Am I overreacting?

Wow!!! Just left a family like that RUN… 17yrs and he never saw it

1 Like

Selfish people it’s not all about him and his family

2 Likes

Tell him Mother’s Day you and your children will be going to your family and on Father’s Day he can spend it with his family

2 Likes

Narcissists. You aren’t being unreasonable.
Leave they will not change

1 Like

I think it weird you expect HIS parents to do stuff for you for mother’s day… Of course they are going to go all out for father’s day for their son… He’s now a dad… and thats their son.
Does he show you the attention you need on mother’s day? That’s all that matters. And if he doesn’t… Bring that up to him.
Also, to add… definitely stick to the plans you already had for father’s day… If he doesn’t want to go . Whatever… but you still go

9 Likes

5 years engaged ? That’s your first clue! This family won’t change and you want to marry into it? Good luck !

6 Likes

I had that with both marriages at 60 devorced

Nope he’s a mamas boy and you won’t ever change it sadly.

3 Likes

Stop wasting your time not the guy/inlaws/extended family for you. You deserve better why are you settling? There’s a obvious lack of priority and respect that’s not going to change
Ask yourself how much more/longer are you willing to tolerate it

3 Likes

Not married and having children says it all.

2 Likes

So many red flags girl. They obviously don’t respect you, him especially. I’d seriously consider running!

1 Like

No, but some long conversations need to be held.

4 Likes

Take your kids to your family function and let him go to his.

5 Likes

No it’s time to let him go

2 Likes

Your not wrong. And anyone who tells you, that you are; is extremely ignorant. If they don’t acknowledge me, I would never acknowledge them. It’s that simple. I’ll go to no family events, no dinners, and minimize my interaction with them. Learn to treat people how they treat you. Stop giving them the upper hand in your life

3 Likes

You aren’t wrong at all Id feel the same way you did try compromise half the day with your family and half the day with his

2 Likes

Forget them the more you upset you get over it the better they like it Make your own plans live life for you and your children and if he wants to be included he can be but remember every time they pull him away they think they are racking up points pretty soon you will get the picture they don’t care and the way he acts says he doesn’t care. You are on your own you just have a piece of meat that is all

You aren’t wrong but you are wrong to marry him!!!

2 Likes

Whole nope. He is a mamas boy.

5 Likes

She’s definitely not wrong and that MIL has a corn cob up her ass and doesn’t seam to have a brain neither does her son

Yuck. Id not want to be part of that family. Get out while you still can.

5 Likes

Nope not wrong. It will always be that way. Time to let go.

4 Likes

Nope he needs to tell them ahead of time his plan. Put ur family first

ABSOLUTLEY NOT… cut him loose now before you lose yourself THEY HAVE AND NEVER WILL RESPECT YOU TRUST ME…I’VE WASTED 37 YEARS :disappointed_relieved:RUN RUN…

3 Likes

You had plans. He decided last minute to go to his mothers…nope you are not wrong.

3 Likes

Definitely do not marry into that family