Anyone else have this Nexpalnon issue?

I had it when it was 5yrs I think or 3 i don’t remember but I did have my period every month sometimes 2 to 3x for almost a yr then it just stopped coming all together which was amazing lol… didn’t gain weight on it like I have done with the depo and even.the pill I end up gaining tons of weight… if you aren’t sure take a test but if thats your only issue I wouldn’t worry too much

I bleed 3 weeks out of 4 each month. It’s a nightmare

It took me a year for mine to “regulate” and im on year 2 and theyre SPARSE. Ill have periods sometimes. Or just the symptoms and no period.

Some people do great on it and don’t get there period or rarely get there period, other people bleed for months on it.
I was a lucky one that didn’t get my period on it but it made me gain weight like crazy, one of my friends bleed for months and had to get it removed

I’ve had 3 implants in the past and with every single one my periods stopped completely after a few months, it didn’t affect my fertility as I’ve just had my first child. I’ve just had my 4th implant put in last week and can’t wait to not have periods again x

Omg I’m glad I’m not the only one I bleed for a few months straight and it was (I know tmi but…)like threads and super dark. I haven’t lost any weight in fact gained more and my sex life is non-existent which sucks for my dude

I got cysts that would rupture, weight gain, and horrible acne flair ups…but didnt have a period.

i’ve had mine for maybe 7 months now and i have a very short and mild period maybe every couple months or so, not very frequent at all

My daughter has had these implants changed out 3 times and never had a problem I guess every body is different hope it gets better for you

I’ve had mine, replaced after 3 years… taken out had a baby and another put back in. I do not have any periods with the nexplanon. It does make me more emotional and moody though.

Gahhh yessss I hate mine :triumph:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone else have this Nexpalnon issue? - Mamas Uncut

I had to get mine taken out. Couldnt stop bleeding

I’ve got the implant I can go one month without then I’m currently on week 3 of a period, mines are so irregular it’s hard to keep up

I’m on nexplanon and still get a period every month. My friend had it and wouldn’t stop bleeding for a year.

Had the same issue. Dr put me on a pill form also to even me out. Took the pills for a month and then I never had a period again for the 4 years I had it

Mine is a bit different. I get my period every couple months, but it lasts 2-3 weeks. And sometimes I spot in between

I had my second implant put in this year and i went 2 years without a period

1 Like

I have had nexplanon for 8 years, I rarely ever bled. Basically every other month I’d have a cycle but never bled

I have had mine in since February and my periods was fine now they all out of wack

I never have periods on it

1 Like

Ugh I have it. Got it almost 2 years ago. Makes me very moody, emotional & bleed for weeks! I probably only get about 4 days to where I’m not bleeding unfortunately my boyfriend and I won’t have sex much Bc I’m
Always bleeding. Lucky if it’s once a month :pensive:

I am on my third Nexplanon and love it. There were several months where I bled but I don’t remember that many. I would just make an appt and talk to your dr to be safe. I think everyone reacts differently to any type of birth control. :heart:

Yes! I had mine removed before the 2 year mark because of the same side effects and the issues it caused. Mine actually moved too! Be careful and get your DRs opinion on if you should have it removed.

I’m on it and have a very light period about 2 a year

Nope. On yr 6 now and no period issues. Tbh I can count on one hand how many I have had in all 6yrs!

I’m on nexplanon and I switched from the shot.
When I was on the shot I didn’t have a period but when I got Nexplanon I started getting heavy long periods. I’m talking 3 week long period with a week off and then having a period again.

After a couple months I started getting regular less heavy periods again though. Haven’t had a problem since.

Also keep in mind that everybody is different.
Some people have periods on BC and some don’t.
Different forms effect people differently as well. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I bled for the last year on both of mine. Almost constantly :woman_facepalming:t4:

Get it out!!! I had mood swings was always bleeding. It’s also not fda approved. Found that out when they removed mine

I’ve had it for 4 years this time. I still had periods in the beginning and they were irregular but I’ve always had issues with that. But the last 2yrs I only have one period a year. Yes I’ve gained weight but it beats the issues I was having before. But the first time I had one was probably 7 or 8 years ago and it took a while before it took effect. My GYNO said to give at least a year unless I absolutely feel like something is wrong.

