Am I wrong for not wanting to bring my kids around someone who disrespects me?

So my boyfriend’s baby mama is psychotic crazy. When my son was born, she posted his pictures talking crap about me. She was always saying my boyfriend needs DNA for my son because he isn’t his. Now she’s talking crap about me and calling me a deadbeat because her daughter “deserves to meet her siblings.”. Am I wrong for not wanting to bring my son around someone who can’t respect me?

25 Likes

I wouldn’t. The kids can but she can’t.

4 Likes

What does your boyfriend say about all this

No you are not. Your BF should take the lead on the siblings meeting your baby. She doesn’t need to be involved. Does he not get visitation? If he does he should bring the kids to your home to meet the baby.

2 Likes

Your child, your voice! 🤷

1 Like

I think that you’re absolutely right! Stay away from all that drama! Kids pick up on a lot of things!

why would you need to bring your son around her?! Your son have a relationship with his sister at your home while she visits her father…what does that have to do with the ex

6 Likes

No you are not wrong … i would not want that negativity in my child’s life now when she can calm down apologize and learn to be civil then maybe and your boyfriend can always bring his daughter around your son without her being there

1 Like

I would not
All for kiddos getting to meet each other but shes his ex and this is your baby sounds like shes trying to stir the pot more

1 Like

Can the boyfriend bring his kids around your guys kid with out her? Cause his kids have the right to know each other but she shouldn’t have to be there.

2 Likes

Ewww glad you ain’t around her … nasty peasant … you are better then her !!! :ok_hand::heart: :crown:

Sweet Jesus no. You are the Mama and if your gut is telling you no then NO :x:

1 Like

Too much drama. Fuck her.

Nope if she’s worried about the sibling relationship then your boyfriend can pick up his kids and bring them over to meet and spend time with baby no way in hell would I let that chick around my kids

2 Likes

You got to protect your kids from the psycho God only knows what she would do or say to them

1 Like

I wouldn’t want the negativity around me so you are not. Is there any sort of counseling or anyway whatsoever to work out the problems with this woman. For the sake of having to coparent?

2 Likes

Nope! Cut her out and move on! I am dealing with the same thing from my husband’s parents…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t let my kid 500 feet from that kind of crazy.

As for siblings, they can be around, when they are in their father’s care. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

If her daughter wants to meet her siblings she can come to your house with her father

6 Likes

She should meet her siblings but through your boyfriend bringing them around. Not her.

3 Likes

does your BD not have visitation?
Honestly I wouldn’t have her around my child either, however, the kids shouldn’t suffer because of adults

2 Likes

You’re baby doesn’t need to be around her she is a nobody to you and child, if father has access bonding can be done then she sounds like a bunny boiler stay clear of her

1 Like

She should be able to know her sibling. But not with crazy involved. You and your boyfriend should get alone time with her. I will NOT get together with my husbands BM she’s been the same way since we met 12 years ago

1 Like

of course not, why would you even consider asking this question? Cut the cancerous tumor out and let it bleed. Buh, byeeee

1 Like

The best thing to do is to not care what she said. She does it to get you going, just for get it sweetie you’ll feel better. Folks get on f/b to see who they can bait with their crap. Don’t fall for it

1 Like

If you and the father are still together it shouldn’t be a problem for their daughter to me yours and his child(ren) when she comes to visit her dad - her mom doesn’t need to be there for that and no I personally wouldn’t want my child around the negativity about them from someone who accused the child of not even being related to begin with - stay away from her.

2 Likes

Your bf needs to man up and go get visitation for his daughter. Then she’ll have time with you all and her siblings and you won’t have to deal with the baby mama

3 Likes

Does your boyfriend not take his daughter for visitations? She can meet the baby at YOUR house.

3 Likes

No f that lady… Lmao

2 Likes

Nope… Stand your ground and tell her to f-the hell off

1 Like

I just want to say GOOD FOR YOU! Keep your baby away from toxic people. (Sometimes we can’t control but we can certainly try plus teach them about those people) Your the mother and you know what’s best for baby. Bringing your child around drama is no good for him/her. Children pick up on things even at a young age. Following your gut. You got this mama!

1 Like

Nah, your not in the wrong, but I feel like he is. Does he not have visitation with his daughter?

1 Like

If your son’s SISTER wants to meet him then she’s allowed to. His ex doesn’t need to be there for that. But don’t deny the poor kid of meeting her little brother

4 Likes

Not at all. I had to learn the hard way. But now I dont bring my kid around anyone that disrespects me

They did a study and found out most kids that hear people disrespecting their parent tend to take it as in part something being wrong with them. And my theory is if anyone is willing to disrespect me to my face or to my husband they would gladly do it in front of my child.

