Am I in the wrong for not wanting my exes new girlfriend posting photos of my kids on social media?

If i was in that position, I would’ve spoken to my ex partner first about it but also asked if I could meet her.
I personally wouldn’t be comfortable if my exes new partner posted pictures of our chikdren on social media, however what happens in THEIR time is just that.

Three weeks is way too soon to be getting comfortable with kids he’s wrong for that you need to address him FIRST and she already doesn’t have respect for you so she’s gonna be nothing but a pain in your ass you can’t stop your kids from going to their dads and being around whoever’s there but you need to talk to him and tell him that’s not cool to bring new women around the kids after not knowing them very long hello That’s common sense

She sounds unhinged and to speak to you that way after shes known your baby daddy for only a few weeks shows she has no respect either… Its a child protection issue imo you have no idea who she has on her social media platforms, where that pic of your child could go or worst case scenario who could snatch your kids because you dk what other details she’s put out there!! I’d Speak to someone in authority and find out what can be done about it… You didn’t give consent neither did your kids she’s breaking the law

2 Likes

Eek. I don’t let hardly anyone post pictures of my son online. I’d be livid.

Nope, this girl went to far and I would be speaking with dad in a not so nice tone and showing these msgs.

Your mom, he’s dad and she’s not going to be around forever.

1 Like

She sounds like a tw@t. I don’t know your relationship with your ex, but his girlfriend has no rights to your kids and she should respect that. She’d expect it in return if she was in your position.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a “his time his rules” there’s no co-parenting it seems. It seems this Mom is mad that her kids are being posted on someone else’s social media without her permission. She said she doesn’t know her, so she most likely doesn’t know her friends. Unfortunately, there are sick people in this world. Not saying the GF is but she could have someone on her friends list. We don’t know. But she has a problem with her doing this and the GF isn’t respecting her as a mother.
Advice: talk to you ex not the girlfriend. These situations are always tricky especially if you say the wrong the thing unintentionally.

1 Like

Nope u are not in wrong

1 Like

Maybe she needs a little ass whooping to pur her in her place.

I think its nice shes enjoying your children enough to want to post photos, but its definately all a bit too soon. Just keep things civil, explain you think its nice shes enjoying the kids, but could she refrain from posting photos of them for now.

I dont think your wrong for feeling weird about it. Given how little time she’s been involved… But he’s the one that is responsible for enforcing boundaries with the people he’s seeing. I would have went through him.

And, unfortunately, there isn’t a legal precedent to stop her unless you get it court ordered: Especially if he’s okay with it and it’s all occurring on his time.

The best thing you could do is try to communicate with dad first. Always try reasoning first.

But before considering legal action, always consider if it’s worth the stress and emotional toll of litigation.
Litigation should not be used for every issue one has, or it just becomes a weapon your using against each other.

2 Likes

Maybe she loves spending time with your kids but the new partners in kids life still need to be respectful to each parent because it’s what the kids see… so I think in this situation she seemed really immature and not ready to be considered a life time partner to the ex because she is just In the “I’m gunna do whatever I want with them” situation and that’s not always okay… you have to work together and if she is unwilling to be apart of the team then it’s definitely a huge problem that needs to be addressed.

5 Likes

It’s petty …. You should talk to their Father and let him handle it with her. I’m sure your kids end up on social media in other ways and it’s not a problem …. It’s only a problem when it’s a new woman? Why you taking it personal? Is there a time period when you would allow it? After say a few months ? Again it’s petty

4 Likes

Oh hellllll no. You put that woman in her place! Those are YOUR kids!! If you don’t want her around them yet, until you meet her, I believe you have that right. My ex husband’s gf is afraid of me lol I can put the fear of God into people. That’s what you needa do.

4 Likes

She has NO right posting pictures of YOUR children on her social media even if you have met. I would be pissed!

