Am I wrong to be upset?

Tell him to grow up :face_with_thermometer:

5 Likes

Yes one of those you can tell him his parents can get ready for him and the kids thatā€™s where heā€™d be living. I used to be soo upset wondering how I could pay rent and childcare when the dad refused too watch them and how embarrassing it is to have someone come in while he sits thereā€¦

3 Likes

He is apparently unaware that he is also the childā€™s parent and needs to act accordingly.

8 Likes

No,he might need a break to,do maybe a couple days but overall itā€™s his time with the kids.

Uhhhh thatā€™s a big fat NO

I understand wanting some days to yourself. Maybe they kiddo can go for a day or two?

No tell him if he wants to send the kids to his family then he can pack his stuff and go live there

Classic selfish prick

Dads who think watching their kids is babysitting is a child in a grown manā€™s body. If he needs help attending his kids, he should visit his parents house. I see this as a learning opportunity for him to step up his role as a parent. You shouldnā€™t have to worry about your family watching your kids. Tell them to make plans so that he canā€™t use them. Time for him to grow up if he hasnā€™t already.

4 Likes

Listen mama you made your choice to keep baby home with you and have to respect if your husband doesnā€™t make the same choice as you. That doesnā€™t make him a bad father. The same way as a mom I get tired and need a break I recognize my husband is human like myself and gets tired too. Itā€™s not fair to expect more than a person can give. Does your husband have a full time job? 8s he always busy? Then he will be exhausted. The same way we would be rooting for a mother to get some time and jo judegment etc letā€™s not be double standard. Same rules applies to a father and that doesnā€™t make him any less. Stop with the step up and be a daddy comments. Be fair. Mothers have checked their kids into daycare solely for the purpose of taking a day and we donā€™t think any less of them cause theyā€™re moms and so are we so why are we so hard on the msn in our life who is working so hard to provide and take care of our needs. Why canā€™t we treat him like a human being? Why is his feelings not valid? Itā€™s because society expect more from men is why men donā€™t show their feelings and so many men feel the need to shut everything in and be "macho and strong " . Men have feelings too and itā€™s time women stop and realize that. The only difference is Anatomy

1 Like

Here is my thought. If you pay said family member then yes go ahead and take him. If you do not. Then donā€™t. IMO that is taking advantage of the help your getting. Iā€™ve been on this receiving end.

1 Like

No he can take care of his own kids when he is off.

5 Likes

So youā€™re mad that you didnā€™t get a break on your week off and now your husband is gonna take advantage of it.maybe he has stuff he needs to get done that he canā€™t while watching the baby. Grow up.

No let him look after heā€™s son itā€™s bonding time

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sureā€¦When I was working my family watched my kiddo and they did it for free, so I tried not to take advantage and have them watch him when I wasnā€™t at work very often.
Now if heā€™d been going to someone and I was paying them I probably would have felt a little differently.
Or if heā€™d been going to a daycare where you pay to hold their spot whether theyā€™re there or not Iā€™d have sent him.

I tend to agree with the perspective that the kiddo should stay with himā€¦First to not take advantage of the family members whose watching him especially if theyā€™re doing it for freeā€¦
Or if theyā€™re getting paidā€¦well thatā€™s time that he doesnā€™t have to go and money you could save.
But at the same time I donā€™t necessarily agree with being upset-upset.
I think this is the kind of thing that you both need to sit down and discuss.
Take the time to really hear the others perspective and opinions.
Take the time to hear why he wants time alone.
Then explain why you donā€™t agree with him taking the whole week (hopefully it isnā€™t just simply you didnā€™t do it so he canā€™tā€¦because in theory you could have if you wanted to at least a couple days)

Then maybe try to find a compromise.
Maybe a couple hours each day or a couple days. Especially if itā€™s really important to him.

1 Like

Heā€™s a child too I guess. He should want to have his kids around on his time off.

We dont have children to push them onto someone else. This is his time to be a Dad. To spend time doing things with his children he cant do when heā€™s working.
Tell him noā€¦he can have alone time when the kids are in bed

7 Likes

Bullshit like this drains your love for them until itā€™s gone.

