Am I in the wrong for not wanting my exes new girlfriend posting photos of my kids on social media?

Unforunatley this is what happens when a family splits. This might make you uncomforable but you are not in charge of what dad allows. You CAN express your feelings/concerns to dad. Im assuming your not friends on social media since you dont know her. Why are you digging? For hurt feelings?

Just breathe & trust dad can make good decisions.

6 Likes

Take it to court and have it in your custody agreement or get supervised visits so she canā€™t be around . Sheā€™s clearly there for attention, no one should be posting your kids unless family and never without permission.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. She has NO say or right to post anything about your children or the need to be around the children until you meet her and know itā€™s safe and okay. She has NO rights to your children. However if dad still has his parental rights and sheā€™s with him then unfortunately unless you go to court and give them reason to believe she shouldnā€™t be around kids thereā€™s not too much you can do. If there is worry then donā€™t send them and pursue as you need to. I think he should wait and get to know her himself before bringing the kids into the mix and there shouldnā€™t be an issue with her meeting you especially if the kids are there. Itā€™s just the respectful and adult thing to do.

3 Likes

Unless your parenting plan says otherwise you have no say in who is around your kids. Sorry sweetie.

6 Likes

Why does her posting photos bother you?

:woman_facepalming: if they are in a serious relationship she is going to be in your kids life. Unfortunately you might now like it but itā€™s better to have a good relationship with her for your childā€™s sake. Although you might not see it that way, your kid will pick up on certain things and itā€™s better not to have hostility :heart::heart: have a chat with her youā€™ll feel better

4 Likes

Iā€™m shocked at how many people are saying this is ok! 3 weeksā€¦I would want to meet any women that was going to be around my kids. The fact she is totally being disrespectful when it comes your kids tells me sheā€™s immature. Good luck.

22 Likes

We may not have control who our exes date, but when it come to kids there must be boundaries.

19 Likes

She sounds like a nut.

6 Likes

Fuck nošŸ˜‚ donā€™t listen to these other women trying to make you feel crazy for how you feel. Fuck that!

She sounds a bit rudešŸ™„ I mean they are your children. Bare it and grin and keep goingā€¦

She should be more respectful, but not much you can do about it if your ex is ok with it

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldnā€™t like some random chick posting pictures of my kids after 3 weeks either. Who knows who she has on her fb. You donā€™t even know her, let alone the kinds of people she associates with or how she feels about accepting strange fb friend requests. I wouldnā€™t be okay with that at all. And the way she responded was not okay either. She needs to be more respectful, sheā€™s been around for a whopping 3 weeks and is already starting shit. I wouldnā€™t really want her around my kids either. In my opinion if she is willing to be disrespectful over internet safety, what else is she going to do just to be spiteful and disrespectful? Sorry but yes you should have approached things differently (thru your ex) but the way she handled it/responded is 100% NOT okay either.

Just dont get why he has even introduced his kids to sombody he has only been with for 3 weeksā€¦

9 Likes

Sheā€™s rude and needs a reality check and your ex should give it to her

4 Likes

My granddaughters gather is living with a girl and has a child with him also. Said girl is constantly posting terrible negative things about me and my daughter. She had even posted videoscoaching my granddaughter into saying things. This girl went so far as to call cps and said I was abusing my granddaughter. My granddaughter fell at preschool and broke her arm and this was documented and the stupid girl said I did it. CPS dropped all allegations once they came to where my granddaughter lives and saw she is well taken care of. My daughter started my granddaughter in therapy because of the way she would throw fits about going to her dadā€™s for his court ordered visitation and even the therapist said something is not right at her fatherā€™s house. If all the girlfriend is posting is positive stuff I wouldnā€™t worry about it because I wish my granddaughters fathers girlfriend would only post positive things

If she treats you this rude I doubt she would treat the kids any better :woman_shrugging: she sounds wayy too immature and irresponsible

12 Likes

The police tell you ā€¦thatā€™s how kids are taken! Pictures should never be posted on fbā€¦ Go to court and get that stopped!