4 Likes

K so my ex’s new gf did the same thing which was not a fight I was willing to pick. However, one of our mutuals came to me to let me know that she was not only posting pics, she was also captioning them talking about “our” girl and how “she gets it from me” and basically just making it out to be like MY daughter was hers. It sucks. It fucking sucks. We got into a HUGE fight about it but long story short, there’s not a lot you can do about it. It’s absolutely fucking awful watching some other woman talk and act like your child is hers but at the end of the day, if your ex isn’t going to step in and set boundaries then there’s not a lot you can do about it. Just know that no matter what is said or posted on socials, you’re those babies only mama. You. She can post what she wants on socials but YOU’RE their mama. Hugs :black_heart:

Challenge her to mutually agreed combat winner posts all

3 Likes

I posted my husbands daughter mind u we have been married 15 years. N his new baby mom messaged me calling me fat ugly all this. We r not together right now but working on it. But she told me to take the baby down n it was a picture of my daughter with her sister. She said I’m not allowed around the baby and I need to stay in my lane. I told her you n him where both in the wrong and that u knew he was married n she shouldn’t have slept with him

It’s about the kids. Not you and him. If she cares for the kids and is kind who cares. It takes a village to raise kids now days. If she is a positive person…. Let your feelings go

3 Likes

Get an attorney! She has no right! I think in most states you can be sued for posting photos or even making photos of children that do not belong to you!

4 Likes

I think posting your kids is just wrong! Tempting as it is, keep it between family. Sorry, too many kooks out there, I have a friend rightr now, on vacation, and I want to say, stop! Yes, they’re adorable, but don’t do it! In this day and age, hell no.

1 Like

she sounds like a douche

2 Likes

When my bf sees his son. I don’t take pictures with his son and post them. I mean I yet don’t feel comfortable because I know he has problems with his baby mom. And we’ll even tho I been with my bf for a year. I still won’t post pictures with his son. Or with him and .y son. I just keep them in my phone. I get were your coming from. I would be pissed too. If I haven’t met her.

You both in your own way crossed lines and you both need to be more respectful.
She needs to respect that you are that child’s mother and until you both know her better, she needs to check with you too when it comes to your daughter and her social media, not just her father.
You however could have been far more tactful and less confrontational when talking to her about your daughter.
You came across as the possessive and jealous ex who will use a shared child to throw your weight around, even if you meant more to protect your child from a potentially unknown situation.
She in turn acted the part of the current who, while trying to bond with her current’s child who she may or may not one day be a stepparent to, got overexcited and overstepped her bounds a bit, but was refusing to be pushed around, not recognizing that you are just being cautious and going overboard in your own approach.
You both need to simmer down and work on your civilities.
If she and your ex decide to get married at any point, then she WILL BE around and UNLESS you can prove she is a risk to your child, no court will side with you in a custody arrangement if you demand that she not be allowed near her while visiting her father.
Hell, while they are dating, that is an order that would be a tall one to get, let alone enforce by the cops and the courts.
Whether it be her or it be some other chick, other women will be in your child’s life because her father will be dating other women just like you will or do date other men and just like he cannot withhold your rights as a parent because of your guys unless they prove to be dangerous or have enough red flags, you will not be able to do so either.
Protect your daughter, but play nice with your exes currents and be tactful with how you handle any parenting issues with them because you just might have to co-parent with them in the long run along with her father.

11 Likes

I agree. No posting.

1 Like

I think you were both at wrong.

New GF…Maybe too soon… And She should have completely ignored your message and let her Boyfriend the father be the one to deal with you.

And You should have gone to the father of your children whom you have to coparent with and tell him you were not comfortable with her posting pictures at this stage in the relationship and come to a Mutual agreement of a time frame or time line you are both willing to come to terms with. (Instead of being childish and messaging the gf)
Altho in all honesty He could also tell you that altho your concern is valid he feels comfortable with having this woman in his childrens lives… And theres really nothing you can do about it :woman_shrugging:

Keep in mind this coparenting thing is gonna be the rest of your life. Be an Adult, and try to keep things as amicable as possible…Not for you not for him but for the sake of the kids.

What happens if he stays with her ? Gets re married ? Has more kids… You don’t get to tell her she isn’t allowed in the kids lives… Its not your call. I get right now its new but it won’t be new forever and you have to come to terms with this new form of life.

