Am I wrong for hoping a 2nd grader gets expelled?

My 7 year old just entered second grade. A boy in her class who has already hit a teacher, disrupts and yells during class, decided to reveal his genitals and my daughter unfortunately saw it. I feel bad for this boy but I believe he needs to be in a school or program that will be able to give him better attention and investigate WHY he is doing this....am I wrong for really hoping this second grader gets removed from the school? So sad and infuriating. The principle will be contacting us tomorrow about what actions are being done.
184 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I wrong for hoping a 2nd grader gets expelled?

1 Like

He could be autistic. I don’t think removing him from school is the answer if there’s more to his behavior.

15 Likes

Sad you’d rid a child rather than helping figure out why he’s acting in such a manner. It would be a good teaching moment for your daughter in alot of ways imo

20 Likes

Omg! He’s more than likely not getting enough attention at home or only gets inappropriate attention at home. I’m sorry your child was exposed to that. Someone should contact the guidance counselor to have them figure out the next steps in helping both of your kids (in diff ways).

3 Likes

Maybe he needs help. You wouldn’t want your child expelled on the spot. Just think of how his parents must feel. Maybe you should say, you hope he gets the help he needs…

12 Likes

No inclusion .Hes clearly disturbed with no social skills or socialization or parents guiding him .

I think, although what he has done is highly inappropriate, that expelling him is not the answer.

7 Likes

There are underlying issues. The child is 7. He needs help.

13 Likes

I am wondering why the Occupational therapist has not already been brought in for this behavior set. Most kids don’t just whip it out unless there has been some inappropriate behavior done in front of or to him in home.
Expulsion doesn’t solve the problem, just puts it under child services radar.

2 Likes

He won’t be expelled.
It’s not wrong to feel this way, you just don’t want this child around your child.
Try to talk to your child with how to deal with this classmate.

No that sounds annoying as hell.

He needs to get his ass whoop

I don’t think it’s wrong you feel this way. He probably comes from a bad home where he wasn’t disciplined but that doesn’t mean others should have to but up with bad behavior.

3 Likes

He needs help. He should be tested & his family life needs to be investigated. Idk what programs are available in your area that can deal with these issues. I think as a country were lacking on that. Expelling him isn’t going to help. It’ll make it worse since then he will have no 3rd party observing him or monitoring for abuse. Hopefully the teacher is documenting & making the correct referrals. It’s difficult if you don’t have parental support. I feel bad for kids like this. They won’t get better unless adults stand up & help him change.

1 Like

This happened to me when I was in first grade…I can still picture that whole scenario unfortunately

I work specifically with children similar. It could be an emotional deficit disorder. Some children do not know how to control their behavior, anger specifically, and act out. It is a hard job… I have desks and chairs thrown, pencils and other supplies thrown… the break down at the end of an episode is terrible. We need more programs to help these children. Hugs to you and your daughter as well

11 Likes

I commented on the other post in the other group.

Kid OBVIOUSLY has issues. And you’d like/be ok with him being punished?
Kids need correcting and guidance not punishment.

5 Likes

While I understand that as a parent we want to put our children first, realistically speaking the rest of the world isn’t obligated to put one child first.

As mentioned above there could be many many reasons for this child’s behavior way beyond the scope of just being a bad kid.
Autism and/or Medication issues just to name a couple.

That doesn’t mean the behavior doesn’t need to be addressed because it does.
But expelling a child because they have a disability isn’t really helping anyone.
It’s likely this child isn’t getting the supports he needs from the school and that alone can exacerbate any existing issues.

7 Likes

You aren’t wrong. I know of a second grader who is being ordered by their mother to assault the children of people she doesn’t like. The child is a nuisance on the bus and in the classroom. The mother will absolutely not attempt to stop it and rewards the child for the horrible behavior. The child is not required to obey any rules and basically runs the home.

At home the child is encouraged to disrespect adults, cusses, bullies other children, and will physically assault them if they don’t get their own way. Mother constantly blames the victims and never holds her child accountable, although she knows she’s the one encouraging it behind closed doors. She thinks it’s funny. She doesn’t pay for damages the child causes to others property.