1 Like

Bull make him watch the kids

3 Likes

If your family is watching your child for free then no, you both should have the children when you are off, if you need a break then ask them to take the kids for awhile so you can have time, if he needs time for himself then he can ask and drop the kids off. Everyone needs time for themselves for self care.

6 Likes

My husband had vacation saved up and has been off about half of December.
He works outside the home M to F and myself 2 to 3 daysā€¦
The list of stuff he had to doā€¦mow/mulch the lawn, repair/maintaince on our carsā€¦ household repairsā€¦he hasnā€™t really had much time where he hasnā€™t been ā€œworkingā€ā€¦
We have sent the oldest to Gymnatics camp 2 days both weeks and the youngest Weā€™ve utilized her daycare days (she goes up to 3 days a week)

If I had family watching them I would check and see if they needed the time off or could do one or two daysā€¦if they needed time off I would utilize drop in daycare or find a teenager off school to watch the kids. Or if they are old.enough have them help him some.

we took 2 days a went to the beach as a family and Iā€™ve worked my normal days as well plus part of Christmas where they where with him

We both have done it everyone needs some them time. I have so many projects that are good luck with a 2 year old. I just pay the daycare or whoever n do my thing.

At my old job I would take 2 pto days a month just for me time. Hubby will take days here or their n do the same. We pay daycare or whoever so as long as they are available n they are getting paid itā€™s none of their business. Daycare also asks that the kids donā€™t miss days.

3 Likes

Nope. What a child. Wow. The fact hed rather have your family keep him vs himself blows my mind. Probably wants to be alone so h e can nap , poor baby. :rofl: What a MAN CHILD. girl hes gross vibes already from what ive read

1 Like

Nope! Their his kids and your family 8s their for you and your husband when your both working. Tell him to grow up.

1 Like

Get a new husband!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ll never understand men who donā€™t want to be with their kids. Kids deserve to be at home when mom or dad are off work. They arent here to be dumped on other people.

9 Likes

Uhm nope, my husband knows better than to pull this mess!

He needs a break too. Compromise and take the kiddo to the sitter for a couple of days.

5 Likes

Umm yeah thatā€™s a no

3 Likes

He canā€™t take your child to the family that watches them?

His kids, his week, let him find someone to watch them.

11 Likes

Ask him why he wants to be alone, let him make the arrangements.

6 Likes

Tell him noā€¦he needs to take. Are of his childā€¦itā€™s not baby sitting ā€¦ itā€™s being a dad. A parent.

6 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Is there a reason? Is your husband struggling with his mental health? A new baby can bring a lot of extra stress and a lot of women forget that men struggle with being overwhelmed and tired too. Iā€™d ask him why!!! If his excuse is only because he wants to relax then Iā€™d tell him that he needed to spend quality time with his children for the holidays. Thereā€™s no back story here so we donā€™t know if he is struggling with anything and just needs some alone time. He may need a break and thatā€™s okay! We shouldnā€™t shame men for the very thing we all deserve, self care! If he insists on needing the time then have him make the arrangements.

1 Like

Uh no just say there busy :woman_shrugging:t4:

Nope! He helped make them he can take care of them just as you do! Really? Why is this even a question!

1 Like

A good daddy would want to spend precious time with his kiddos.

Why have kids if you donā€™t enjoy spending time with them?

There youth is so fleeting.

2 Likes

Kids arenā€™t optional, lmao

Ummm no lol thatā€™s not even an option

3 Likes

Nah. He can watch his own kids since he will be home. GOD FORBID these dadā€™s actually be parents :roll_eyes::woozy_face:

6 Likes

I personally would keep my kid but we donā€™t know his sideā€¦is your child now at the terrible two stage? Is your husband nervous about having to be alone with a Toddler that requires all his attention? Does your husband feel that he needs a break from all the work heā€™s been doing outside the home while you stayed home? Before becoming upset, why donā€™t you ask him to get his side of the story then come to Facebook and to see if his answer should make you upsetā€¦Asking here before getting his side will only get you answers from the man haters club because I see alot of that on Facebook ā€¦

4 Likes

I would just because how is he going to treat them or talk to them when he doesnā€™t want them

Nope! He is the dad so time for him to grow up and apparently be the dad! If you decide to go ahead and take them to your family, let them know on the phone while he is there, the reason you are bringing them over. Be upfront and blunt!

