Am I in the wrong for my baby shower fiasco?

Wow they all sound like scumbags

5 Likes

I had people send me things that couldn’t make it to my baby shower… and family from other states shipped gifts to me… that’s how family should be. They shouldn’t require you to throw them a party to buy a gift for your baby. And as for them making special requests and then not showing up… FUCK THEM. And let them know that. :blush:

You are not wrong. If they can’t understand your reason behind it then they aren’t really friends. Your baby’s health is the priority.

3 Likes

Mom’s to be don’t throw their own baby showers. I would have been shocked to receive a list of needed items from you.

1 Like

Tbh I’d ignore them all. If they are that rude when they’d rsvp’d and requested special food I wouldn’t even let them know when I’d given birth. Just do you x

1 Like

Sending you strength and love. I can understand your stress and concerns. I feel very sorry for you. Your friends and family owe you a huge apology for throwing you under the bus like that. Wishing you a safe delivery :heart:

2 Likes

Wow that is absolutely horrible. I would cut them all off.

Expectations = disappointments… Never depend on anyone for anything.

6 Likes

Wow :flushed:. The real problem is your “friends/family” wanted you to have a party to give you gifts for a new baby. I wouldn’t be calling any of them friends and family would be considered acquaintances at this point. :smirk:

3 Likes

Bloody shocking they should be ashamed of themselves family first they obviously haven’t heard that . Good luck to you both keep safe and keep your baby to yourself what’s good for the goose is good for the ganda

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, they’re all just assholes. ESPECIALLY making you feel like YOU should be having the party when one of them should have stepped up and hosted it. That’s usually how baby showers work. And then, they don’t show up? Nor had the decency to call or text? Hell to the no. They can all kick rocks! Good luck to you. Hugs and prayers for you, your husband, baby in the womb, and for any financial burdens for y’all to be lifted :heart:

3 Likes

Without any background knowledge it’s hard to guess what went wrong there, but I suspect that the initial request for the list of things you want could have come across a greedy and put some noises out of joint. And if they all know each other and one of them mentioned that they had a plan to request special things and then not show… and that idea took off… I could see how that chain of events could get to where you are now. Probably more important is where you go from here. That was shitty behaviour from them and everyone knows that new mums need help. If they were trying to teach you manners they could have just said something.

Wow thats so wrong of all of them!

1 Like

I thought that the Mom’s girlfriends threw the baby shower.

2 Likes

Are you sure you did not list the date wrong or something? It is shocking that not one person would show. While I believe there may be some B-holes out there but can they all be that bad? Is it possible they ended up not showing up to keep you alone with your fears of Cov19? The majority of Florida is Republican and not afraid of a virus that kills less than 0.01% You might want to turn off the news and watch something else. Just my thoughts

Wow, still no family no friends showed up?? That’s messed up. Regardless family is suppose to be there for family. Honey don’t stress, all the best for you and your baby. Hugs and Blessings.

2 Likes

Wow…you have some tremendously rude, self-centered friends and family.
Even without the issue of covid, why is it your responsibility to host the shower? That is bizarre to me. One of your friends should host a shower and you are a guest of honor.
They could have thrown you a remote shower and face timed with you…it should never have been up to you to figure it out.
You were treated dispicably in my opinion.

Not wrong. Maybe contact them and tell them that it was a shame that they missed out on the shower. Jerks.

1 Like

No I would be totally upset too. They all got mad because they wanted you to have a party so you spend all kinds of money you don’t have. So for them to just not show up is just rude and disrespectful. I would tell them that too.

Your most def not wrong for being upset considering the tight bind your in with money id be so pissed and cut em off to be honest becasue you went so out your way to do the dam lil get together and special request for them to not show smh see im geting mad myself now😭 thats so rude smh wow id be beyond pissed. And you had every right to do it your way the first time nothing understood needs to be explained if they couldnt understand shame on them !!

Also your baby doesn’t need the stress plesae keep calm Queen

1 Like

so very rude of them. i would be totally pissed, and not even send them any announcements when baby is born.

If they wanted a party, they should’ve thrown one. I threw a baby shower for my sister and was super grateful that she allowed me to do it. I’m sorry you have such thoughtless family and friends.