1 Like

Let your boyfriend bring his daughter to meet her brother. You don’t owe the babys mama anything. Keep her toxic self away.

2 Likes

Your boyfriend is weak!

ur very wrong its not about you nomore i agree the siblings need to realize who their siblings are and bond

2 Likes

You deserve respect and if she can’t respect you then your child don’t need to see that, the kids can meet on kids terms, dad can have them all for a play date, no need to involve the crazy’s that just makes everything that much harder…

2 Likes

At the end of the day you have to worry about your child and his well being ONLY. I know everyone talks about his half sister meeting him in your home without the ex. However toxic people will pass it on to their children. Idk how old she is but eventually she’ll be brainwashed in to believing whatever her mother puts in her head. So no i don’t blame you nor do I judge you for not allowing it. It’s easy to say someone is a monster and they’re this and that when they don’t live through it and feel what it brings on a daily basis

1 Like

What’s a baby mama?

How did she even get a picture of him? Sounds like you’re spending way too much time and her drama-filled world. Should get bored if she has nothing to talk about, but it sounds to me if she’s got pictures to post and you’re not handing them over, your boyfriend’s playing both sides

1 Like

Theres a lot missing here

2 Likes

Sounds like she is trying to break you two up because she probably wants him back. Go ahead and get the DNA test, you may need it one day because I doubt he will stick around he already left one (maybe more) mother of a child that is his.

I have almost the EXACT same problem,only different because the baby mama literally hates me and wished death on me and my unborn son,she doesn’t want anything to do with me or my son. But she did take pictures of my son and post them saying my husband should get a DNA test and I’m a whore,drug addict etc… Obviously wrong or our child would have been taken from me after birth. She takes lithium and other psych meds and is labeled handicapped by state of New Jersey for her mental health problems. I tried 8 years ago when I started dating my now fiance to be cordial with her but from the jump she was horribly disrespectful and nasty to me. Drug my name through the mud, spread rumors, tried to find me in Delaware to fight me…and when I say honestly,1000%, sincerely true that it was all for NO REASON …I mean it. I never disrespected her she’s the mother of my fiance’s daughter and I’m an adult for crap sake! So when I got pregnant 5 years ago she found out and told me she hop,ed I get kicked down some stairs,break my neck and lose the half breed inside of me. :frowning: Said my son was her daughter’s replacement since my fiance doesn’t want to be with her and their daughter. Toxic people are just that… toxic and always display their true character. Keep your kids away. What’s bad for you is bad for your kids when they are young

No offense but that relationship should have been handled before baby arrived. ijs Sounds like he is friends with her on social media or she got pictures from his family. He needs to establish his visitation with his daughter through court or mediation so you won’t need to be involved or harrassed by her!

Does he not get visitation at his house? If so they can have a relationship there. If he doesn’t and he has to go to her recommended place to see his child then he can take his son, I do not see why you need to be envolved. However, you should try to make peace or at least bite your tongue for the sake of the children.

2 Likes

Your dude needs to keep his bm in her place and she needs to stay there. She sounds like she’s absolutely a miserable person.
I wouldn’t even bring my dog around her till she changes her attitude

1 Like

Nope i wouldn’t want my kids around some childish bully either. Tell her to grow the fk up for the sake of all the kids.

1 Like

Just tell her like it is. Tell her she has no business in yours and his relationship, tell her that if she wants them to meet it is hers and your boyfriends job to come to a point where that is possible. I dont understand what you mean around toxic people? You dont have her child, theres not a reason your kid needs to be there with her ever? Her kid will stay with you and your boyfriend for visits and drop offs and pick ups dont have anything to do with you. You don’t have to have any form of communication with her if you don’t want to. My husband has another child, he didnt do anything through the courts per the BM’s request and got f’d over on visits cause shes a very spiteful person and moved and we dont have an exact location or anyway to contact her, now his oldest daughter will lose out on a relationship with her 2 younger brothers and her little sister. It kills me they dont know eachother. And trust me, if you dont let those kids develop a relationship based soley on your own fee,lings, thats going to kill you, and leave you with regret, and on top of that, your child could end up resenting you for not wanting them to have a relationship with their sibling. So the ex is a btch, dont deal with her, but also leave that sht between you two (or 3?) Don’t involve the kids AT ALL. Judges dont look kindly on that.

Why would your child have to see her to see his siblings? Does your boyfriend not see his kids at his own home?

