Am I crazy? Or is that almost child abuse?

Good grief! How is any of that okay?

1 Like

That is child abuse. Locking the xchild in their room is a huge safety concern. What if there is a fire? What if they get sick? Taking away their clothes is also abuse. It’s one thing to remove a toy as a punishment but not taking their clothes. I would hotline it. Let child protective services get involved maybe they need parenting classes.

3 Likes

None of this is okay, if you know this is happening report to the authorities x

5 Likes

That is not okay. That is some form of child abuse.

1 Like

Abuse abuse abuse. Not almost. It’s abuse. Report that. It’s private. They want use your name. Confidential.

3 Likes

That’s child abuse!!!

1 Like

This is abuse! Please call someone for help. This poor child how can anyone do these things taking the child’s clothes wtf man that’s crazy. Please help this child.

4 Likes

Maybe there not ready to go to there own room🤔 ther only young keep them close to you
One day they be older and you will miss it all.:hugs:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness no those things aren’t ok

1 Like

That is not okay.That is abuse.What happens if there is a fire and that child can’t get out?I would be calling cps real freaking quick.

3 Likes

Thats fucking bullshit!!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This makes me furious! I’d love to take their clothes off them and lock them in their room with a full bladder all night with the air con on! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

That is child abuse, to it’s very core. One, who locks their child in their room? What if there is a fire or that child manages to hurt themselves? What if they throw up or get sick? Two, what parent in their right mind takes their childs clothes so they won’t get out of bed? I make sure my kid HAS clothes on so if he does get out of bed he is still warm. Please help this poor baby…

2 Likes

Yes I would say that is child abuse, that is only going to make the poor child more scared of there room. What if they need the toilet? Or will they get punished for wetting them self as well? Even though they can’t get out to the toilet? Do not listen to there advice, he’s only 4 so this is quite normal, could you lay with him at night untill he’s asleep? Maybe read to him? That used to help my kids fall asleep quicker.

1 Like

Not almost child abuse… that IS CHILD ABUSE

Get the child a big teddy bear to sleep with keep tuck them in to bed

1 Like

I understand locking the door only if it’s for the child’s safety but removing their clothes so they’re too cold to get out of bed??? That’s Abuse!!!

1 Like

Omg are you insane to even ask this!!! Madness and if anyone knows the author of this post theu should immediately report so whomever they know that are doing same can be held for questioning!

1 Like

Thats child abuse! Your not allowed to lock a kid in a bed room! Nor take away clothes so that they are cold :cold_face:

Not okay. This will only traumatize the child… You’re right that this is child abuse and neglect. My 3yr old gets out of bed daily. Sometimes for a drink of water, use the bathroom or ask for something he needs. Other times he thinks it’s a game and we could just be putting him back to bed for about an hour. We read to him, ask what we can do to make him comfortable, or we just put him back and tell him we love him. Most the time he needs or wants something. Maybe the 4yr old needs something but too afraid to ask if they get in trouble every time they get out of bed.

3 Likes

That shits not OK, sounds like child abuse to me.

That is child abuse you can try sleeping with the child or lying with them until they fall asleep .We use to let our daughter fall asleep in our bed then take her to her her bed or room .

Also if possible when home with child encourage them to take naps in their own bed during the day basically make their room fun for them so they enjoy being in the room .

Please report this! I’m sorry but this is not okay!!! Please I beg you tell someone that can help that poor baby!!!

Any parent that locks their child in a room shouldn’t have children.

2 Likes

Locking the door? And removing their clothes? What happens if their sick in the night? Need the toilet etc?? If she can’t deal with bed time then maybe she shouldn’t have had kids? My 6 year old is a nightmare for sleeping in her own bed. But when she gets out I have been just putting her back to bed. She’s learning it just takes time and patience x

2 Likes

No I think that’s not ok but when they go to your room just put them back quietly to their bed might be they need to go to the bathroom too so take them to bathroom back to bed no words said just quietly.

It’s not almost child abuse, it is child abuse! Turn them in, if they do this and think it’s alright, God knows what else they think is just discipline.
You do not lock anyone in a room and taking their clothes, it’s beyond comprehension. You have an obligation to the child to turn this in!

1 Like

Definitely child abuse. You need to get help

Definitely not OK ! Report this asap if you can provide proof that this is happening to child your as guilty as the one doing it if you continue to allow it.

