Am I wrong to not going to my daughters graduation because her dad is there?

You will regret it and your daughter wull be so hurt.Im sure the room is huge.stand on the opposite side.

So once again you are going to let him take something that is more yours than his and whine about it. No. Girl get your self done up and take ya ass to that graduation. She wants you there. Don’t deprive her or yourself of this amazing moment.

Even in my small school I couldn’t imagine parents just staying on their own side of the room and leaving one another alone to support me. I have a permanent restraining order against my ex and that would not stop me from supporting my children during graduation if I found out he was going or seen him there. My ex actually abused me physically and mentally even told me he wished I would have aborted one of his children and that when he beat me when I was pregnant with said child told me he wished he would have killed the baby. And u would still be there with open arms for my child! I feel you’re wrong. Support your child. Focus only on your child. Don’t even acknowledge his presence. What are you going to do if he shows up rmfor any other event your child has? If you feel this badly I would suggest some therapy. My therapy with my domestic abuse advocate has helped me tremendously. Unfortunately I didn’t even read about domestic abuse as I would have directed you to an advocate yourself and there are classes to help empower you. You’re just mad you did it all on your own. Which you’re entitled to but why do it all on your own and then not be at an important event. You can’t stop him from going but you can focus on you. It’s not about you or him.

That’s wrong on so many levels. That’s like taking it out on your daughter for yours and his past. And no matter what happened people sometimes learn the hard way… in jail! So you need to stop the childishness and watch your daughter at her graduation.

You go to the graduation and show your daughter what it means to be civil and mature.
She worked hard for you not him.

Yes, you are wrong. This is a big day for her and your going to skip it? It’s not about you It’s about her. You don’t have to have anything to do with him at all. Sit in a different area and tell your daughter you’ll see her at home afterwards or at the party. Treat him like you would any other stranger there.

Do you seriously even have to ask? Yes you are in the wrong! This is no longer about you and him it’s about your daughter and one of the biggest days of her life. You can sit on opposite ends of the venue to where you don’t have to see him up close. If for some reason you do end up in close proximity be the bigger person and set that aside. Period!

In this case you need to put your feelings away and be there for your child. That day is about her.

1000% wrong. This isn’t about you. This is about her! Sad you can’t grow up for one day.

This is another post on this page where I really have to say is this a joke? You don’t have to be anywhere near him! That’s your child and you’re taking your hatred of him out on her?? No no no!

You can’t want to be there for her that badly if your willing to skip her graduation. You don’t have to be anywhere near him it’s her graduation not his.

Do you really want to miss such an important day yet you were beside her all along?..Common gal. Posh up. As you see him smile or rather smirk. In your mind …swear him to your hearts content. Trust me he will feel the energy. Go and share this special day with your daughter.

Her graduation is about her not you suck it up for a day and put her feelings before yours

She’s graduating from high school but you havent graduated from kindergarten yet? grow up and finish parenting by demonstrating how to rise above while you still got a chance

There isn’t a human in this world I hate enough to miss out on my child’s graduation. He doesn’t seem to be consistent so what if he doesn’t show either. Regardless of if he does or doesn’t. Find another seat and celebrate your child.

You’re going to celebrate her not you nor him.

The area should be large enough you don’t have to see or enter act.

Be there for her!!! You are able to be in front of a person without to see him. Ghost him up and go!

4 Likes

So your hate for him is much greater than your love for your baby? Mama you have to rethink this. This isn’t about him. This is about one of the biggest days of your daughters life.
Do you really want that over your head for the rest of your life?
“Well at least my dad came to my graduation & you didn’t.”

Wow… yes it is 100% wrong to miss out because you cannot ignore him and let him try and make a scene. Let him. Let people see you being the bigger person by being there for her and ignoring him.

You don’t have to sit beside him go and sit on the opposite side! Or something. And u said he see her once in a blue moon so how do you know he will even be there??!!! Stop letting him control you!!!

Thats messed up that u wouldnt go to ur kids graduation… Over pettiness thats somwthing you should be able to put aside for you kid its bot about u​:rage::rage::rage: some ppl

You can be there for her and avoid him… wtf. You’re just going to make your kid mad at you for failing to be there. That’s all she’s gonna see.

Wait, you’re going to miss one of the biggest days in her life because of a man?! Seriously?! :woman_facepalming:

It’s ur daughters graduation! No matter what is going on between u and her dad, u should still go. She’s graduating and ur gonna regret not being there!

So your going to miss your child’s graduation? Sounds selfish to me it’s her day not yours

If you can’t face him then you can still be a civil adult put your feelings aside knowing he’s in the same building but choose a seat where you are far from him can’t see him at all and be there for your daughter. You do not have to be near him see him or face him to be there. Your daughter deserves more!!

Umm no one said you had to sit next to him. Just tell your daughter to meet you somewhere after the ceremony and after she’s seen her dad. Crisis averted

Yep your wrong
It’s not about you and him it’s about her

You will regret not going don’t do that to yourself or her

8 Likes

Don’t sit near him or talk to him. Will you miss her wedding if he is there?? Go support your baby.

