Am I the problem?

He wants you with him at social functions, this is a good thing. Who knows, you might even like some of the people there.

3 Likes

I bet your a whole bunch of fun to be around…

4 Likes

Me and my boyfriend are the opposite! I don’t think it’s a deal breaker because he does try to go out and socialize every once in awhile, I don’t ask very often, so I appreciate his effort when I do ask. I think it would be a deal breaker for me also! My first husband was this way, a home body, and after 9 years I couldn’t be with him any longer! I was BORED. We weren’t the same and it just wasn’t going to work.

Also remember relationships are about meeting each other halfways! So just like there’s things I’m sure he sacrifices to make you happy, you too will need to make sacrifices to keep him happy.

5 Likes

I feel like it shouldn’t be that big of a deal… I think it’s actually good that he wants you to be close with them too. I’d be upset if I asked that and my husband just said no for no reason. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Meanwhile my man doesn’t want to go ANYWHERE :woozy_face: We MIGHT go to the fair this weekend lol

2 Likes

You don’t have to be “friends” but you can be friendly. He deserves to be with his friends and the fact he wants to include you is a good thing. How would you feel if he went without you? Do you feel he shouldn’t have friends because you don’t want them? You should try to compromise. I’m the same way and my husband is a social butterfly. I’m a home body and a loner but I still do things he wants to do because I love him and love that he wants to include me and wants me to be a part of his time. Normally I’m even happy I went because his friends are nice and funny and the SO are nice too.

15 Likes

Social anxiety is tough.

2 Likes

Sound like he’s an extrovert and your an introvert and the real problem is he’s trying to change you and you are trying to change him. Why don’t y’all compromise? Weekdays at home and weekends out? Or whatever works best for the both of you.

4 Likes

Leave him…you are the prize in this situation…he should be fitting in around you and your life,…friends family …not other way round

5 Likes

I am quite shy and my husband is the opposite. When we were dating I would not want to go out with him but when I did it really wasn’t so bad. His friends and their partners were nice and it got easier. You need to give and take because if you refuse to compromise then maybe it would be better if you were on your own.

You sound like you are the deal breaker!
I bet everyone jumps with excitement when you walk in the room :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Hard for me to say. I’ve been missing my friends for over 2 yrs and lost my husband 12 weeks ago. I would love to meet new people, I’m lonely.:pleading_face:

4 Likes

Wow most women would kill for their man to do this…

9 Likes

I don’t think this particular situation is a dealbreaker. My husband is super friendly and I am not :woman_shrugging:t2: I don’t think this is the real issue here.

1 Like

You can be cordial on occasion like a bbq or dinner once a month. You can still be private and support your man’s social life.

5 Likes

My SO is like you and tbh, I hate it. He doesn’t want to be social and I do. I hate going alone or being the only one there alone, yet I dont want to drag him along and make him miserable and uncomfortable. Its something I wish I knew about before we got together because it does create issues.

4 Likes

Any issues in your relationship should be talked about with your SO otherwise it can lead to you questioning your relationship like you are doing on this post
Please talk to him

1 Like

He deserves for you to let him go, not bc your a “prize and he is the issue” that comment is creepy and a huge red flag TBH, but bc he deserves someone who is interested in spending time with him as much as he wants to them, he deserves someone who isn’t going to try to get mad bc he is wanting to include the person he loves in what he does. Your not the same person, that’s ok, but to hold on is dragging out what is going to hurt more later. Most men would have given you and spend their time with a mutual female they have already there that vibes with who he vibes with, and he is strong to keep asking you knowing he is going to be shut down anyway. There’s nothing wrong with being polar opposite of who you are with but when it’s something that affects the time you spend with each other that he enjoys that something that affects him wanting to show off the person he loves it’s something that affects him feeling guilty for being around his friends and wanting to include the person he loves it’s time to walk away, you need to find somebody who is not interested and who does not value spending time with their friends and somebody that would rather hover over top of you at all times in the end of it that’s actually what you need anyways and that’s not what he’s going to be able to provide

2 Likes

Im like u I have social anxiety/phobia. I do not go out I stay home 99% of the time. Me and my kids don’t leave our home unless we absolutely have too

There’s a word for this

I’m an introvert and I hate going to parties as well. I do it though because relationships are give and take. I’m sure there’s things that he does for you that he doesn’t really want to do too

3 Likes

If people dont like me for I Am ! I’m NOT A Fake person . N If they don’t like me for who I am ’ Well It’s there problem Not Mine . N I WILL Not put on A Fake smile for Any one !! Other people Do Not live My Life !! I Do .

1 Like

Sounds like he just wants his friends/family to get to know you… I understand you’re a private person (I have a daughter like that) and that’s totally acceptable, but if you can’t find it in yourself to be willing and able to get to know his people or at least give it a chance occasionally, and you two can’t both seem to find a way to appreciate/respect/enjoy each other and associate with each others families/friend groups/etc. and/or have any interests or hobbies in common then neither one of you should be wasting your time with each other… it takes 2 people to respect and appreciate each other, both be willing to give a little give and take, and compromise on both sides sometimes, to make a relationship work… good luck

3 Likes

If you’re not comfortable he should respect that. My SO wants me to get along with one of his friends wives too. The issue is, me and this woman just don’t get along. We use to work together and I’ve had to confront her about talking behind my back. I have no interest in being fake, pretending I want to be friends with someone. That being said, perhaps y’all can compromise and set a weekend or two out the month where y’all go out. You never know, you might end up having fun.

1 Like

Personally… my husband and I are this way. I’m the outgoing one and he could stay home 24/7. He’s okay with me doing whatever. Me and the kids go out camping and with friends all of the time without him. Yeah it would be nice to have him there of course but I won’t let it ruin my time or my kids if he doesn’t come. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

You are an introvert and he is an extrovert.

I guess you’d prefer that he NEVER tells you where he’s going n who he is gonna be with. He’s being considerate towards you in including you in get together with his friends. He’ll get fed up of yr attitude one day and stop including you. I’m sure then you’ll feel better​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Just leave, your looking for literally any excuses it seems.

2 Likes

No one is wrong. You’re literally opposites.

There’s nothing wrong with either one of you , just sometimes in life you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I personally don’t believe your two go well together and it’s perfectly ok to break up with him for that reason.

I totally understand, my husband signed me up for a book club with all his friends Ladies! Awkward!! I don’t fit into their circle and it shows! :cry:

Deal breaker! If you are not happy now you won’t be happy later. You don’t need to change. Maybe someone with the same way you like to live. I’m a hibernator so I understand about new friends or places. You have only one life to live. How do you want to live it?

My husband and I are the same way. He likes to go out and socialize and I don’t really like people :sweat_smile: we really just try to meet in the middle. Sometimes we go and I sacrifice, sometimes we don’t and he does.