The child is also quite large and uses their weight as an extra advantage to push others around. It’s so sad this parent behaves this way, but because she does, it’s much safer for everyone involved if the child were to be removed from the school.

3 Likes

Same thing happens at my son’s school. Unfortunately it’s getting more common and it’s sad. All they did at our school is had the troubled child out of school for a few days and let him come right back to the same class after punching the teacher and throwing things at others.:disappointed:

1 Like

I understand what you’re feeling and wanting a better educational environment for your daughter and yes as a mother you should be in protect mode and there are schools that have programs for children that act out and the county can also monitor the home life, I pray he gets the help he needs and that your daughter has a safer learning environment soon

1 Like

I have a 6yo daughter and I definitely understand why ur heated. It’d be hard for one of us to not go up to the school and raise hell if a boy exposed himself to her. Completely uncalled for. Idc yes they will see it one day but its nobody else’s place to show her and the parents at fault for that one. Thats something they know better than to do at this age.

2 Likes

No. That is disturbing.

Maybe encourage the school too get him an aid in the class just for him and even though his behavior is wrong please talk with your daughter about how people are different and too encourage positive behavior to him.
One of my granddaughters is 7 and she has a student in her class that has some problems and she tells them try too not do those kind of things so you don’t get in trouble.

I hope you stand firm that this kid CANNOT be around your DAUGHTER! That little boy needs help that’s evident, but in the mean time while said child’s parents or guardian is seeking help for him he should NOT be in class, exposing himself like that is beyond NOT OK, if he is still allowed there right after this incident you need to contact the superintendent of that school.

7 Likes

If he is constantly disrupting the class and taking off his clothes he needs to be evaluated,tested and a smaller classroom with more staff,he cant be doing this all school year,its not fair to the kids who behave and they are witnessing bad behavior, i hope he receives the help he surely needs

3 Likes

Have your child switched to another class .

Why are YOU getting a call from the principal? Did you call demanding that he be expelled? What it sounds like to be…

1 Like

Can your daughter move to another class ? I certain would not want my child to be in the same class as him .

Sounds like my 4 yr old son with severe autism and global developmental delay that you’re describing. These kid’s need extra help, not expelled. And it sure as hell isn’t always parent related. You probably have no idea how hard they’re trying to break these behaviors behind closed doors. Let’s hope you never have a special needs child. Also I have a neurotypical daughter as well, so I see your point. My goal is to teach her to be understanding of her brother and other. Sending him away from other kids at the school with his peers is not the answer

42 Likes

Exposing his genitals should have been enough. My little boy was in kindergarten and just said he was going to break his teachers arm and he was suspended for 3 days. He was a small boy and the teacher probably weighed 250 lbs. He never acted on it just a threat.

Your kid comes first. When I was in 3rd grade a boy pulled my pants out by looping his finger around a bow on the front. It made me very uncomfortable. Luckily the principal was walking into the room just in time to witness it and he dragged that boy by his shirt into the office.

I’d move my kid. That seems like a huge warning sign and you need to protect her from behavior before it escapes even further

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your experience. If you are in public school, you will, in some unfortunate cases, have to deal with the public and all that entails. I’m sure the child is dealing with a lot and has some troubles. Maybe try private or homeschooling to lessen your exposure to these things. Unfortunately, children with disabilities and emotional disturbances don’t often have those same choices. They cannot be segregated but you have the option to segregate yourself.

10 Likes

I’m not going to say that you’re wrong for hoping that. You are entitled to how you feel and your feelings are justified.

I however would keep in mind, these types of behaviors are not just typical behaviors. There could be mental illness,Autism, behavioral disorders,abuse even that could be causing them. I understand wanting to protect your child, just try and remember to have some sympathy/empathy for the parents of this boy. He may be awaiting testing and evaluation, he could be in this type of setting for the first time and not adjusting well. Just remember as upset as you are, there is another parent on the other side of this as well.

