Am I wrong to think people who attend baby showers should only buy things from the registry?

Lol, holy crow. People don’t have to spend money on a child that isn’t theirs they are doing it out of love… be grateful they get you something or don’t get anything at all.

13 Likes

You sound awful entitled. Be grateful for what you get

6 Likes

I wouldn’t stress about if it’s not on the list because chances are the items you think your baby is going to love or you like… they will probably hate… including specific soothers bottles etc! It’s good to have different sections incase the ones you chose weren’t working out

1 Like

Sounds like you want your friends to buy everything your baby needs so you don’t have to buy anything. Sorry but you sound like a spolit little girl.

19 Likes

Yes, you are wrong. All you will really need are diapers, gowns, and a car seat.

1 Like

Personally be grateful they got you anything, most of the time you can take things back without a reciept Or you can just not have a baby shower since you are not very appreciative.

3 Likes

Did you ever stop to think maybe people cant afford the things you chose on your registry? You sound like such an ungrateful brat. Just be happy that they are giving you something instead of nothing. Smh buy everything you want yourself if it’s that big of an issue.

10 Likes

Maybe for you want to be picky, picky you should buy the stuff yourself.

3 Likes

Honestly I felt the same way. I allowed guests to buy off the registry but STRONGLY encouraged people to buy off our registry. And I made sure people didn’t double buy and checked the registry before buying off the registry. If someone wants to help a mom to be then they should buy what they asked for. For example, if you’re breastfeeding, asking for specific bottles for pumping is necessary. If someone doesn’t look into that and just buys any bottle, it’s never going to be used so why buy it? I may be one of the few that agrees with this but if someone isn’t willing to check my registry first i would rather they buy nothing. Your company is wanted first and foremost but if you’re considering a gift, you should consider the mother’s wishes. She may want specific items for a reason. Why would you want your gift to go to waste? I had items ranging from $1 to hundreds. So people can afford to buy certain items (those protective covers for outlets for example) but I don’t blame you for wanting people to follow a registry. Why do people create registries if people don’t follow them? Clothes is one thing. Bottles, necessities, etc is another ball game. I can’t even explain how many items I got I’ll never use. I don’t WANT others to waste their money. It’s the same thing as birthdays. If I bought any random thing for someone instead of what they asked for, it would just feel uncomfortable. If you know what they want strive for that! I was more okay with getting nothing than getting what I specifically asked not to get.

1 Like

Omg :flushed: I cannot believe what I just read here. Be grateful your getting gifts and aren’t a single mother doing it alone with no family. Be happy you have the option of celebrating the joy of a baby coming into your family. Jesus. I understand being frustrated but this is just bad taste.

5 Likes

Seriously?? I am happy that people get my baby anything at all… not everyone can afford to get the things people put on a registry…

3 Likes

Disgusting behavior. This is what’s wrong with this world.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t buy your ungrateful ass anything! You are just a snot plain and simple.

Um you sound fun… maybe you shouldn’t have a baby shower? Or put a clause at the bottom of the invitation that says “all gifts purchased generously by you that are not from our registry will be donated to people who need them and will be grateful for them!”

3 Likes

I know a few mother’s that had there baby with nothing. I know your not trying to be but it is ungrateful.

2 Likes

Yes very wrong be thankful for what you get.I donated the things I got at my baby shower that I didn’t want or need.

1 Like

Yes. You are wrong. No one HAS to buy you anything

1 Like

Save the pacies for yourself. You obviously need them more than the baby

9 Likes

I’m sorry but you sound like a total spoilt A hole.

3 Likes

Yes you’re wrong. Registries are supposed to give an idea of what you need and like to people who may wish to purchase something for you. Buying from a registry or buying anything at all is completely optional.

2 Likes

I have 3 kids and have never done a baby registry or wanted a baby shower. I made the baby so I can buy the things I needed for the baby. I didn’t feel the need to depend on others to buy anything. I did have a surprise baby shower for my first child, thrown by my co workers at the time, and the presents they gave me were very much appreciated. I just don’t see the need to put a $1k stroller or a $500 car seat on a registry for someone else to buy me. If I were to do a registry I wouldn’t put big ticket items and would be grateful for anything I received even if I didn’t end up using it. That’s when you donate to a new mom in need who would use the item(s).

