Am I wrong to not want my moms dog around my children anymore?

1st I wouldn’t own a dog that bit my grand. My grandkids are everything. My daughter can drop then on me in a New York minute & I would do everything possible to accommodate them. As a Nana there isn’t a single thing in this world I wouldn’t be rid of where the babies are concerned. Sorry you’re dealing with this.

7 Likes

You are kind of relying on them. Dogs are a lot more than just a pet, they are family…especially to older people. If you keep taking them their, the choice is yours. You cant hate that she has a dog. What is she supposed to do when the kids are not their? Its her companion. The kids are your life, not hers. Find alternative child care, if you cant or dont want to, then thats ur choice. I was there.

5 Likes

Maybe have them baby sit at your house. I don’t agree completely but it is there home and there dog. And people do choose there animals over there grandkids. Or over there mother. My daughter dogs are very rough. In loving you. They tare my skin. Jumping on me
So I don’t go over very often.

2 Likes

This is a tricky one, i say your right in not wanting your child/ren around dogs but you are wrong in trying to make someone else enforce it in their own home with their own animals and sorry but she is right she doesn’t have to look after your kids you really have 2 choices keep your kids at your sisters or pay bigger $$ to put them in childcare. Your sister is doing you a solid maybe try talking to your kids (im unsure of age) and explaining dog safety with them for example i have 2 kids and a dog my dog does not bite but if you are running around with food in your hands she will try to take it and sometimes accidentally bits so simple we have a no food outside rule unles our dog is in its own yard (we sectioned off a large part of the yard we put our dog in there when we have bbqs or picnics outside) so to stop bites happening i made sure my kids understood how to act around the dog. By no means am i saying it was your childs fault just saying try preventatives before demanding your sister change her dynamic in her home

6 Likes

Same thing happened with my son but my gramma put the dog away when he was around. If she wouldn’t have my kid wouldn’t be going around anymore. Not worth the anxiety it would put me through.

3 Likes

kids are stressful and grandparents are not daycare, its ok not shaming you I am a grandparent doing daycare but the expectation that they make the change to suit you is not realistic, your best bet would be to find different daycare and just let gramma be gramma, and forgive for the comments that were made in defense of her dog, in retirement your pets are your kids also sounds like food aggression, so put the food up and feed the dog when kido’s arent around, could ask her to try that if they are ok otherwise with the dog

1 Like

So what must your MIL do with the dog for 6 months? I can understand an afternoon visit here and there, but 6 mths!!

1 Like

The kids no longer go to their house & you could turn the dog in for bitting, (but you were nice enough not to) & they don’t get to come over without being invited!

I completely understand this mummy’s anxiety and if the kids were calling adhoc once in a while think the request would be reasonable. The situation changes though when you parents become the childcare for your children as they are doing you a massive favour and whilst you may not want the dog there you have chosen to use your mum rather than a childcare provider.
Two easy solutions either put the kids in daycare/childminder and stop having you parent do it. Still call and see them you will be there so no issue with the dog. Or you accept your mother’s terms as she is doing a massive favour and what would she do with the dog all day if they cannot be with her and the kids.

1 Like

Tbh i told my MIL if her dogs bit my son again she wouldnt have any. And my son got bit cause he got cornered in a dog fight. I have lowwwww tolerance for biting dogs and she knows that.

However she seems ungreatful too. If i had grandbabies id be taking them every chance i get.

You really can’t tell people what to do in there own house you can ask but that’s all . If you don’t like it then don’t take your kids over there when you aren’t there.

10 Likes

If there dog bit my kid oh hell no no more dog around my kid n if they choose fog then no more visits. Once a dog bites it will do it again

2 Likes

Find alternative child care and only allow visits at your house, kids come first and if she can’t understand that she doesn’t have to be involved.

2 Likes

If the parents don’t like it find free babysitters some where else

What is the dog’s breed?

My kids number one always

3 Likes

I’d find alternative childcare and limit visits to when you can be there.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I wrong to not want my moms dog around my children anymore? - Mamas Uncut

A dog that bites over food is likely resource guarding. This is a common factor in serious dog bite scenarios. I have Pitbulls and the first thing they learned was bite inhibition. You are absolutely correct to not want your children near the dog. It’s a safety issue. You’ll have to find a new sitter, if she can’t respect that.

10 Likes

A dog bite is NEVER ok. I can pull food out of my dogs mouth and they don’t bat an eye. Seriously there are some issues here!