2 Likes

You can bring your kids around hers the day she starts respecting you :rofl:

I would not! I am actually going through this with my bf step mom! She talks bad about me calling me a gold digger and that she will make sure we will never get married and she will find some way to have our daughter taken away! Even tho we don’t do nothing wrong! She hasn’t like me since me and my bf ( fiancé) found out I was pregnant. When she went and talked bad with my own family and they had to tell me I got fed up and told her that she was not allowed to see me and my child especially with the way she treated me the last few times I went to her house so she can spend time with my daughter! We had warned her several times by that point so I said bye! My child will not have someone disrespect me in front of her!

Your kid can meet his siblings on their dad’s days

Your son can meet his sister when she visits her dad…

Tell the baby daddy to step up and his responsibility!

Why does she hate you so bad? Why would you ever be around her? Other than to drop her child off and dads house, you should never be around her. And why would your child ever be around her?

Sounds like a jealous bitter baby momma who still has feelings for her ex. Tell her to kick rocks. Her daughter can see her sibling when she’s with daddy on daddy time.

Leave her alone Christmas irvyou want peace

YOU don’t have to bring your son around them but HE does. I’m gonna need for him to put his big boy pants on and mediate

The kids should have a relationship, no question, but without the ex involved in any way. Dad needs to pick up his baby, bring her home and allow the babies to interact in a safe and drama free environment. That includes you, the OP, to keep your mouth shut about the ex regardless of your feelings while the baby is there. Then Dad takes baby back to ex when the visitation is over. You are NOT required to have a relationship with anyone that disrespects you, especially when you personally have no legal need to do so. It is on Dad to facilitate a calm environment.

Why do u need to be around her? Im slightly confused. Im a step momma myself and my children have a wonderful relationship with their siblings without their mother being involved in it… they get their time with their siblings on “dads” time.

It would e nice to have the kids know each other. I would call her first and set some rules. I would not ever leave my child with her if you’re not with him

There is no reason for you to take your son around your boyfriend’s ex at all. I don’t understand why men share pictures of their kids with their exs when the 2 women don’t get a long. If it’s important to your bf for his kids to be together then that’s upto him on his time. It has nothing to do with her.

I find it funny that she claims your son isn’t your boyfriend’s (as if she knows what goes on in your bedroom lol) then claims her children deserve to meet their siblings. She says whatever will get a reaction at the moment.

A little bit of advise. Record stuff she says, does, posts, texts etc. Save it all. In the event that you & your bf break up put it in your parenting agreement that she’s not allowed around your child at all. If he won’t simply agree to it petition the court for a parenting time restriction.

1 Like

No. Your children can meet each other without her presence.

10 Likes

Sorta same situation pregnant and my boyfriend’s kids will meet their new sibling. But their moms won’t. No way in fuck. If people knew the whole back story. They knew why I’d feel that way

4 Likes

Why can’t they be around their siblings though? They aren’t the ones disrespecting you. Id let your kids be around them when they’re at dads house

2 Likes

No and he doesn’t need to be around her your son can see his siblings when your boyfriend has them. I have never met my BD’s other BM and she’s never been around my daughter but my daughter knows her siblings. It’s ok to only surround your child with positive people

8 Likes

Personally I think it would make you the better person if you would just let them meet. I mean screw her and whatever she thinks or says about you. You are better than her and that’s exactly what makes her want to say mean things. Just ignore her and let them meet each other. It takes you to higher level than her.

1 Like

Definitely not wrong fuck her n her opinions

2 Likes

If your man gets his other kid, obviously let them meet. If she insists on being around, let her be, but if she starts shit, leave. Make boundaries prior to it. It’s not about her or you. It’s about the kids. That’s it.

1 Like

No definitely not wrong of you to do that.

1 Like

Hell no. Keep your distance. Momma knows best for her baby. Sounds like she is immature af.

Im in this situation and sorry not sorry if his baby mamas gonna be there, then me and my kids will not be. Our kids have met before at family events but considering she’s threatened me and my kids multiple times before, makes claims my kids aren’t his, and does nothing but talk shit to my husband, she doesn’t need to be there. She’s not family to my kids so she can fuck right off.

3 Likes

Not even a little. My kids don’t see my MIL because she disrespected me and my family. Her husband (FIL) and other family are more than welcome to see them, but she is not.

1 Like

Why is this even a question? His other baby mama needs to get a life. Not yours.

For the safety of my child I would not allow it. We are mother’s and we need to protect them although meeting her siblings is important. They will meet when they get older and understand the situation speaking out my experience. :heart:

1 Like

no, she would prob disrespect and bully your poor child.

5 Likes

This happened to me. I was the bigger person and put the kids first. Her daughter will see the true side of her eventually cause you can’t hide ugly and she’ll resent her for being that way no matter how much she tries to deny it.