I hate this… sorry but you don’t have to have a while party… I had my son at 29 weeks, in the NICU and my mom said since my kid was already born is ridiculous to have a baby shower. The entire point is to HELP out with a few things for the baby. Party doesn’t matter. It’d be pissed off if no one came to a shower that every jerk kept griping about. Where’s your registry at??

That is pretty messed up.

Those people obviously just wanted to use your baby shower to party cause why ask what amenities will be there. They didn’t care about your feelings so don’t even bother with any of those people.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have some heartless family and friends.

2 Likes

That’s so awful. I’m so sorry no one turned up :frowning: just concentrate on yourself all the right people will stay with you xx

Like saying–If you don’t get me a gift we aren’t friends anymore !

I wouldn’t have changed my plans at their request to begin with, but I also wouldn’t have been expecting gifts , maybe it’s a cultural thing, baby showers are not really a thing in Ireland

I think it started out the wrong way because you posted your registry on Facebook and made everybody feel like it was a “buy me gifts” post, not an online party.

I’m not sure how close you are with your family/friends, but BEFORE you just threw it up on Facebook, you could have put a call out to each guest, had a nice conversation catching up with them, discussing your fears about gathering as a group during the pandemic because you want everyone to stay healthy and because of your pregnancy.

Then at the end of the conversation tell them you were throwing an online party where you “go live” or do a zoom meeting at a specific time so they can join the call. This way everyone has the ability to be there.

Sounds like you just posted your wish list/list of demands and didn’t put a personal touch on it. The point of a baby shower is to spend time with the new mom-to-be, play games, talk, catch up on stories about the pregnancy, and give a gift for the benefit of the newborn. Your guests probably felt you were only in it for the free stuff. It was very impersonal. Only AFTER you spoke to each guest should you have posted the online party invitation with registry info. Not beforehand.

It sounds like you need to reconnect with your family, not because of the gifts, but because as a new mother, you will need a better support system once you have the baby.

It says you have sisters-they are the ones you need to reconnect with first. If you had a good relationship with them, THEY should have been the ones throwing the party for you.

It also says you made a big move from a “Texas to here”- did you move out of state with your husband, and how far? Maybe distance has something to do with it? If it was far, maybe you could have gone back home to Texas and had it at a relatives house so it would be more convenient for the guests.

I wish you all the health and happiness for you and your child. I think something is missing from the story, but hopefully you can put it behind you. Good luck and stay blessed.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum.

Drive by baby shower and give out the foods

2 Likes

Ummm your not wrong. How r people requesting certain foods and not show up you basically wasted your time and money. My spiteful butt would have posted pictures of the food and decorstions and showed an empty room caption " look all my friends showed up"

That’s is so messed up

9 Likes

That’s absolutely bullsh*t. Literally catered to what they wanted you to do and still had the audacity not to show. I’m so sorry mama

17 Likes

I am sorry no one showed up to your shower. That is mean of them. You should make a gift registry, those who really care for you seems they d want to get a gift.

They’re wrong asf. You should’ve just did it the way you wanted to in the first place. Let this be a lesson to stop trying to please these people and do what you decide is best for you.

13 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened.

You have the right to be upset. They are wrong for requesting all that from you. A baby shower is supposed to be showering you with gifts, love, and support. Honestly if I were in your position I would just buy my own stuff and put them on the back burner and do it girl. You will feel so much better doing it yourself. You need to pamper yourself and not worry about them. I’m sorry this happened to you. I would love to see your registry if you could send me the link I might can help a little!

11 Likes

I’d be so hurt and so mad!

Send me the link to your registry

21 Likes

There is nothing wrong with not having a shower. I didn’t have a baby shower with my second born.

1 Like

I would be furious, that is so messed up. It’s one thing for them to say “oh no no party?!?” but these people are out here asking for special shit that you actually went get and then still don’t show up. Honestly, I’d be cutting people off behind that type of behavior.

