Am I overreacting?

I laugh it off now I let them talk I know who my kids belong too and of course they will have other family features I feel like once they see it’s old to you then they will stop with that and look for something else to pick on they are just woman who don’t have anything better to do or say ignore them

1 Like

Not overreacting at all. You are the mother and you get to say who’s in your kid’s life. If they want to keep up this behavior, you can bounce them right out of it.

5 Likes

We joke around all the time about how my aunt is really my mom because I am a spitting image of her— looks and personality— and NOTHING like my mom. It’s just words… no one actually believes my aunt is my mom… my aunt doesn’t actually believe I’m her daughter. I think you’re feelings about his family excluding you might be causing you to read more into a situation than actually exists. No one can take your title of mother away. Plus…. If your in-laws are anything like mine— letting them know it bothers you is probably only going to fuel it more… especially since no one is going to take this seriously

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

If you have your partner on side then who cares what the rest say but deffo pull up when things are said as nicely as you can say something like yes theres a definite resemberlance but he/she is fir sure a mummys boy/girl let them know your the mum in a light hearted way … pick your battles so your not on the outside but deffo speak as respectfully as you can to them personally…and curse them privately as end of day they are your partners family who they love even tho you may not all the time xx

2 Likes

Need to establish clear boundaries with your partners family. Be respectful even if they are not… it’s hard, but you can rise above their b.s.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

I’m petty. Say things back to them like “yeah looks like you slept with your cousin and popped this baby out.” Or if your child is misbehaving say something along the lines of “ you get that from your dads family too”

100 Likes

Sounds like you need to tell them they can A.) Respect you as the children’s mother or B.) Lose the privilege to see them. You don’t want your children hearing it and they won’t stop. End of discussion. :woman_shrugging:t3:

70 Likes

I’ll be honest, this was extremely hard to read to make out the story properly. That being said, I’ll give the best advice I can based off of what I did understand. It sounds like his family is joking, but the jokes make you uncomfortable. Tell them. They might not even realize that the jokes hurt your feelings. I’d say something like, “I understand that you’re joking, but the jokes you make are making me feel like you don’t respect me as the mother of my own children.” Sometimes just communicating makes a difference. If they continue, limit your contact with them. I wouldn’t say you’re overreacting, I’d say that you’re not expressing your feelings on the matter and doing something about it. Speak up.

60 Likes

So I tried reading this. And honestly this is kinda common. Family on both sides claim kids look like them. I mean I don’t see it as something negative. Like some say my kids look like their dad’s side meanwhile my family says they resemble someone on my side. And we make jokes etc. Like I tell my sister her daughter is a Mini me and call her mine. You need to lighten up. Everything isn’t an attack on you. And your family is yours. They don’t have to include your family in anything. It’s your place to invite them to your family stuff that you plan.

49 Likes

Your partners loyalty is to his children and his wife/mother of his children, period. They can either respect you as the childrens mother or lose the privilege of seeing them. Same shit with my mother and sister in law…toxic is toxic.

44 Likes
  1. It is a bit hard to read. Please use punctuation to help us.
    2: what is a partner family?
32 Likes

Speak up and stand your ground and you are there mother. Tell them to back off that your the mother and if they cant respect you in your home they can leave. Make boundaries. Tell them your children are not up for adoption and there yours and your husbands babies and get your family involved in the kids lives. They have no say so dont be afraid to speak up

34 Likes

Holy shit that was a LONG sentence

50 Likes

Your child is YOUR child!! Have all the attitude you want over Yours!!! Its not only your RIGHT to speak up… Its YOUR JOB!!
Never allow anyone to belittle you… That toxic behavior is not good or healthy for you or your babies!!

Dad needs to be involved!! And I mean involved at putting his family in check!!

16 Likes

Spend less time with his family if they’re constantly disrespectful.

