Am I wrong to think people who attend baby showers should only buy things from the registry?

I feel that a baby shower is to celebrate your new addition and the baby registry is fine, but to insinuate that people are rude for not buying off of the registry is so wrong and rude of You! Most people will buy from the registry but if they don’t you should thank them just the same, and if you don’t the thing that is given don’t use it, pass it on to someone that needs it, i would be grateful for every little thing that was given, you are being selfish, if you want a particular mattress, buy it yourself!

2 Likes

Yes you are wrong! You should br thankful for anything. You get although i tend to buy something from a registry and usually othet things .
YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL ANYONE BUYS YOU ANYTHING NO ONE OWES U ANYTHING AND ANYONE WHO agrees with u meeds a reality check also

1 Like

You are extremely entitled and ungrateful!

1 Like

Many couples GASP don’t have a baby shower & buy everything they need themselves!

4 Likes

I’d be the person who would turn up with nothing because you’re an ungrateful selfish bitch

1 Like

You are kidding right. Ungrateful much. I hope they all show up with something not on the list.

4 Likes

Then go buy your own stuff. Don’t have a shower.

Talk about selfish and childish.

3 Likes

Be grateful that people are spending their money on you at all!!

Yeah, if you’re going to be that ungrateful, save yourself the baby shower and buy things yourself.
Gratitude is what you’re missing here.

2 Likes

U r very wrong and just wow lol… nobody has to buy u anything they do it cuz they love you and your baby I think I’ve heard it all now :joy:

1 Like

Talk at spoiled.a gift is a gift.the person giving it puts a lot of thought into it. Wow.

I hope for your sake people invited to your baby shower do not see this post because your guest list might decrease significantly. This post makes you sound very selfish and ungrateful. It’s sad to think that this attitude will be what your child learns and then we have a new society of entitled selfish humans

4 Likes

I always try to have enough items in every price range for that reason. It’s a gift- if you don’t like it do the Marie Kongo method and take it back or donate what you will not use​:woman_shrugging:t3::heartbeat::smiley:

YOUR WRONG!!! if your gonna complain about people buying stuff that you dont want them to buy then just save the money you were gonna use to throw yourself the baby shower and go buy your own stuff…

3 Likes

Beggars cant be choosers not the guests fault you didnt plan or cant afford what you think you need or want.

4 Likes

With your attitude,I’m surprised you have enough friends to even need a registry

25 Likes

I can see both sides…You are preparing for a new life and that’s expensive! It is nice to get some big ticket items from your shower.
However your registry is only a “wish list” or suggestions… if people are willing to buy your child something durning this time you should be grateful. To be honest you may be surprised about what you forgot to put on the registry that you randomly get! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I googled it up and what is the meaning of a baby shower and no we’re it says what you are asking for :thinking::expressionless::neutral_face:

3 Likes

Go get it if you want it so bad. You sound ungrateful and stuck up. Your attitude is sad, hopefully you can change that by the time your child gets here. With that kind of mindset be grateful people bought you anything.

13 Likes

Be grateful. Some mother’s don’t get any help or get to have options. Make their thoughts count. If it’s something you know you want for your baby wait for after the shower and get what was not on your desired list? Hope you figure it out. People leave this world and items can be replaced.

2 Likes

If you can’t afford to buy what your future child needs you and the babies father should have prevented pregnancy in the first place

5 Likes

Why have a baby shower?? Buy ALL the shit yourself

1 Like

Are you really that selfish? You should be thankful for anything anyone buys you. They don’t owe you anything :joy: is this for real? Are people really that selfish?

3 Likes

You are so wrong. You should feel blessed that anyone saw fit to buy you anything.

2 Likes

Some people cannot afford everything on your registry. Did you put really expensive stuff on the list? Remember they don’t HAVE to buy you anything. Be grateful for what you do get because not everyone gets guests at their showers. You’ll learn your baby dosent care if they’re in that 50$ item vs the 10$ item its still going to get spit up, poop and whatever else on it. It still works all the same. Children are expensive and grow so fast you won’t have time to use that expensive gadgets or that sleeper that everyone else has because you’ll be tired and over trying to figure out how to put it on or turn it on at 5 am when your baby is hungry and you’re just so tired.

