Am I wrong to think people who attend baby showers should only buy things from the registry?

Am I wrong for feeling that if people don’t buy off of the registry for the baby shower that I made specifically of things my baby and I will NEED and guest choose to buy other things that we didn’t ask for, we should receive receipts so we can return the items we don’t need and get what we actually need and asked for in the first place? I want the bottles I asked for that will feed my baby daily. I don’t want those onesies you thought were so cute but may not be in my taste for what I feel comfortable with my child wearing. I want the crib mattress that I chose that my baby will sleep on every night (hopefully). I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I personally feel that baby showers are to benefit the mother and father by saving them money in the long run, correct? But if no one is buying what the mother and father need off of the registry and then the mother and father have to go buy it themselves anyway, it defeats the purpose of the baby shower, to begin with. Am I wrong?

1140 Likes

I think so. You are supposed to take what you get and appreciate it. Its the thought that counts.

34 Likes

Sounds very ungrateful

13 Likes

I’m glad that people don’t always stick to the registry. I had people get me things I completely forgot to register for or didn’t even cross my mind to get.

16 Likes

Jesus what happened to been grateful :zipper_mouth_face: I think u turning into the grinch a few months early lol

8 Likes

You can always donate what was given as a GIFT :gift: and buy your own :poop::woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

This is the most stuck up and ungrateful thing someone has asked on here​:joy::woman_facepalming::joy::woman_facepalming::joy::woman_facepalming:

17 Likes

You are a horrible ungrateful entitled bitch

Wow. That’s pretty ungrateful. Just be happy they were gracious enough to get you anything.

9 Likes

When did people become so ungrateful and ungracious? Sigh.

9 Likes

Baby showers are not gift grabs. No one is obligated to buy your kid crap. They are bringing you a gift You are wrong

18 Likes

You’re being selfish. If people buy something for your baby you should be grateful they even got anything at all. After all, it’s not the guests responsibility to buy everything you need for your baby.

17 Likes

I agree that those types of gifts should come with reciepts but a baby shower is to celebrate the new life not buy you shit. That’s your responsibility since you made the baby.

Maybe “your taste” is expensive. You should buy the necessity items yourself… if you want something specific. Other wise, just be grateful anyone is buying you anything. Its YOUR baby YOUR responsibility… baby showers are a luxury.

19 Likes

If your baby needs things so badly from the registry get them your damn self

Well in reality they don’t have to buy anything :woman_shrugging: I would say it is ungrateful to expect anything especially only things you want.

9 Likes

Then buy your own child things he or she needs. You sound like a stuck up, spoiled brat.

5 Likes

Yes to the last question you asked in this post.

Uh… ungrateful much??? Damn!! Lol

Yeah I wouldn’t even have a baby shower then. I’ve had 3 and no one has ever bought anything off it!

2 Likes

Happened to me. I got enough clothes to clothe 4 kids, but the actual stuff I needed about 70% of my registry was untouched. BUT I appreciated all the clothes, and was able to get what I needed. And guess what? Half the stuff they tell you that you need, you can get by without. Crib, blankets, diapers, bottles, wipes clothes, car seat, baby tub, monitor, bouncer, diaper bag and stroller were the things I used the most.

I wouldnt buy you shit with that attitude. Selfish

1 Like

A baby shower is to SHOWER THE BABY WITH GIFTS OF LOVE. If you get things you need great, but its not just for those things. And its not about saving you money - its not the guests job to supply you with everything you need.

11 Likes

You sound like a total brat. It’s your baby and nobody’s responsibility but yours to provide what you NEED. You better learn that now and be happy for every ounce of help you get.

30 Likes

Wowwwwwww… YOU are suppose to provide the things needed for baby. The shower should be extra help, and you should be grateful for whoever comes and if you get a gift or not.

I cant even believe this post. Lol

5 Likes

Wow. Ungrateful. You should be happy people are actually spending their money on you and your baby when they don’t have to.

7 Likes

Baby showers are NOT to help pay for shit for a child you made and chose to keep
They are gifts for the BABY

Personally, I think this is a terrible attitude to have. Many times people are buying you things that they found extremely useful with their newborns, and products that they couldn’t have done without and think you’ll find useful. I know when I had my daughter much of what I’d registered for I didn’t end up using or needing as much as I thought I would, but products I hadn’t registered for that people got me came in extremely useful.