9 Likes

Wow!!! After a few weeks! She sounds horrid. I would be furious at her reaction more than the original issue. She has no say in anything. I would have told my ex tho, not her.

1 Like

Not your parenting time. If he allows it he is also their parent. So many women still so stuck on their exs dating lives.

3 Likes

Unfortunately unless a custody agreement says so u wonā€™t have a say who dad allows around them, if u go get custody arrangements most times they will say no one above 18 can be with them after 10pm and that will go for you as well unless married etc etc. 3 weeks seems early but not much u can do about it if he has visitation rights.

2 Likes

Ur allowed to take it to court. U donā€™t want it children on social media. Make it supervised visitation

3 Likes

No youā€™re not wrong at all. Thereā€™s predators out there. Who knows who sees these pictures & what their mindset is. Iā€™d be filling a parenting time restriction restricting all of from posting pictures of the children online & requiring you to meet anyone who is in contact with the children.

5 Likes

Oh hell no Iā€™d be at her front door step too fastā€¦ you will see who ever you want, ok then see me bitch. ā€¦ #dontmesswithmamabear

Kids should not be introduced "friends " until they get further into a relationshipā€¦the exes should be able to communicate about the kids.

1 Like

What the hell kind of parent brings their child around a partner of 3 weeks???

5 Likes

Besides being okay with someone in this kids life or notā€¦ Posting pictures and personal details is just asking for predators of some sortā€¦regardless of who posts it. I never post pics of my kid(s) and details. "First day of grade ā€œwhateverā€ at ā€œwhatever schoolā€ and a pictureā€¦now weirdos know what your kids looks like and where they are every dayā€¦more to the point, my ex mother in laws account was hacked and now a total stranger has all her pictures, family, children, everything. And because she was friends with my kid on kids messenger when she was hacked, this creep was now my kids friend for a couple weeks before we realized.
Not wanting pictures of your kids all over the internet is very reasonable in my opinion.

9 Likes

I would try to talk to my ex about it.

2 Likes

What does the custody agreement say? I think she is way out of line and should have no business being around the kids if she has no respect for your wishes. But if there is a custody agreement , where dad is allowed to have them, then it is kind of out of your hands. If there is no custody agreement, keep the kids and go file for one. Make it known to the judge that he has strange women around whom are taking pictures of your kids and you do not feel it is safe for them to be with him without you. Bring the text messages to the judgeā€™s attention too.

3 Likes

It may be uncomfortable for you and it seems abit too soon but at this stage and time she is apart of your kids life. Must be hard however she maybe a constant in his life so something you might have to suck up.

Just asking, how did you notice, how did you see? For you to inbox her shows her that you stalking her.

Unfortunately, This is what men do and we brake our own hearts by stalking and searching :heart:

Its just photos you have full custody of your kids, dont allow little things from your ex to make you unhappy.
This is mostly done to get attention, and it surely got yours.

It shall pass too because what doesnā€™t brake us makes us stronger

3 Likes

You need to talk to your ex unfortunately heā€™s gonna think youā€™re the drama one since he probably told her itā€™s ok to put pictures of the kids, because theyā€™re his kids too. She sounds like a big drama queen so good luck.

No, fuck her. You donā€™t know who sheā€™s friends with on social media, she could be one of those people with 1K friends and hasnā€™t met 600 of them ever. Itā€™s a safety issue, not a petty issue.

For one NO and two HELL no
If she is being this disrespectful
Shes being given permission by him (even if not words yea u can disrespect her) its by how heā€™s disrespectful to you. You dont go and act like you can do want like ur new mom of kids you claim to care about
cuz ur trying to impress ur new boyfriend. " Look at me Iā€™m so great with ur kids"
But f their mom

A decent person would have handled it differently
And the way she did shows how f up she is
I wouldnā€™t want that around my kids trying to be new mommy
And Iā€™ll be damned if shes going to disrespect me

Talk to your ex about this. Does he post pictures of them?

This would be a fight period ā€¦

2 Likes

File a restraining order posting kids photos is dangerous.

