Am I in the wrong for not wanting my exes new girlfriend posting photos of my kids on social media?

3 weeks??? Shit, my kids don’t meet anybody I date for at least 6 months. I would have a big issue with that

Well, you don’t have the right to control who the kids see while with their dad, but you should definitely talk to your ex about it. I don’t know why so many next’s have to behave so childish, she just got to know the kids and puts their pictures on social media? That’s a no go, but i hope the father understands your point of view, if not, ask him if he would be fine if it was the other way round

10 Likes

You can not control your ex’s relationships . And you can’t control who his friends are or how the act .
You have to let your ex’s relationship with the kids be his .
Does he tell you who you can have around your children? If he did would you respect his wishes ?

I understand it’s upsetting but it’s out of your control

26 Likes

Why is this person looking at her Facebook when she admits she doesn’t even know her?

15 Likes

You are absolutely right

3 Likes

Children should not be posted on social media without the consent of both parents. You don’t know her, you don’t know her circle, and honestly in today’s society you need to be extra careful with your kids. The other issue is why is dad exposing them to someone he has only been with for a few weeks? I work with kids, and having parents apart is hard enough without having other adults enter and exit their lives like it is a 7-11. Unless it’s serious, keep it away from the kids. And that’s for both parents.

31 Likes

Unfortunately, that is a conversation you need to have with your ex husband. It is his responsibility to make sure your children are safe while in his custody unfortunately you don’t really have a say.

9 Likes

I’d talk to ex then get legal advise n set up arraignment !! How does ex or anyone know if her past /record doesn’t have any negative things you’d not want around the safety of your children!!!

3 Likes

As a woman that became a bonus mom to another woman’s child almost 10 years ago, I would absolutely never disrespect her like that. I didn’t post any pics till years into the relationship… once we followed each other on social media I always either tag her or give her props… that is her baby, what is wrong with women? Not only is that toxic for her but uncomfortable and stressful dad and eventually the kid as well. Perspective people!

21 Likes

Only three weeks and your EX allowing some he’s just dating to post or be around your child. Nope!! the Ex and Lady Friend violating

15 Likes

Father is wrong for bringing women in!

4 Likes

She basically sounds like a controlling bitter baby mama and the kind that gives us all a bad rep. Move on and it’s not your business unless your kids are being mistreated.

9 Likes

Your not in the wrong i mean you don’t know what kind of people she has on her social media and those are your kids my sons dad is like this and i put a stop to it last year he met like 4 or 5 different girls i never wanted to be petty so i never said anything until my son who is now 11 spoke up and said something… She is disrespectful and if he lets it be that way it will get worse been there done that! Do what u feel as a mother is best for your kids…

Obviously your ex-husband doesn’t mind.

2 Likes

He should have introduced you all from the get go. When I got with my husband 8 years ago I made it a point to introduce him to my kids’ dad. We drove 3 hrs myself husband daughter an ex went softball shopping for my daughter together! A few weeks before that I met my step sons mother. It’s a group effort when children are involved. Me an my step sons mom are pretty close friends tbh. We co-parent cause that’s what’s best. Up until my ex passed away a couple years ago him and my husband were perfectly fine with talking an associating. If someone is willing to step in an help raise your kiddos and aren’t stepping on your toes don’t fight it. These kids are what’s most important an raising a kind child in today’s world is hard enough. Set something up just you an her go do lunch if she’s a real women she’ll meet you and you’ll both walk away with more understanding those are your children you just want to be respected and if she is good to your children she deserves to be respected too. Good luck

really controlling lol what’s so wrong with another person loving ur kid .

3 Likes

This women needs a wake up call. So does your ex. If your ex, doesn’t side with you, do something legally.

6 Likes

You need to talk to your ex, not us.

