your baby, then try and find someone you trust to watch him!

one of you needs to move out. was it his decision to stay living together by any chance? if it was then that is his way of still having control.

1 Like

Take your baby and run to a safe place get away I was one of these monsters this is why I am alone without my wife and child it won’t change please run like hell. Brian

No, you’re not a bad mother for wanting to have adult relationships. I hope you know that when he threatens to kill himself, hes doing that specifically to manipulate you. Its extremely abusive behavior and and a tactic many abusers use to guilt the other party into doing what they want. Throw that man in the trash, he is not relationship material nor father material if he behaves that way. If you can, get away from him ASAP.

Doesn’t make you a bad mom , but its not making the living situation any easier by still living under the same roof if you both ant together and both seeing/dating other people even if it’s just for fun take back the control an get outta there that way he has no⁹ control over what you do or who you involve yourself with so long as it doesn’t effect the child/ren involved

1 Like

Living together complicates things. If you two are not together, maybe living together isn’t a good idea. Move out or put him on the road.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even tell him that’s what you’re doing. It’s not any of his business. If you don’t wanna deal with it then someone needs to move out.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be an idea to avoid conflict… to go stay at ur mums for the night with ur son… or a sibling… that way u get a night out and they get to spend precious time with ur son.
Don’t ever bow to his behaviour or let him have his way…
And don’t tell him about ur private life… i assume ur dates are not going to be meeting ur son in the early stages of the relationship… so why tell him… its none of his business… if he asks … say i am going out and in case of an emergency my mobile will always be on… and leave it at that.

1 Like

Girl you better move on before you can’t breathe and the baby’s in the middle of the fight!

lol stop telling him and stop living with him

Your first mistake is living together.

5 Likes

Why are you giving him recognition that you care what he thinks? Why are you caring what he thinks? …period! Why would you even discuss it? :thinking: if your not together it’s not his business , his reaction is not your problem… he sounds jealous &immature but you pulling him unto the knowing also sounds manipulative just looking for some type of reaction.

Just don’t tell him.

Absolutely not. This has ZERO to do with you being a mom. He is trying to control you. Telling you he will do that to himself is IMMENSELY manipulative. He no longer has any say in what (OR WHO) you do. He is your child’s father and only your child’s father and as long as he is talking that way then I’d tread lightly with anything you tell him. Get out. Get your own place or make him get his own. He believes he has a right to YOU. And that can be extremely dangerous

1 Like

1st of all why are you still living with him? Don’t say for financial reasons that’s to easy of an excuse. Get a 2nd job or a 3rd one if that’s the case, plenty of is single moms did it. MOVE ON