7 Likes

I mean to each their own but if itā€™s on their dads time, you canā€™t really dictate it. You should approach your ex about it rather than talking to her about it. That might be why she responded the way that she did (not saying itā€™s right or okay but anyone who has their boyfriends ā€œbaby mamaā€ come at them like that I am sure would be defensive). He probably gave her permission since they are his children too.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s not the kind of woman who looks out for other women; she likes to undermine them. Steer clear and go thru the courts asking for your kids not to be posted on any social media.

15 Likes

Narcissists jump in to relationships fast and do things like this on purpose to get a reaction from you.
Iā€™m sorry :disappointed::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Well, I think her responses have given you a clear picture of her character!

8 Likes

I would check with an attorney regarding posting pictures of minor children who are not yoursā€¦

3 Likes

Every time she posts a pic of kids report it to fb Instagram etc and tell them you didnā€™t give her permission and you donā€™t know herā€¦ She will go to fb jail and will be locked out for so long she should get the message then. 3 weeks is too earlyā€¦ It was like 6 months in for me to introduce my kids to my SO.

5 Likes

What does it matter!!?..who is it bothering? Sounds like you are jealousā€¦leave those kids alone when they are with their dad, and let them enjoy their time with him, and his girlfriend!! What they do at their daddys house is not your business as long as the kids are not in any danger!! It takes a village to raise kids, and the more people that love them the better! You picked the man you wanted to be the father of your childrenā€¦trust him to make good choices about who he brings the children around! Donā€™t shoot yourself in the footā€¦getting along with the girlfriend will make life a tad easier on you!

12 Likes

Yes you are wrong actually. You have no right over who your ex dates

3 Likes

Yes you are wrong and sounds more like you donā€™t want your ex dating anyone

4 Likes

His time, his rules. As long as she isnā€™t a danger and dad gives her permission there is nothing much you can do. I know itā€™s frustrating but at this point she is there and the only thing you can do is act civil. Who cares about her as long as child is safe then pick your battles. A judge would think itā€™s childish to fight over the fact that kids father gave permission for her to post pictures. He is the father and has as much rights as you. Remember if yā€™all start out salty and bitter it will not end well and that could be more upsetting for the child.

3 Likes

She sounds trashy tbh :woman_shrugging:t2: 3 weeks is way to soon to post pictures of kids you barely know. Her reaction says it all. Much to early to even meet your kids.

11 Likes

Honestly yes she should have asked you first before posting your kids but itā€™s really not even worth the drama! UNFORTUNATELY this is how life is your donā€™t stay with your childā€™s father than guess what you have to deal with the new ā€œfriendsā€ until the find the right one. You can go to court and get it stated no information or pictures of your children should be on social media yet that would apply to you as well cause if him and his partner canā€™t either can you and yours ect it goes on and on just not worth it.

1 Like

You can report the pictures on facebook.
Its not just as simple as reporting anything you udually do. You gotta contact tem & tell them shes posting your kids without consent.

Kinda creepy shes doing that. I feel weird posting pics of my nieces without their moms permissions.

9 Likes

I donā€™t even want my own mother posting pics of my kids on her fb!! Absolutely not her place to do so especially when he barely knows her yetā€¦ noooope from me.

5 Likes

Report it to Facebook. She canā€™t post your kids pictures without your consent. She is not only posting your kids but getting that defensive about it after only 3 weeks or dating? Thatā€™s pretty creepy in my opinion.

6 Likes

Tell her say that to your face šŸ¤ŒšŸ¾ greasy a** b****

But most importantly never speak to new & desperate females it will always come off wrong & end up offending each other. Grill your baby daddy & stay to yourself for a while until he make better decisions :100:

5 Likes

Idk this sounds like a BabyMama not ready to accept Daddy has moved onšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø How does she even knw theyā€™ve only been dating for three weeks? Maybe dad just didnā€™t tell her (for these reasons)

7 Likes

I know a lot of parents who keep their kids off social media- their pictures, their names, all of it. So I understand if youā€™ve worked hard to keep your kids off and then she just throws them on there. Thereā€™s a lot of creepy people in the world and who knows this woman may be one of them, you donā€™t because youā€™ve never met her. I understand where you are coming from.