This happened to me! I got it taken out at 8 months. My doctor had me taking a birth control pill too, still bled the entire time.

I had great experience - after maybe 3 months max I didn’t ever get a period, I don’t even remember spotting. My sister tho - it was like she’d have her period 3 weeks a month, every month, for almost a yr and then got off of it.

When I had Nexplanon, I spotted every single day for 9 months. Then had a full blown period. Got it taken put and replaced with Mirena. Best decision ever for me.

I had mine for about 2 months and I bled every day. I even had to have the depo shot to help lighten the bleeding but it didn’t do anything at all. I had to get it taken out.

I had this problem with my first one. I’ve had three. My Dr prescribed some estrogen pills and it straightened my period issues out

I got my second implant in January. With the first, I was pretty irregular. Since it got changed, I go about 2 months between periods and they aren’t very heavy but last anywhere between 5 days to two weeks

My 2nd time having it. Love it! Only thing I hate it my periods went from 3 days to a full week. All bodies are different though!

They list “abnormal periods” as a potential side effect/adverse event on their website along with a number of others. I believe they also list a number where you can report side effects which can be really important to help other people who may be experiencing this. I’m not sure but I also think if you mention Nexplanon on social media and it’s related to AEs they have to address it. Here’s what’s on their website: Risks and Side Effects of NEXPLANON® (etonogestrel implant) 68 mg Radiopaque

I had that issue. Nothing helped, I had to have it removed. I had the nexplanon twice. The first time I had no issues

I had that, last time I had nexplanon. I had to get it removed. I replaced it with the Kyleena iud.

The first time I ever got the nexplanon I had really bad headaches that seemed to never go away I had them take it out 3 months after inserting it then decided to give it another try years later in 2019 and never had an issue with it that time I would get it removed and try another contraceptive for alittle while or see if they can give you a birth control pill to try to regulate the bleeding

I’ve had the nexplanon twice now so a total of 5 years at this point. I spotted the first month and since then no periods. Its wonderful

My period was irregular for the first time in my life when I was on nexplanon. My cycle was anywhere from 12 to 50 days. It wasn’t necessarily the most ideal, but for me the pros outweighed the cons. But on the other hand, I had a friend who bled for 3 months strait and decided to get it removed. Talk to your doctor about other options if you’re not happy about it though. You have to decide what’s best for you. Good luck!

1 Like

Everyone is gonna react differently. You’ll have people tell you the horrible experience they had to scare you out of it. And then people like me who have had wonderful experiences. It’s my favorite form of birth control. Listen to your body and if you have any concerns, talk to you doctor.

I’m having the same issues! Have an appointment Monday to talk thru options. It sucks!

It’s different with everyone I didn’t have mine when I got it

I had it for a year with no periods and then all the sudden I had my period for literally 3 months. So I had it removed

It was horrible for me. Made my hormones go crazy. I was depressed, broke out like a teenager going through puberty. I bled all the time. I was dizzy all the time. I had to have it removed

I hated it.
Gave me horrendous health anxiety paranoia.
Got it removed after 12 months & even that was a drama, had to have 3 appointments (2 with nurses who inserted it, last 1 with obgyn) because it had encapsulated inside my arm. Dr wanted to remove it surgically with putting me under GA in an O/R but I insisted I could cope & she keep trying, eventually she got it out with me only having a slightly bigger than usual scar.

I had implanon first, was brilliant, no periods or issues for 3yrs, then had it changed but they put in nexplanon as implanon was discontinued. I had so many issues with nexplanon. Bled for a year, bad skin, gained weight, bad cramps. I had it took out after 12months and went on the pill. If i could have implanon again i would.

1 Like

My daughter never got a period but gained 60 lbs.
Took it out 2 years early due to all the weight gain

Yes. I usually either get mine twice a month or it’ll be once a month for 3weeks. Haven’t had it this month yet, though.

Maybe it’s just not compatible with your body??? I’ve had it and didn’t have any issues at all. Call your dr and see if there’s other options out there that may work better for you

Ive had mine for about a month now so far haven’t bled at all. Question for everyone who has it….did it ever get really itchy not the insertion spot but like where it sits did u ever get super itchy it sometimes feels like it’s burning itchiness…it not hot to touch and no red bumps so I didn’t know if maybe itchy is a small side effect?