BUT - does your partner not have a problem with this or see that they’re being rude? Can he not speak to them on your behalf if you’re uncomfortable? You definitely need to communicate this to everyone, if they won’t stop, just don’t go to their house :woman_shrugging:t3:

21 Likes

Short answer: Yes, you are overreacting.

15 Likes

I think you are over reacting,it sounds like you just dont get their sense of humor, I see nothing wrong with it, just joke along with them, what’s wrong if the kids resemble their dads family? You are all family now. Dont you think your hubby is good looking?

14 Likes

I don’t really understand what you are asking, at all, BUT it’s important to remember that your feelings are valid no matter what anyone else says. It sounds to me like you need to have a serious talk with your partner and learn to stand up for yourself. As to your side of the family, it’s on them and you to include them in your life, not your in laws.

7 Likes

I can’t really understand this because it’s a giant run-on statement. That being said if you’re feeling disrespected by his family you need to have a conversation with him about it.

5 Likes

I really dont think it matters if youre over reacting or not. If it makes YOU uncomfortable, then your feelings are valid and people should respect that. Remember, you are mama, what you feel matters. Speak up, make it known that it makes you uneasy and upset. if that doesnt work, You dont have to stay in any situation youre uncomfortable in.

5 Likes

I feel like no one here can say whether you’re overreacting or not. It’s all about how you feel. If you feel disrespected and like it’s making the environment around your children toxic, then you’re not overreacting. You should probably have a sit down conversation with him about his family and how it’s making you feel. Let him know you need him to make your feelings the priority.

5 Likes

First of all, your partner needs to tell them what’s what. And if he don’t, sounds like all of them need to go buh bye :wave:t2::scissors::scissors:

13 Likes

I had this problem with my husband’s mom. It got to the point of me about to lose it on her so stepped back and told my husband to talk to his mom or I was going to and believe me none of us wanted that. So my husband had a conversation with her and let her know she was over stepping her boundaries and if continued she would not be in the kids lives at all. It helped I mean she at least tried not to overstep and we didn’t have many issues after that. Your husband needs to be the one to talk to his family and let them know to stop because it causes you discomfort. He needs to have your back and step up and have these conversations so as not to let it continue

2 Likes

My own opinion is that they probably mean no harm, emotionally, towards you. I take it as they love your kids so much and they’re proud that your kids are part of their family too. You said you’re pregnant with the 3rd baby now. I personally remember being very emotional and sensitive to LITERALLY everything and I always took things the wrong way when I was pregnant. I couldn’t help it. It was all my hormones. So maybe that’s the case in this situation too. Previous dislike grows bigger and stronger with hormones. I’m not sure why anyone would say that they’re the mother of anyone else’s child, that’s odd. Unless they mean it like “she looks just like me, I could be her mother”. I don’t think that was meant in a mean way towards you. Take a deep breath, keep calm, show you’re not just some crazy lady, but be stern when you tell them that what they’re saying is upsetting you.

2 Likes

I have been through thus problems for years with my grandchildren they always call my sister their grandmother and I always felt left out and still do to this day their father kept them away from me as much as possible he made me feel like I was never good enough I couldn’t buy them things like my sister did she had money rich however I didn’t she would always go down to their house when ever she wanted I would always be left out they even went on vacation together I was always left out now my daughter pass away 1 year ago their mother I felt miss treated at funeral for sure that was their mother than my sister pass away 7 months after her now they don’t have either one but I’m still here not feeling any love n still. Feel like I’m not good enough

2 Likes

They sound like plain bullies 2me and I think you feeling it a bit too much because you pregnant but other than that.please take your kids 2 your family aswell and let them spend time there aswell…and he’s side should grow up and let you have your opinions feelings…who are they 2 say not to show attitude when you are there mother and feeling miserable…infact show them double attitude :wink:

I’m not sure if they are doing these things to aggravate you, or if they are just innocent remarks. I know people say my youngest granddaughter looks like me, but the mother’s family strongly disagrees. I don’t think it’s a big deal. You should discuss with your partner. Maybe he can intervene.