3 Likes

You as the mother of those kids had no flipping right to message that lady. You should have spoken to your kids dad and let him sort it out, you gave her the upper hand by stepping to her in the first place

9 Likes

You are being petty.
Unless both u and kids dad had decided together not to out kids on social media, Then u would think that the father would have let her know.
But i doubt that is the case.
U cant controll your ex or who he sees or what relationship your children have with his partner, just as you wouldn’t like him threatening or harassing any partner you may have.
What reason do u have for not wanting her to post pics of the kids other than it makes u feel bad? In that case… don’t look.

9 Likes

There’s a Facebook feature to report pictures of your children you didn’t consent to. There’s that. She may block you too.

12 Likes

I feel that you should have addressed this with your ex

7 Likes

Definitely have this conversation with the ex definitely about putting photos up which she has no right to do especially against your wishes I never put photos up because my son always asked me not to and I certainly never put photos of other people’s kids either because it’s not up to me I wouldn’t like it if someone was to do it to me so I won’t do it to them and I actually think have a very serious chat to the ex and let him know the boundaries

Why don’t you want her in their lives? Jealousy?? Your kids will know if she’s a a decent human or not

6 Likes

Why were you on her Facebook to begin with? :woozy_face:

7 Likes

No. I think everyone should ask permission before posting someone else’s kids…

19 Likes

Y’all are really touched if you’re okay with your kids being posted without your permission. Even the school asks when you register. Tf is wrong with y’all?

27 Likes

The only bicker you have is HER posting photos of the children. She is not their step mom nor been apart of their lives for even a sufficient amount of time. The conversation needs to be had with both their father and this new chick. Seek legal advice in the meantime.

5 Likes

I’ve been in both ways so me myself I asked my bf if it was okay for me to post any pictures of his kids. He said yes but we was together for 7mouths before I did and never met the bm. Now my ex that I have 2 kids with is I didn’t know her but she was posting my kids picture on FB and I asked him if she asked him before she done so… He said yes. I feel like if y’all went separate ways you know he will be with someone else so instead of bringing drama in life as long as the kid is ok with her don’t bother with it unless you have different feeling on how your kid acts just my thought. Less drama with kid’s dad’s the better and that kid is both of your so just because your mom you don’t have all say. Takes a village to make them the best kids

If it we’re me I wouldn’t of said anything or been on her Facebook page.I do things behind closed doors without letting others know,I play detective quietly…if your ex is going to be with this person then you need to be friends with her without her knowing you don’t like her…this is for your daughters sake only .I went threw a situation like this but as I said I became friends with the girl ,I had her thinking she was able to tell me anything and everything cause you want to know what this girl is like and her intentions…really it’s your ex that’s the idiot for bringing someone new into the picture so fast…

Depends on the relationship you have with your ex honestly… my ex husband is married and my step sons mom posts things about him and even calls him and I could careless honestly :woman_shrugging:t4:

That was a conversation to have with him about him setting safe boundaries you both agree upon. I’m also unsure how you would see a strangers posts on the internet unless you went looking for them. So if you snooped, saw them, and messaged her, I can see how she may feel attacked.
Talk to your babies father about how to deal with social media in future relationships. I’m sure this one won’t last long.

8 Likes

You’re children are minors! Get her disrespectful ass caught on child exploitation charges

11 Likes

I’d lose my mind. I’m VERY particular about what I post about my child for a reason!! Having some new gf post whatever is not cool.

I am surprised at how many woman would allow this. I do not feel you are wrong at all. He shouldn’t have even allowed the children to meet her after 3 weeks. Let alone her feel comfortable enough to post photos. Shows her character. Maybe contacting dad first would have been a better idea.

I never post a photo of anyone’s child without asking them. That’s just general respect.

First you checking her Facebook makes you look jealous and curious as to what’s happening in her life and possibly your ex’s. She gave you the best response to both of your demands. Don’t be the petty ex girlfriend. If your kids haven’t spoken bad of her then be thankful she’s loving your kids

9 Likes

How old are the children? If they are too young for a social media account then legally you have every right to be concerned.

2 Likes

She has a lot of nerve to declare you have no say in strangers posting pictures of your children. From your account she is also rude and disrespectful. I think you should talk to your ex and find out what makes her, a girlfriend of some weeks, to think she has any right to disrespect you.