Only issue I had is I’m now 16 weeks pregnant after it failed :grimacing:

I had it for 6 years and I only had a week break from my period each month. It caused pelvic inflammatory disease (1 of the side effects I didn’t read!) now 4 years after having it removed I’m having issues conceiving again. It took 2 years and many dr visits to have my son (now 23 months old) oh forgot to mention the weight gain after having it removed!!

1 Like

I would get it and it would last wedks at a time. And i had my period for 6 months straight after forst getting it. It wrecked havoc on my skin and the moodswings on were ridiculous. I had it removed almost 5 months ago and my menstrual cycle still isnt back to normal

1 Like

Yes! I also had a miscarriage when I had the nexplanon and they stated that’s what the bleeding was, after two ultrasounds it’s because the hormone the nexplanon gives off was too strong and made it so my uterus wall could not build up and shed once, it shed continuously.

I’ve had it in for almost five months I bleed daily and have what resembles a period twice a month for about 3 days. They can give you another hormone to help with the bleeding but it hasn’t stopped mine. The dr. Told me the #1 reason people get it out early is due to bleeding.

I had to get mine removed it literally made me crazy lol. My hormones where all our if wack

That happened to me periods twice a month every month as long as i had it… i got real moody on it to i couldnt take it anymore and removed it… im not having sex so i dont need birth control anyways :woman_shrugging:t3:… once i removed it my periods literally went back to normal the second period i got… they come right on time now

I’ve had mine for seven years now I’m on my third one. The first month for me was a little iffy each time I had it changed I got bad acne my period was off. But I had bad experiences with other birth-control‘s; So this one may not be right for you

1 Like

Wow! I would talk to a doctor I couldn’t do it bleeding all the time. I’ve been on mine 19 months and getting it removed soon it’s taking a toll on me all the hormones and what not but I have not bled at all since I’ve been on it

Several years bleeding almost non stop. Weight loss, hair loss, id stop bleeding for several hours then start bck up.

I got the Nexplanon after coming off the Depo shot… I didn’t have a period for 14 months, and then had my period on and off for 6 weeks… I had Nexplanon removed and replaced after the 3 years was up, and then had the 2nd one removed after a month because my neurologist believes my Pseudotumor Cerebri was caused by the Nexplanon implant.

Yeah I had to get mine taken out never used it again the patch worked for me

I had this along with other symptoms. I had mine removed and for two years after I struggled with a cycle and had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with my second child.

I had the same symptoms and had mine removed early. The Dr prescribed the pill to trying to level out my hormones, but it didn’t help. They kept cautioning me when they removed it - you won’t be able to get it again for 5 years, Are you sure you want it removed? After removing it I went back to normal and my mood was so much better!!

I hated nexplanon… made me crazy and I was on my period for the whole year I had it… finally I couldn’t take it anymore and had it removed. F that mess.

I just got mine taken out, but I didn’t have my period for 2 years while being on it.

Had mine removed about 6-7 months after getting it. Periods lasting weeks, weight gain, mood swings, pimples. It was horrible

I did, I had it for 4 years and most months I had two periods a month or sometimes I would go 2 to 3 months without one. I hated how inconsistent my period was, I never knew when it was coming or how long I would have it. It was miserable, honestly I’ll never use another birth control that goes inside my body because of my experience with nexplonan.

I had mine 4.5 years and was doing great with it. Got it a few days after having my first. The only problem was my period the first couple months while my body was adjusting. I bled for weeks, had like a good week and a half no period then back on again for a few weeks. But most of those weeks were like spotting or light bleeding. After a few months my body regulated and my periods became normal and came like clock work.
As soon as I got off it I got pregnant with my son

Yes! I didn’t have a period for 6 months then all of a suddenly started bleeding for almost a full month. Went back to my doctor and she prescribed me birth control on top of it. I took it for maybe 3 months and then stoped taking them and didnt have a period for 7 months. But I got it removed in june

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone else have this Nexpalnon issue? - Mamas Uncut

