Am i selfish for not wanting to pawn or sell my switch?

I would pawn him off on another woman before I would pawn my stuff to pay his bills. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

He can sell plasma. It’s his payment! Not yours! It’d be different if you where married, but you’re not. So fuck it. Why do you have to sell your items for him. What does he have that he can sell.

More importantly, why does he have a vehicle payment, if he’s getting so little money?

Tell him to man up, or leave.

1 Like

This. Is. Called. A. Red. Flag…

2 Likes

Let him pay his own bills

2 Likes

He needs to grow up , literally everyone is hiring right now he needs to stick somewhere and pay his own bills and provide stability.

5 Likes

he is a grown up , so he should look after his own affairs

How old is he? He has alot if growing up to do. I wouldn’t be with someone who can’t even hold a job let alone help take care of family

Not selfish. Sounds like he’s the selfish one

Don’t let him pawn your stuff they will give you a small amount for it and he probably won’t be able to get it back so you’ll end up loosing it

I think you need to find a new man lol Seriously, dude can’t even hold down a job. I’d get rid of him.

3 Likes

I’m just curious when do you have time to play switch with a 7 month old and all the house work SAHM’s have??? I hardly had time for a descent shower…

8 Likes

Why don’t you go out and find a man and not a boy.

13 Likes

You paid for the car cuz YOU need it? If you are the one always using it, then yes you should be paying for it no matter whose name it’s under.

2 Likes

Not selfish, he’s using you

5 Likes

If you pay it have him add your name

3 Likes

He can donate plasma for so much a week

8 Likes

Have him look into it

1 Like

Girl, give me your secrets lol
I have a 9, 8 and 6 year old. They’re all in school and yet I still don’t have time for a proper shower….

3 Likes

You will be better of on your own. By the sounds of him he is irresponsible. Let them take his car. Stop babing him. Your child comes first not him. For the love of God find a real man that’s going to take care of you and your children because, the boy your with,well he ant no man still a child. He is a self Entiled shit face. Get rid of him.

3 Likes

H*ll no…tell him to sell his own stuff.

3 Likes

This is your bf not your husband
You don’t need to sell SHIT for him

Seriously find a new man and for God’s sake stop having kids with him

8 Likes

Girl please.
Tell that boy bye, and fast!! You look out for you and that sweet baby!

5 Likes

Don’t give up your things! MEN SUCK NOWADAYS I swear :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: let him cry about it but stand your ground! Tell him to go sell his ass and see how he likes that

Find a new man i dated one of those. My new man well not new been together for over a year but he never asks for money if he does its cause he needs something. Tell him sell his own stuff

3 Likes

He should be selling his own shit he chose his car payment

1 Like

how old are you guys ?
switches ? pawning items to pay car stuff ? $103 pays ?? i’m so confused.
i think you both need to reevaluate your time and incomes, jobs , and life of this is where you’re both mentally at.
especially with a child in tow.

17 Likes

Get rid of the guy instead of the switch :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

You need a new man hunni … not a leach …

2 Likes

Maaaannnnn something I personally am learning… and fast. Is worry about yourself. It’s hard and definitely makes you feel bad bc you want them to know they can rely on you but it’s different when they’re taking advantage. Even if he gets mad hopefully it will help him grow up . I’m 6 months pregnant with my second baby and have a 2 year old both to the same man and just recently decided to worry about myself and my baby and let me tell you from expierence it’s so much easier! And less stressful.

If he has nothing to sell maybe he could write out an iou and get it out asap when he gets paid. If it will keep his job and feed the family. It’s what parents do. They sacrifice what they can to take care of the family. You can get it back as soon as he gets paid. Maybe you and he have jewelry or maybe pawn the tv. What’s more important to you … playing or food and roof over your head. This is where you officially become an adult. Choose wisely. God bless.

8 Likes

Get out while you can

Stop picking up his slack honestly you both sound young and irresponsible

2 Likes

My husbands checks fluctuate every week. Even being a transmission tech and working at a dealership, we have gotten bad weeks of $150 after taxes and CS. But as much as $900 in a week. My biggest thing is this… if you pay this one payment, where will the next one come from? If he has gotten this far behind, will he do it again right after? Being responsible and paying bills is a must, as is paying for a child. But why is he asking you to specifically sell your things? It could be a mutual agreement to each part with something, but it shouldn’t fall on one person. A relationship works equally, and it doesn’t sound like this one is working atm. Maybe compromise?