5 Likes

I am sorry not sorry but if a chick that only knew my kids for 3 weeks started posting pictures of them on line and I asked nicely to not do it and she tells me to go fuck myself it won’t end well after that. I am sorry but it is different if they have been together a few months but 3 weeks and she is disrespectful.

Can’t believe people are mad at the original poster! she’s right. The new gf has only been around for 3 weeks! With your own profile you can change the settings so strangers can’t see pictures of your children but the new girlfriend could have anybody on her friendlist. That wouldn’t fly with me… and they aren’t her kids. If the parents asking you to take a picture down of THEIR child, you take it down.

16 Likes

It’s dads choice as well. Since they are his children as well. So while they are with him it is up to him.

4 Likes

Not wrong at all… there are sex traffickers looking for their next targets and this is one way of finding them. Good luck!

5 Likes

She’s right. You’re wrong.

9 Likes

She is right about everything she said to you. You’re in the wrong.

3 Likes

Ya know, your not going to like anything she does. You are still trying to control him.
But you are more upset that he has moved on and replaced you. I bet she has qualities that you do not.
You might want to move on and wreck more children’s lives with your next boyfriend. Because it seems like people like to do that.
Remember it’s not your children.
It’s our children.

4 Likes

She has no business posting pictures of children online when it’s clearly against the wishes of the parents. Period. Report her to Facebook, and the police. The school can’t do that, the newspaper can’t, she can’t. She isn’t above the law.

3 Likes

Is she posting memories she making with them are they getting along? I co parent great with my x and his new girlfriend and she posts pics all the time when they go do stuff I think its great shes is amazing my marriage to him was awful do I necessarily like him no lol, but do I love my child yes its not about you, him or her its about your child by now you should probably know how the children feel its been what a month??? Its not about your feelings do whats best for your children and let them create memories I can tell you if shes a good one they will resent you in the end if thats all you have to go on is her taking pics of the fun they are having, not to be rude but please let your children love theyre father and whoever he chooses to be in his life as long as its healthy and stable.

1 Like

And if it is her posting pics of memories and fun they are having while with theyre father a judge will tell you that you are being selfish also and probably lecture you and send you to parenting classes

2 Likes

Report it to fb, they’ll take them down

3 Likes

Talk to your ex. This is a safety issue. You have no idea who she is, who her Facebook friends are or who else has access to this info, including kidnappers, human traffickers and pedophiles. If ex said it was OK, at least ask her to restrict who can see posts of your kids to friends only. Arm yourself with data as well.

I’d also share info with your ex about introducing kids to significant others too soon and how dealing with a string of them can be so damaging. I’d bet he doesn’t know if this relationship will last and just wants help with the kids.

Talk to your lawyer about what you can do. You can go back to court if you want to put in stipulations about who can see your kids (this one may be tough), and what can be posted online.

3 Likes

I just wonder if all these people saying you are in the wrong have kids or would be ok with some bimbo posting pictures of there kids all over social media then telling you she is going to do what ever she wants . Lol people are hilarious couldn’t be my kids.

6 Likes

Sue tf out of her for not having legal written consent from both parents

6 Likes

Honey any California judge is gonna say if dad approves then its okay. Second judge is gonna tell u that u are not in control of what goes on during fathers visits and he will make u look crazy by asking why in the hell are you looking up your ex current girlfriend…
And you also know how many weeks they’ve been together… Makes me wonder if u know the date they started talking…girl move on and be at peace with yourself. Im sure you be annoyed if he was all up in your business during the beginning of your new relationship…
Nevermind I take that back; you seem like the type to get off if he was and think he wants you back and is all jealous

5 Likes

3 weeks?! A possible new partner would’ve even meet my kids for at least 3 months. :woman_facepalming:t4:
Your ex is gonna put your kids in danger. She sounds aggressive. I wouldn’t trust her near anyone’s kids.