18 Likes

The dog should never be allowed back around the child. If the behavior isn’t going to be corrected they are terrible pet owners anyways and should have the dog. I agree with you cuz where I live if a dog bites it doesn’t live anymore. I don’t personally agree with that but if a dog were to bite one of my children the dog would never be around them again

9 Likes

Find a new sitter. Sucks but truly will be for the best regardless. There’s so much that can typed out/discussed but long and short of it - someone else to watch the kiddos.

5 Likes

No, you are not wrong for feeling that way. If I were you I wouldn’t want that dog around my children either. One bite is one bite too many!
As far as your MIL acting like that in your home and being disrespectful… I think your SO needs to have your back and tell his Mother she needs to apologize to you. If she refuses, she shouldn’t be allowed back in your home or around your children. You are not obligated to continue having a relationship with toxic family members. Honestly, it sounds like you’d be better off not having your children around her anymore. God only knows how she treats them when you’re not around. I’d especially be worried if your kids are too young to tell you if they’re being mistreated.
You have every right to set boundaries with your in-laws and put your kids best interests first.

4 Likes

Well I kinda feel you are both in the wrong you went into her house making demands for no dog around your children and she went into your home with her issues about her dogs will not be locked away. Your bad day doesn’t mean hers wasn’t a bad day. It’s not healthy for your kids with the possibility of being bit and with the summer months and everything it wouldn’t be healthy to keep dogs lock away all day or outside and you are both being protective that’s natural. I would just look into finding a new sitter and if she asked why just let her know you are really concerned about the kids getting bit and since the dogs have to be out with the kids when they are with her that you and your SO feel the need to find childcare cause you want to avoid the possibility of an even worse dog bit compared to the last one.

10 Likes
  1. You’re always right when it comes to decisions about YOUR kids. No matter what. You’re their mom and choose what’s right for their well being no one else.
  2. I wouldn’t be happy either if she came in guns blazing to prove her point. Sounds more narcissistic to me than simply a dog issue. I would distance my family from them and ensure my family’s happiness and care came first. That’s the most important and not about how she feels.
1 Like

Find a new sitter. When she’s ready to apologize for being disrespectful then maybe you guys can put the incident behind you. And then only let the kids see her when you or your husband are present.

1 Like

Feel like there needs to be a little more insight on the situation. I don’t see anywhere in this post where the op is saying the mil was watching said child at her house. My daughter got bit in the eye by my mils English mastiff. Almost lost her vision. Had to get stitches on her eyelid it was literally hanging on. OFC my first reaction was kill it. But finding out what actually happened. My daughter had laid on him he growled and she continued. She begged me not to put her grandma’s dog down. Now if I had left out like the last 3 sentences everybody would be having a whole cow right ? I feel like we need to know how old your child is etc etc. Also ^ an above comment said something along the lines of maybe the dog isn’t around children often. If that was the case then why would the grandma allow the dog around the child? She’s still the grandma. At the time of my daughters incident we lived with my mil so tension was very high. Honestly she’s got 3 dogs and he wouldn’t be the one I’m worried about :upside_down_face: I guess all in all at the end of the day you know what’s best for your babies. I have been trying SO hard to really get it through my child’s head not to get into dogs faces and she STILL has to be told (she’s 7) yes the dog should be trained but stay on top of your kiddo too sometimes they really don’t understand that dogs can’t talk.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Why is she being disrespectful? It’s her house and the dog is part of her family. Yes, it’s absolutely acceptable for you to not want the dog around your children. But it’s also acceptable for her to not be able to accept your terms and keep her dog locked away all day while watching your kids. If ya’ll can’t come to an agreement then find a new sitter. But I wouldn’t lock my dogs away in a bedroom all day for anyone’s kids. I’m just saying.

32 Likes

If thats how she feels about the situation and you have the means I’d no longer allow them around my kids when I’m not there. I’d never let the dog around my kids after it bit them. Personally that’s the most disrespectful thing anyone can do and to allow a dog that bites around kids is completely unacceptable.

1 Like

I can rip food out of my dogs mouth and her not even flinch or bat an eye so yeah I would NOT allow the dog around the kids at all. You were very polite and asked for the dog to be put up unless you were around which I agree with 100% because you are mom!!

If u don’t want ur kids around the dog then find a new sitter ans be done with the situation it’s not that hard to cut ppl off if they can’t respect ur wishes

4 Likes

1st no your not wrong if he already bit your child 2) nobody’s going to come in my house and talk to me any way they want they can get the f out

1 Like

First off find a new sitter if that woman feels her dog means more to her then her Grandchildren do then enough said. Stop allowing her over your house, that is ur place of peace and security u dont have to allow that to be invaded by no one. Prayers for you and your family.