It’s not about you or your ex. It’s about your daughter at this one special moment in her life. Put your big girl panties on, and be there. He doesn’t need to stand with you or even close to you.

It’s such a big place graduations. You don’t have to sit with him or even chat if you don’t want. I wouldn’t miss it for anything in the world personally. I think you are wrong about not going. Just avoid him

Yes you should go. Not her fault who you chose to be her Daddy and that is quite an q
Accomplishment for both of you

You should go regardless. You raised her. You can ignore him and be there for your daughter.

Not posting a long drawn out post because I feel you know how wrong this is on so many levels. I will tell you that you will carry the regret of not going for the rest of your life. That is a huge moment to miss based off your selfishness. Don’t sit next to him. But do not skip it! Ask yourself which is more important. The relationship with your daughter or your hatred for her father?

Go to her graduation. Sit on the other side of the room if you need to, but don’t fail your daughter now.

I’d go and ignore him. Chances are with his history he won’t show up any way so why hurt yourself and your daughter? Just go

Yes your wrong!! This is not about him that day is about YOUR DAUGHTER. Don’t sit with him or interact if you don’t want but damn be the bigger person

Do you know how many seats are at a graduation? Do you know it’s possible to stay away from him? You’re making this about you. It’s about your daughter.

You gonna miss her wedding day too? .

You don’t go he wins. Stop allowing him to have any control over your emotions or actions. The other comments are correct but I think this may be heard more right now.

If she attends a large school, for the love of God, sit on the other side of the stadium, but go. If it’s small, your daughter can give him the wrong date. Joking about that last part. Be there. You cannot make this one up. Given the learning history, bring a guest who will intimidate any nonsense out of your ex’s head, but if he starts, it’s on him, not you. Your daughter is the focus, especially such a day as that. No one else.

This is your daughter’s day, not yours. You should be there for her. Period!

You don’t have to sit by him. You can go and text her before it starts to meet you somewhere and do the same when she gets her diploma to get pictures. If you do run in to each other be a mature adult say a quick hello then be on your way.

Yes, you’re in the wrong for not wanting to be there for her.
You need to be there for her.

It’s extremely self centered to not go because of him. This is HER day. It has literally nothing to do with you or him.

The graduation is about your daughter, not your hate for her father or the drama between the two of you. You should be there for her. What if he doesn’t show up? Like he’s done so many times. She will be there without either of her parents on one of the most important days of her life so far. You’ll feel even worse and so will your daughter. You don’t even have to interact with him or sit with him or anything… I truly hope you can set that hate aside for your daughter.

Yes, you have to be there. You raised her. Ignore him and stay away from him.

you are in the wrong. there’s gonna be soooo many people there i doubt you will even run into him.

So wrong . how do you think that will make her feel? HURT it’s not about you or him . It’s about HER

TOTALLY WRONG AND UNACCEPTABLE!!! Sit on the other side and bite your tongue! You will regret not going and she will hate you for it! I swear sometimes I think these questions are made up

Okay. I am going to say this. I made the mistake of not going to my sons graduation because he gave his dad a ticket and didn’t deserve one. I regret it to this day. So please go.

You’re not going for him, you’re going for her.

You need to be there for her
Put away your pride
It’s a big place you don’t have to sit together
But if you don’t go
You will regret later down the road

Just don’t sit near him or talk to him. There should be a big enough crowd to make that easy

Chances are you won’t even see him there. There’s so many people there…. What if he is all talk and doesn’t even show up? As a mother, I hope you choose to go.

It’s up to you if you go, or not.

However, there could be unintended consequences to you not going.

You will never forgive yourself if you don’t go…sit somewhere else

It’s not about you woman! It’s for your daughter!!

Often, there is limited attendance available for friends/relatives of the grad. Sometimes, tickets are available for purchase. Wit just a few per. This may solve the problem for you to exclude him from attending. Either way, you really need to be there to watch your daughter receive her diploma… it should be easy to sit far away from him, should he turn up. Don’t let him rob you. And your daughter of this important milestone. You deserve to be there!

Also: if he’s such a deadbeat dad maybe he won’t even show up.

Just say you hate your ex more than you love your daughter…no one will judge you…

Just wow if u miss it its low of u

U can be at same place n be at 2diff side of the room

1 Like

This is her day and is not about you or him. You don’t have to sit with him or be near him, suck it up buttercup she will never forget it if you don’t go.

Yes you are completely wrong!!!

It’s her call and her graduation pull in your claws and ask friends to block him from approaching you and let him approach and congratulate her if that’s what SHE wants.

Just what you said be there for her

Noone and I mean no one would ever keep me from my child’s graduation

It’s about your daughter , if I was in her position I’d be guttered if my parents didn’t show up and for the most stupidest reason. She’s learnt to forgive and forget the past and Its about time you do to. Yous don’t even need to sit or even look at eachother :rofl:

So because u can’t get over the hurt , it’s ok to hurt your daughter? If u don’t go believe me you will regret it forever , I’ve been in your shoes !!