3 Likes

You ungrateful spoilt brat…
You have a baby shower to celebrate the arrival of the baby not so u don have to pay for stuff that YOUR BABY will need. Get off you high horse and wake up to your self

9 Likes

I made a registry with my 1st and no one got anything off of it. I wasnt mad, i got what i got and what I didn’t get i went and bought myself. Shouldn’t expect anything :woman_shrugging:t3: just be thankful people are willing to buy and your getting stuff

2 Likes

A baby shower isn’t about the gifts in the first place. Be happy with what they bring. Your job as the parent is to provide what baby needs, not other people

5 Likes

Entitled much? You’re not ready for a baby lol

2 Likes

Baby showers are to celebrate the birth of a child. Anything you receive is a gift you should be grateful for.

4 Likes

Maybe the things can be donated to some poor girl in the street, who won’t have a baby shower and just hoping she has anything, bet she would be grateful!!

3 Likes

Omg u need to get over urself. If I bought u a present and u asked for the receipt it wud be a flat out no. U buy the baby a crib mattress and the bottles u want. Most people wud buy clothes and toys

3 Likes

Wow. Ungrateful much?

4 Likes

The bottles you might want lmao it’s not up to you cause guess what girly it actually ends up being about if that baby or babies can tolerate that bottle. I had a baby who could not take to bottles I wanted an had to go out an buy all new for her feeds when not attached to my breast. So be greatful for what you get an can maybe if unopened can exchange at some stores for gift card to put towards what you may actually need. Things you think you need or want aren’t always needed either an onesies you can never have enough of in every size. Smh I feel sorry for your friends an family because you do not seem like a good person being like that.

2 Likes

It used to be considered extremely rude to make registries because you don’t tell people what to gift you. It is extremely rude to insist that people only buy you what’s on that. It’s tacky. Instead receive what you are given graciously.

2 Likes

If you’re that picky you should be buying the stuff yourself. You sound extremely ungrateful and self centered.
The person you any gift may not be able to afford higher priced items but they are still choosing to get you a gift. Be grateful or buy the items yourself.

11 Likes

Yes you are and shame on you

2 Likes

I usually buy stuff that I found useful for when I was raising my child. Things that first time moms don’t realize they need!

2 Likes

Wow. I have no words. Very ungrateful. Use what you get or get it yourself

3 Likes

Wow beyond selfish, get off your arse and buy it your self. A baby is your responsibility and not those of whom you in invite to what seems as a " get what I need party " Absolutely ridiculous :see_no_evil:

Is this for real? Wow…

1 Like

I hope most of these comments put things in perspective for you

Ungrateful, childish and so wrong. I would not attwnd that Baby Shower.

5 Likes

I think that’s pretty ungrateful. You’re lucky people are getting you anything at all. You chose to have a child not everyone else. You want certain stuff go buy it yourself. If you were my friend or family you wouldnt be getting shit from me after seeing this.

2 Likes

The purpose of a baby shower isn’t for people to buy u gifts​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: entitled and ungrateful, yikes

2 Likes

I didn’t even make a registry list for my baby shower. I let people buy what they wanted and loved every bit of it. Be grateful that they are buying anything at all when they don’t have to buy you anything.

3 Likes

Be grateful you got a baby shower,you are truly something else. I have 4 kids and got 1 shower. Entitled much?

3 Likes

Listen here you sound ungrateful and it will only get worse after the baby comes. Do yourself a favor and change your attitude before you baby daddy changes thr locks on your ass one day

1 Like

You sound like a jerk tbh. There’s nothing wrong with being particular or doing research. Buy that yourself. The point of a shower is to celebrate. It’s a tacky attitude to have about gifts bro

5 Likes

You sound like your pregnant and hormonal and this gave me a good laugh! I can see your point, but it is what it is and not everyone thinks that way or can afford the items. I’m not gonna call you ungrateful… spoiled or rotten… but hormonal for sure(I mean that in a nice way) and we all have our bad days :woman_shrugging:t3:

It’ll all be all right!
Hakuna Matata!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t buy you a damn thing! Ungrateful much!?!