1 Like

Lol knock her out :woozy_face: she obviously wants to fight

2 Likes

It would be best to hear all sides. I’m in the same boat but I’m the “girlfriend”. We’ve been together just three months short of being two years. I am not allowed near his two boys and any attempts to get to know them or simply meeting their mother is a no go for her. She doesn’t know me as a person whatsoever but she does get to spread false rumors about how I’m using heroin and meth. It’s sickening. This mother may be telling truth about her situation, she may not be. Given my experiences, as I’ve said, it’d be nice to get the entirety of the story before making any ugly comments toward one or the other party. :nail_care:

4 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I in the wrong for not wanting my exes new girlfriend posting photos of my kids on social media? - Mamas Uncut

Not cool but I don’t think you have any say. Can you talk with the father and ask him to tell her to stop? Ugh. what a mess!

4 Likes

She shouldn’t even be around your children so soon, not to mention you never met her. The father don’t even know her well enough to know whether she should even be around his children. Mad disrespectful :triumph:

11 Likes

No you are not in the wrong. you are a good mother for wanting to know who is around your children. It is your right and responsibility.

4 Likes

I would have went to the kids father first.

9 Likes

The mother has every single right to tell her to stop. The girlfriend is not the mother of the kids.

8 Likes

She had no reason to be bitchy about it a friendly meeting would take care of it. But she seems to want to go the other way. Sorry your not wrong. But she is and so is dad.

6 Likes

3 weeks is a no go for me… not a control thing, but depending on the age of the child, I would be less than pleased. Good luck.

5 Likes

This is too soon! Too soon for her to have met your children. And too soon to be posting photos on any social media. I have always said that kiddos can NEVER have TOO MANY people in their life who love them. But loving them means you put their best interest FIRST. And being respectful to BOTH of their parents = a good, healthy relationship…and THAT is best for the kiddos. That girl never even took the time to consider Mom’s request or why Mom was uncomfortable. She is being I considerate, rude and toxic. She either needs to get on board with maintaining a good relationship with both parents or get on out of their lives.

9 Likes

no you do not know who she shares her stuff with and the ex should put a stop to it

5 Likes

3 weeks… Nope… she doesn’t know the children well enough. Hell the relationship may not last 4 weeks. Totally out of line and disrespectful to you.

3 Likes

I get it! You don’t know her or who she hangs with on FB or in the real world. She may be friends with people you would not want around your kids. It might even endanger your kids. The fact that she doesn’t understand children need protecting shows immaturity, and lack of responsibility. That she is rude to you makes her adversarial at the least and dangerous at the most. Talk to your ex. You have the right to reign this in. I would.

10 Likes

Literally having this issue with my ex husbands fiance right now. She wants to be step mom to my kids but lost custody of her own

5 Likes

Out of respect for you, she should ask first before posting them because like you said you don’t know her yet and you want to be comfortable with knowing her first. I had this issue with my sister in law, we didn’t like her posting pictures of my daughter on Facebook without my permission

17 Likes

No you are not and I would take steps to make it abundantly clear by using any means necessary that you are their mother and you will set limitations or else she will be contacted by your attorney. She is not their mother nor their step mother at this point.

4 Likes

At 3 weeks, she crossed the line…
I would definitely talk to your Ex about this situation.
If he doesn’t do anything about it, that’s when it gets messy…
the kids should Not be around her…
She sounds very immature, and has No respect for anyone…
And you have every right to be concerned, you’re the Mother!!

12 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about photos unless inappropriate. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Keep your ears open and just listen to the kids talk if feel uncomfortable with the females!! They tell us everything good and bad…

3 Likes

No straner has the right to post pics of your children unless you give them permission.

8 Likes

Not until you meet her and you discuss things about your daughter. Also include your ex.

8 Likes

I think it’s time you put your big girl panties on and start acting like an adult, not a jealous teenager. Be thankful she wants them around her and your ex.
Let them enjoy themselves when together. Coparenting is the ultimate goal not alienating.

35 Likes

Talk to the kids dad and to a lawyer to seek legal guidance. If there are no legal guidelines, hopefully the father is understanding. If not, seems this is what happens when you separate. The new GF is probably the last person who should be involved.

10 Likes

I hate to say it but,when they are with the Dad he is in charge. I know it must be upsetting for you.

9 Likes

Well honestly…when he has them it’s his job to decide…when you have them it’s yours…you don’t get to control how he raises both of your kids.