6 Likes

READ MY POST
lol theres a million replies i think mine will help.

he should be in a separate classroom with people that have extra time to work with his needs not expelled. i hate to say it this way but is special ed still a thing??! because it certainly needs to be and it needs to be more socially acceptable. I myself went to “special” classrooms to so certain subjects like math and science in 3rd-6th grade because my parents were going through a nasty divorce and terrible custody battle and i was acting out not giving a shit about anything but my anger, of course subconsciously. i truly dont believe its a 7 year olds fault for acting this way, so they shouldnt be punished but its also not your daughters fault that this kid is having issues and cant control himself. i would blame the school and fight for them to accommodate kids like this.

My son now (5 years old), is a sweetheart. hes a little whimp and will not stand up for himself hes being bullied by a kid on the bus and last week he got off the bus with a bloody nose and i LOOOSSSSSST it. luckily, my fiance took long enough to get home from work for me to calm down and think about- okay what is this kid going through that hes biting and choking my son at five years old???!- before i went to his moms house. at first i wanted to go and give her a bloody nose but once i calmed down and thought about it i went over there and we had a productive conversation and i truly believe the issues will be resolved. its hard to think strait when your babies are being hurt or negatively effected by others but if you calm down and think about it theres usually a better long term solution than your first reaction.

2 Likes

I know a kid like this from my daughter’s 1st grade class. Nothing mentally wrong eith the kid but no discipline from the parents. Larents need to lesrn to whoop some booty so their kkds font go to school and run wild. I was so glad my daughter was put in a different class than this other girl,tbat would scream…throw things,hit,etc. Best ootion would be for you to demand he is sent to a different class…

Yes you are wrong. He is a child and needs guidance that he obviously does not have. He has not been taught and needs someone to teach him manners.

8 Likes

Does he have autism? Being a 2nd grade teacher and experiencing this same behavior from a past student, I am assuming he does. Our school would have expelled him for showing genitals though. I would just have a talk with your daughter and explain that some children think and behave differently simply because they can’t help it. It’s impulse and something they have to work through as they mature. I have a daughter too, so I also understand your enragement as to what she experienced.

1 Like

You can let the school know what your daughter claims happened. However, it’s really none of your business what is being done with the little boy. That boy has the right to privacy and he shouldn’t be expelled from school just to satisfy your ignorant attitude. I can’t believe an ADULT would even ask such an immature question! Your daughter may not like the boy and she could be making up stuff. I have seen a few kids do that as well… exaggerate situations to get their own way. So yes, I think you’re absolutely out of line and in reality, keep your daughter home or mind your own business. Welcome to the REAL world.

13 Likes

That situation is bad but yes I think you are awful for thinking he needs to be expelled.
If something is wrong or difficult for YOUR kids, do you expect them to just quit bc it’s hard?
Theres definitely something going on with him that needs therapy an investigation and I hope he gets the attention he’s asking for.
By now your 7yo should know boys have a different anatomy than girls anyway, use the this to teach and talk to her.
If your unsure how to do that, maybe get you and your kid to counseling to help discuss the incident.
It’s really off to me that your so unempathetic about what could be going on with the boy. He could be dam* victim right now, those could be his cries for help, and your acting like an entitled twa*.

4 Likes

No it’s not wrong of you

If he’s showing himself in such a way there’s a possibility of something happening at home. It needs to be investigated by the school and possibly cos. Doesn’t mean he should be expelled. He may need therapy.