2 Likes

…so what happens next car payment when there’s nothing else to sell and he doesn’t have the money again ? … Your man needs to find a better job, or find a car he can actually afford. Until than… I wouldn’t be selling my shit for no man’s payments… for the kids, of course. A fully capable man… no… especially when you know he wouldn’t, and couldn’t do the same in return. He better go ask mommy to pay for his car or prepare to have it repo’d lol :woman_shrugging: buses still exist… too much pride to take a bus, but not sell to sell your stuff for your car payment ? …

Nah love🥱 don’t be doing wifey shit on a girlfriend wage lol. That’s his responsibility

I sacrificed my switch and my fiance sold one of his welders when he was out of work hurt and had no short term disability. You do what you have to for the kids and your family you have created. Things are just that…things…they can be bought and sold and bought again. A roof over your head or a vehicle to get you where you and the family needs to go is more important than monetary possessions. Does it suck? Yes! But you do what is necessary

I wouldn’t sell your stuff and I wouldn’t continue to date him.

4 Likes

No keep it! Don’t give up everything!

1 Like

Don’t do it. That’s yours.

1 Like

Girl get rid of the guy & quit having kids. Job hopping will never stop. Before you know it he’ll be your baby sitter & put you on the street to work. Isn’t birth control free any more.

10 Likes

Stop enabling him. Where is his paychecks going?

Tell him to go sell his ass on the corner :rofl:. Jokes aside, if u r a couple with kids and u r also using his car to get around, then even though It is in his name, why not help him? A switch is nothing, cmon! U can get one again. On another note, once the switch is gone, what does he expect u to do? He needs to get on his feet, and hustle!

Wow! Just W O W!
Mind completely blown!

Did you proof read this before sending???

Id try to sell him before I sold my stuff :joy::joy:

Leave that boy. That is ridiculous!

9 Likes

Sell his shit! Period. Or get a consistent job. He can FO with selling your stuff. Otherwise bye idiot.

Can you just move out please. He is not responsible and will never be. He doesn’t have things to sell? And he is a boyfriend not even husband…

1 Like

I think y’all are both childish asf.

8 Likes

Both of y’all sound immature.

He needs to get it together with his employment to help support the baby. It appears you are giving more than he is and it’s by HIS choice. I’d have more respect for him if he did all he could to help.

I worked two jobs, went to school, and had a newborn when I sold some of my expensive favorite jewelry and etc.

I supported my child’s father in anyway I could. He did all he could with the situation. We both did. Things were pretty bad. Totally sucked, but it’s the sacrifices we make for having children. Thankfully I am not in that position anymore, but I’d do it again. I know I made the right decision at the time as much as it sucked.

I’d sell anything as long as they were okay.

Maybe that’ll get you thinking

10 Likes

Y’all are all telling her to leave him…for what? Getting behind on bills? Lord.

She keeps calling it “his car” but she paid that money because SHE needed the car. So I’m assuming she doesn’t have one. Therefore she uses HIS car(as she keeps calling it)

No ma’am. Absolutely not, you should help with the car if you’re gonna use it too.

I’m not gonna say you should sell your stuff, that’s your stuff. But you need to weigh out importance here.

You said the “last” check from your job. Then I’m also assuming he’s the only one working, he probably needs a car to get to work, so therefore if you want to keep income coming into your house, you might wanna sell something and help out with a car payment. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

He’s mooching off you girl stop paying his damn bills cs he can’t keep a job

Sounds more like you have a teenage boy more than a boyfriend.
I’d ditch his irresponsible ass and do for you and your baby’s.

Dump his ass he is a loser and is using you. Don’t be stupid to give up everything.

Hell no dump that guy he is using you and needs to grow up

You are gonna have your hands full with two babies unless you ditch the big one first.

2 Likes

You two have a baby to raise but are fighting over game consoles? Yikes

4 Likes

Don’t sell your stuff

1 Like

Umm you already put the car before the baby. No he absolutely needs to find another way. My husband won’t even let me pawn my stuff unless he has pawned every last thing of value of his, AND it benefits us both. I mean I do try to do my part obviously. He just tries his hardest is the point.

Now that said I’m sure you use the car in some ways too ya? So in a way you should help him pay it so the baby has transportation. However y’all aren’t even engaged so he does need to try to make it work before coming to you to pay it AGAIN.

Sell your switch… for you and your bills… not to pay for his car. It’s the least of your worries.

1 Like

I think you need a new bf

3 Likes

I think y’all need to go out and get better jobs and some side hustles.

4 Likes

Why are you having a baby when you can’t afford a car??

7 Likes

Why do you women choose to be with such men and even make babies with them?. Being single is ok, you know! Everyday there is a post about loser partners it’s now annoying to read

3 Likes

I don’t think a game console
Is the question… Get your priorities in check for your kiddos🙁

10 Likes

Pawn the BF. Once you start selling your belongings for his ride, he’s gonna have a free ride and you’ll have nothing to show for it. You aren’t married, so whenever he wants to leave, the car is his even if you paid all the bills.