This literally breaks my heart :broken_heart: :cry:

1 Like

That is definitely child abuse!!! All that will do is hurt him in the end and also i get you want him to sleep in his own bed but there only young once you won’t get those back and why instead of locking him in his room you bring his bed in yours maybe he’s scared of something or just wants to be with you but locking him in a room and taking his clothes is sad and is not okay whatsoever

2 Likes

Child abuse. If your child gets out of bed, it’s ok, deal with it. Not lock them up and strip them for your own convenience! Report them

1 Like

No you cannot lock them in a room. That’s NOT cool. Buckle down be firm every time they come to you ,walk them back and rave about how big and smart they are and it’s time. You may not sleep much for a couple nights. But they adapt. As long as they know you’ll give in,you have lost control. Also explain that it’ll be ok once in a while if it’s a storm etc… You cannot force a child you just show them and they’ll follow. But please,locking him in a room alone,is only gonna scare him more, and then he won’t trust you. How would the parents like it if some one did that to them? Sad what passes for parenting skills these days.

Your not supposed to lock your child inside with an actual lock. Your aloud to put a child safety thing on door nob or put gate up but legally you can not lock it without an adult inside as well. As for the clothes that’s a problem. Let them get out of bed if they can’t get out of the room than eventually they will climb back in bed or fall asleep on the floor. And it takes at least two weeks to break a habit

1 Like

Child abuse that is disgusting to even suggest doing those things. The child need reassurance and comfort.

3 Likes

It is not ok to lock a child in a room at night. Pretty sure it’s illegal. If not, it should be. I would definitely report it.

Definitely abuse. I was locked in a closet growing up. Actually very traumatizing being trapped and you don’t know what to do to get out.

1 Like

That poor child! OMG yes!!! That is horrific!! I was in tears reading this. Traumatic for that baby! And yes! 4 is still a baby! That is absolutely awful! Sounds like whoever those parents are shouldn’t be allowed to be parents!

1 Like

you do not want me to answer that question

1 Like

Child abuse, for sure. The child must be terrified of being alone. Have a heart. Anyone that thinks that is OK, is sick. What that child needs is love and understanding.

1 Like

As a CPS worker… both of those are not ok

3 Likes

Abuse, the clothes thing definitely. I mean if you shut the door for 5 minutes that’s not too bad if they have a night light and not completely scared out of their mind and going back in to say they need to go to bed, maybe they need to lie their with their child to get them to bed. But locking them in and taking their clothes so their cold that’s putrid. I’d be calling child services….

3 Likes

No. That’s not ok at all. Poor child!!!

1 Like

What the hell. Who would even do that to a 4 yr old. That’s definitely child abuse. That’s completely messed up.

1 Like

That’s abuse in my head, the anxiety that’s going to cause this child. Four is a still a baby. The idea of locking them in a room will cause much damage.

Why is it such an issue they don’t want to sleep in their own room? Clearly there’s already some anxiety about being alone.

2 Likes

What the fuck did they do? Are you for real? That is absolutely child abuse, that poor baby!

My oldest used to get up every night n come to my bed I used to just get up walk him back to bed tuck him in and tell him he’s a big boy now he needs to sleep in his own big boy bed I’d read him another story sometimes or sing him a lullaby but I would absolutely never lock him in his room or make him cold that doesn’t sit right with me at all.

1 Like

What hurts my heart the worst is there is a child this is being done to and he/she has nobody to save them. Nobody to be the voice to make this stop. If something like this is going on it makes me wonder what else is happenning because i assure it doesnt just stop at locking a room and taking clothes. For Heavens sake be this babies voice. If you dont want to be involved pm me and ill speak for him. If you dont act then who will? If they willing to take this poor babies clothes and lock the door then what/who stops them from doing more things.

6 Likes

I laid down to get my grandson to sleep till he was 8 in the end I sat on the bed while he went to sleep and gradually moved down the bed till I was sitting on the bottem of the bed. Then it was leaving the door open leaving a side light on It worked doing it on a gradual basis The things that have been suggested to you I just cant believe and yes I believe its child abuse

3 Likes

It is child abuse. I know someone who was taken from their parents over being locked in a closet and what not.

2 Likes

That is sick and abusive, controlling behavior

2 Likes

If this person isn’t your significant other or has any rights in decision making of your child than don’t stress it. If it’s your SO then you know it’s wrong and what to do

1 Like

None of my kids get in "trouble " for not going to bed or even coming to my bed. My 7 year old is walked back and tucked in, the 4 year old sleeps with whoever and wherever. Ive made a pallet at end of bed for nights she comes in here and the baby is with me. I couldn’t make them cold or lock them up. Way extreme and sad. Taking their clothes to make cold to stay in bed is excessive, its torture like.