12 Likes

Totally wrong they’re your kids not hers - her attitude is also wrong in dealing with you but it starts with your X try talk to him and not involve her but that can. Also go sideways coz men will think u jealous when your actually protecting YOUR KIDS - from an unknown source by you The mother - try not to let the kids see you arguing about them as they will feel divided - but also get legal advice and document the dealings with her this 3 week girlfriend could find she gets the smirk :smirk: taken off real quick with a legal letter

3 Likes

You should not have addressed her directly. You needed to take this up with your ex. BUT YOU NOT WRONG. She has NO RIGHT TO POST PHOTOS OF YOUR CHILDREN.

3 Likes

It’s not your call, why are you messaging someone you’ve never met?
You can’t control your ex or his new gf. Take the high toad and ignore, don’t spy her FB page either.

8 Likes

Yes. its one thing to develop a negative opinion for mistreating your children but this sounds like jealousy.

8 Likes

If you are wanting her not to post pics of your kids because you and your ex don’t do it, then yes you are in the right, although it should be your ex communicating that to her. If you just don’t want her doing it because she’s the new gf and you haven’t approved of her yet, then you are wrong. She could possibly be the one you have to co parent with, don’t start off on the wrong foot.

8 Likes

I belive it’s messed up! She should have your consent for posting pictures of your kids… I guess their dad allowed it and she didn’t bother asking you… I was going out for good few months with this guy that had a 2 year old at the time and he kept telling me how he doesn’t want to tell his kid about me in case we don’t work out which I was fine with cause I wasn’t trying to be anyone’s mother. Next thing he video calls me and introduces me to his kid and expects me to… I don’t know, be cool with it?! I suppose men just see things differently :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::smiley:

5 Likes

If one parent does NOT want their children’s pictures plastered on someone’s social media she has never met, the insensitive one is the GF not their mom & their mom is the parent, not GF. I’m on side MOM. No posting without both parent permission period.

6 Likes

Tread carefully on this one mama. I totally understand your feelings (went through the same thing with my littlest) but it really can backfire as well as make things messy that don’t necessarily need to be. It also depends on what kind of custody arrangement you have and/or if it’s court ordered.

6 Likes

Once again the mom is in the wrong because she doesn’t want a new person whom she probably doesn’t know should be ok with her posting pictures of kids that are not hers it seems easier for people to say she should leave it alone come on people let’s get real here why is it ok for that to happen the reason its easy to say that is for one fact you’ve not been thru this yourself because I guarantee you that if it was you in this situation you would be the same way so what gives you the right to tell a mother that gave birth to those babies that she has no say in the eyes of the law it’s on the side of the mother because the fact that they’ve only been together 3 weeks doesn’t say she loves those kids it just shows that she’s ok with hurting the mother so if I was you take it to court and have them re do the visitation and have them put in there if and when its his time to take them that she can not be allowed to be near them at all

5 Likes

If this lady had been with father as his wife or long time live in ! I feel she should ask the Mother if she’s ok with posting pictures of her children or the Father should let his ex know or talk about it !! I’m a divorced Mother it’s so important to communicate ! The Mother ask her not to put pictures of her kids on Facebook and she smarted the Mother so that’s just not going to work!

3 Likes

Not ok to post pics of anyone children without their permission

5 Likes

You can actually have this in a court order. You can set a court date and the judge can explain this is not healthy for your children.

6 Likes

How did you get on her facebook ? If you were married and are devorced most lawyers will do a six month period before the children can meet them and they can’t come to the house day or night as long as the children are there both ways maybe you should talk to your lawyer about this .

5 Likes

You can talk to your Divorce lawyer about possibilities of how children are exposed to new “friends “. But remember it’ll mean you are under same guidelines.

2 Likes

You are not in the wrong. Too many creeps out there these days and it’s only right to be protective! And I feel 100% that anyone that would be in a child’s life should at least meet the other parent. My ex had a girlfriend that would literally hide, or just flat out not speak to me or acknowledge that I was even there when I picked the kids up. She even blocked me on Facebook before I could even reach out to her! To me that is fishy as hell. I did learn where she worked and did have someone scope her out and they said she was an OK person, but to me if you are possibly going to Co raise my kids, you have to at least say HI, my name is blah blah.