11 Likes

Just appreciate that people want to buy your baby things. You sound ungrateful and childish. If there are specifics that you want, buy it yourself and don’t rely on other people for your child.

10 Likes

Wow if you are like that then i suggest you to buy your own items

10 Likes

Baby showers are about celebrating the baby. No one else decided to have a kid they don’t have to get you anything. Be glad they want to celebrate your pregnancy and your journey to motherhood. Registries are for ideas not a shopping list.

19 Likes

I feel that that’s entirely ungrateful, and selfish. If you are so picky, you can buy the stuff yourself.

5 Likes

I would hate to be your friend.

*runs to Facebook to be ungrateful for people even spending their money on you in the first place"

haven’t you ever learned the phase "gifts are accepted (appreciated) NOT EXPECTED.

17 Likes

Hf. Real ungrateful. You don’t like that they buy you give them to someone else fortunate. Wow.

6 Likes

Ever hear the phrase don’t look a gift horse in the mouth? You get something you don’t want or need …bless a local crisis nursery with it

5 Likes

I’m not sure if you are serious or not? You can’t really be this entitled? People should bring whatever the hell they want and the person receiving the gifts should be grateful

16 Likes

I mean… if someone buys some crap bottles or crap mattress… I’m returning that stuff and getting what I specifically want. All those clothes you don’t want or need… yep, returning that too.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re wrong :rofl::woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

No be grateful that people is buying u stuff

4 Likes

Wow ungrateful and entitled! I was spoiled on my baby shower and I appreciated everything I got! And I sent thankyou cards to everyone. I would never dream of these registry things for anything! That’s not the point of a gift. It’s a list of I wants.

23 Likes

Maybe they can’t afford to buy from list ???

8 Likes

Uhhhh. What? You don’t need a shower, just go buy your own stuff.

7 Likes

I had a lot of stuff on my registry that I wanted but didn’t get. There were also things on it that I wanted, and they them bought from somewhere else. Just because someone brings a gift that wasn’t on your registry, doesn’t mean it defeats the purpose. I got multiple of items, I had 3 baby safety groom sets. I kept all of them Incase I lose one set. You should be grateful that they get you items that you’re going to NEED or that they think you’ll need, regardless of how you feel about it.

2 Likes

Sounds a bit ungrateful to me… Some people may only be able to get what they can afford. And there’s also a saying you take what you get and don’t throw a fit.
Of you don’t like it donate it then.

10 Likes

Hey take what you get and smile be thankful you got anything

8 Likes

You sound very ungrateful and very picky and materialistic I’m stuff particular too, however be thankful people are going out of their way to get your child something. Perhaps your price range for basic things are way out of asking range. New born babies grow very fast. No need for super exspencive clothing they will hardly wear. Get a grip mama!

7 Likes

Wow. Ungrateful brat.

9 Likes

Buy your own stuff. You’ll get exactly what you want.

19 Likes

Not everybody can afford what’s on a registry, I created mine so that me and my husband don’t lose track of what we need and already have, baby showers mostly are for diapers, wipes, and those cute onesies. Not for people to buy that expensive shit on it. Sounds like you shouldn’t of had one and bought everything yourself or set up a “fund” type registry where people could just donate and save them the time wasted at a persons baby shower who wasn’t even happy about what she did get :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Yes you are wrong how is it your friends and family job to buy you the stuff that you want for the baby you wanted take what you get and be grateful you are selfish and disrespectful and if you had done that to me I would of took the shit back myself and told you to fuck off sham on you

I mean, shopping for someone’s baby should be fun, but I do agree with you in a way too. But you should just be thankful that someone was thoughtful enough to get you anything

2 Likes

Yes you sound ungrateful and entitled🤷🏼‍♀️

7 Likes

U don’t want much do u ? Ungrateful much ?
And the bottles to feed ur baby is essential that’s ur responsibility not everyone else’s responsibility to feed and clothe ur child u sound like a spoilt brat with a massive sense of entitlement grow up and buy ur own stuff if u ain’t happy with what u get . Where I live no one has baby showers we buy our own things for our own babies :roll_eyes:I really hope u change ur self entitled attitude very soon or ur poor child will grow up to be just as spoilt as u are I’m in disbelief

5 Likes

If you don’t like what other bought you just buy YOUR baby things then lol wow this post is crazy.