6 Likes

Seems a little early in the relationship to involves kids considering not sure if person will be in their lives for long

14 Likes

No! She sounds very immature.

3 Likes

3 weeks of dating and he has already introduced her to the children and allowing her to post photos? That seems a little crazy to me.

13 Likes

I would nosey on her paige also if she’s around my kids. You can find out alot about a person by their posts.

You should’ve talked to your ex about it first, and let him handle it. Nobody wants to see their kids exposed on fb without the parent’s ok…totally agree Sherry Reanna Mangus Toney, the new chick must not have kids or she would know better, one would guess.

5 Likes

3 weeks and she’s already met the kids? And posting pics? That’s a big NO for me. I would never Introduce anyone to my children that soon.

You can’t control the people who your ex is around. Does he try to dictate things on your time? His relationship with his kids is his to manage. You also have no right to demand to meet his girlfriend. That’s some high conflict stuff right there and will cause more problems than it will ever solve.

10 Likes

Take it to court…she is jeopardizing your kids safety!!!

5 Likes

Take all of it to the judge. 3 weeks isnt enough time to even allow her around the kids let alone let her post pics of them.

4 Likes

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE… NOPE!!!

YOU are their mother, and YOU decide what adults your children interact with, and you are within your LEGAL right to forbid her from disseminating ANY likeness of your children - pictures, videos, personal info…

7 Likes

I so agree! This is when their father should put his big boy pants on & have a conversation with the new girlfriend!
I’m sure he wouldn’t like it if the situation was reversed!

1 Like

You, as a parent, have every legitimate claim in protecting your children how you see fit. This woman does not.

8 Likes

Call the cops on her for posting pics of your kids on social media. There are to many creeps in the world and with her shtty responses, God knows who she has on her fb. Also report the photos to fb!! Obviously that would be a big NO for me unless I knew her. Now if you knew her personally, I believe in co parenting, but for her to be rude to you without even knowing you, No fcking way.

5 Likes

She didn’t make a great impression did she? All she had to do was try to have a decent conversation with the mom when she reached out. She missed a real opportunity to build a bridge by being disrespectful to these kids mother. If she were planning to be a relevent part of these kids lives then she would have went about it differently. But I predict that she is just the flavor of the month and Mama is right to be concerned.

12 Likes

I Would Be Very PISSED

1 Like

She sounds crazy, but you should have talked to the man

2 Likes

The father is the person you should be communicating with . After dating 3 weeks this chick has no rights at all to the children .

13 Likes

You are not wrong !!!

You need to chat to your ex and sort this out,maybe he gave her permission to post those pictures,leave her out of it,its between you and the ex,he needs to be responsible aswell seeing that he is the father

6 Likes

You should’ve went to your ex about it first

3 Likes

Why did you not go through your ex?
If some person I did not know messaged me out of the blue giving me demands I would not be happy either, and I would know that person was stalking me

If you had done the correct thing and spoken to your ex then you may have had a different attitude from the new girlfriend

If in Australia, as far as I am aware for my legal battle, when the kids are with one parent the other has no say about who the children spend their time with (obviously unless they are in real danger or being abused and in that instance you would go to authorities)

You shouldn’t withold the kids from a relationship with their father just because your feelings were hurt.
It’s a really gross look for u as a mother

12 Likes

I agree that no one who is not the kids’ parents should be posting pictures online.
I do have many friends who made special pages on Facebook that is private and for their kids pictures to be posted. I’ve posted pictures I’ve taken of friends kids on those because only those who are granted permission can see it.

4 Likes

First there are many reasons for a parent not wanting someone they dont know putting their children out there for who k ow who to see them. This gfs reaction to a mother being upset is extremely alarming so I’d say this mother has every right to be unhappy with this. This just says her kids are probably around someone who wont have their best interest at heart.

17 Likes

So she must get the photos from your ex tell him how you feel, no photos of the kids on social media, he should respect that. Oh hun, she’s trouble.good luck!