15 Likes

I don’t allow my sisters dog around my son because she has growled at him one too many times. You’re not wrong at all! One bite can mean a hospital trip and more conflict. Also your kid, your wishes so if they can’t respect that then I would find another sitter and only see them when you are present :blush:

6 Likes

It’s PERFECTLY FINE to now want her dogs around YOUR children. End of story. They’re your kids, your responsibility, and you don’t owe anyone a single explanation. I’d look into other daycare options. Best of luck momma!

15 Likes

You really can’t expect her to watch your children knowing you don’t trust the dog.she obviously isn’t worried so u need to find new childcare . Make it clear its not acceptable to come to your home and disrespect you

6 Likes

Get someone else to watch your children, you have to take their safety in mind first and foremost.

3 Likes

Don’t have them watch yr kids! I wouldn’t want the dog around them either, just have them come to yr house when they want to see the children or anywhere but there house! And being hand sanitizer

In defense of dogs who haven ot been around children they may not know its not ok it’s natural for a dog to get defensive over food. However that is owner job to train the dog not to do that. In addition it’s also the parents job to teach their child not to go play with a animals good while there eating. That’s not ok I feel like all are at fault here and communication is key. You you cannot come up with compromise then find new sitter. If parents are unwilling to compromise then they should not have your children unattended and if both parties are willing to teach the proper lessons then the child will continue and so will the dog. The child should not be touching the dogs food especially while the dog is eating.

11 Likes

For 1) said child should not be any where near dogs food, or near the dog while they (kids) are eating. That’s what tables are made for. I understand the safety aspect. I do. But it is her home. If it bothers you find a new sitter and quit complaining. Everyone has bad days. Children and animals can coexist without any problems, as long as the adults go the right way about teaching them not to poke and pry at the dog. Dogs are not for children to mess around with, they are family pets. If said child wants to pet the dog, make sure it’s in the living room and no where near food to avoid the biting again. You’re in the wrong for telling her how to do things in her home and then complaining about it when she snaps back at you in your home. She’s in the wrong for coming into your home and starting an argument with you. Things can be handled through compromise. My 6 month old bites, I still let him around people, I don’t lock him up. So you shouldn’t lock the dog up. Once is one thing. But if the dog bites again then I see a need for further action and safety procedures. Like I said above, find a new sitter if you really feel your children are in danger.

I can say a lot of things about this but to avoid getting myself upset because this hits close to home, I will just say this- if you call the sheriff over her dog biting YOUR CHILD, she will have that dog taken away and probably euthanized, and allowing that dog around your son is child endangerment.

Find a different sitter and only allow your kids around them at your house or when you are able to be there to supervise or ask them to watch your kids at your house.

That one bite could of cost your childs life.

You are not wrong it’s your kids your choice.

I would say confront her and tell her how you feel. They are your children you have the right to do anything that concerns their safety better safe than sorry. If she wants to be bitter let her if she can’t respect you are looking out for the safety of your child then maybe she shouldn’t watch your child.

3 Likes

If my dog bit my grandchild for any reason it would no longer be my dog its a fking dog that bites behind the wood shed it goes

2 Likes

First of all, if it’s this much of a problem about the dog find another sitter? That’s the solution??? No matter what kind of dog is it, kids should always be watched around dogs no matter what the age is, dogs have personalities they get angry they get irritated that’s why it’s always good to have supervision ?

2 Likes

Your kids safety comes first! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

5 Likes

What kind of grandma would want a biting dog near their grand babies??! She’s a disrespectful loon. I would not trust her with my kids,her judgement is :poop:.

So my ex friends dog attacked my best friends 15 yr old and knocked me 15 weeks pregnant at the time holding my 18 m old down bit into my friends daughter this old friend said her dogs not mean and bullied me on facebook and through texts needless to say she is no longer a friend and doesn’t get to see my kids anymore.

Second my mil is a bitch and was saying mean and aggressive shit while staying in my home got drunk and elbowed me in the belly 20 weeks pregnant and knocked my son down 4 times needless to say she is no longer around and will not see my kids until she can go get help.

You are not wrong that dog is not to be trusted and you mil shouldn’t be watching your kids if she can’t follow the rules

Eh. Id cut them off . theyre not blood if they cant accept simple boundaries then f em
and move on …but thats me . I suck at being a goody good in law whatever ya wanna call it . I take no sh** when its my kids under someone else’s watch and that is why i stay home.