10 Likes

She sounds toxic. You should be dealing with your ex, not with her.

1 Like

I post pictures of my boyfriends kids, but not until we had been together for over a year and he was ok with it. We do alot of family things together like ball games, swimming, bowling, etc, so it would be hard to not include his kids in pictures with mine. In the event that his ex asked me not to post pictures, I would first check with him before any changes

Some of these comments disgust me.

7 Likes

No youā€™re not in the wrong. She definitely had an attitude problem. Posting photos on social media may be something you can being up in court. However, if u and your ex post photos then they likely wonā€™t do anything about it. Anyone on either of your friend lists, can screen shot it and post it on their own page.
If she isnā€™t a safety concern for your children, you wonā€™t be able to keep her out of your kids lives tho. Again, itā€™s possible but they would have the same rule applied to you as well. Remember anything you request can be turned around, so be careful what you ask for.

2 Likes

yā€™all just canā€™t be grateful someone loves your child that literally doesnā€™t HAVE to. you sound bitter that he moved on.

10 Likes

No offence, but you went about that the worst way possible, and have now caused issues, if the father says itā€™s ok, then she has every right to post pics of the kids, threats of keeping the kids away from her, because you havenā€™t gotten your own way is childish and you shouldnā€™t have said that, if kids see the dad, and sheā€™s there, that is out of your control. Ideally she should have respected your decision, but if you step back and look at it, its actually a positive thing, sheā€™s proud to be around your kids and wants to share it with everyone, much better then a gf who hates your kids and pretend they donā€™t exist. Just my personal opinion.

10 Likes

You have to love your kids more than you hate her. (Or your Ex) He might have actually may have given her permissionā€¦

Maybe dad gave her permission to put them up, but I still think it was rude of her to post pictures with you saying not to.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nope for me. I donā€™t allow others to post my kids on social media and if she had any respect for you or your children, she would want to meet you. 3 weeks is too soon to even meet my kids.

4 Likes

If the dad said it was okay then she has the right to. You arenā€™t the only parent to those kids. Yes it sucks and you can state your opinion but in the end he can allow it as well. She should be respectful of you though and she does sound like she wonā€™t last long if itā€™s only been 3 weeks. I would talk to him about it and tell him how you feel about her posting pictures.

3 Likes

People saying she is wrong must not know respect because out of RESPECT no girlfriend of 3 weeks should be posting kids. Those are her children and it is disgusting how people think it is okay for kids to meet dads/even moms new partner after only weeks smh. In the kids best interest they should not be posted by strangers and she should have respected moms request to not post and dad should also respect. She sounds like trash honestly.

15 Likes

Regardless of this entire situation, why you are stalking your exā€™s new girlfriends social media?

14 Likes

Oh hell fuckin no that lady is out of her mind thinking that she has any rights to your kids!

Itā€™s not your choice honestly, and you shouldā€™ve talked to him.
Why are you stalking her social media, too?
You may not like it, which I personally understand, but you cannot control what they do. Its hard but you have to learn to accept it.

5 Likes

WOW, just WOW what a loser she is! I cannot believe she would say those things. However, you should have gone to their dad first and not even said anything to her because obviously she is quite immature and acts like a 13 year old. You need to let their dad know she is NOT to be doing that and if she continues his visits will start to go away until he remedies the problem. Some people just donā€™t know how to grow up and act like adults. :woman_facepalming: good luck!

