Am I overreacting?

I always praise nursing moms but I also praise formula feeding moms. How ever you choose to feed your baby is your business. Now, I don’t think that he meant in a creepy way and maybe you are overreacting. If it was a sexual comment fine, but he praised you for feeding your baby! :person_shrugging:

Overthinking is a killer

1 Like

Definitely overreacting!

1 Like

DEFINITELY over thinking. Not all people ate creeps or being gross because they ask. Some people guienly care. Even MEN.

Wow that is a stretch. He was probably just trying to be nice and honestly who cares? He complimented you as a parent, grow up

3 Likes

Overthinking it and overreacting.

3 Likes

Not everyone has an alternative motive

4 Likes

So? It was a conversation you had with someone. If you didn’t wanna have that conversation then you could have walked away. What’s said was said. It doesn’t matter now nor will it matter tomorrow.

You’re still emotional from just having a baby. Try not to over think things.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t see it that way :woman_shrugging: would you rather him be negative about it? He’s probably a grandpa who’s daughter breastfed. Take it with a grain of salt hun

1 Like

Your overreacting… he was probably just worried about the shortage and little ones. :sweat_smile: you have a kid now your going to get lots of comments and what not. It’s just how it goes.

1 Like

Much ado about nothing!! Who really cares???

Well,count your blessings someone was nice enough to ask.I didnt take it as a creepy thing.I took it as an elderly man just asking a question.It’s not like he was a pervert and said,let me see your boobs.

Your hormones have you overthinking it.

1 Like

Forsure overreacting

1 Like

You’re reaching for something thats not there ma’am have several seats :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Sorry but you are def overreacting! Blame hormones & move on

2 Likes

Stop over thinking already!

1 Like

Huh??? He was just trying to talk to you. In that generation that’s what they did, stopped and made conversation with people! I have NO idea where you started thinking he was being creepy at all?!?! This is just strange to me, please stop overreacting and overthinking!! It was nothing!! :woman_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

LET IT GO! It was an innocent caring question! Don’t make so much of it and think so bad ppl!

1 Like

I dont see anything wrong. He could have really been concerned about the shortage and happy for you.

2 Likes

Y’all really gotta take what people say w a grain of salt I’m serious. Oh my god

2 Likes

You are overthinking ,he ment no harm

3 Likes

It is not that deep :unamused:

2 Likes

You’re definitely over reacting. He seen a mother with a baby and either was trying to help you in some way with letting you know where some is, could of had some. You never know. If anything sexual was said I’d agree but most older people are all for breast is best.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are bigger concerns

1 Like

You’re overreacting… he probably meant no harm.

1 Like

You’re taking it too personal honestly. It’s just an old man making conversation over a cute baby.

2 Likes

Ummmmm you need a nap.

7 Likes

I think it was truly innocent and more of a kuddos to you

2 Likes

Yep! Dudes totally trying to jank his wank over the thought of you breast feeding! Totally

Um… perhaps he assumed you were doing what’s best for her considering it’s what you’re doing? Seems like you’re reading too much into something that isn’t that serious. Would you have preferred a lecture about how you should be using formula instead?

5 Likes

It is natural to ask about how you feed your child and it is a complement. Good for you.

:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Do you remember the saying “ Don’t make a mountain out of a mohill “ that’s what you are doing.

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4: wow! A guy making innocent conversation turns into him being a creep. My gosh this world. We are doomed.

19 Likes

Overly concerned about what someone you don’t know said? I would have forgotten about this within 20 seconds.
Choose what you want to keep carrying with you. You only have so much room in your mind for things. Drop the negative thoughts. It’s not worth the space taking up your brain and now your time to write this. Move on, sis.

6 Likes

Way overreacting. He was likely genuinely curious bc this shortage affects so many with small kids.

4 Likes

Over analyzing it for sure.

1 Like

Tbh I think you’re just looking for a single ounce of attention :rofl: and wanting to brag about breastfeeding

11 Likes

I think that was just an old school guy and didn’t mean anything by it.

3 Likes

Do you judge every older man whom asks a question. Everyone knows there is a formula shortage here in the states. I don’t think he was trying too find out if you BF. I think he was just making conversation.

3 Likes

You are way over-thinking!!! The man was just trying to be nice, since he saw your sweet one week old baby. Think positive….move on!!

1 Like

:joy: calm your hormones! He was probably curious and concerned for all of these infants and moms fighting to find formula. Not all men are pigs and creeps.

2 Likes

I don’t think he meant anything by it, I don’t think you’re overreacting, but you did overthink this one

Elderly have asked me too. This sounds like he probably had grand children possibly effected by it too. Maybe he wanted to help you.

I think it’s a reach, some people do genuinely care.

3 Likes

Hopefully he was a concerned grandpa, wanted your daughter to be safe and nourished…it is never good to overthink things that weren’t even said/addressed. It puts you through worry and grief needlessly!!

I think it was innocent and not all men sexualize breasts. Maybe he watched his wife struggle with their children and had some insight into the difficulty

1 Like

Calm your tits… way over reaching this one.

15 Likes

Yes, you are. :-1: But happy your baby is fed​:heart:

That man could have been the link to getting formula. Why are you dwelling on such a meaningless encounter. Go enjoy your 5 kids.

2 Likes

You’re overthinking WAAAAY much…
He just asked a question. Maybe he’s a grandfather and is happy to see babies and wanted to talk to you.

2 Likes

There was so many other things you could have said.