1 Like

You dont need to be the bigger person…you need to do what’s best for you and your baby…im in a similar situation and I dont allow that kind of negativity in my daughters life…and it does make certain people upset…I find myself questioning my choices sometimes, but EVERY TIME I do it always goes back to I’m doing what’s best for my girl and i.

1 Like

Why does your son have to meet her? Does your bf have any parenting time with the child, why can’t the siblings meet on his parenting time? If he has to go by the golden uterus rules to see his child he needs to get to court ASAP & establish parenting time. Ideal is 50/50 & no she doesn’t have any say who her babies father has in the child’s life when the child is with him. Stop letting her control everything. Going through courts sucks for fathers but take her power away.

2 Likes

My daughters father has a son that is involved in our daughters life. His baby momma however is NOT allowed anywhere near my daughter. You don’t call my child a “mistake, a thing” wish death upon her or threaten me while I’m holding her and expect to be allowed near her. He knows this. If she’s a danger to your child the SHE doesn’t need to be anywhere close to your baby. Your child’s relationship with his/her sibling has NOTHING to do with the mother. She doesn’t need to be anywhere near that. Nope.

2 Likes

Does your baby daddy get his other kid? If so, then siblings are great. But if you have to make all the effort for them to meet, thats a no from me.

I mean of course she should meet her siblings but that doesn’t include her… she can meet her siblings when they’re at dads?

1 Like

I’d cut that drama out of my life quick so nope not wrong for wanting peace in your life do what you need to do no company is better than bad company no matter who it is

Your not wrong but at the same time those kids deserve to know each other. I’ve got a blended family and it was hard to deal with at first but now we all get along perfectly because we put the kids needs and wants above what we want.

1 Like

U are absolutely not wrong. U do not have to subject urself, better still, ur child to this woman’s tirades. Period. Her kids absolutely do deserve meet their siblings, but it sounds like their own mother is rather bitter that u now have the man…

1 Like

Not wrong at all!!! My daughter doesnt know her father’s other 2 kids bc if the mother. She is too interested in trying to get with my wasband than to make sure her daughter has a relationship with her father or my daughter. Smh…

If shes an ex your kid shouldnt be around her at all, that part confuses me. But if they have a kid together shouldn’t he see his kid? Someone explain I’m confused

I’m in the same boat. I left the father because of thier drama and his kids are just as much drama as thier mother so I have told him I will NEVER tolerate any disrespect from him or his kids or thier crazy ass mother and they won’t have but a few chances around the baby when she’s here.

Nope I don’t go see my mil with my kids at her house bc her bf is a sexist disrespectful pig. :woman_shrugging:t2: she has to meet us somewhere without him.

He absolutely doesn’t have to have any contact with her at all!! But that doesn’t mean he can’t build a bond with his sibling during visits with his father.

The siblings can see each other. If she can’t be respectful then she doesn’t need to be around for them to have a sibling relationship.

Keep this unstable woman out of your and your baby’s life! However it would be good for the siblings to see each other. X

No. If they can’t respect you then they sure as hell won’t respect your child. I have this same issue with my family. My Father threatened to “pop my ass” (meaning shoot me with his gun) because he was going to watch my child while I went to a concert and he was going to invite people into MY home with MY child without me knowing about them and I had never met them and I found out and was upset and told him I didn’t want said people in my home, around my child until I could be there to meet them. He was very abusive to me as a child and he’s bipolar and manic depressive and a couple other things. Let me tell you, he severely fucked up when he did that and he’s claiming he has rights to be able to see my child because he is the Grandfather. I don’t care who the fuck you are, you don’t threaten someone with a gun and then turn around and still expect to be in their life. So no, you don’t HAVE to include anyone in your life that is toxic for you or your child.

Yeah your son should meet his siblings… does your boyfriend not get visitation? So he can bring his kids to his house with his other kid? If not he needs to man up and take her to court for visitation…

Unless there’s a reason he can’t have them or he just wants to go over to her house and seeing his kids is an excuse. Lol. Not saying that’s the case but it could be, and that cpuld be why she’s so hateful because he’s playing her and you both.

NOPE. If she’s gonna continue her shit, file a police report for harassment.

It’s your kid do what you think is best… My son wouldn’t be around that though. No one has any “right” to a kid but the parents. Anyone else if your decision.

3 Likes

Not wrong at all. My mother in law doesn’t respect me at all, I choose to not be around her. :woman_shrugging:t3: Keep those boundaries in place. You don’t need children around unnecessary drama.

7 Likes

Siblings can be seen when spending time with dad she doesn’t need to be around your kid

7 Likes