Yup! My kids dads mom always says everything about my kids come from him :joy: even about the morning sickness I had from the first day I found out to the end. Lol “I was sick all the time with j” lol stupid really

I personally think you’re over reacting. To those who say the children are going to grow up confused how did you fathom this? They know who their mum is so I don’t see how the children getting confused is even an issue

11 Likes

Them saying she’s looks like an aunt or their side… So what. You’re mama, you know she’s your’s :roll_eyes:. So they say their gonna adopt her, so what… Seems like those are stupid reasons to be pissed. And they don’t include your family in posts, so what… They don’t have to. I swear y’all be too child minded for this stuff. Them being actually unkind to you, that is a different story… Them saying your family doesn’t do nothing for them, when they actually do, that is a problem. But saying they look nothing like your side WHO TF CARES. My eldest looked nothing like me… It was MY family joking at a couple years old that if I wasn’t mama they’d tell me to get a paternity test, cause kid was the spitting image of dad. So what, he’s the person I chose to have kids with, so looking like him/them… I hope there is more to this, cause this alone… Mama get a hobby, find something better to do than pay attention to stupidity, some on your own part. Take care of your kids, about to have 3? Way too much to do than care that a baby looks like…:woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

I’m sure she’s grateful for all the grammar advice that she didn’t ask for.

8 Likes

That was a very difficult read… but it sounds like you are severely overreacting. They are joking with you. I don’t understand why you would take something like that so seriously. OBVIOUSLY you are the parent. OBVIOUSLY they all know that. So what if they child looks a lot like his side of the family? So what if GENETICS chose the fathers features. Why is that something to be so hurt by? No one literally thinks they are your child’s mother. But for whatever reason you have for it hurting your feelings that your inlaws like to be silly with you, joke back! Tell them they should be the ones to change the shitty diapers. Tell them to feed, clothe, and bathe the kid. Tell them every time they cry that it’s their kid so they better calm them down. Or have a serious talk with them and say “listen yall, the joke is getting old. I’m tired of hearing about it. I get it, my kid looks nothing like me. The end.”. Maybe Tell your husband to have a talk with them. “Listen guys, I know yall mean well and are just joking, but she is taking this way too seriously and it’s hurting her feelings. Can we knock it off?”. Just be prepared to be thought of as annoying and overbearing and them not want you around as much because of how you can’t take a joke. But then again, maybe being around them less would be a good thing to you? Idk. This was a weird one.

6 Likes

I personally think they are playing. My daughter’s son looks like my son. We always tease about it and so do others but no harm is intended.

6 Likes

Girl I get your side I do, I wouldn’t say over reacting no. But it’s better they say that, then try to say there’s no resemblance whatsoever meaning them kids ain’t apart of your husband or his family :woman_shrugging: if it bothers you speak about it, if they have an issue with it, just leave it be because you and your husband obviously knows it’s your children.

4 Likes

I’d have your husband speak up on your behalf. As for your attitude, we’ll its your children. They have no right telling you to not have a attitude about your child. I’d be like um hello my child I birthed her and she’s mine guess you will be spending a lot less time with her until you can show some respect my way.

3 Likes

Sounds like my ex in laws. Notice I said ex.

5 Likes

I’d ignore them. They’re not her mother you were so who cares they’re just pretending. You will always be their mother.

3 Likes

It’s actually quite normal and common. My first daughter’s family says she looks like his side and mine days she looks like me. Then my fiancees side says out twins looks like him and mine says they look like me. I think a lot is just family jokes. I personally wouldn’t be bothered by it. Obviously you’re their mother and they know that. I do think you’re over reacting personally, but if it bothers you that much then tell them that. It’s probably an awesome thing ad a grandparent and siblings to compare the babies to their families. Most do it and I’m sure I’ll do it when my girls have babies too. I really think they’re just playing around and making jokes.