Your over reacting…
When your children grow up and you see someone with a baby it brings back so many memories of when you had yours and sometimes you start talking with strangers about their new baby. I think we’re so use to people being nice that your looking to deep into it.

2 Likes

I think it was innocent and not all men sexualize breasts. Maybe he watched his wife struggle with their children and had some insight into the difficulty. He sounds like a caring individual to ask about a child’s well-being during a formula shortage. Maybe his wife died and he was lonely and making conversation. It’s hard not to assume the worst these days.

1 Like

Id be impressed someone took the time to ask regardless of man or woman some people actually genuinely ask and tall to people

2 Likes

Take a nap dear, you’re overthinking what was a well meaning conversation. You might have been the gentleman’s only conversation that day.

12 Likes

Honey you need to stop over thinking things…

4 Likes

Yep you’re overthinking lol

I think you’re over thinking. He was probably just tying to engage with another young human. Of course people have their reasons for not breast feeding but he probably would have shown concern for your baby’s needs, if you had said that she is formula fed. I think he was probably being friendly, God forbid!

2 Likes

What was the big deal? He just said good for you and was most likely just being a concerned person and saw you with a new born

Ummm, I’d take a backhand compliment over a backhand insult any day. Good grief, the guy was just inquiring, and conversation between strangers used to be a normal occurrence. Now everyone’s a “creep.” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Calm down. You are overthinking what he said. Im sure he meant nothing by his question.

1 Like

You are overthinking.

I was always approached and told positive comments from older people when ebf my son. It was nice because I didn’t receive that treatment from my age people…. Don’t overthink it girl it’s a stressful time enough right now with other stuff going on

I think he was honestly just curious as to hiw you were handling the shortage if you were using formula I feel like he was genuinely being nice and trying to make conversation with you sweetie I think the hormones are still running rapidly babe and honestly the older people are generally concerned about the formula problem as they went through a recession before us so I don’t really think he was trying to make you feel any type of way hunny

19 Likes

News flash back in his day there was no such thing as baby formula…maybe he was gonna tell you what we used to use back in the day… ya just had a baby for goodness sake…not lots of young people know about the alternatives…nor everyone is a creeper and wants to know about your boobs…but I’m sure there are some

4 Likes

You’re overthinking that

2 Likes

Are you serious! I’m sure he was complimenting, you :two_hearts:

1 Like

I think your over thinking it…its a legit question and concern for alot of people…so let it go and move on…

Get over urself. He didn’t care about ur boobs. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If that’s the worst thing ever said to you then consider yourself lucky.

5 Likes

I wish people would mind their business. You are not over reacting.

2 Likes

Do what you have always done ,worry about that old man or any other person,do what’s best for your baby

Oh wow - think he was very kind - you might have the baby blues and are definitely overacting!!!

1 Like

Huh… girl u got issues

Lol think you may be overreacting just a bit

1 Like

Ok it hit u hard??? Your totally friggen overreacting! Get a grip!

1 Like

I NEVER comment on these things. But yes, you are absolutely overreacting.

12 Likes

I think your just emotional and overthinking it he was likely just genuinely asking to see how your doing because the formula shortage has been on the news and everywhere else. Just try to let it go.

3 Likes

I had to reread a couple times to try and figure out why you’re upset or offended….overreacting imo

3 Likes

how is this funny to some people? sorry you had to go through that.

5 Likes

Pfft, these comments are terrible. We all over think things in some way shape or form. Sometimes, as petty as it may sound, some things just bother us. She just had a baby so her brain, her body are going through changes. This is her fourth (or fifth) child so everything is all messed up. Cut her some slack. This has happened to me too. You don’t realize that some people are jerks until after the fact. I mean that’s how it comes across to me. If I’m wrong then I’m wrong so be it.

1 Like

You are OK mama! Just take it as a compliment and even if it wasn’t try to let it go​:heart::heart::heart: You can only do the best you can

2 Likes

If it wasn’t his business, why’d you tell him anyway? Lol

3 Likes

I think it was more just an generational gap. I don’t think it was meant to be creepy. I noticed a lot of older people just say or ask things not usually thinking about how it sounds.

1 Like

I think people who don’t have infants are naturally curious how people who do have infants are reacting to this …
He was prob just curious and didn’t know the right response after you told him you bf :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

…. I’m sorry, I feel like you are reaching here!

4 Likes

The way you described it, the man seemed genuine with some type of concern for the baby knowing there’s a big shortage of formula currently. I was only able to produce enough breast milk for about 3 months with my 1st child and maybe 8weeks with my second born, it happens…there’s no shame in it. I wouldn’t take it so personally.

3 Likes

People are absolutely ridiculous. It doesn’t matter how a baby eats, as long as they can eat!

What “clicked” I’m confused.

1 Like

I think harmless question. And maybe truely curious if it is media hype or there really is an issue

2 Likes

If he was old that’s what is wife or daughter would have done for their babies, don’t think he meant any harm.

I’m sure he brought it up due to the formula shortage.

1 Like

Definitely overreacting lol…

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how he meant it

1 Like

I think people are genuinely concerned and not to take it personal. It’s so hard not to offend anyone anymore. I can see your way of thinking and I can see someone genuinely caring and asking how its going with the formula shortage and a lot of older people are proud to see someone breast feeding and doing things the natural way. Not a lot of moms do anymore.

2 Likes

You’ll live … it’s ok

What a waste of my 2 seconds reading this omfg !

7 Likes

You’re over thinking it.

3 Likes