3 Likes

I would compromise and take the kids for 2 days out the week. A marriage isnā€™t 50/50, thatā€™s divorce. If he is asking, I donā€™t see what the problem is. Iā€™m sure if you took the kids for a day to treat yourself he wouldnā€™t have minded. We canā€™t expect others to feel and be the same as us. Maybe he needs a mental break.

5 Likes

Oh heck no, He needs to act like a Father and be responsible for the child he made. If He needs a break he can find a babysitter.

Ya thatā€™s fishy hell no. Tell him to be a father

According to most of these comments, only mothers need a break :roll_eyes:

If I was him though, Iā€™d just be asking whoever I wanted to watch the kid. Donā€™t see why you should.

5 Likes

Nope. Have him find his own childcare. Care.com has child care options that are great and affordable. If you family agree, he can also take the children daily.

Absolutely not. He needs to be a parent

Kids are his responsibility too

lol thatā€™s not the way it works. Your family is nice enough to help you, but they deserve to have that break when one or the other parent is home. I would be very upset if I were your family and knew he was at home and I was still watching his children, when heā€™s perfectly capable of doing it himself. I could see if he wanted to do some running around or cleaned the house, and asked for a few hours. But I would expect him to work that out and get them there and pick them up, thatā€™s not on you while heā€™s home too.

5 Likes

I would think he might want some daddy time and possibly some free time too.

5 Likes

Yes but shes not getting any time off not fair to her

1 Like

Thatā€™s messed up, Iā€™d be pissed

1 Like

No way ā€¦hes the dad suck it up buttercup and be a grown upā€¦unless he has other intentions while u r at work and he doesnā€™t want his children to see whatā€™s going on???

No he can watch the child donā€™t give in good luck momma

I mean for a day okay but the whole week na :woozy_face:

6 Likes

It sounds like you made a choice to have kids home and he is choosing to have them stay with family. I donā€™t see a problem on that but I would say he needs to be responsible with drop off & pick up.

6 Likes

Maybe if heā€™s got some stuff to do around the house that he canā€™t do while with the little one but if he just wants some time for himself ummmm no thatā€™s not really something parents get :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol people act like dads arenā€™t exhausted from working or parenting also. Dads need breaks too. Maybe, youā€™re upset possibly jealous because you didnā€™t think of it first lol. Possibly because you were a stay at home also and you want him to feel like you did. I think he should do it but tell him heā€™s responsible for pick ups and drop off if he wants them there.

5 Likes

Is he planning a remodeling project? Thatā€™s the only valid reason I see.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say ok but your responsible for the rides to and from. And if your home alone that means the house should stay clean

4 Likes

I might be a lil upset that he wouldnt wanna spend the quality time alone with his kids but i would also understand that maybe my husband needs a break as well maybe u guys should talk about it and come to a compromise maybe a few days of that week take em to the family so he gets his ā€œme timeā€ which we all do need and then a couple days he spends quality time with the kids :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Ive read the comments but in my HO had anyone thought about the family members that are gracious enough to help out with the baby while NEEDED? I dont think they should overwhelm them with extra time taking care of the baby when one parent is available to take care and spend quality time with him ā€¦

6 Likes

Why not let him enjoy his time off. Or maybe 3 of the days.

3 Likes

For a day or 2, I get it. The whole time, nah. Be a dad.

Not at all. He made that baby too. Are you going to have all the responsibilities of this baby while he sits on his ass and does nothing? I would probable fix it where he could have all the alone time he wants permanently. I think he should be watching this baby, while he cooks and cleans and folds clothes like you do when you are off. Heā€™s lazy and takes advantage of you!

Yeah, I donā€™t see a problem with this. SAHMā€™s are always begging for time to themselves so they can get something done, poop in peace, wipe down the table, fold a stack of towels so your kids donā€™t knock them over; why canā€™t dad have time alone?

Nope!!! You decided to have children. Guess what? Breaks donā€™t come when you have kids. You didnā€™t get a break when you had your week off. You both work. He doesnā€™t get a break for his week off either. Except he does cause he isnā€™t working and also taking care of the kids. He is just taking care of the kids. So still a break!