3 Likes

See this was my kid. Minus the genitals thing. Thankfully, we never had an issue with clothes on in public, only at home lol
And it reared its ugly head in grade 2. By November of the school yr I was getting calls multiple times a day most days. Throwing furniture. Swinging at kids. Head locks on other kids. Etc
But we couldn’t move him until we had a diagnoses, so he could be funded for the behavioural learning class…so we waited for those assessments. It’s not instant. Sadly, in the meantime, all people involved struggle. Teacher, child and class mates.
Expelling a struggling kid isn’t the answer.
But sometimes it takes a bit to get the answer. Took 3mths to FINALLY get my kid tested…diagnosed…and now he’s in the behavioural class, medicated properly and doing fantastic. They’re talking about trying to integrate him back to the neurotypical classes…to see how he does with the supports still there from the behavioural class, should he struggle some.
I’m sure there are parents out there that just hear my kids name and want him GONE…by moments in time that he didn’t really mean. Cuz if you knew how he was most of the time, you’d see he’s NOT like that…until his mental health issues kick off and ya.
But to calm that, they need help to manage the chaos they’re trying to survive in their heads.
My son a yr ago, to now…totally different kid. I now get calls of how wonderful he was that day.
But had he just been expelled while I was fighting to get him assessed…god knows where he’d be. Not where we are tho.
Son has classmates that are worse. Some of which have shown genitals.
I just explain to kiddo that, as he knows, sometimes we act out in ways we don’t mean, so we have to be understanding while standing up for our own rights. He knows to tell the kid he doesn’t like that, disengage, and to go tell adults. Then once dealt with, we drop it. Cuz we don’t judge on past mistakes, only on the effort being done today.
But ya…expelling a struggling child isn’t the answer.
He needs to be assessed and supported.

Also for the record…struggling kids don’t always come from bad parents. Sometimes there are good parents trying everything we can, but the system is so backed up we wait. As it is, been waiting 12mths thus far for a phyciatrist referral for my son…we have about another 12mths to go til we’re in I’m told…
So we ARE trying…its just we can only move as fast as the system lets us.

2 Likes

I’d make sure my kid were in a different class ASAP! A little boy in my daughter’s preschool class hit her twice. My husband let them know that if it happened again we’d remove her from preschool program. Welp, it happened again. We were informed of the incident and he was out of there. In addition to hitting on my daughter he was saying and doing lots of inappropriate things.

I’d hope for guidance for the kid. Not setbacks. Seems like bad karma to me wishing such a setback on a child.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope that there is an investigation as to why this child is acting this way. This is not normal. If there’s a slight possibility that it’s something happening at home, I hope he can remain at school where he’s at least safe for 8 hours a day.

He might have a disability or terrible home life. Maybe that schools his only getaway. He needs help not expulsion.

10 Likes

My son was being bullied excessively and I contacted the education department. The bully was suspended for a few days and its now stopped (it hasnt been long so we’ll see how things go)
The school was brilliant but there’s only so much they can do when the child is so young. I have no regrets but Ibalso never asled for a certain punishment…
If it happens again, my son knows to defend himself and he will not get in trouble at home amd if the school wants to punish him they can take that up with me.

So no, I dont think you’re wrong for how you’re feeling. But I also wouldn’t be asking for the kids removal. He needs extra supports in place though. And contacting the education department may be needed to see that happen

I get he may have something going on at home or medical issues…but y’all telling her she is horrible for wanting a kid to be expelled for doing this is beyond me. he is showing off his private areas to kids in school.I get he needs help but he really needs to be removed from school this is wrong,and her child should not have to go through that just to be able to go to school omg :scream: she well said she hopes for a school program and said he’s already hit the teacher and so on but what if it was y’all child who went through this. Come on now

12 Likes

Youre entitled to your feelings… Maybe instead of moving him to a “school or program that will give him better attention and investigate why he is doing it” the school he is in now should be taking better action. If they expel him they’re just tossing the problem to someone else, what if the next school does the same? And the next? What if this child has serious problems at home? What if he has a disability? The educators should not put on blinders and turn their cheek.

3 Likes

I’m curious if he’s being sexually assaulted… I think he needs help and an iep meeting. I get why you think that but honestly this is a teaching moment for you as well. Maybe talk to her about why he may be different. School may be his solace. And he’s DYING for attention and for kids who need it, any attention is good. You should possibly rethink your thinking.

6 Likes

I’m mean I care about all kids not just my own so I would be more concerned with what’s going on at home. If it’s really bad and he gets expelled he roll be stuck there 24/7

1 Like

I mean, there was a kid in my son’s head start class that really made my son hate school and the idea of it so I absolutely pushed for that kid to be removed from the school. Covid stepped in before the school did :woman_shrugging:t3:(covid canceled school) I don’t feel I was wrong for wanting him out. He made class miserable for every other student and no one did anything effective to help him. 29 other students shouldn’t have to suffer cause 1 child has a bad home life. Sorry not sorry, and you’re not wrong for feeling like this.