11 Likes

Omg I can’t. My momma taught me if I didn’t have anything nice to say not to say anything at all!

6 Likes

You really don’t want to know what I think!!!

1 Like

By the sounds of it you have a 7 month old and about to have another baby to a man that will never put his family first. You also sound very young if xbox’s and Nintendo switch are part of your arguments or are even considered more important than a car. Please consider your priorities, your children :cry:

10 Likes

Sell it. The car benefits you both.

Wow how old are you SMH??? I think you need to get your priorities straight and ditch the bf…

4 Likes

He sounds like a piece of crap honestly.

2 Likes

Sell his own shit. After all. It’s His Name on the car

You need a man. You have a grown sized boy. Too many jobs are open right now for him not to be working. What purpose does he serve?

4 Likes

Kelsey Simpson I don’t think anyone plans on having another baby when they’re current child is only 7months old

1 Like

You have a 7 month old, you’re pregnant, and your bf makes only about $100 a week? Oh good Lord and you’re worried about a video console.?
Pawn the boyfriend.

19 Likes

Sounds like you’re dealing with a boy

4 Likes

I think you might be too young to be pregnant.

4 Likes

Tell your bf to wake the fuck up and pay for his own shit and hold down a stable job so he can afford his car

1 Like

I bet you’d get more money if you both sold ur games :joy::woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Neither of you have a job, baby and another on the way and worried about video games :face_with_monocle: sounds like you both need to grow up and find a job to support the babies you are making.

9 Likes

Bruh u need a car for ur baby ur baby comes first sell it dumb game and take care of ur baby

6 Likes

My 16 year old makes more than $100/week…

1 Like

He’s a piece of :poop: wanting to sell your switch I would be telling him to get his priorities straight!!

2 Likes

So he has 3 people to take care of and he only makes $100 owh wow

1 Like

Tell him pay his own bills and he needs to grow up. Idk how someone could only make $100 in a week. My teenage child makes more than that. Jobs are everywhere rn. You shouldn’t be the only one that is willing to take care of your family. Your children and being able to take care of them should be his #1 priority.

3 Likes

I think you need a new BF.

1 Like

You use his car as well
So it’s obvious you both need the car for transportation
Sell all the games because that’s more important

You are both selfish you don’t need a game system you’re a parent you need a car and a job and so does he you both need to grow up and handle business like adults good parents do what they gotta do to make sure shit is handled and taken care of point blank period no questions asked if I had to sale something of mine to pay a bill I would do that regardless. His or hers is out when you are in a relationship and you have kids that is OUR bill OUR car OUR responsibility. People now a days don’t know how to be a partner to someone smh

Honey, you’re dating a scrub. Get rid of him and get you a man! Best Wishes!! :blush:

7 Likes

He needs more jobs. $100 a week is not near enough to raise a family.

2 Likes

I was under the impression this was advise for adults. I was wrong.

10 Likes

Hell no! Don’t sell your stuff. Send his ASS packing! Hit the door Jack!

He needs to man up and pay for his own shit plus take care of the baby. He should go get another job. Do not make his payments!!! Your not selfish for refusing sell your stuff to pay for his bills. Been there done that. Learned a lesson. My baby daddy isn’t worth a darn. Get your own damn care if you need one.

Girl…Never Pawn shit when a guy is involved… Save that shit for when you on your own.

You have a 7m old and another bub on the way , sell what you need too, to provide for your kids. If I didn’t have repayment money to keep my car from being repo’d Id sell what I needed too, to make sure I have transport for my kids and myself.

Xbox and switches and video games are a privilege, bills and repayments are a priority.

10 Likes

Nope… get him gone girl…

1 Like

Honestly, the most important factor in all of that is: you have a child together! It’s time to step up, and provide. In today’s world, it is SO HARD to be a one income family. It sounds like he needs to reevaluate his employment situation, and maybe you do too. Find out how you guys can meet in the middle. Times are tough. Sacrifices have to be made sometimes, and it sucks. But that sweet baby deserves it. You both have to take care of each other!

12 Likes

He doesn’t seem stable at all. Also neither do you.
How are you guys going to pay to feed these children?
Pay for clothing? Medication? Power bill? Water? Etc?
Sounds like both of you need to get jobs, maybe even 2. And before you say it’s too hard while pregnant….during a global pandemic I worked my full time 40 hour a week job plus another 12-24 hours at my part time job (mine was to save money so I could have a longer maternity leave and pay a bit more down on bills) but still not too awful. Even now with OT at my job last week I worked 67 hours.
Time to be adults, especially since you are already parents to one child, getting ready to be 2

17 Likes

No, you’re not being selfish. The car is in HIS name, so it is HIS responsibility to pay for it. Sounds like he needs a second job.