Wow :joy::joy::joy: tbh if u were my friend I’d tell you where to stick your registry -
If someone asks you want you need/prefer then fair enough but how ungrateful are you? Here’s an idea buy what YOU want for YOUR baby n scrap the shower - supposed to be celebrating a Mam and her baby not fund your wants n needs wannabe princess

4 Likes

Sorry but no.
Usually the items on the registry are ridiculously expensive. Your gunna get what i buy, with my money.
If you don’t like it or want it, don’t use it.
You sound ungrateful. If you only want those specific items, skip the shower and go buy them yourself.

1 Like

You sound ungrateful. A baby shower isn’t for what you want. It’s for people to congratulate you on your coming baby, the gift isn’t a requirement, just be grateful.

7 Likes

You are totally wrong and ungrateful snobby little girl. A baby shower isn’t to pay for things you expect for the baby, if you want to get the special so called items then you go out and buy them, a baby shower is about gifts and being appreciative for what you get. If you expected a baby shower is for getting the things u really want for the child then maybe you shouldn’t have one

64 Likes

They should buy you nothing!:no_mouth::expressionless::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

16 Likes

The baby shower is not to financially benefit the parents. It’s to celebrate the baby. You get what you get and what you feel you still need you buy for the baby yourself.

17 Likes

Entitlement at it’s finest! Stop acting like garbage.
I wouldn’t have bought you anything.

22 Likes

This is such a entitled nasty person with a horrible attitude! I wouldn’t buy u shit nor would I come ! Our friendship would be over also and to top it off if u were family I wouldn’t claim u this is horrible and your attitude is awful!!!

Wow… Is all i can say… If you want specifics buy it your self… I wouldn’t even attend a baby shower for someone so ungrateful

16 Likes

You sound very UNGRATEFUL. A GIFT IS JUST THAT, A GIFT.

5 Likes

Can’t you be happy you got something? I was damn near homeless and just laid off, no one got us a damn thing not even a balloon

Well u just sound like a “bit*$”. Now I don’t buy bottles and pacifiers . Because kids are diffent and well I only like the nuk brand for my kids . And if I buy wipes I buy the ones that are natural and water based for people and if I have no idea what to buy I’ll get a 10$ gift card . Be happy that ppl spent money on u .and ur child .i had 2 baby showers and no one showed up :woman_shrugging:t2: nor do I actually have any friends or family

And the shower is to celebrate a new life

3 Likes

You dont throw baby shower party just to get presents, baby shower is to celebrate the great blessing you recieved… celebrate it with friends and familys…
And yes ungrateful

9 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers :blush:

4 Likes

I didn’t have a baby shower. I busted my ass working 65 hours a week and gave my son everything on my own. If you can’t afford a baby and the things you think you’re ENTITLED to I’d think again. I would be extremely thankful for anything that was bought for my son. Likely half the things on your registry AREN’T even needed.

As a parent you’re responsible for buying things for your child. No one else is obligated to provide your babies basic needs. I’d change your tune a bit. Parenting is an extremely thankless job. You’re entitled to nothing. Work to provide for your little one.

Yes, yes. You are dead wrong :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You sound extremely stuck up and rude to me. You should learn to be grateful that anyone cares enough to buy you and your baby anything, because a lot of people don’t have that.

2 Likes

I’d be grateful for what you get. I didn’t even get to have a baby shower because of COVID and my daughter was born Monday. I’ve had to ask for some donations and thankfully I was able to get a swing diapers and other things. Plus I’m out of work right now so a baby shower, I would have been blessed to get a pack of wipes. Don’t be so ungrateful.

5 Likes

I hope you don’t teach your child those manners

9 Likes

Yes, you would be wrong. You should be grateful for what people give you.

3 Likes

Erin Wegner talk about ungrateful.

2 Likes

You can return what you dont want or need and just buy what you need but didnt get and no people can buy what they want and those onsies will come in handy

3 Likes

Yes. You are wrong :rofl: next time, skip the baby shower.