9 Likes

He’s being abused at home by someone

1 Like

This is a sad situation all around!!! Hopefully a thorough investigation and counseling is offered to this boy along with a variety of assessments. Most children don’t act like this just to get attention unless something is wrong and they don’t know how to communicate it. I wonder if the school has a therapist that can speak with him and/or impact classroom until the root of situation is defined. Could something terrible be going on at home? Boys will lash out horribly at that age when things are bad at home. I would pray for the child and hope he gets help!!! Maybe some para-support in the classroom before anything else.

1 Like

Just know that those actions obviously aren’t going unnoticed and that there is a process that the school has to follow before just removing him from the classroom. There are evaluations that need to be done and they need to be absolutely sure that removing him from the classroom is the only option. That doesn’t mean it makes things easy for the students who are in the class with him, but by law it is required to try all options before removing him completely.

3 Likes

This is really one of my pet peeves. My Grandson is in 2nd grade and a child in that class actually roared like a dinosaur for an entire hour. ( the teacher told me this herself). She lost an entire hour trying to teach the other students. “Special”children need “Special” schools. No
Child Left Behind strategy is just ridiculous!

9 Likes

There has got to be something much bigger going on with that boy. Something much deeper than you think or know. I worked at an elementary school for years, and it brought so much light to situations like this, for me. I learned that kids who act out, more than likely have something going on at home that hurts or frustrates them. And anger is the the way they show they need help.
I would definitely say something to the school, but I dont think the boy should be expelled. He needs someone to talk to and someone to give him love, assurance and guidance. Because there is clearly reasons for the behavior.

3 Likes

Some of the comments on this post broke my heart. I’m the mother of a special needs child, who has been suspended multiple times due to his disability. Believe me when i say that your precious little kids, are assholes half the time. They provoke. They taunt. They bully. They are not perfect and theres been so many times parents have demanded my child be expelled for defending himself. I’m OVER it.

Kids with learning disabilities resort to this behavior when thier boundaries are violated… this child may just need extra help. Not to be expelled at 7 years old… are you kidding me? How ignorant

5 Likes

No, you’re not wrong for wanting to protect your daughter from inappropriate behavior. Not at all.

4 Likes

I think you’re right. Parents need to be involved also.

3 Likes

There is obviously something going on with him. Being expelled isn’t the answer.

5 Likes

Maybe he was just trying to go pee… and he never hit your daughter… still not convinced you’re not completely ignorant for wanting a 7 year old (likely disabled) child to be expelled…

1 Like

That’s usually a sign of abuse from home most likely sexual and physical and no you’re not wrong but he’s probably suffering more than you and your daughter daily so sorry if I don’t cater to your feelings.

1 Like

I’m going to be really clear and short about this article. NO YOU ARE NOT WRONG. Chances are this child has been on notice before. I’m not angry about how you feel, I’m frustrated with the actions of some kids these days. I totally get where you are coming from. This behaviour to be sure needs to be addressed and I’m sure it’s not his first go round, the parents are probably at their wits end trying to figure out what to do with him.

5 Likes

There are so many stupid protocol’s teachers have to do to get this child help. They have to document everything, then they have to wait for this or that. If I were you get together with other like minded parents go to the principal or even the district. This is so sad to see, this child needs help. It’s no fair for the rest of the students to see it either.

1 Like

I know this is a touchy topic, and I’ve been in a similar situation before, but at what point do we draw the line in the sand. Is it fair to the other children who have never been exposed to this sort of behavior and environment to just “deal with it?” And if you try to explain a child’s poor behavior, it just sounds like excuses, and say the child gets by acting a fool because they have “issues”. What happens when they get older, and they do this to someone later, who might not be so understanding? The older child may find him/herself in a terrible situation. I’ve seen it happen, once puberty kicks in…so does the attitude.

Exposing yourself is not something minor!!!