That’s child abuse …torture in fact …if u no this happening to a child I hope u report it n be a voice for the poor child

6 Likes

I used to make a bed on the floor beside my bed for my kids. This way if they really didn’t want to sleep in their room they could sleep in their sleeping bag on the floor. Eventually they decided their bed was more comfortable. Try that. No abuse and still options for the child. AND, you get a good nights sleep.

1 Like

That’s terrible. I’m so sad. I’m praying for this child.

1 Like

It IS abuse. That’s absolutely horrible. That poor baby. That is sooo traumatic. Please speak up for this kid.

2 Likes

No way are you to take away their clothes that is definitely abuse.
Also traumatising their child!
Also it’s illegal to lock a child in their room due to fire laws as they can’t safely escape if a fire was to take place.
I would honestly report it.
My 4 yo won’t sleep in his bed and I sit by his door for unto 2 hours sometimes but that’s a parent duty.

2 Likes

Definitely abuse. Its mental abuse and it is NOT ok. Those people shouldn’t be parents. Not sorry

1 Like

Gradually move them to their room. It don’t have to be sudden. I slept with my mom till I was 6 or 7 cuz I had nightmares and would pee myself. Try to be understanding

1 Like

My 4 & 5 yr old sleep in bed with me. This hurts my heart.

1 Like

Do not take away clothes, or lock the child in the bed room. Put a chair in the child’s bedroom, and get a regular bedtime routine that involves you reading to the child while kiddo is tucked in. Part of it may be that they get cold at night, and mommy’s warm. A few extra blankets in kiddo’s bed might help too. You might have to sit with kiddo until they fall asleep the first week or so, but it’ll get easier.

1 Like

I would baby gate the bedroom instead of locking rhe doors if absolutely necessary… And its way too cold to be taking their clothes. This morning in MN its -40 with windchill. How would an adult like that? Absolutely not.

As a kid who was scared of the dark… heck… I still don’t love it… If my parents ever locked me in my room I would be traumatised. :disappointed_relieved: Poor babies

1 Like

I think you need to figure out WHY your child won’t stay in bed. Set bedtime rules and tell them once they are out to bed and tucked in they are too stay there unless they need to use the potty. Do not tuck them in more than once. Be stern trying them to go back to bed. My middle child is afraid of monsters. She has a night light and a special stuffed animal we call her monster chaser.
But no I wouldn’t lock them in their room or take away clothing.

1st of all, taking away their clothes so they’re too cold to get out of bed is 1000000% abuse. 2nd of all, lock them in a room??? And what happens if there’s a fire??? This is absolutely abuse.

4 Likes

So I was told by my kids therapists (he has autism and behavior therapists) the way to get him to sleep in his bed bc he prefers the couch is let him fall asleep on the couch and transfer him. If he wakes up and comes back to the couch just keep repeating the cycle. Never let him wake up on the couch. Make sure he’s always waking up in his bed and eventually he just started going to sleep in his bed. He still wants the couch too sometimes but he’s 5 and we are still working on it. It’s a long process but I’m willing to put in the work

1 Like

This hurts my heart so bad, it’s close enough! It’s a new thing to them, they’re not sleeping with their parents and that’s confusing and kind of scary. But to be locked in or have clothes taken may cause more issues to arise later on.

Umm not sure where you are from. But where I live it’s not almost abuse… it is. It’s against the law here in NB Canada to lock a child in there room for any reason.

1 Like

Have they tried sleeping with him/her but in his own bed and eventually sneaking out during the night? Or sleeping on the floor beside the child’s bed… Might be a bit uncomfortable for a while… might have to do it for a few weeks but he/she will get use to sleeping in his own bed…

1 Like

I have a 6 year old who constantly fights us about sleeping in her bed and going to bed in general and I would never! I argue with her to put pj’s on so she doesn’t get cold because she prefers to sleep in just her underwear. She sleeps with like 4 blankets.

1 Like

Yes thats child abuse

Those things are not ok

That’s horrible. I check on my kids 6836 times a night to make sure they’re covered up & warm, so I don’t know how they could fall asleep knowing there kid is cold. That’s sad.

1 Like

It depends what you mean by “lock them in their room”… As in lock the door or lock them in by using a baby gate because if they have a baby gate on the bedroom then no it’s not abuse its keeping your child safe but if it’s they mean lock the door then no I don’t think that’s right. Taking the clothes off them isn’t right either in any circumstance

That is damn fire hazard. Smh

I used to lay with my son til he fell asleep then I would sneak out the room quietly as possible. 4 years old is so little. My daughter still comes in my bed sometimes and she’s gonna be 7. Locking them in a room is only gonna make the situation escalate and emotions fly. Don’t take the advice leave it where you heard it.

