Am I overreacting?

What are you even talking about ???

1 Like

People are weird. Should he have brought that up? Probably not. As you said… it’s not his business. But maybe he didn’t mean anything by it, or mean it to come off like a backhanded compliment. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Just ignore and move on. Especially since you will probably never see this man again.

1 Like

Sounds like you need attention and to complain about a FREAKING COMPLEMENT… UGH

3 Likes

maybe he asked cause he’s concerned for the babies that need the formula.

It’s really not that deep lol

6 Likes

O it is not…the older generation are wise…listen…formula in a metal can with additives i might add, is not good for your baby…he was just glad your baby was getting plenty of formula…dont think that way…I would have said the same thing…its not funny…and its not going through anything…does anyone read the Bible le? Famine is coming …we already see glimpses of this…whether anyone believes it or not the Bible will be fullfilled…but that man I do not believe meant you harm at all…be thankful peoe care…I am glad your child can get fed…have a nice day…

This is a joke right!?

Take it as a compliment he my just be a grandfather who has nothing to do but listen to the news. Lonely and misses his own. Look at the bright side. You are in deed doing what you can and that alone is a good thing. Take the compliment and smile.

1 Like

You can’t be serious …

3 Likes

You are being very dramatic

5 Likes

Your doing too much sis. Let it go.

4 Likes

Everyone responds differently to these comments. She’s allowed to feel creeped out & uncomfortable.

Take some deep breaths, it’s okay to feel your feelings about this situation. Next time someone approaches you in public that you don’t know simply tell them that you are in a rush & if they say cute baby say thank you. Just because someone approaches you does not mean you owe them your time.

All the love momma!!

Honestly i think the only reason it is weird is bc it was a old guy… if it was a woman i dont think the compliment would have been a big deal. I think its pretty innocent… just move fwd its probably unlikely unless u live in a small town that u will run into him anytime soon

1 Like

Jesus… He was prob just making an innocent convo… Wanted to know how you cope with the shortage… He’s prob struggling himself with things… Then he praised u… Its not like he asked to see your titties etc… He didn’t even know you breast fed did he until you made it obvious … You couldve replied making out your child had formula if your reacting that much to an innocent bloody question

1 Like

Get all the way over yourself!

1 Like

I think you’re reaching. He’s old and was showing sympathy for all the babies who are very much affected for the shortage, and was probably genuinely glad to see that your baby wasn’t.

3 Likes

I think you are over thinking this. I think he was probably genuine concerned. It’s all over the news, elderly people truly care.

2 Likes

I think he was just trying to be nice.

5 Likes

I think your overthinking the whole ordeal … old ppl are just curious I dont think he cares if you bf vs formula or anything else

3 Likes

You were tricked? Nah… you’re reaching! That’s a perfectly normal question. One that you didn’t have to answer but choose to.

6 Likes

Should of said she eats steaks

Yes, yes you are overreacting. Lmao

Yeah, you’re definitely overthinking. I mean it’s not like he asked to watch you breast feed.:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Relax yourself. Good lord

4 Likes

I think you’re over reacting

He was being sincere

Yes you’re overreacting. It really isn’t that deep.

1 Like

With my first and we bf 13 months. Even the wic office was pushing formula.
I think this older man was asking. Natural curiosity especially when everyone is pushing formula it probably was a sincere good job mama. Nothing more

3 Likes

This can’t be serious :joy::joy::joy:
Sounds like the man was genuinely asking because of the shortage, and then complimented you. Nothing is weird about that

9 Likes

Lol I’m sorry but you’re really REACHING here. He’s an old man who probably just wanted a little conversation, and with the formula shortage that’s more than likely why he even started talking to you. This is ridiculous :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I’m confused what the issue is. (maybe I’m just old now and see things differently) but it sounded like a general question because it’s a massive issue atm and all over the media. When he realised you were saying you breastfeed maybe he didn’t know what to say and just said a general well done for doing best by baby. It’s not like he was saying breast is best etc he just praised you on your parenting.

1 Like

Get over yourself. My god

2 Likes

This has to be a joke :see_no_evil:

Yes, you are over reacting!

2 Likes

Not that serious. He was being nice.

4 Likes

So it was a compliment from a man, feel good about it and go in about your business! I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You are absolutely over reacting , a nice man made small talk and gave you a compliment , if you see anything creepy about this it’s you who is the problem and not him

7 Likes

Oh Jesus get over yourself

6 Likes

He was just being polite and making conversation. Lol Why do so many people make so much over nothing?

3 Likes

Yes you are over reacting.

2 Likes

LMFAO chill the f out​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::person_facepalming::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

He was trying to be nice. I think your hormones are still out of wack.

9 Likes

Yes, overreacting. you’ll never see that man again, likely. Move on. There could have been worse things said to you.

2 Likes

Major over reaction :rofl:

5 Likes

Maybe its a compliment because so many women get massive backlash for breastfeeding as much as they do for formula feeding…
Its a no win situation honestly…

1 Like

Just wow do you get that easily offended over everything

6 Likes

So it was a compliment from a man, feel good about it and go in about your business! I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Elderly people sit and watch the news 24/7. This formula shortage is a big topic right now. Stop overreacting over an innocent conversation. My goodness🙄

3 Likes

over reacting its on the news everywhere about formula shortage

2 Likes

Definitely still hormonal cause girl it’s not that deep at all

5 Likes

I wouldn’t take it like that. He probably lives for the news Channel and his paper. Its a serious thing to be concerned about.