6 Likes

Expelling him from school is not the situation, you are being selfish here. That little child needed help period

8 Likes

This poor wee boy could have undiagnosed autism, and should not be in mainstream school. My heArt goes out to him and his parents.

1 Like

Kids aren’t sexual in second grade they won’t think or feel the same way you will if you are exposed to a random person’s genitals. I would say at six or seven kids don’t really know any better, he needs to be sat down and taught that that’s not okay and why.

2 Likes

If the child continues to have severe behavioral problems, maybe it’s a better idea to put him into a different program that caters more to the individual

4 Likes

But that should only be done to help the child not to punish the child. Kids don’t know any better at that age, especially if he’s already exhibiting behavioral issues. He either hasn’t been taught or has a learning disability. Or he’s being abused. With any situation listed above, the child should not continue to be the victim due to environmental factors or genetic disposition.

4 Likes

Expelled? No, I wouldn’t hope he would be expelled. Inappropriate and harassing behavior isn’t okay, and it has to be enforced at a young age you can’t get away with it because of ANYTHING. If he has a mental disability it’ll hopefully be noticed and he will get proper help to not end up in prison (showing genitals in public is an arrestable offense).
Your daughter deserves to not be subjected to sexual harassment or inappropriateness just as much as that boy deserves proper treatment.

4 Likes

“…what actions are being done…” in reference to the male child in your daughter’s class in ABSOLUTELY none of your business. You don’t have the right to know how situations are handled that don’t pertain to your child. It’s none of your business. Leave it alone!
That is between him, his parent(s), the principal, & the teacher. Your only concern should be for the education and safety of your own child.

3 Likes

Wow. Just wow. These comments. My son had O.D.D thankfully he doesn’t act out in this extreme, but many parents have shared similar experiences, with that being their kid…and just screw you. Yes your ASSumption and wanting of him gone is wrong. And shameful. Who are you to say that they are not jist as upset. Who are tou to say they arnt embarrassed or don’t care.

I hate parents like you. They have no idea what it’s like to be a mom to a non nerotypicial child.

8 Likes

Try helping not judging :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

It sounds like he’s neurodiverse and may not be transitioning well into a new grade/classroom. The school should be more on top of his behavior and maybe he shouldn’t be in a mainstream classroom if he’s going to reveal himself. He won’t be expelled but he could be moved.

4 Likes

Yes u r so wrong. .what if it was round the other way…or there could bee things going on at home etc…he could have mental health issues or what anything…I’m sorry your girl had to go thru that…Hope all turns out well…

1 Like

As a mom of a special needs child yes you are absolutely in the wrong! Yes something needs to happen however being expelled from school is NOT IT!!! You have no idea what happened in that moment other then what your daughter told you unfortunately. Instead please pray this little boy will receive the help he needs!

12 Likes

Honestly no. You’re in the right to want the best for your kid. People have failed that boy & it’s not your responsibility. I’d make sure he gets removed from that school or at the very least removed from your daughters class.

10 Likes

If the child has in question had SEN needs or some kind of diagnosis then no they probably won’t be expelled. School will have to do work with them and get to bottom of related issues.

Whoever heard of getting a child expelled at that age?

1 Like

Worry about your child, look at NSPCC pants rule for children, my son did that in reception (4 years old) and its something we spoke about regularly, make her understand her body and the privacy of it, the teachers will have to help the child, you can’t just abandon them because they’ve done something they may not understand as wrong. I get its distressing for you and your child and I appreciate that but you focus on been her support and helping her understand that’s wrong

1 Like

Please push for the school to call cps

5 Likes

No you are not wrong! In fact you should be calling the district daily to report and help the process speeds up to have him remove!!!

7 Likes

Wow… try helping instead ,you are so terrible!!
What if he is being abused at home or seeing things a child shouldn’t be seeing at home, what if he is special needs and no one has done something about it?? I understand is not a nice behavior but a 7 year old should know that is not good and if he is openly doing that in front of random people that means he has done it at home and no one has stopped him… but don’t hope bad things for him… you don’t know his situation. Help, call cps, make sure they do something to clarify why he is acting that way.