7 Likes

I think baby showers are to celebrate the baby and anything you receive can be helpful. Most places will take back clothes for store credit with out a receipt so if it’s not your style you can return it with out seeming ungrateful. It’s no ones responsibility to purchase anything but I do think certain things should not be purchased unless off of the registry like bottles (some people have preferences and some babies will only use certain styles depending on the feel of the nipples ect) and the crib mattress. I don’t think you are horrible for wanting what you want or feel you need and some people commenting are too harsh but I would say try to be grateful for anything people contribute and return what you don’t want. In the end it is a gift and the obligation to provide is on the parents

2 Likes

Glad this is anonymous… wouldn’t be buying you a thing

11 Likes

Yep, you’re wrong and you’re sounding pretty spoiled and ungrateful too! I would be happy if every single thing I received was an original idea! The fact that someone would even take the time to come celebrate my new baby would be enough of a gift really.

2 Likes

I didn’t expect anything from guests I was blessed with their company :woman_shrugging: I wouldn’t dream of making a list :eyes:

4 Likes

Nobody needs to buy you anything for your baby. You should be grateful for anything you do get. Registries are there for people see what you would like but it doesn’t mean they HAVE to buy you anything off of it. So yes, you are wrong!

7 Likes

You’re lucky to have ppl who love you that actually want to throw you a baby shower. Some ppl aren’t fortunate enough to have ppl to celebrate you and your new baby. Nobody threw me a baby shower. My child is now 6 mths old. Humble yourself and be excited you have people who love you. Some of us don’t have anyone.

4 Likes

You ungrateful woman! Why don’t you just say thank you maybe the person who bought you the onesie was all the could afford at the time, without putting themselves in debt for you, ungrateful is all I got for you

10 Likes

Shouldn’t be having babies if u can’t buy the things u need yr self… Ijs🤷‍♀️

12 Likes

Be thankful you got anything at all. Might be the only thing they could afford. At least you got a baby shower.

5 Likes

Ungrateful springs to mind

4 Likes

Wow. When I had my baby shower, there weren’t baby registries around…smh

5 Likes

I mean you’re being a little over the top. Most will give receipts. But if you want what’s on the registry only then say so in your invitation. Otherwise expect some to buy cute things along with stuff on your registry.

3 Likes

You are very ungrateful! You should happy with anything you get. I wonder what your giftgivers are thinking of now. True colors are showing. Shame on you!

5 Likes

Yikes. I kind of hope nobody goes to your shower lol damn.

Honestly it is annoying but you just need to deal with it. I got nothing but clothes and crocheted blankets and BARELY anything off my registry. My mom and I went from store to store to store returning things for store credit (cause a lot had no receipt) just so I could buy the things I actually needed. Irritating yes, but since then I’ve learned to ALWAYS buy off the person’s registry.

2 Likes

Wow! You should really stop and read what you’re saying! You sound entitled, spoiled and ungrateful. In times like these you should be grateful with any gift. They are trying to celebrate your baby with you. It’s a slap in the face for someone who cared enough to get you anything.

1 Like

I wonder how much more shit you give to your partner if you have such a ‘I feel I feel I feel’ not only are you wrong ! But please grow brains :brain:

I think you should be thankful for what you get

3 Likes

I am shocked that you are even posting this. Sometimes you get gifts that you didn’t even think you needed but you needed in the end. Shame on you for being mad that people gifted you things you didn’t ask for. I am embarrassed for you.

3 Likes

Wow I am absolutely speechless

2 Likes

Very ungrateful and rude

3 Likes

I think this attitude is ungrateful and entitled. My bros gf registered with a toy store, I told her I could buy her EXACT swing cheaper at walmart but wanted to tell her so she could remove from registry… she said " NO you buy from where I registered and if you cant afford it give me the money you can and I will put it towards it… SERIOUSLY… EXACTLY the same brand and swing but over $50 cheaper. Well I said F it, ungrateful B ! I made her a diaper cake ( wish I could fill with SHYTE lol ) it turned out adorable, lots of comments. I was so angry at her attitude, she is the mother of my niece and nephew but I will never respect her.

3 Likes

Wow! You should be grateful you got anything!! Go buy your own stuff then :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Look on offer up and buy stuff for cheap that’s what I did for my baby and I had help from no one we all did it by our selfs me and my baby’s dad . It doesn’t always have to be brand new stuff it can also be gently use things

Wow. Hardly anything I picked out on my registrys were purchased. I did not care. I got stuff that my babies needed. Even if it was an outfit that didn’t “fit my taste”. Damn, just be grateful people that people showed up and brought anything at all! Beggers can’t be choosers.