This is my second nexplanon I have the same problem as you for a couple of months when I first started on it I got off the implants so we could have another kid as soon as she was born I put another one back in and I have the same issue with multiple periods for the first few months after the first year of my body regulating to being postpartum and back on the implant I don’t have a period at all my daughter is now two

Im on my 3rd nexplanon. I bled bad for several months and it stopped completely. I have only spotted occasionally for a day or two a handful of times over the last 7 and a half years after my body got adjusted. Many people choose nexplanon because of not having a cycle

I’ve had mine for a year and few months. A few months after I got it, I had a light period almost everyday for months and then my doc gave me a low dose bc pill to help it regulate. My periods would last about 2 weeks. I had a normal period Dec/Jan, no period Feb/March. Now it’s been sporadic since April.

I’ve had mine awhile, next year is when I get it out. Ive sometimes had my period twice a month, bled all month long, no period at all.

It fucks me all up its never regular anymore

I’m on my forth one. The first three I had normal periods, but this one I had normal periods the first three month then they stopped completely (had it in two years now). Get some spotting occasionally.

I currently have nexplanon for the second time. First time I had it for three years before removing it to conceive my daughter. When I had it then, I NEVER had a period. Only very occasionally spotted for a day or two max, very lightly. After I had my daughter I went on a low dose bc pill so that I could continue breastfeeding for a while- but I ended up getting pregnant again very quickly. After that pregnancy ended in emergency surgery- I went back to nexplanon. I have been working really hard on my health since then and have lost a lot of weight- and the combo has messed my cycle up! Between nexplanon and weight loss I have had a period every 2 weeks for about 7-10 days :expressionless: ugh I’ll be discussing options with my doctor ASAP lol

1 Like

I’ve had it for 13 months and no bleeding whatsoever. Just no weight loss. Still look 6 months pregnant no matter what I do physically or eat or not eat. Nothing changes.

I ended up in the hospital with 2 blood clots in my left lung that were caused by the nexplanon

It should completely stop eventually

YES. and that’s why I got off of it. I was on it for almost 3 years and my periods would last like 20 days. My dumbass dealt with it for that long cuz I was always like “oh well maybe my body just needs to get used to it” that shit was the devil for me.

I stopped having periods when I had that …

I had that same birth control, took it out like 9 months, ago. Had really bad mood swings, got my period only sometimes and had weight gain. Had it for 5 years.

Yes I experienced that I’m off of it because it expired and my periods aren’t regular anymore and I had bad mood swings and was severely depressed on top of having my mental issues as it is

Its unnatural. Highly consider using alternative birth control. Like condoms etc.

What the heck is it ?

On a side note has anyone here gotten the nexplanon and also gotten the Covid vaccine and did they have any severe side effects?

I had mine in for 4 months and it was so horrible for me. I had constant periods which we did this to help control them and added in a birth control pill too and it made it worse. I am 39 and my acne was as bad as a teenager, only slept 2-4 hours a night, horrible mood swings and depression. Now that it’s out my periods have “somewhat” become normal for the time being and acne is clearing up and I sleep. I have PCOS and that’s why I did it. It’s different for every person I just think it was horrible for me and it didn’t want to even come out of my arm.

My daughter got sudo tumor affect from this it causes spinal fluid to build up on her brain causing headaches temp blindness not to mention the er visits to get a spinal tap to drain the fluid off her brain

Ok so what if you’re already having irregular periods before even getting on nexpalnon ?

I’ve finished the whole 3 years now. My experience was my first period being on it was a little long. Then it disappeared completely. I had a few moments of spotting but nothing crazy. I loved it. No periods for 3 years and not a single pregnancy scary.

Yes that happened to me and then it regulated… stress can also trigger it as well. I’m on # 2 and for the first 2 months I had 2 light periods in a month. Now I’m back to normal

I had the earlier version which was norplant. I had my period for 9 month straight! When I finally demanded they remove it they ended up having to cut muscle from my arm where it had adhered itself. To this day 20+ years later you can still see and feel where it was. If I could go back and have a re-do I would never have let them put that in my body.

I’ve got nexplanon and have gone two years without a period, then on my second implant I had one every two weeks, very irregular never know what to expect, nurse told me it’s normal x

The first.month I had it my period was weird and heavy… but I haven’t had a period since and I’ve had it for about 4 months now…