Should of went with your gut, often times we give to people that don’t deserve to be given too, prime example you trying to give your friends and family a baby shower for your baby​:face_with_raised_eyebrow: and nobody shows up. I would be upset but you have to hold yourself accountable, especially if you know it’s things your baby needed and none of these people showed up for you or the baby :pensive: I’m sorry that happened to you at such a beautiful time in your life

4 Likes

You have every right to be upset. Im sorry you have to go through that. Do whats best for you and baby and in the end you will learn who is really there for you. Ive had this happen too. Congratulations on your baby!

We can fix this… post your registry we will get ya what you need.
Family can be so messed up. Don’t let this bring you down.

49 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened. You don’t owe anyone anything. I think it’s pretty selfish for people to think you should host a party in order for them to purchase you a gift :expressionless: keeping you and your baby safe is definitely the priority. Congratulations on your baby and I hope you can enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy stress free.

You are not supposed to throw your own baby shower a friend or family member should have. They were rude for not coming and requesting certain food. Count your blessings with you being in a high Covid area at least you don’t have to worry about one of guest getting you sick.

I would respond to each and everyone who had a comment or a request. And my response would infuriate them. I’d also let them know not to bother me after my baby is born either.

5 Likes

Oh hell no!!! I’d take my sweet time letting them know when baby arrives.

3 Likes

Wow… I would be VERY upset. Personally i wouldn’t have gave in and had something. I might have done a Facebook baby shower or something like that, but this time revolves around you, baby, and your immediate family (husband and kids). And it’s shitty of them to not give you anything if you don’t have a party. I would message them and let them know they have put you in more of a financial situation preparing for your baby. Also, maybe it’s just me but i love buying people who are expecting gifts! I bought my coworker that i met about 3 weeks prior to her online party about $50 worth of baby stuff! I hope you can relax and just have some stress free time.

Who request certain food at others showers?? If you’re worried you won’t like the food they’re having, you eat before going! That is the rudest thing ever!
I’m so sorry!

8 Likes

Send me your registry link!!!

6 Likes

I’d be hurt and mad too sorry ppl are mean
Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada: on your baby

I’m really sorry that happened🥺Always stick to your boundaries❤️

I would be livid. I would be so nasty to them. He’ll just put out “nice” Facebook status. You don’t need those people in your life.

Wow! Horrible people! Don’t worry about them. post your registry I would love to send you a little gift for your baby!

1 Like

My sisters baby shower was in the smack middle of the last COVID spike. We did a drive by baby shower. People dropped off gifts, kept their distance wore masks and they got a thank you favor. If they care and are your friends they will be fine with that.

1 Like

Whats your registry info, ill order you a couple things

9 Likes

Mamas Uncut can you please contact the mama who posted this and share the registry for us who want to help out

12 Likes

See this why I didn’t do a second baby shower. I just everyone if they wanna give my son something that’s cool. Only 2 people has given me so much stuff plus my husband buying the major things like a crib and stroller.

I’d love to try and help as well

Also I know how it feels spending so much and inviting so many people and only people, that I can count on one hand came. It was at a bar at that too. Free drinks and food! It’s okay cause my hippie family made it so much easier.

Anyway you can post the registry in here sure we can pull some thing off an help a little :heart: I’m sure we all know how it feels or what your going through having a baby in a pandemic is hard enough just thankful I was able to have a shower before the new spike of this All!

4 Likes

Girl go make a wishlist on Amazon and post it up in here, I’m not saying come on here and beg for help but that I have seen my fair share of miracles and have even helped make them happen. I would be happy to send you a box of diapers and wipes or a pack of onesies for you and your new baby.

1 Like

Whats your registry link momma?

1 Like

Girl post your registry link here and I’ll be happy to send you something off of it!

2 Likes

Keep your head up and focus on your little family!! You’re not alone in this! Congrats on that little boy!!

I am so sorry love. Message me personally your address. I will send you something. Money is tight in Canada. But I can help

You shouldn’t even have been planning or throwing your own party. How horrible these people were to you!

6 Likes

Don’t be shy, babe. Drop your registry link! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

What do you need? I have lots of baby stuff to get rid of!