A dog that didn’t bite a day in its life, ripped my face open at the age of 3 all from me petting the dog. I have a permanent scar on my face and almost went blind, it was my grandmother’s toy poodle. Now, I refuse to allow any dog I don’t know, and even dogs I do know near my son unless I’m right there. You are absolutely NOT in the wrong. For them to also think it’s appropriate to use something against you, like them watching your son, would have been it for me too. It’s a privilege number one to see and be around another person’s children, they should have zero control on what and how you choose to parent. If that’s how they acted, then they don’t deserve to be around in general. I suffered eight years of mental/emotional/verbal abuse from my husband’s family until he stood up, said something, and cut them off. My son is one and absolutely thriving. A lot of people feel obligated to others based on blood, and I’m telling you at the end of the day you don’t owe them anything. If they can’t respect you, your wishes, and your child’s safety then shame on them.

The dog bit your child over some food…did your child take food from the dog? If so, you need to teach your child to respect animals. Too many animals get blamed for bad behavior when it’s the result of bad behavior from the humans. With THAT being said…I don’t think you can expect your MIL to keep her dog away from your kids for expected periods of time on a regular basis. Is this dog locked in a room while your kids are there? Locked outside in the heat/cold? I understand the concern for your kids but I think it’s unrealistic. She’s doing you a favor by babysitting, paid or unpaid. Perhaps you should find another sitter, without pets.

12 Likes

Don’t ‘cut them off’, that’s extreme. Just don’t expect them to mind your children in future. Only visit together, or have them over. She is right, she doesn’t have to mind them but you are right to be concerned about the dog. Find a compromise that’s safe and less stressful for everyone.

4 Likes

No i would not send them back.

I don’t think you’re wrong for not wanting the dog around, but you can’t dictate what she does in her home. If you don’t like it, either compromise by having her watch the kids at your house or find someone else :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Find a new babysitter lmao

If you don’t like it get another sitter. It’s her house

1 Like

Is she babysitting full time?

Idwanna kill that dog. Your right!

2 Likes

Find someone else to watch the kids and dont send them. It doesn’t matter if they’re family or not- their dog has bit your child. If they dont take it seriously it will just happen again and it could be worse next time. No point in taking chances.
Also they way they came at you makes me wonder how your husband approached that conversation.

1 Like

I would not want the dog around after snapping at my kids. If its causing this much drama, just have somebody else watch your kids. If your kids are at their house all day that is a bit much for them to have their dog put away all day.

I’ll be the first to say I’m not a dog person. I try to be understanding of family members who have dogs and thankfully everyone in our family who have them are respectful and keep them contained however they see fit BUT if one of their dogs bit my child, it would absolutely 100% change everything.

1 Like

Don’t send them back, dog would have been given the sleep :syringe: if it had done that to my kids

She’s right in that she does not actually have to babysit your kids. She really doesn’t if your ultimatum is you watch my kids or I cut you off…then you may be a bit of the problem.
She’s also correct that as a human being herself she’s allowed to have bad days and be stressed out. Watching other people’s kids even kids you care about CAN be super stressful. It’s not that you don’t care about them it’s that it’s stressful. Hell my own kids stress me out sometimes.

Now. As far as the dog goes. I think it’s reasonable to ask that they separate your kids and the dog.
Without more details I won’t say that they’re intentionally picking the dog over the kids though…
Just remind her that as far as that goes separating them is for both the kids and the dog. If the dog bites someone enough to need to go to the doctor in some places the medical staff is required to report it and the dog then has to quarantined and then be put down. Even for example if the dog was just trying to defend itself.
The only exception I’ve seen is young puppies who are mouthing rather than actually meaning to bite/be aggressive. In those instances they try to treat humans like their litter mates because they don’t know different.

2 Likes

Ummm if you didn’t want your kids around the dog why on earth would you send them there???

12 Likes

You need a babysitter. Problem solved.

6 Likes

You said the dog bit your kid because of food…have you taught your kids how to behave with dogs? If you don’t want your kids around her dog…why keep sending them there? Find a new sitter. You can’t and shouldn’t expect your in laws to keep their dog locked away because your kids are there.

6 Likes

My dog growls at my kids when they go near him and he’s eating. Guess what? They leave him alone when he’s eating. People need to teach their kids how to behave around and respect animals as well.