Yes you’re wrong. Your kids come first. You liked him enough at one point to have a baby with him. Time to grow up.

I couldn’t imagine how your daughter must be feeling. I bet her heart is broken.

I don’t have an answer for you, but when I was in high school my mom refused to attend a chorus concert because a boy I liked was going to be there. It still hurts me till this day but I understand why. The boy is no longer around but my mom will always be.

Why not sit in a different place. Sorry but that is an important thing in her life and your life why would you
Miss it for something so petty. Like it’s only a couple hours.

You’re wrong. You need to go for her. You don’t have to sit near the creep!

You do what you think is best for you and your daughter. If you think attending and seeing the father is going to create a scene maybe it’s best not to go but there are other options. You can book a seat a couple of spaces away from the father. You can give him time to bond with her on her terms which means walking away if they want to talk. You can go. Just know you don’t have to subject yourself to mental torture. Know when to walk away, know when to let them have time to talk things out, and know when you’ve had too much. Take deep breaths and maybe bring a relative as well. Someone who will not instigate things but support you in overcoming the mental battle of him being there. Your daughter is important and so are you. Find a way to make sure you support her and yourself at the same time.

Wow! It’s not about YOU! Your child should come first. No way I would miss it

You’re both wrong. Its her special day. Suck it up and be there for HER

You dont have to sit with him.

Can you trade seats with someone so you don’t have to sit together? If your daughter gets a certain number of tickets see if she can trade one with someone who only has one person going or get someone’s extra ticket?

Can you stand in the aisle or someplace else so you don’t have to see your ex? Or is it possible to dash in from outside the auditorium or stand to the side or elsewhere and only take your seat for her moment on the stage & skip the rest?

I recommend you get therapy to get over your bitterness. It’s a gift to yourself to not let him live rent-free in your head. If he’s such an awful person he has to live with himself and you don’t. Yay!

All I had to read was the first two sentences to determine YOU ARE DEFINITELY WRONG

I hate you’re going through this I know how you feel. My mom didn’t go to my high school graduation 22 years ago and I’m still sad about it. Don’t miss it

Graduations are big places go opposite side tell her to meet you somewhere after

You go, let him talk his mess or act out but DO NOT engage. Let Him make an arse of himself in front of everyone. All you have to do is don’t engage and walk away.

I don’t like my ex husband one bit but my grown child is hosting her first Christmas get together at her house. I will be a grown up and sit in the same room with the man I had my beautiful daughter with. Do I look forward to looking at him for a few hours, no I don’t? But it will make my daughter happy too see her parents getting along because it’s about her not me. See where I’m going with this. Grow up and go to the graduation!!!

Yes your wrong this is her day and it happens once put aside your feelings and consider hers.

You don’t have to sit near him ,or even have contact with him

Yes you are wrong, if she wants you both there then you should get over the issues and go

Put your big girl pants on! Put your differences aside and be there to support your daughter xx

All I can say is WOW what a mother you are.

Coming from a child with you divorced parents who hated each other and still do.  Go to the damn graduation and suck it up, and I mean that in the absolutely nicest way possible !
this completely sounds so shellfish to me. This is the biggest day of your daughters life right now if you want to put her in a position to pick a parent that is so wrong she should be celebrating with both of her parents both of you should be proud and happy of her and put your differences aside for your daughter be tge bigger person sit on the opposite side of the room whatever you need to do but go to the graduation and be there for your daughter. She needs both of you!

Yes your wrong…you had a child with this person, for good or bad your stuck with them. Suck it up, and go celebrate with your daughter!

Yes, you are completely wrong. And no way you try to justify it will change that.

You’re in the wrong. Your daughter has worked towards this for 12 years. You’ll regret not going.

I’m sure all graduations are different, but when my daughters graduated in 2021, they each got so many tickets for family, but there was no assigned seating. Call the school and see how they’re doing it. Maybe you can sit as far away from him as possible, but yes, you’re wrong for even considering not attending her graduation.

1 Like

Do you know how many people go to graduations?They usually fill stadiums. No one is making you sit next to him. If you see him go as far away from him as you can. Pretend he’s not there but go for you and your daughter, it’s a big deal that she’ll always remember.

1 Like

Do not let him take this from you or your daughter. Go and completely ignore him.

Agree with everyone else you were in the wrong how selfish can you be sure you can figure out how to not to sit next to each other and ignore each other for an hour

Yes you don’t have to sit by him

Kids come first. Put on your big girl panties and be there for your child. Get some therapy

Yea your wrong. Think this through before doing that to your daughter. Show up and be there, u don’t have to sit anywhere near the man. U don’t have to speak to him. If he tries to cause a scene u say this is not the time and place this is her special day and we will not ruin it. You acting this way is just as bad as him acting this way.

Grow up! You are exactly like my mom. What are you going to do when they have your grandbabies? Going to miss their 1st birthday because grandpa is there?

If you don’t show up there, don’t expect to be invited to any other big life events lmao. Childish