3 Likes

Too petty. Children faces change. They are special and I Clyde’s a mother And a father. Spend time discussing attitudes and behaviors.

2 Likes

It’s not their place to include your side of the family into their lives. They must see a lot of your husband and his siblings in your children and they’re expressing that, which is normal.

9 Likes

Yes you are over reacting. This is usual behavior in families. My family says my kids look just like me. Their father’s family says they look just like him. They see a strong resemblance in another family member and make jokes. It’s normal. You need to breath and calm down. Your hormones are definitely elevated, but for no good reason. Just laugh it off and move on.

1 Like

Everyone does that. I bet your family does the same thing baby looks like so and so. It’s what people do.

2 Likes

1st off, Breathe!

Next there’s a whole lot of context missing here.

Now I’m not sure about you but me personally I dislike when people do this. “Oh you look just like your dad”.

It’s funny because when I don’t go around people familiar with my dad’s side of the family they ask me if I’m a (Jackson) my mother’s family. I have always felt that I’ve looked more like my mothers uncles than I do my father. I have my fathers Eyes and brow for sure but other than that we don’t look a like but they try so hard to say we do. :rofl:.

Its like saying LL cool J(Me) and Rondell sheridan(My dad) look exactly alike and they don’t. They have similar features but just the slightest change of angles and tilting of lips/ nose/brow makes an entirely different FACE.

In my particular case though both of my families are very possessive, manipulative and controlling. They disguise their intentions with “jokes” aka insults typically.

Example my brother and my father look identical in features except my brother’s skin complexion is very light. Because my mother is also light the people on his side say that my brother looks like my mother which is untrue.

If you took my dad’s wedding photo when he was 25 and put my brothers face on it and changed the complexion they look identical in features and bone structure.

Because my sister and I were brown skinned and more tan growing up they always said that we looked like him and their side :rofl::rofl:. I look nothing like them at all. In fact since my dad was born from adultery, I actually look more like my biological grandfather than them but they try it sometimes.

If your situation is anything a similar, yea its not good. They know what they’re doing.

Just like 3/4 of my kids look like their mother. 1 looks like me. When I’m around my dad’s family they swear up and down that my son looks like my DAD. AGAIN just like me he has the BROW and eyes. The rest of his face is MOMMY!

When both my dad and myself were born his family said stupid stuff like “That’s a white man’s baby”… first off we have a very blended family when it comes to heritage so that makes no sense considering our great grandparents were Scott Irish and native American :man_facepalming:t5:. I truly hope there isn’t colorism and possession going on in your family, but it sounds like it. I know how aggravating it can be.

I also know how annoying it can be to not get invited places, however it should be more your concern that your husband and your kids are loved and respected and you guys do things together moreso than worrying about the in-laws.

Best of luck to you. You’re not alone.

1 Like

Just laugh it off when they say that and say nope I am her mom, etc. don’t worry. Too many other things in life than to care if someone loves you babies enough to call them their mom. Everyone knows they aren’t. I think you should let it go!

1 Like

Why should they have to include your family? Thats on you

2 Likes

Why isn’t your man standing up for you??
WALK AWAY, and DON’T GO.
I know it may sound insensitive but if the Daddy don’t speak up and you already have and to no avail then don’t be around them. Yeah, you’ll get backlash but you shouldn’t allow yourself to be treated like this.HUGS TO YOU AND I WISH YOU THE BEST

1 Like

My mother can get like this with my kids, gets jealous of my husband’s family or a little snobby and like… idk just doesn’t include them in certain ways. Not all the time just sometimes. I always speak right up and defend his family because they’re just as important in my kids lives even though a lot of them have always hated me/put me down

Tell them to stop and tell your partner to man up and stick up for you . Also let it go you know you are the mother so tell the sister to Fck off and stop saying that . My daughter looks and acts like my older sister and her daughter looks like me . It all in the family genes . Sometimes kids look different. They are trying to get you to react don’t give in. When they say something. Remember in your own head every one has dirty laundry and smile

1 Like

Idk why family members always say that stuff, it annoys me too

3 Likes

I would start by telling your husband that their snide comments hurt your feelings. See what he says to that, and hopefully he is supportive. He can tell his family to stop saying those things. Or just stop allowing them over to your house. They’re your children and if they’re being disrespectful then don’t let them visit with your kids.