Why canā€™t he watch them while youā€™re at work? Not like momā€™s really get a break.

1 Like

How about give your family a break.

Absolutely not. He can watch and care for his kids. Why are men? :roll_eyes:

If my family member doesnā€™t mind watching the child and is getting paid then I donā€™t see the problem. Dad had been working the whole time does he not deserve some quiet alone time every now and then? Maybe he wants to eat chips, sitting on the couch in his underwear, watching Netflix. Sounds like they only have one child so mom has had plenty of breaks over the 2 years she was a SAHM. Iā€™ve been a SAHM to an only child I know from experience. Asking for a break from your kid does not make you a bad parent.

4 Likes

Also I watch my niece for my sister and I would not be offended if they asked me to watch her even though they would be at home. As a parent I get that need for time for yourself.

If you read it she said she stayed home with the kids.She also said someone watches the little one.Means there are other kids.

1 Like

One or 2 days maybe but he should take them not you. Also you donā€™t want to take advantage of the sitter because they may tired out or end up feeling like yall are taking advantage of them and decide not to keep watching them.

Seems to me that would be the perfect time to bond and make memories which is really hard to do when you are working. A vacation shouldnā€™t ever mean handing over your family and taking advantage of people that help you so you both can work. He is wrong here.

2 Likes

Get up get ready and go to work heā€™s off he can drop the kid off if thatā€™s what he wants. Donā€™t be his door mat

2 Likes

I mean one day I could understand, because everyone deserves a break but even if someone couldnā€™t watch our kids my husband will always watch our three babys bitching ever, no asking for a break never.

Heā€™s a parent and needs to take responsibility. He can have a break once the kids are old enough to stay home alone or once they move out

7 Likes

Selfish! He needs to grow up

He has daddy duty! No going to the sitter!

Nope. He needs to parent his own kids.

1 Like

Ugh. Not here for that kind of energy

Your husband is a child. My ex husband was like that. EX! Tell him grow up. He can tend to his kids.

4 Likes

My ex-husband was the same way. What a loserā€¦

1 Like

Do you get alone time? Because if not then that would be a swift no

5 Likes

Mmmm thatā€™s not how that works bud

3 Likes

What! Cheeky bugger!

2 Likes

Lol. Surely he was joking

Nope! It ainā€™t babysitting when itā€™s your baby! He needs to step up & be a daddy!

1 Like

Okayā€¦ people seem to forget the man worked 2 years by himself. He is entitled to some alone time just to relax.

2 Likes

Recharging the batteries or taking advantage?

How often does he get time to himself at the house?

If heā€™s asking for the time, maybe he needs it? Donā€™t forget, in the long run, this could be better for the entire family.

If you feel heā€™s taking advantage, thatā€™s a whole other issue and need more details.

3 Likes

Why canā€™t he drop them off. Why is he asking you?

1 Like

Some men are assholes

I canā€™t stop laughing at the absurdity of some of these comments. I assume the majority of you scoffing at him wanting to let his family watch the kids so he can have time off are just pissed off that you A.) donā€™t have the family near by to help you. B.) You are so far up your kids asses that you havenā€™t stopped to think if theyā€™d like a break away from you. C.) You were never smart enough to actually ask for a break, instead you just bitched about not ever having one, even though you probably could have if youā€™d have just asked.

Nope. You had mommy detail while he worked he can do daddy detail while you work.

1 Like

Everyone is going to say what they believe. Either he should or shouldnā€™t. I get the whole he worked for 2 years but she also stayed at home for 2 years! I honestly believe the reason why she is upset is because she is working and still taking care of the kids when she gets home. So naturally even if he wants alone time. He is still a parent! Me and my SO work different shifts because we donā€™t have the family to keep our kids, but he has never once complained because when i go to work and he has the kids he bonds with them and the same goes for me. We sacrificed a lot to be parents.
Dont get me wrong. Breaks are very much needed as a parent, but she returned to work and comes home to still take care of the kid. So why canā€™t he?

6 Likes

My husband would never send our children away if it wasnt neccesary. Dads need alone time too but the whole week, cā€™mon!

6 Likes

A couple days of his week off I could seeā€¦ Just to rest and recharge but not the whole week.

3 Likes