3 Likes

Very ungrateful! If they only reason you’re having the shower is to get what you want then just buy your own stuff

3 Likes

Wow is all I am going to write! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yikes entitled attitude. I have a feeling you’re the type begging for everyone to fund your entire pregnancy and child’s life for free

7 Likes

I mean my daughter got boy onsies. And they were great for under her pj’s. :woman_shrugging:

Maybe be thankful? If you want to be that specific then don’t have a shower. Don’t expect someone else to. The registry is ideas for guests not the Bible.

3 Likes

A baby shower is to celebrate the baby. Lol. Not for gifts. They’re just a part in some of them if guests so choose. This is greedy and ungrateful

7 Likes

Babies=expensive parents=responsible for buying that shit

Wow, I wouldn’t even want to go to your shower. Ungrateful…

3 Likes

Funnily enough. People don’t HAVE to buy you anything.

7 Likes

Wow. I’m just going to leave it at, wow.

3 Likes

People will buy what they can afford. If i look at someones registery and they have a $20 bottle do you think they are getting that bottle? Nope

3 Likes

Baby showers are to celebrate your baby, they’re for them. Not you.

2 Likes

You sound ungrateful. Buy your stuff then spoiled brat

5 Likes

Oh my, be grateful anyone gets you anything.

3 Likes

How do you know what YOU picked will work for the baby?

3 Likes

Welll. My daughter is pregnant now and I told her when she was setting up her registry that the items on there give people an idea of what she needs and her sense of style…I am so glad I raised her to be grateful for anything she does receive.

8 Likes

Buy your own shit then…

No think you should be glad you get anything.

1 Like

Eww that’s a gross attitude to have. People didn’t have to buy you anything at all. Maybe some people can’t afford the $50 bottles you wanted. If you want only what you want, then I suggest you buy everything yourself. People aren’t obligated to purchase everything on your list. Be thankful you received what you did. So ungrateful

28 Likes

Shankeria Chastine. Olivia Chavez. I wonder what you would say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao. Entitled much?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: what happened to being grateful for what you get? THE THOUGHT IS WHAT COUNTS. Go buy your own stuff if you want to be a brat about it :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I would appreciate what was given to me. If I wanted my baby to have something specific that I like, I would buy it.

1 Like

Same girl!! I think people just get excited when they see baby stuff. I literally had to go out and buy sheets, blankets, mattress covers and return a bunch of clothes I didn’t want/need/like. And it wasn’t about the price, because I was registered at Babies R Us and Amazon.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with whatever I got. Its our job as the parent to get some of those items. A baby shower is to celebrate the baby. Be grateful.

1 Like

Hope you dont raise the baby to have this mindset

3 Likes

There was a time when there were no registries… People bought or gave baby stuff because they wanted to. Most of it was hand me downs passed from kid to kid forever.

2 Likes

I buy what I really like and let my guest know what I already have.(Since Almost Everyone Usualy Asks AnyWays) I like other moms ideas because some times they know more helpful items/ tricks that I dont. Plus anything or nothing is welcome I enjoy my last party since I won’t be seeing ppl for a while as I like to enjoy my first 2 months in peace getting to know my babies.

I’m gonna be the one to say that I NEVER look at registries or gift lists, and I dont make them either. I go to the store and I put a lot of time and thought into what I get someone for a gift. It might not be what you thought you needed, but it is what I thought you could use. If I find out you took it back because it wasnt what you wanted, i wont buy you anymore gifts. The whole point of a gift is the thought that someone puts into it. You can give me suggestions, but I’m ultimately gonna buy what I decide is the best gift. The whole point of a gift is for it to be a surprise, otherwise you’re just giving your friends your shopping list and wanting them to buy it for you. All those things that you feel that you have to have are YOUR responsibility to get.
…and baby showers are for your family and friends to celebrate you having a baby, before you’re stuck in the house with a newborn and dont want a lot of visitors. If you go into just thinking about what you’re gonna get out of it, you’re gonna end up disappointed.