Don’t lock anyone in the room. I will suggest a weighted blanket though. Makes a kiddo feel like they are being hugged.

Absolutely not!! What is wrong with people. They are a four year old child!

Ummm… yeah… I’m not locking my child up in their room. Mine is 4 and won’t stay in his bed… I have tried different things to keep him there and have worked on making his room fit his style, but I would never go to this extent…not ok.

Disregarding the child abuse stuff just cause it’s been answered… But with my kids, to get them to their own beds, we started with mattresses next to our bed and holding their hands and slowly moved them out to their own rooms with bed time stories as rewards x hope that suggestion may help x

1 Like

try going to bed with your child and staying there until they fall to sleep. then get up and go to your room. You may need to sleep a little longer and repeat this several times but it did work with my child after a couple weeks. I would never lock a child in a room or take their clothes that sounds very mean and cruel after all we are talking about a small child.

2 Likes

That’s sad. They just wanna be close to mom. Who knows the reason they might be going thru a I’m scared phase. My almost 4 yr old comes in my room nightly. Our bed is to small for her to climb in and sleep comfortably so I made her a comfy spot right next to my bed. It drives my husband nuts but he also understands i don’t care and if she wants to come in and sleep on my floor till she’s 40 she’s going to. My daughter also hates clothes barely wears them doesn’t get cold enough not to venture into my room. Locking a child in thier room is a no for me. This poor kid just needs safety and security from his mom/dad and they don’t care.

3 Likes

Idk about abuse but it’s really mean at least :disappointed: my kids didn’t wanna sleep on their own until they were 6-7. We just accepted it and let them sleep with us if they needed it. They’re little and we are their safety space. That’s just the way I see it though.

1 Like

That sure will make them not want to sleep in there they think it’s punishment doing that. My son is 6 he slept with me until he was 4. It took time and patience I had to lay in his bed with him til he fell asleep each night to make him comfortable

We use a reward chart for my 5 year old and keep the door closed. He knows where we are if he needs us.

When he wakes in the night I tend to hop into bed with him until he’s asleep and then venture back to my own bed, although sometimes I fall asleep with him :joy:

1 Like

Absouletly not okay to lock a child in their room. That child is literally going to grow up traumatized and have a fear of being in a locked room or have claustrophobia.

And taking the clothes away “so she’ll be too cold to leave the bed”- the kid can end up getting sick and/or worse case scenario, die of hypothermia.

Omg that poor baby! That is a terrible option—absolutely abusive in my opinion! They crave connection at bedtime and just want to be close to you. There is another, gentler approach to this. :cry:

1 Like

It’s not almost child abuse. It IS child abuse. Locking the door is a fire Hazzard. It traps the child in the room. It also makes it more complicated to remove the child. You could be charged with manslaughter if your child dies due to the door being locked. Making sure they’re cold is definitely neglect. Your child needs you for his emotional needs. Be there for him. He will eventually outgrow his need for you. No need to rush it.

3 Likes

None of these things are okay. Locking them in their room is a safety risk. Why can’t people just tend to their children instead of setting expectations they can’t meet and then punishing them for it? Sleep is developmental. You can’t force it. You can’t train it.

Don’t ever lock a child’s door. What if there is a fire??? And take away clothes??? No!!! When my child went through this I started by sitting next to the bed until they fell asleep. It took a couple weeks but worked

1 Like

I have a 4 year old and 3 year old. I can’t sleep with them. We have co slept since they were born. I have no intentions forcing them to go. They are only little for so long. I’m going to enjoy every minute because in the coming days. Things are definitely going to change and I’m going to miss them like crazy. I’m enjoying the cuddles kisses while I still can! I would never lock them in a room or take their clothes of.

1 Like

Omg all so so wrong try night light weighted blanket big ready bear to sleep with

Umm… my child has never been broken and she’s 15 :woman_shrugging: I wouldn’t trade it for anything

1 Like

They are absolutely insane

This is messed up…Obviously they should not be a parent

1 Like

That’s horrible :pleading_face::cry:
I have a 4 year old and she sneaks out of her to bed to be with us every night. Even my 6 year old still does it occasionally.

If at 4 years old you are having issues getting your child to listen, the problem here is YOU.

2 Likes

None of these shou)d ever be done to any child

1 Like

Definitely child abuse

1 Like