I’d start distancing myself from them. Your the mother of his children so if they can’t respect you and your feelings then they don’t need to be involved in you or your kids lives.

Just answer with “yea yall look like yall would fuck a cousin or an uncle”. It’ll either shut them up or yall be throwing hands.:rofl:
But seriously they need to respect you or not be around your child.

1 Like

So my nephew (who looks so much like me and everyone asks if he is my son :heart: and whom I love dearly) seen my sister in law holding my youngest at about 4 months and he did a double take and said uuuh is that your baby or her baby and I tickled him and said thats my baby but does she look like her auntie, just like you look like your auntie :heart: and it was a happy loving moment, my baby does look like she could be her aunts baby, that doesn’t hurt my feelings or make me feel disrespected in any way when people bring it up, of course my kids are going to resemble their fathers family :sweat_smile: I think if something that is biologically natural is affecting you so deeply on what sounds like an insecure level- then you should ask yourself why that’s happening, maybe the family has mistreated you in other ways and now everything they do and say is hard to see from any positive perspective - but you need to focus on the ways they are disrespecting you and address them because being upset and asking them to stop making comments about how the kids they are related too, look like they are related to them is only going to sound like you are trying to micro manage the relationship they have with your kids

Don’t take it to heart. Most families make remarks of who a child favors. Apparently your daughter looks more like her fathers side right now. This reminds them of his sister when younger, that’s memories. There’s no denying a mother, mamas baby, daddys maybe. If she took after dads side, no denying. The aunt may joke, that’s because she holds a special place in her heart for that child. As children grow, your family traits could become more dominant in her. As long as they don’t tell the child to call the aunt mommy and confuse her, where is the harm? Don’t take it so personal, it’s all about the memories for them.

Put your foot down! You are those babies mother and everyone else can have a back seat. And if your husband is not supportive of your mental health then HE is the problem not his family.

1 Like

It is too much. They don’t see you as your children’s mother. That won’t change and only get worse with your third. If you’ve expressed how you feel about their words and they won’t change their words towards you on this matter- they don’t respect you. Distance yourself from that shit. You don’t deserve it. Your kids don’t deserve it. Your partner comes from family with that thinking.
Have a conversation with him. If he downplays his family’s attitude and doesn’t address it- He’s not the one for you, sis.
I watched my dad sit by while his side of the family regularly attacked my mother and her role. It destroyed us all and kept my father from holding his family accountable. I’m still navigating through that PTSD, now with my own family at 33 years old. We don’t eacape our childhoods, but we can protect other children from having the same kind.
Sending love and light :wind_face::heart::sunny:

I didn’t have the same exact situation, but my inlaws were absolutely horrible to me and still expected to be able to see my kids and talk crap about me to them. I asked my husband to speak up on my behalf because I had already spoken and they just called me horrible things. He decided to defend them, so I decided that my children were no longer allowed over there if I didn’t go over there. and I didn’t feel welcome so they weren’t welcome. Needless to say they did not see my children for many many years

Your other half should be demanding that his family respect you! If not it’s obvious he doesn’t respect you!

1 Like

I really wanted to be able to give you advise. Or sucks when you feel like you have no where to go so you turn to strangers on the internet. But I’m having a really hard time deciphering what you’re saying.

1 Like

I’d be telling my husband I’m our the door… my husband’s fam treated me like crap and so he quit talking to those people

That was the longest run on sentence I’ve ever read!:flushed:

1 Like

If they’re in my house they would be asked to leave I would tell my husband to find his voice really soon

I personally think you are over reacting.