1 Like

Very inappropriate behavior and you are right to restrict your childrens photos on fb as you want control of this as their mother.this woman respects no- one and surely it would show her that if you can access her account it is wide open for anyone to do so

1 Like

He has been dating her for 3 weeks and is already bring his kids around her??? WTH??? He should date her for longer, get to know her, make sure she is going to stuck around BEFORE bringing your children around her and YES you should meet who he is dating. Exploiting children on social media is not ok and she should not be posting pics of your children period. Shame on him for introducing your kids to a new female after 3 weeks. She needs to grow up and stop acting like a high school kid. I NEVER posted pics of my ex boyfriends kids and we lived together. Print the pictures and keep ALL documentation. You may need it for court someday.

My advice that I give to people who are divorced with kids is this. 1. I love my children more than I hate my Ex. This way I always put my children first. 2. I always tell my kids that their is enough love in your heart for many different people. You need to ask yourself why are you so upset. Is it coming from a place of love, or a place of jealousy? If you have any questions or concerns speak to your ex, not the girlfriend.

1 Like

As long as your kids are comfortable with it, no harm, and their dad’s ok as well, you can’t shield your children from life’s happenings, and encourage them to to tell you all about it, and if they’re not happy, then step up, otherwise let it be ok :wink:

If you guys have 50/50 and he dates someone that he wants to show and be a apart of his kids life and they are being treated with love and respect, why would you want them not to be loved? When they are with you you can tell them she is a girl friend so it might not last if you want or tell them to treat her as a friend. But your ex and 50 percent of your childrens life is not your say. Take it to court and get full or take away his parental rights. Otherwise you just sound jealous and meddlesome

I believe that you made a mistake going to this lady.
Talk to the father of your kids and stay away from her her answer to you was wrong.
Good luck

Absolutely not OK!! How dare she!! Some respect wouldn’t go a miss, also the fact they have been only dating a few weeks and he introduced her to his kids already is crazy!! My son won’t be meeting anyone untill I meet them so I completely understand…

This is something you need to discuss with your ex, after all he is the father of the kids. Whatever you do, ensure it doesn’t have devastating consequences on your kids. If being in the pictures makes your kids feel included in their dads life, so be it.

If he has only none her for 3 weeks he does not really no what she is all about i would really looking into this i would not feel very happy about and i dont think dad should let her do this so early in his new love life it really mess childrenup

You are wrong. You should trust the father of these children to make appropriate decisions for them. This is part of divorce, albeit a crappy part.

5 Likes

I don’t believe anyone has any business (for so many reasons) posting photos of someone else’s children. Mom or dad should be the only ones. Too many predators out there!

You cannot let her insecurities and lack of maturity cause your children any harm. Your obligation is to them. I wish more parents put their children’s welfare first. Great job, Mom.

She doesn’t sound like a very nice person from her responses to you and maybe your ex won’t stay with her long. But I agree she shouldn’t be posting pictures of your kids without your consent and really this is something your ex should be involved in, by asking your feelings. So I don’t entirely blame her, he should be more considerate of your feelings and discuss it with you. If it becomes a long term relationship and your kids like her and get along with her, you may have to reconsider. If all else fails, legal action as others have said is another option.

You have to talk with your ex not with her….
But you are absolutely right, I’m sorry for you she is definitely a bad person….

Don’t be mad at her, you should be mad at your ex. He’s the one who is allowing her to do that. She’s just some random he’s only been with for 3 weeks. She could be any random. He is allowing it to happen. Is he allowing this to happen to upset you or make you jealous? Ugh…I know that must be upsetting for you.

2 Likes

No your not wrong.she might be a person of no trust,or even could be a bad influence on you loved ones,and an other thing if there Father left them he must not care about them ,so why the hell is she so interested.hold your head up high and be the only one that has true love and ownership .God Bless You and your little Darllings.don,t mess with someoneyoudon,tknow

The dad shouldn’t even let her meet the kids for 6mon. Or a yr. just in case it doesn’t work out with her. Then the kids aren’t affected emotionally.

No
She should not even be around your children until they have been together for a while
No she should not be posting pictures of your children
She could be a nut
Protect your children

1 Like