7 Likes

Go get daycare, work an extra job if you have to. Don’t trust a dog that bites kids. You won’t regret this decision. Your home, your rules.

2 Likes

It’s hard to make demands when she is providing childcare for you. Get a different babysitter and plan your visits in a way that doesn’t include the dog; maybe going out to lunch or at your house. It’s completely reasonable to keep your kids away from a dog with a history of biting, regardless of the reason for the bite.

It’s her house, if she doesn’t want to put the dog away then you make the choice to not have her watch the kids. Or ask if she would watch them at your house. Sadly she’s not wrong. Was it an isolated incident. Does he snap if it doesn’t involve food? How old is the kid? You have to respect people, their houses as well as her respecting your feelings but you can’t make the rules in someone else’s home, especially if they’re doing you the favor. Is she watching the kids because your having a bad day? Sounds like theirs more to the animosity other than the dog.

4 Likes

If the dog has been an issue then you should probably find someone else to watch your children that doesn’t have a dog. Time to pay for daycare.

2 Likes

If you’re worried about the dog being around your kid, don’t take your kid there. That is the dogs house. I personally would bring the dog outside if that were an option while the kid was there but not everyone is like that. And as sad as it is that a grandparent wouldn’t want to spend time with their grandchild, they have the right to not “babysit” them if they don’t want.

2 Likes

I think you need to grow up
Get another sitter you have to pay. My guess is you get it for free there.

4 Likes

What did the kid do to the dog, number one question?

5 Likes

As a Grandmother I want my grandchildren to spend time with me, I would be happy to make sure the children are safe.

2 Likes

I mean I agree with you but she is watching your kids. It would be hard for her to do that and have her dog locked up all day. Id see if maybe she’s okay with coming to your house as a compromise

Dogs are animals and being so are not trustworthy. People are people are just people and being so are unpredictable. Find another babysitter

Id first ask if the dog is aggressive normally and was the child teasing the dog with food? as a grandmother myself who does babysit daily, I make sure that she [Emma] is not near the dogs while theyre eating and she is not allowed to climb on them or tease them

Sounds like you got some growing up to do.

3 Likes

Grandparents dont have to watch their grandchildren they do it out of love…find a babysitter…

1 Like

There are constant stories on the news of dog attacks. Just the past few months I can think of at least 3 local cases and one of the children was killed so I get it. I would find a babysitter and let the grandparents be grandparents who get visits from the whole family so you can watch your kids while they’re there and if it’s shorter visits your MIL may feel more inclined to put the dog in her room or somewhere while you’re there.

1 Like

I would teach your children boundaries with pets. Especially when the dog has food. If it was a bite out of no where, that would be a very different story.

If you do feel uncomfortable, I would suggest looking into daycare. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yeah, but what did your kid do to the dog? Was it the dogs food and the kid was near the bowl? Was the kid trying to give the dog some of his food? There’s missing parts and I think that was done purposely.

2 Likes

I mean the dog BIT a child. It’s a safety issue. You have to make sure the kids are safe first and foremost. That’s more important than money or hurting feelings or any other consideration here.

I’d find different childcare.

1 Like

These are your in-laws not a child care and you don’t say your paying them. So you have some brass balls telling them that your child should come first over their dog in their own home??? Babies put thier hand down with food, my son feeds basically his whole meal to our dog, I’m surprised he hasn’t bit him they are dogs. Most people see their dogs as members of the family and companions, you didn’t say your child went to the er or was bleeding it sounds like it was a nip. Take your child to a daycare where your paying for a service, but don’t be surprised when your kid comes home with a actual bite from another kid, or missing some hair over a fight over a toy, shit happens and the sooner you learn that the better or your going to be one stressed momma. I wouldn’t tell your husband to cut contact either unless you want resentment and never ending fights. I get you want to protect your kid but this isn’t that situation, just don’t take your kid over there until their older because once they are older the kid does way worse to the animal, my son thinks our dog is a horse and keeps trying to pull onto his thing the works so it’s a give and take.

If the dog draws blood, it has to be reported anyway. Was that first bite reported? She wont want her dog around the kids if THAT keeps happening.