3 Likes

Baby showers are to celebrate the baby… I never get whats on the registry. I use the registry to get ideas. My oldest son we had everything, so we told people to bring beer something to just celebrate him rather than support him. We still got a few gifts and we donated what we couldnt use or donated/returned what we had bought to use what was gave to us. Be grateful. A gift is out of the heart, not a list

1 Like

I have never felt compelled to buy things only off the registry, nor have I ever expected people to buy me things only off a registry. What if some kind person wanted to get you something but couldn’t afford anything left on the registry? Grow up. Women that are going to be moms acting like children themselves. Be grateful for every gift, no matter how big or small and whether it is on your registry or not.

I suggest you skip having a baby shower if you plan to be entitled and ungrateful. Buy your own stuff and you’ll get what you want. If you can’t afford the things you want why would you expect someone else to get them? It’s actually YOUR job to buy YOUR child what they need, if anyone gets you anything BE THANKFUL!

16 Likes

I agree to an extent that it is there for a reason, however some people can’t afford to shop for what you want or they saw a onesie that made them think of you. It’s about celebrating you and your baby and gifts aren’t required either.

1 Like

Nobody but mom and dad should buy the carseats and crib/crib mattress cause those two things are way too much money for other people to buy for a baby shower. You should be grateful people are even buying you things even especially right now during a pandemic when some people aren’t even working. If u want to make a huge fuss over bottles and a crib mattress buy them yourself especially the mattress which is sometimes 60-100$. And also the onesies u don’t like cause they’re not your taste well guess what honey it’s not about you at all whatsoever it’s about the baby that’s being born :woman_shrugging:t3:You sound very entitled and think everyone should do what u want tbh. And no a baby shower is about the gifts or saving u money it’s to celebrate the life of a new baby that’s it :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: you should learn to be grateful and appreciative instead of a ungrateful unappreciative b*tch

5 Likes

You sound ungrateful af tbh. I understand wanting certain things for your child, I did too, so i provided those things for my child and I. like most people do considering it is you and your kid that need it :woman_facepalming: no one has to do anything for you, not even your friends and family members and anything they do decide to do for you or your child is out of the kindness of their hearts. You dont have the right to expect anything, let alone be mad about not getting what you wanted. Your about to have a baby girl you need to grow up :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

A registry for baby showers?! Has the world gone mad?! People are so entitled. Baby showers should be about celebrating your pregnancy, playing silly games & eating waaay too much cake! Expecting people to buy for you from a list! Maybe I’m old fashioned :woman_shrugging: Your whole post is disgusting to me

7 Likes

You sound entitled as hell. I personally wouldn’t buy you anything after reading this. Since you’re so picky I’m sure you will figure it out :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Soooooo selfish! u don’t deserve friends at your shower if thats how u treat them

5 Likes

Also the baby shower is for your baby, not you lol. It’s to help you guys out.

I am not able to have a baby shower this year. So a gift of anykind for baby would be amazing. People dont have to buy a thing at all.

2 Likes

You are not totally wrong, but I think it would be really petty to ask for receipts to return gifts. the big ticket items are things you will have to save for… the baby does not need a crib mattress anytime soon, trust me :sweat_smile: Typically family members purchase the big ticket items, is that not the case? Those things really aren’t that expensive and won’t take you long to save for.

You should gratefully and graciously accept any gift you are given!

I feel like you sound extremely ungrateful. However, most stores will accept returns without receipts you just get store credit. . Not cash. Be grateful that you’re able to even have a baby shower, especially during this time where a lot of women weren’t able to.