5 Likes

This post is about her KIDS not who he dates :rofl: donā€™t think any of you lot would want a random woman posting pics on her Facebook of YOUR kids after after THREE WEEKS when she could have anyone on their, dont get were shes jealous or not ready for him to move on etc :rofl::rofl: her response just shows the type of person she is & by sounds of things they suited with each other

14 Likes

You are in the wrong no judge can tell you who to date if you know her name look her up my ex dated a child felon so I made a statement but other than that your petty and Iā€™m also a stepmom

4 Likes

I had my two girls ripped off me by their father and a woman I still donā€™t know - nearly four years later, forcing my children to call her ā€˜mumā€™. I had them handed back because the truth about them came out. Eventually. It still hurts. Somehow you have to get byā€¦ I know the feeling though, especially when sheā€™s shooting remarks back at you like sheā€™s the parent and entitled to your children. Hang in there. X

1 Like

You have no control while their in their fatherā€™s care & yes youā€™re being petty & if you wasnā€™t checking so hard you wouldnā€™t have found it. Live your own Life or Get Back With Your Ex but You Canā€™t have It Both Ways :woman_shrugging: if you were together this wouldnā€™t be an issue get therapy & work on your issues or at least work on how to co parents as adults

6 Likes

You not in the wrong. I was in the same situation and no matter how much I say something to my ex husband or her they do whatever they want. There nothing you can true do about but report on fb and hopefully they take it down (it not always work). Iā€™m sorry you having go though this. I know how stressful out you must be over that bs

3 Likes

Nah fuck her.:100: It is odd that you are FB stalking her though.:grimacing::joy:

Itā€™s weird of this woman to be posting these kids 3 weeks into dating their dad. I wouldnā€™t be thrilled about it either.

7 Likes

You can report the photos to Facebook and they will take them off they did for me when i had same issue. Id be concerned aswell you dont know who can see her facebook and where those photos will end up

3 Likes

A couple things you need to realize hereā€¦
The first and biggest is that No matter what happened between you and your exā€¦ if things ended badly you are the villain in his story.
Meaning that whenever he describes what happened, he tells it in a way that puts the blame on you. If sheā€™s with him then she more than likely believes it. You messaging her like you did just ā€œprovesā€ his description of you. Youā€™re gonna get absolutely no where with her messaging herā€¦and are honestly just creating more drama for yourself.

1. You can not want her around your kids all you wantā€¦and that doesnā€™t necessarily make you ā€œwrongā€ or ā€œbadā€ but unless thereā€™s a stipulation in a court orderā€¦you donā€™t really have the ability to control who interacts with your children in your exā€™s care.

Moving forwardā€¦
Talk. To. Him
Do not message her anymore for any reason. Period.
If she posts something on Facebookā€¦report the picture to Facebook.
Then message him.

Keep. Your. Emotions. In. Check
When you talk to him? Do not talk from an emotional headspace. Talk from a logical and reasonable headspace.

6 Likes

If you have primary custody, go to the cops. Itā€™s a privacy issue. She sounds like a child and three weeks is too soon.

3 Likes

Honestly there is so many predators out there I would be uncomfortable with the whole situation who knows who is seeing the pictures

5 Likes

She shouldnā€™t even be around the kids after only 3 weeks, so Iā€™m on your side. She sounds crazy. Thereā€™s no way I would trust her around my kids.

4 Likes

You shouldnt have messaged her. If she is so tacky to post photos of kids of a guy she has been dating a few weeks, she isnā€™t worth your effort. Just report the photos to Facebook. Then, take it up with your ex in a nice and polite way.

12 Likes

Yea meet all my ex girlfriends I wait until they date longer the few weeks but the gf sounds like a bitch and need to respect u and try to be nice for kids ur their mom and they love their she should respect that understand how u feel and respect ur wish I do ask all my ex girlfriend not to post pics of kids on Facebook and all of them has not but I definitely ask to meet her try understand y she being so rude

I ask my sister before I even post photos of my nieceā€¦ I find it extremely inappropriate to post photos of kids that arenā€™t your own. sheā€™s in the wrongā€¦ but this is a conversation you should have had with their dad, not the girlfriend.