2 Likes

I went through the same thing I shut that down real quick my ex was even allowed to see them as long as she was around him he finally told her where her place was mom is always gonna have last anything when it comes to her babies no matter what it is our God given right to protect what we were gifted

This post really hits too close to home for me right now because of my daughter’s ex and his new wife and what they have done to her and my grandkids. I’m not going to mince words here, this woman is a complete inconsiderate, attention seeking, troublemaking bitch and if your ex doesn’t stand up to her and tell her to stop, he is as big a part of the problem. I really hope for your sake, and your children’s, this relationship she has with him ends soon. Try and talk with him and if he isn’t co operative, then seek legal advice NOW, you don’t want to go through what my daughter has. I wish you the very best of luck

She shouldn’t have even met the kids after only 3 weeks, your ex needs to pull his head in and put the kids first instead of his dick

19 Likes

She only needs your daughters dads permission to post. He has just as much say so as you. You also don’t get to dictate who he brings around your child. When she’s with dad… dad makes the decisions. As long as there is no danger or criminal activity it’s not up to you. You should have never messaged her to begin with. You could have asked her dad to stop it and he could have said yes or no.

8 Likes

Um… I don’t think you’re wrong for wanting to meet her before you let your kids around her at all. Im a step parent and a bio mom. And I would NEVER EVER say anything like that to my bonus kids Mom. That’s seriously disrespectful. Fuck that, 3 weeks? Wow. I wouldn’t withhold the kids from their Dad, though. Talk to him. Tell him your extremely uncomfortable with the kids around someone you haven’t even met and that he barely even knows. There are Way way too many bad people in this world. Keep your children safe!

You don’t have a say in it really, but from the sound of it she is trash cause if someone would text me that I would be respectful of how u feel and like to meet their mom at least first before I post any pics . Maybe she asked your Ex and he said it was ok?
Just her response was disrespectful but I also don’t know how your tone was in your text

1 Like

You are not wrong, those are your children and their a law “Coppa” that protects kids privacy online. Dating 3 weeks and posting your kids pics is a big no for me. I don’t think kids need to be all over social media, especially with a woman that’s a 3 week gf. Myself I update my cover pic of my kids seasonally but I don’t share any other pics public on FB.

Oh she’s a little shit. Talk to your ex about this , tell him you’re going to involve the lawyers if she doesn’t stop ! She’s rude. This is unacceptable.

Pray you sort it out :pray:

3 Likes

Ok my opinion - she should of asked permission to post photos of your children and in turn respected your choice of it being answered with a no, I say this purely because you can never be too careful when it comes to your children’s images being spread across the internet. In saying that I do understand you not wanting her apart of your children’s life however that is definitely a discussion to be had with your ex partner seeing as this choice is not just yours but his too. Very difficult to try accepting someone else in your kids life but I always think mutual and compromise is key here.

Pick your battles because rest assure WHEN she breaks up with the boytoy, she will be taking the pics down. It’s a matter of time, don’t worry. Also, stop stalking her social media especially if you never met her. There is no reason for you to be her on social media.

7 Likes

You can’t stop her spending time with the kids, by law actually, unless you know she is a threat to the kids. It’s up to the father to decide who can take pics etc when the kids are with him

Oh she sounds lovely!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Woossaahh mama! Express your concerns to the father, peacefully. Hopefully he will agree with you because to me that’s a lil assanine and seems semi intentional and classless of the gf.

3 weeks? Hell no… you aint wrong. And this is coming from a stepmom of a 17yr old that’s been in her life for 13yrs.

2 Likes

Meet the other women fine, but getting to know her no… no need… you should only be communicating thru your baby daddy… and she should be tagging your ex in all of it …

So many of you here butt hurt from being left for another women.

Ask your child if they actually like her.

They may like dad’s new girlfriend and your stopping them from having friend someone who will be good in there life.

Does dad deserve happiness when your so low not really

But your children do.

Stop putting yourself above your children.