7 Likes

They disrespect you because you let them. Speak up.

I personally would have a melt down after the 3rd time , I would give what I get . Try saying No I honestly don’t remember being laid by you but if you would like to pay child support I’ll take it .

Girl i joke about my daughter being just like my sister all the time because they were born in the same month they act the exact same way :joy: crabby,grouchy, etc etc :joy: it’s okay your baby won’t forget their mama!

All you can really do is remind them who is the Mom. Every time, that isn’t giving attitude that’s just stating a fact. Looks don’t mean shit considering all the things we do as Moms. Yes it is silly but I can see how it can get annoying.

When your baby starts doing something wrong or something they don’t like be like “yep just like you. She’s your kid right?” And laugh it off they usually get the hint and stop. Lol

1 Like

I feel each side of the family only see their family member in the children. We do that a lot with my grand children. My side of the family says how much they look like my daughter. Her husband’s side of the family say how much they look like him.

Kinda common with my kids as well only grandkids andy mil is always like omw they both look just like me and my son like lady no no even down to birthmarks … Or when my daughter’s hair is done she will say omq did daddy do it like OK I just learned not spend time around them and ignore

If something bothers you then it bothers you. Your feelings are valid! You need to look inward and ask yourself where are these feelings coming from? From what it SEEMS like, you don’t share a positive relationship with your partners side of the family so it is okay if you don’t take well to their comments. Constant comparison is super common but also annoying lol. Don’t let it bug you too much. You ARE their mom and if your partners family wants to live in this weird fantasy world where they get to adopt your girls and have them closely resemble them as well then let them. It is common behavior and it is weird . Try to ease your mind and eat well for the baby inside of you!

I overreacted about that a long time ago, now I join in. When they say that your child looks like a certain family member it isn’t a bad thing. They can see a lot of themselves in the children. It does not mean you didn’t birth them, but your husbands side must have some pretty strong genes. Maybe you should sit back, take a breather, and find out why it bothers you so much. I know for me, it felt like I was being left out. I grew up, and as my children grew I finally could see me in them. They may look like a family member, but their personality, clumsiness, and sarcastic nature they got from me. Can’t forget they have the biggest hearts, I have ever had the privilege to know. I hope you feel better, and let the bitterness go. Life is too short to hold on to that negativity. Much peace and love to you, anonymous friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

relatable, you know what I did … set a boundary and i do not see those people very often or give them my time of day! I let my husband and kids go hang but honestly they don’t go often because I have four kids and my husband would have his hands full and he always knows ima find something more fun to do than what they have going on :sweat_smile::clap:t3::sparkles: but in the few times he does attend a nephews sports game or a graduation or funeral something like that I take my alone time that I don’t get often.

Your partner needs to pick up his balls and stand up for you… even if you are over reacting. Whether you’re hormonally charged or not, your emotions are valid, and people need to stop making you feel like you’re not good enough. Take back your power

Sorry I am going to be the mean one. Suck it up. You’re mother. A parent. You aren’t everyone’s friend anymore. Personally it sounds like you’re butthurt. It sucks, yes. But really. I think you have a village that will help those girls grow and realistically thats a blessing. It doesn’t matter who they look like. You’re the mom. Be the mom. Get in that picture And laugh And say you do have grandmas eyes! And smile and know those are my girls. Kill with kindness sweetie. You got this all day long.

Do they have custody or are raising your kids? I’m trying to understand and make sense of this so i can give you honest feedback.

Next time they start in… hopefully others will be there…ask them loud enough for all to hear, did these babies come out through your vagina or mine? Point out they came through yours and demand they shut the fuck up or they will never lay eyes on the kids again…if they’re threatening to take the babies as their own, then get a restraining order on you and all your kids.