Actually she’s very wrong she doesn’t belong coming in your house to redirect you like you’re a child. Because she couldn’t control her dog and it bit your child that’s not your fault but you were trying to find a solution for it un like her who said it’ll just be how I say it is until the dog bites again and then she feels bad. that’s an issue that you’ll have to deal with if her dog continues to bite your child not her she just going to sit on the sidelines and be like oh my God my poor grandbaby LOL. I wouldn’t have her babysit my kids anymore if she acts like they’re so stressful because you know they say animals pick up on what their owners feel. They raised their kids so if it’s too stressful for her taking care of more then tell her you’ll simply not burden her with that anymore because she can’t do as you respectfully ask her to do anyways because it’s not even anything for you or anything ridiculous is to protect your child from being bitten because she doesn’t know how to properly train her dog

2 Likes

I’d definitely find a sitter elsewhere! My moms dog bit my little girl and i make it very clear the next there will be consequences. Luckily my mom agrees and she keeps the dogs away from the kids (he’s very old)

1 Like

My grandchildren and great grandchildren come first in my family and I love my dogs but why can’t she have both use a cage and train her dog how to act around children if she were to have company with a child it could turn out bad

1 Like

I mean did the dog bite bite the kid or nip at it for something? You sound ungrateful to be honest… u either trust them to watch the kids or u don’t and if u do then u don’t get to dictate what happens in their house. If u don’t the kids don’t need to be there at all.

3 Likes

number one- you should never forget to take your meds, number 2- I would have to ask ,your son teasing the dog with some food & the dog bite his hand, not on purpose but to just get the food??? Because if a dog was really bad, just a little bite would not be all what the dog would have done,!!! So relax, And as your MIL said, I don’t blame her one bit, Why should she have to choose between a dog that she has had for a while & is with everyday & loves over you making her choose , so she can see her grandkids. Now if the dog just attacked your son, or went up to him & bit him, then I can see you really being upset, But I would need all the facts, I knew my sister’s granddaughter went & teased & was really mean to the great grandmothers dog. She (the dog) tried staying away from her, but the kids was very annoying & the dog did snap at her a few times, until the great grandmother would just put the dog outside in the yard to get away from the kid, So when I brought my grandson over she was worried the dog would also do the same thing, except my grandson was sweet & didn’t annoy the dog/dogs & all they did was lick him continuously :slight_smile: And as for the given them a choice, I will agree & disagree,

2 Likes

First off, I’m a dog lover, that being said, people keep asking what the child did to the dog, I get it, but under no circumstance is it ok for a dog to attack. My daughter was when she was about 4, the dog got her in the face to the point I could see her cheek bone, after the hospital and 90 stitches later, I found out she hit it with a stick because it was eating our dogs food. She was wrong but at the same time so was the dog, my daughter in law had one, ( they live with us) beautiful dog, but she started getting aggressive and when she snapped at my daughter in law, I told her Zoey had to go cause I wasn’t taking a chance of her turning on my granddaughters

4 Likes

Teach your kids to respect animals( not messing with them while They’re eating) if shes watching your kids and you dont want them around the dog, find a new babysitter. Its the dogs house.

9 Likes

Keep your kids safe, period!! Idc how pissed off they get. You don’t need toxic ppl around your kids anyway. If they can’t respect your wishes, keep your kids at home and tell them they can visit there.

4 Likes

Absolutely not!!! Your kid, your rules, period.

2 Likes

So given your admitted mental health struggles, I do believe it truly has been the most stressful 6 months of your MIL’s life. A bite and a snap are two different things, you didn’t mention a doctor visit or bleeding or anything that would make me concerned about this “bite”… if your MIL has pets, then she obviously loves them too and are probably part of her family (like a child) and it would be hard for any pet owner to put their dog/cat up for hours a day for someone else child. If they have safely removed what caused the last incident, and are watching the child and dog closely then what’s the problem? You obviously let your child keep going over there after the “bite” and you obviously trust them to watch your child daily, so you should trust their decision making around your child, right? They kept the dog away for a while and probably think it’s time to try again, they can’t keep them apart forever. Also, I don’t like how you use not taking your medicine “today” as some excuse… medicines build up in your bloodstream, especially those for mental illness and it would take 3-7 days without it for you to start experiencing mental illness symptoms. The “I forgot my meds so I went off on people” thing doesn’t fly with people who know how medicine works. Starting off with that to gain a sympathy card is a bad look and false, at that.

11 Likes

How do your kids act around animals? Are they wild and always trying to pull it’s ears or tail? I see all the time kids mistreating dogs and bothering them and parents think it’s funny until the dog bites them or snaps at them! I honestly would spank the kids that do that! Just my opinion!!

7 Likes

People need to teach their children discipline and not trying to blame the dog! Dogs are more disciplined than children these days so I honestly think it’s the child and parents fault!!!

2 Likes