I don’t buy people what’s on their registry. I’ll buy whatever gift I want to buy. Don’t like, too bad for you. be thankful you even got a gift. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Honestly I’d be thankful anyone buys anything. If you want specific items not everyone’s made of money u should purchase them

3 Likes

You’re an ungrateful bitch and deserve nothing :rofl: idc how mean I sound. Truth​:v:

Sometimes by the time I get to the store everything affordable on the registry is gone and if you think I’m spending more than $30 on a baby shower unless it’s someone really special to me…just so the parents don’t have to buy their own $120 bouncer then you’re just fooling yourself. Shut up and enjoy your basket of soaps and lotions

13 Likes

This makes me sad. Hopefully, you read all these comments and change your attitude before your child arrives. Every generation seems to be more and more ungrateful and entitled. How sad for your child if this is your way of thinking :disappointed:

7 Likes

Nothing was bought of my registry with both of my kids and ppl bought what they could afford and even tho they bought stuff that they saw/like/or could afford it still helped me a lot you sound very selfish and ungrateful least those people got you a gift at all cuz the baby shower is to celebrate and “shower” the baby

1 Like

As ungrateful as this post is…I have tons of young child experience and like to gift those items for a later baby/toddler stage… Baby will grow faster than any parent is prepared for also sippy cups can introduced around 6months people tend to not look that far ahead in baby stages.

3 Likes

Yes, you are wrong. Most new moms have no idea what a baby actually needs. Cutsie is not practical. Generally specific things like bottles will be bought from
The registry.

2 Likes

Wooooooowwwww how ungrateful are you smh

2 Likes

I buy what I want to buy…
Its MY money and it’s a GIFT to you!

3 Likes

ummm then I suggest you buy what you need and want for your baby yourself and anything that others buy you is a gift a bonus maybe some people couldn’t afford the items you listed you are sounding pretty ungrateful and entitled

4 Likes

Gross attitude. That poor kid is going to have a tough upbringing when he/she doesnt do exactly what you want exactly when you want it

4 Likes

Yes. You are wrong for that.
Be thankful someone cares enough about you and your crotch dropling that they come in the first place. You be grateful if you get shit from a thrift store because they aint got to get you shit.

Selfish.

1 Like

Yes, you’re wrong and very ungrateful. I wouldn’t buy anything if I knew you felt this way.

4 Likes

Wow girl, just wow lol.

2 Likes

Maybe you could just be grateful that they got the baby anything ? The GIFTS you get are just that GIFTS. Go get the SPECIFIC item yourself.

2 Likes

Be grateful you got anything.

1 Like

I was just grateful to get what I got.

3 Likes

Its a gift. If you are having a baby then buy the stuff yourself. You should never expect gifts, and if you receive something then that is lovely.

2 Likes

Ungrateful greedy disgusting gold digger brat.

10 Likes

You sound very unappreciative about things. I think you should be happy to receive anything you get

She can ask someone she trusts to buy her what she needs and then just tell the ppl attending to give eur10 for the gift… This will free attendees from the hassles to go buy stuff, and she will get what she needs… Thats what i did… I bought everything and chose them… Got them online… And with same money i got triple the things… Wrapped them and everyone was happy…

You are a self-centered ingrate!! You should be gracious with whatever you get!!

2 Likes

But your own stuff then and show some sort or gratitude!!!

1 Like

Good lord. Try being thankful that people took the time and their money to purchase you anything! You and the dad are the ones responsible for buying what you need. Gifts are an added bonus. :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::joy::rofl::joy::joy:
So, why don’t you get your a** down to the store and buy all of the thing’s you want on your own dime.
Get over yourself, and get your head out of your a**. Your sounding like a stock up bitch.

2 Likes

You should be grateful with anything you get.

Is it wrong yes… Here’s a ball buster for you are you gonna shove your kid back up your vagina if she doesn’t live life to your standards. Get a grip, don’t have a baby shower if you’re going to be picky and ungrateful. Instead buy your own stuff for your baby and God willing she will drink from those bottles you want and doesn’t shit and barf and that one bedding for her crib.

I’m sure it is frustrating to not get the things you have on your registry. But be thankful someone was kind enough to spend THEIR money on something they thought you would appreciate

2 Likes

Yeah… you sound like you are very ungrateful and not appreciative. I’m happy you are not my friend

3 Likes

First of all, NO ONE has to come to your shower or buy you a single thing so be grateful that they are. You can always return or exchange things that you don’t need, but don’t be rude about it.

5 Likes

Wow , what about something from the heart.a baby shower is a celebration.most people dont register for baby shower.usually if your ready to have a baby you have enough to get your baby what you personally want

1 Like

Be grateful they even thought of you and your baby. If you’re concerned about saving money and feeling like someone else should buy the things you need for your baby, you probably don’t have the right mindset or are financially stable enough to even have a baby. And fyi honey, you’re going to be providing for your child their entire life. And kids are expensive.