1 Like

I think your over complicating it…take the compliment

3 Likes

Girl really? You are overthinking , you act like he asked if he could watch you breast feed your baby🤣

20 Likes

Wow major over reaction :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Umm your nuts a nice old man simply asked how you were doing during the shortage whats your deal

5 Likes

Just take a compliment and stop being like everybody else and being offended by everything :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Lmao you’re way overreacting

3 Likes

Over reacting he was probably praising you bc there is a shortage and he knows that the baby won’t be affected by it.

6 Likes

Over reacting but you are still super hormonal right now.

1 Like

Over reacting. not every man over 60 is a creep.

5 Likes

Are you bored and just need something to worry about. Did the old man try to take the baby from you or try to touch your breasts. Get a life

5 Likes

You are overreacting. He was just being nice. Those post natal hormones can mess with ya.

1 Like

I think you may be living in your head just a smidge, darlin’. :grimacing:

1 Like

I think you may be over reacting.

2 Likes

Very much over reacting. He asked you a simple question. You chose to answer it that way.

2 Likes

He was probably thinking of the formula shortage, no meaning any harm.

4 Likes

You’re definitely overreacting and overthinking this big time. Can’t believe you’re upset over it honestly.

28 Likes

Yes you’re being overdramatic

6 Likes

Or he was trying to nice an helpful and once you said BF he praised you on doing something we all know it physically and mental hard

You overreacting but it’s ok lol

You’re being dramatic for sure.

2 Likes

You’re seriously over thinking. The man was probably just making conversation.

I would brush it off. You might still be feeling hormonal after your birthing process. Hormones stay in our system for a while after giving birth. I doubt he meant anything lecherous by it.

What? He praised you for bf … how is that creepy ?

1 Like

Think it’s still pregnancy hormones. take a breath and the compliment🥰

Just trying to be nice. Get over yourself

4 Likes

You’re reading into that man’s comment way too much! Time for a little nap I’d say!

2 Likes

You’re crazy overreacting. Just take the man’s compliment and move on! Geez

6 Likes

You’re being dramatic for sure.

2 Likes

Probably just making conversation.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty normal question considering the current formula shortage. I don’t know why anyone would have any motives to trick you into telling them whether or not you breastfeed. It was probably just small talk. Again, we are currently experiencing a formula shortage, so a lot of people, media, etc., are talking about it.

3 Likes

I think you’re overreacting a little bit. It’s not like he groped you and was completely nasty to you.

3 Likes

I think it’s the hormones

Girl, calm your tits (excuse the pun… or don’t). It’s shit and people like you who make life unbearable. If you’re gonna get offended this easily, stay in your bubble and allow the rest of us to live life.

Well, I may be overthinkinking this. But…

Not all women are able to breastfeed. My cousin was unable to lactate, so she had to use formula.

Not everything is so black and white.

1 Like

Honestly he was probably just making sure your precious cargo wasnt going hungry, I would not waste time or energy worrying about it, instead be thankful you arent searching for formula right now. My grandson has to have AR enfamil and even though ppl say you can make your own, we have tried and he still spits up bad, SO, you and your entire family could be on a treasure hunt like ours…“count your many blessings, name them one by one…” :heart::relaxed::heart:

3 Likes

Way overthinking lol
Go take a nap mama!

3 Likes

I think he was being genuine because the shortage is a concern. It’s not like he was trying to peep you breast feeding.

6 Likes

He was probably just trying to be nice and give you a compliment. Let it go.

7 Likes

My husband praises moms for breastfeeding and will also go out of his way to help a formula feeding mom find what she needs with the shortage. I bet he was being genuine.

5 Likes

What?? He was just asking a question. Some people

2 Likes

You just gave birth and your sensitive, give yourself a break, I’m sure the old guys comment was innocent

3 Likes

It’s unnecessary :unamused: anyway it’s hormones

1 Like

You are the QUEEN of overreacting!!! He was just trying to be nice, maybe ( because he is old ) he was just curious about the situation, the whole raising kids things had changed a lot , 60 years ago everything was more “ naturally “ there was not too many different options like today for feeding your babies :woman_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

Why are people so easily offended now days?

12 Likes

Over reacting and trying to spin some type of negative outlook on concern…

4 Likes

In my personal opinion. To me it sounded like he may have been genuinely concerned about your baby with the formula shortage. And when you told him she isn’t on formula he complimented you for being ABLE to do what you are doing. I see so harm at all.

11 Likes

You are way over thinking this. I’m sure he was just concerned if you were having a problem finding formula.

3 Likes

I don’t think he meant any harm. It is natural to BF. However, if he had said “Well can we go somewhere so I could watch you BF your child”, then I would think he was creepy. Ijs. Not harm meant.

2 Likes

Practice this question for when you are asked an uncomfortable question, “what possible business is it of yours…(how I feed my baby, how I pay my rent, if anybody lives with me, etc etc etc).” Look them straight in the eye as you do this. Repeat as needed.

1 Like