10 Likes

IMO, a baby shower is for celebrating a new life. I don’t care about the gifts, they are optional. Close to when you are due, most registries give you a coupon so whatever isn’t bought off the registry yet is cheaper.

2 Likes

This maybe the most disgusting post I’ve ever read in this group.

8 Likes

Be grateful that people are being helpful & buying you things at all. If it isn’t your taste, or something you truly can’t use, then return it, but don’t expect that everyone will shop your registry! It just doesn’t happen.

4 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers. You probably got stuff for Christmas you didn’t put on your wishlist. Be grateful.

7 Likes

I agree with you. I don’t care what anyone else says. You want what you want and there’s nothing wrong wrong with that. Registries typically have things of all prices so there’s something for every budget. For instance, I spent lots of time looking for the perfect high chair that would fit in the small space I had. If someone chose to buy me the high chair of their liking it truly wouldn’t fit and therefore wouod be a waste. I always buy off registries. I soent lots of time researching car seats and decided on one. I wouldn’t want any other one. What we did was make all the large purchases(crib, car seats, mattress) on our own to avoid this problem.

2 Likes

A baby shower is a gathering to celebrating a new life that is coming. You are presenting with gifts people have put their though into getting for said baby. Those who cannot afford what u want will compensate and get what they can afford. U might not even receive a gift from everyone you invite. U might not get anything at all from your registry. They are solely suggestions as to what u are wishing for… that’s it.

8 Likes

This is why I never make a registry🤷🏾‍♀️ very few people actually buy off of it so I’m not wasting my time with it. But she does sound a little ungrateful. Maybe it’s her first pregnancy. Just stick with a diaper drive doll lol

6 Likes

I take it I’ve never been to a baby shower nor do u have any kids! Take what u get and be grateful that u got anything at all. Some mothers don’t have a CHOICE some mothers don’t even have a baby shower. Be grateful!

114 Likes

A new baby is an exciting time for your family and friends as well as you. They want to participate and show love to your child in their own ways. Family traditions they have or ways they want to bond with the child. For instance I hate the raggedy Ann doll but I had one family member who bought her dolls and books from the series because that’s what they remember as a fond childhood memory and want to share that connection with my child. I wasn’t thrilled but accepted graciously. That family member has now passed away unexpectedly and my daughter now plays with those dolls and wants me to read her the stories. It helps us stay connected to our loved one.

It’s nice to get stuff you want off the registry but if someone gets something you know you won’t use just thank them…return it for a store credit and buy what you really wanted.

7 Likes

I rarely buy gifts from the registry. I make each baby a blanket, and hat(s). There isn’t a receipt to give for the love that is poured into a special gift. If anyone asked me where their registry gift was when I gave mine, I’d never speak to them again.

26 Likes

You sound horrible…a gift is a gift…not an obligation…be happy you get anything…absolutely reched…!

37 Likes

Babies don’t care what they wear.

10 Likes

I think you should defo write on the invite it’s registry items only it that’s what you want. Have things in all price ranges for people who have a low budget.
But if you didn’t write it on the invite and you recieved other things then that’s your fault and you should be grateful.

4 Likes

Maybe just be grateful for anything you get. Ive never known anyone to even have a gift registry :joy:

18 Likes

A baby shower is for people that care about you to celebrate the life of your child…not gimme gimme

21 Likes

Personally, I usually choose to give cash or gift cards/certificates as shower gifts, but you need to remember that you are very, very lucky and blessed to be in the situation that your child will most likely have anything and everything it needs. Too many people aren’t nearly as lucky as you

9 Likes

Sooooo, you don’t always get everything on your registry, even if people buy from your registry. People will give you a gift based on what you can afford. I would never expect big ticket items to be purchased for me, I prepared to buy them myself.

4 Likes

You sound like a brat! People are not OBLIGATED to buy YOUR child anything! If you’re worried about what other people are going to buy the baby, maybe have a diaper party (people only buy diapers, wipes and bath items) instead of a baby shower and then you can go out and buy exactly what you want for your child! If this is your first child… good luck to ya! If this isn’t your first child, you should already know how expensive a baby is and you should be appreciative of whatever anyone gets the baby!

58 Likes