30 Likes

Wow i wont even attend your baby shower.

2 Likes

You are wrong on sooooo many levels.

2 Likes

Then buy your own shit

My child has known since he was old enough to reason, even the slightest bit, that he was to say thank you to any gift. Someone spent their hard earned money on that gift. They spent their precious time choosing it. They thought about you. Say thank you & mean it. Geeze…

2 Likes

I feel embarrassed for u even posting that…u dont deserve anything lady.

10 Likes

Be grateful. Motherhood is never as planned and if you think otherwise you are going to be in for a huge surprise!

1 Like

Ungrateful. What an example you are going to set

1 Like

yes you’re extremely ungrateful. gifts are just that. a gift. not mandatory. did you only throw the shower to get presents?

6 Likes

Oh wow you’re rude and dont appreciate the people in your life… i feel sorry for them

2 Likes

It sounds more like what you WANT not what you NEED. If it was a NEED, the look of the onesies or which matress brand wouldn’t matter. It is extremely ungrateful and you should just buy everything yourself if that is how you will act :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Wow… I have had 3 kids, maybe it was how I was raised, but NEVER have I thought I was too good for a gift from someone if it wasn’t the specific one I asked for. I never done any baby registries for my kids. I received gifts and was asked what I wanted, but it is my responsibility as a parent to provide for my kid! Everything that is ESSENTIAL should be provided and bought by the parent! Everything else should be extra! Like diapers, wipes, clothes, bathing necessities, etc. if you have a specific request for something like bottles, then you should buy them yourself. & honestly the baby might not even take them. That’s something I never bought ahead of time bc all my kids required unique bottles, which I bought! Receiving gifts is a blessing, don’t be hateful about it.

3 Likes

You spend how much on a baby shower? Why don’t you provide and buy what you want instead of a registry. The money you will invest in the shower just buy the baby stuff. I never had one k just always bought it myself.

1 Like

A gift is just that a gift and you by no means get to decide what others get for you. A registry is nice but not required by anymeans.

Wendy Jones Moseley Sounds like me :joy::joy::sob:

I agree. People asked me what I needed n I told them and then I ended up with things I would never use or the exact same things I already had n who has time to return things with a new baby?

2 Likes

Yes you are a wrong.baby showr isn’t for you to get gifts. It’s to spend time with your family and friends and enjoy your time before becoming a parent not recieve items you can’t be bothered to spend money but should buy your self :joy:

1 Like

You could just go get everything yourself. No return or receipt needed. Be humble and grateful you have people and a babyshower.

3 Likes

Yikkkkkeesss you sound very entitled. Beggars can’t be choosers babe.

Kymberleigh Marcelle May Edwards

You can always return them. You don’t need a receipt in most stores as long as it may have came from. But you do sound ungrateful!

1 Like

Then ask for gift cards and you shop for the things YOU need

2 Likes

If i was your friend I wouldn’t buy you any presents tbh

11 Likes

Your post gave me secondhand embarrassment. Jeesh.

4 Likes

Buy it yourself and stop being an ungrateful whiney bitch.

I am sure people bought you items that they can afford. Having a baby is expensive…the items you may have chose were too spendy.

2 Likes

" I want i want I want"… you sound like my 3 year old.

5 Likes

Yeah your :100: in the wrong and sound so selfish and greedy. You should be happy with whatever anyone goes out of there way to buy for your baby because they didn’t have to get shit in the first place. Not everyone’s made of money and gonna go get you the expensive things a baby needs you wanted this baby you go get it a mattress and not expect someone else to buy it for you because you wrote it on list.

Totally disagree … you should be grateful for any gift you receive … you sound like a piece of work :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Very entitled!!! They don’t have to buy shit nor go to it!!! Buy your own shit!!! They didn’t make that kid you did!!!

Don’t kick a gift horse … be grateful

3 Likes

Buy your own stuff then and just don’t have a shower lol you sound like a snobby brat.

3 Likes

Beyond ungrateful. No one owes you anything. I feel sorry for the people in your life… guessing they already know what a spoiled brat you are.

3 Likes