3 Likes

My ex has a new girlfriend she hasnā€™t met me but he has told her all kinds of lies about me she has messaged me he has threatened me with her cuz he wonā€™t hit a female my daughter has not seen her dad since Easter morning she refuses to even talk to him so what does he do blocks me on here ignore messages does not call and hasnā€™t sent support but According to his new one im keeping our daughter from him I told him visits are to be supervised and if his girlfriend shows up itā€™s done because of his actions and how he ended things with me I no longer have any trust in him with anything so I see where this mama is coming from this other female should have respect for her as the kids mother she went to her like a grown ass women to ask her to not post photos of her children her and the childā€™s father have not been together long enough for her to be acting like the childrenā€™s mommy

Itā€™s the digital age. Your kids pictures are getting on fb whether you see it or not. They are either the subject or in the background! I think you should have maybe brought this up to the kids dad instead of going to the gf, of course sheā€™s going to be salty towards you. But she should also have some respect for your wishes and not over post pictures either. Maybe if they do something special share the moment but not be overzealous.

3 Likes

Not just Facebook but all the other social media too :flushed:

I would be pissed, I donā€™t post pictures of my daughter for safety, so no one else should be doing it either, now if I were the girlfriend and the mother is clearly uncomfortable I would not have started a fight, I would simply say ā€œyour kids, your rulesā€, simply to avoid problems, but she is clearly insenstive, she probably has no kids, because if she was a mother she would be more considerate of you, also I would not have said anything directly to her, I wouldā€™ve talked to father and made him fix the issue, I have quite a temper when it comes to my daughter, but he knows that I love her and does whatā€™s best for her, so If I tell him something that bothers me, we usually argue about it, but he comes to his senses and fixes the issue, or we come to an agreement, also I donā€™t know how you found out that she posted them, I blocked them both for mental health on social media, my clear state of mind comes first before stalking him or his partner

2 Likes

If your here in California, nothing you can do. Whoever the father seeā€™s fit ti be around his child, is his choice. Unless she is physical or mental harming your child, the law is not going to meddle in

1 Like

I would be mad too! You donā€™t know if she has nasty people on her Facebook !! But if anything take it in with your ex

No you are not wrong keep her as far away as possible

Ok so heā€™s been dating this chick for three weeks and she feels as though she has every right to post your kids picturesā€¦ something ainā€™t right hereā€¦ especially since she seems to have no desire to be an adult and atleast meet you or address your concernsā€¦ you are their mother and you have every right to be concerned about who is posting public photos of minors (your children) on their facebookā€¦

8 Likes

Report the photos, talk to your ex about why it isnā€™t okay, coming from a child safety stand point.

I donā€™t think youā€™re overreacting at all, and I would have done the same.

4 Likes

How old are your kids? If they are young then it is more confusing to them since they only want their parents to be together & donā€™t really understand why they are apartā€¦ 3 weeks is not enough time to know eachother to introduce the girlfriend to the kidsā€¦ even if they are thinking they are serious right now. Kids have enough they have to worry about with school & donā€™t even get their full frontal lobe until they are 25ā€¦this is my opinion. Others may disagree but I think that the kids have enough on their plate right now with the parents being separated even if they donā€™t show it coming from a person like me who went through this as a child with my parents divorcing & my Mother moving on & marrying someone else which caused me to go into a depression at that young ageā€¦ if you ask children in foster care what they want they will say a "family " all children want is their parents to love & respect eachother & most importantly to feel loved. I think he should waited before bringing her around the children out of respect for them & for himself & to also set a good exampleā€¦ too soon

3 Likes

Oh hell no not ok at all :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Iā€™d be pissedā€¦I donā€™t even like posting many photos of my child on FB as isā€¦let alone a stranger you donā€™t know from a hole in the wallā€¦
Hell no you are NOT wrong.

3 Likes

I donā€™t even let my mom post pictures of my kids because she adds alot of random people on Facebook, so you are definitely not in the wrong. You need to take this up with your ex if not your can file a report with the cops or CPS because it could be a privacy and safety issue. 3 weeks is way to early for her to have any say over your kids. What has your ex said?

1 Like

Absolutely not!!!
Report her posts for not having permission to post pictures of ur kidsā€¦ that women would have zero contact with my kidsā€¦ such a nasty bitchy personā€¦ keep ur kids away from such a vile cretin

3 Likes

The children are in dadā€™s care, custody, and control. The End.

3 Likes