2 Likes

Wasn’t life easier before baby showers and gender reveals etc…so many things to stress you out these days that really hold no significance…All the best for your baby…

Not in the wong at all momma!! My daughter was born last November, right in the middle of covid… I didn’t have a shower and had some family feel the same as you. Its tough but i have no regrets. Better safe then sorry momma!!:pray::heart::blue_heart:

When I had my shower I had people tell me “you better invite me!” Then the day came, and those people didn’t show, no call, no text, not even a Facebook message. It’s rude to do that shit. I’m thankful for the people that did show

I would post every single msg with their req and promise to be there…everyone one of the msgs that said no party no gift and i would BLAST that shit to the moon!

Wow!!! You shouldn’t have even been throwing your own shower!!! I’d be so mad, angry and upset! I’m so sorry this happened to you

6 Likes

To the mother who posted this message if you’re so call friends don’t understand why you don’t want to have a baby shower right now because of the virus then they are not really good friends stay away from them.
Their are plenty of places that will help you .my prayers are with you :pray:

8 Likes

This is so sad :pensive: I hate to say it but take this as a lesson learned! Save your money in the future and you and your family do your thing for birthdays and holidays!

Legit how all 4 of my baby showers went. So many people would rsvp/make a special request while I was footing the bill for it all then they wouldn’t show. I had a baby shower for my 4th baby July 2020… reserved a really nice shelter house at the employee park (my husbands job has a whole park for employees and 3 shelter houses that can be rented for parties), I planned baby shower games, bought prizes for those games, had food and drinks, etc. Legit 10 people showed up (my mom/step dad, my best friend/her hub, my mil/fil, sil, sister/her man, hubby’s bestie/his woman, my best friends mom) My husband has a LARGE family that typically go to all the parties and what not… Non of them told me they weren’t coming… They decided to go to Amish Country for the day instead.

Fast Forward to March 2021- Those same people drove from Ohio to Georgia to attend a baby shower for a different family member…. God I was so irritated and hurt.

2 Likes

Post your registry link hon! I can’t believe someone could be so cruel as to make all those requests and then not show up!

7 Likes

I hope you see this and post your registry list! That’s so ignorant of your friends and family to do that to you, demanding you have a baby shower and not show up. I’m really sorry that happened to you!

:rage: I’d be very UPSET!!! You should of stuck to your baby registry… If they had a problem with that then they didn’t have to get you anything. I’m sure some of your family would have bought something on the registry. And for people who texted you for special food, they should of been the ones throwing your baby shower. I’m sorry you had to go through something like this. Next time do what you feel is the right thing for you. Forget those rude a$$ people they don’t deserve your love.

Well that tells you who cares for you and your family forget them all just think of your on family

That’s awful. Thats why I never throw any type of party because I know no one would come. Lol. Post the registry link here.

1 Like

If the poster of this would reach out to me I would like to get you something off your registry

7 Likes

I live close to Clearwater and it’s crazy I’ve seen alot of drive by parties which are cute. Hang in there some people just don’t think of others

No one showed up to my baby shower either. Fuck those people.

This makes me furious, I don’t know you at all but I would NEVER treat someone that way. Drop your registry right now.

5 Likes

I understand this completely! I’m 31 weeks and everyone is mad because I don’t feel safe having a baby shower. Plus I know alot of people wouldn’t show up anyways. I’m doing everything myself and somehow it will all work out in the end.

1 Like

No :-1:keep you and your baby safe. If your “friends” don’t like it, they aren’t really friends.

3 Likes

No point in getting you gift?!? Damn shit friends! My friend just told me she’s expecting and I asked about a baby shower and she said no it’s her second so she doesn’t plan on one. Later that afternoon I messaged her saying when she finds out the sex let me know I’d love to get her something even without a shower.

This is why you are not supposed to listen to others wants lmfao my in la2s hate the fact that we don’t fuck around with covid and call us crazy… well fuck everyone haha

Do a drive through shower🎊

That’s very messed up on their part

1 Like

send me your registry list and I’ll send something you need
God bless

11 Likes

This is the link that was sent to me Amazon: Baby Registry

6 Likes

Send me your registry list I also have some newborn and size 1 diapers too. I had my baby girl in June but yes diapers are unisex

Did you try and contact them when they didn’t show??? I’d loved to know what their excuse was after you actually putting one on basically because they pressured you into it!!!

1 Like