Yeah this is messed up and not Your problem. Talk to a counsellor and see what your options are

Get over it. The world does not revolve around you. They seem to think the world revolves around them also. Pull up your big girl knickers or run home to mummy.

Make it awkward until they stop…wow you believe in incest??? I never knew :wink:

I feel ya. My daughter has most of her Dad’s features, but when looking at old baby pictures of myself & my sister, & pics of my nieces, you could almost mix them up & not tell who is who. When they make the joke just interject, “Nope! She’s my baby girl & always will be. She looks just like me when I was a kid! The resemblance is uncanny. But she does have her Daddy’s eyes/hair/nose(or whatever). The perfect mix of both of us! :heart:” Then just leave it at that. Hopefully that’ll shut them up.

I know it’s a joke but if it’s a joke, once or twice it’s funny. More than that if it’s bothersome it’s no longer funny and it’s disrespectful. It’s kind of rude and creepy after a bit. I’d say stop spending as much time with them and if they ask why tell them you don’t feel comfortable.

1 Like

Are they southern? This sounds like a typical southern family to me. It’s pretty normal for Aunts to say things like “that’s my baby” etc…however the adoption thing is over the line. Also, claiming all the features and talent…it’s annoying but pretty normal in any family I think. Well, maybe not to claim everything. I guess I’m just use to it. Lol. I just ignore it, unless it’s something particularly aggravating, then I’ll speak up. Never had any issues really though

They are horrible and you need to get away from them!!!

Sounds pretty narcissistic to me and you’re better off without them
I say cut them off completely

I really struggled with trying to read this…would you like some help? I’m happy to rewrite it for you so you can get the best possible advice?

Yes, you’re overreacting but if it bothers you that much you have every right to not be around them.

No idea what your question is. Just love your family.

Hell no you’re not overreacting

That annoying as heck!!! There is a reason for the awful in law cliche.

Sounds like they need some time away from you and your little family.

I’m going the the same thing and with me not having the help I needed my bd sister took my only daughter and basically said f my son… took me to court and all… had a baby shower with me not knowing when I was pregnant nd got my child calling her momma…. It’s been 4 months since I seen my baby and to top it off today her 2nd birthday and they don’t want me or my family involved in my baby life. I can’t even tell her happy birthday

2 Likes

My sisters oldest daughter, almost 21 years old, looks like she’d be my child, and my youngest daughter, she’s 5, looks like she’d be my nieces daughter. We went her entire life with ppl thinking she was my child and not my sisters, it never bothered us. We even made little jokes about it. I don’t think them saying things like this is a valid enough reason to cut ties with them like a lot are saying to do. This is upsetting YOU, not your children. Don’t be that parent that keeps your child from someone that loves them cuz you’re not satisfied!!

2 Likes

I think your being a bit dramatic. Ofc the baby has you n your family in them but they most likely don’t know your family n genes like that so they are excited about seeing their family members in your kids. Genetics are crazy and interesting like that. There’s kids that don’t look like none of their birth parents but they look like the great prandpas twin. Birth parents are still the parents tho.

2 Likes

I would just stop going around them

3 out of our 4 kids look just like my family nothing like their dad’s and we make comments and jokes about it but we still include his family. I do think you maybe over reacting just a little but if they aren’t including you than that’s not right. I’m not close to my husband’s family but I don’t disregard them either.

1 Like

Sooo…she used to have sex with her brother…is that what she’s saying? Ask her THAT!!! tell her your daughter came from YOUR crotch…not hers. Those all may sound like rude comments but that’s obviously all they know. So give it back to them. They’re being ballsy…you can too!! Or just don’t go around them.
Or agree with your husband that when you’re there…and they start their shit…that you all just get up and leave. He needs to have your back. He needs to tell them to stop with their ridiculous comments. Or you, yourself, can just not go over there anymore. :woman_shrugging:

Honestly if they didnt follow my rules they wouldnt be in my kids life. You’re the mother period. Your man needs to start putting his family in their place