5 Likes

He’s more than likely placed in his least restrictive environment and protected by state laws and an IEP or 504. Perhaps time for reevaluation and a new plan put in place. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and shouldn’t be judged by it. Every child has the right to an education, as well, in the appropriate environment.

1 Like

Yall have no chill :joy::person_facepalming:t3:

It’s a child :roll_eyes: I mean at that age are you seriously going to hold that little boy accountable like you would a 10 yr old or 15 yr old… kids that young doesn’t even know or I mean understand the meaning of their body parts other than they use it to pee… he also may have parents that have taught him not to be ashamed of his body… or maybe his parents are trying to teach him to respect others but it just hasn’t sunk in yet… I’m not trying to take up for the little boys but he is also a little boy…

2 Likes

Yes … you are wrong.
It is NOTHING to do with you what actions the parents or teachers are taking to assist this child. The only thing you need to know is how your child’s issues are being resolved.

5 Likes

Poor little boy. Something is probably going on at home. Of your so worried move your own child from the class.

2 Likes

You are so wrong. My eldest has ADHD at that age my child did the same things. Its awful and for us parents its embarrassing but our children dont need judgement and people willing the school to kick them out. They need support. If my child had been expelled he would’ve had no where to go you cant just walk them into a special needs school it took till my son was 10 to get an EHC plan in place and to get a diagnosis. Its not nice for your child to see and i understand you want to protect her but id feel more for that little boy who would’ve bee triggered by something most likely the move up in school year having a different teacher etc is daunting on a child who is SEN which i bet he is

8 Likes

Yes your wrong. Years ago no one thought anything of this behaviour. Now before you all get on the band wagon, I’m not saying it’s acceptable cause it’s not, but I’m saying throwing a child out of school is over reacting. Your daughter isn’t going to be traumatized cause she seen a penis unless you make it traumatic

I feel bad for the little boy. I wouldn’t want him expelled. I’d want him to get therapy. :weary:

1 Like

As a mom of a boy, I’d say you are overreacting. As someone whose worked with kids for 15+ years, I’d say you are overreacting. But it also depends on what is fully going on. I’ve had boys just whip it out cause they had a booboo to show at 5 years old. I’ve had boys at 6 or 7 have no shame and who think body parts are funny make lewd comments (at least for their age) or show it for whatever reason. Even my son at 4, finds his “winky” hilarious and I’m telling him daily to put his winky away and having the talk about private areas. He came in from the bathroom the other day with this proud look trying not to laugh, walking around with his arms on his hips. I look and he has his winky tucked out over his britches and thinks it’s the funniest thing :unamused::sweat_smile:. As for helping and disruptive, again depending on what’s happening it’s probably normal responsive behaviour at that age unfortunately. It takes a long while for children to get a grip on their emotions and boys tend to take longer with that and how to “properly” express themselves sometimes :woman_shrugging:t2: I mean even as an adult we aren’t always able to control our emotions. Hence all the depression and things. It’s hard for a child with an underdeveloped brain. Really all you need to concern yourself with, is making sure your daughter is taken care of and maybe making sure the boy is being dealt with and not allowed to run amuck. But then kids are stubborn and resilient with a mind of their own. Do WE EVER REALLY LET them do anything?!? :joy:

5 Likes

I can understand why you’d want him expelled, you’re a mom and his behaviour is literally stealing time from your child’s education and traumatizing her. Expulsions are tough though, he obviously needs a place where he needs to have more supervision and most likely a less structured class with more frequent breaks and more opportunities for physical exercise. It really isn’t your job to make sure the kid gets the education he needs though, your daughter’s education however is. So if they don’t expel him I hope they have a plan in place to make sure all the students in class do not lose out on their education and so the boy can be successful in his education. I’m going to assume your hope of his being expelled is not because you want bad things for him but that you want your daughter to have a safe learning environment.

4 Likes

A child doesn’t know right from wrong till they are 8-9 years old depending on maturity which could mean some kids down learn it till about 10-11.

As an 7 Year Old, he might be showing what he learnt at home or he has feelings of frustration/anger and hasn’t learnt the correct skills to communicate healthily to someone.

1 Like