6 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2: imma say this and one time. She’s not the only parent in the child’s life, she should have spoke to ex about it, no one knows how long they were together before making it official so 3 weeks may or may not be right. The only time I’ve ever witnessed this and it usually went off of jealousy was when my ex husband tried to tell me after not being around his own child that I couldn’t let her be around another man. I said :joy::fu:. You’re not wrong for feeling that way but you could have handled the situation alot better.

East fix stop letting them go with dad!

For starters she doesn’t even know if she’ll be in this same relationship next month!2cdly,chic is gonna get an reality check 3rd i done said to much bc obviously she is more of the babysitter the girfriend!Sooo aaa yeah, NO… you are not wrong…

Why do women always have to be in some sort of conflict with one another?
Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s just a few pictures right? Unless this woman has a criminal history , drug, alcohol problems there isn’t much you can do. You will drive yourself crazy nit picking everything she does and I get it , those are your babies but it’s over with your ex. Learn to be at peace that your ex has moved on and will have other women in his life that will be around your children and hopefully you’re on good terms with him and can talk reasonably with him about concerns you have.

6 Likes

Wth…gezz…what is she like 12…ex needs to tighten that leash up…and protect the kids…then the both of you need to put your heads together and make decisions on how to handle social media…

2 Likes

I don’t know how old your kids are, but I usually show my kids a picture and get their approval before I post something on social media.
And she cannot post pictures of children without the parents permission, that’s either you or the dad, but really talk to the dad don’t waist you energy going through her. As for seeing the kids well when they are with dad, he decides who they spend time with, you can’t control that :woman_shrugging: so just let it go … good luck

Wow! some people are just so bitter :roll_eyes: you had children with this man, you can’t trust his judgment? If the kids are safe and being cared for with him that should be your only concern imo 🤷 and to the women saying dotn let him see his kids over this you are areal pos!!

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I in the wrong for not wanting my exes new girlfriend posting photos of my kids on social media? - Mamas Uncut

2 Likes

If dad is allowing it, then you need to back off and learn that you are NOT in control of everything that goes on at his house in his care.

28 Likes

If you don’t trust your ex enough to have confidence in the people he has your kids around, you have bigger problems than this.

13 Likes

I mean I feel like she should be more respectful towards you, but if he’s dating her then she’s going to be there talk to the dad about it though.

5 Likes

Woah, in my opinion this woman is way out of line. The only people who should have any say on what is and isn’t posted of your children is you and your ex. If your ex doesn’t come to an agreement, it’s important you set out some boundaries. This is entirely inappropriate and she is completely ignoring the fact that you are their mother. Everything you’ve said is perfectly decent. Keep doing what you’re doing, I think you know what’s right. You aren’t being selfish!

48 Likes

Unfortunately we cannot choice our ex girlfriends but I would just keep a close eye on my childern making sure no behavior becomes abnormal or anything long as she treats your childern good you should be fine

2 Likes

Nothing you can do about so get over it. If its his weekend he can do as he pleases.

6 Likes

Ummm hell no she shouldn’t be doing that… a 3 week relationship you have no idea who she is around or who her friends are

19 Likes

You don’t get a say in anyone else’s social media. You don’t get a say in anyone that he says is ok to be in their lives. He’s an ex and he’s more then capstone parent his children

5 Likes

I can see where this is super annoying BUT if dad said it was okay to post than you really have no say over it. She sounds like a peach tho :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

You’re gonna get some shitty comments about this but honestly you can’t control who he has around his kids. I don’t think it’s appropriate she’s posting public photos of your children without your permission but I’m guessing dad gave her permission. This is a conversation you should be having with dad tho since you don’t know her and haven’t established a relationship with her. Shes pretty disrespectful tho honestly but nothing you can really do about it

TF… Why she posting kids that r not hers in the first place. Pics of ex n kids ok, but of just my children…nope. she ain’t got to do all that as a new gf

1 Like

Report the photos. Facebook will remove photos of kids posted without parental permission.

8 Likes

She sounds like a psycho.

4 Likes

That’s why you put these things in custody agreements

3 Likes