Are hot tubs dangerous for pregnant women?

Check with your doctor on these things and not the internet. Also, pregnancy risks/non risks change so frequently, it’s best to get the most current information from a medical professional vs an opinion or potentially outdated information (as science continuously improves)

4 Likes

My doctor told me no when I was pregnant because the extreme temperature change is not healthy for the baby and it’s development.

2 Likes

My ob told me to have a warm bath for my back pain. But she said too hot can be dangerous !

2 Likes

I tried it once, 5 mins in there I was dizzy, I almost couldn’t get out.I was about to pass out in the tub… once I got out my vision was blurry and had a awful headache and walked like a drunk to my room. So don’t even try it.

1 Like

Anything that raises your base body temp can be dangerous for baby. I personally wouldn’t do it

2 Likes

Not good while pregnant

I was always told to not have hot baths while pregnant, warm is fine but not my normal hot baths, when I had read about it myself before it said that it can harm the spinal development, if I can remember where I read or saw it, I’ll post the whole article

Absolutely not. Temps and jets not healthy for fetus. I was even told could cause miscarriage

1 Like

I put my feet in but thats as far maybe dip your body in but if temp rises to high its dangerous!

Unsafe… I use to sit on the side and put my legs in :slight_smile:

A few minutes yes. I’d be more worried about chemicals up in my business.
Hot baths yes girl. I lived in the tub when pregnant! I couldnt don’t hot hot like I used to like. But better then lukewarm but not scorched.

Good luck lady, and congrats on the babe.

I took normal hot baths throughout both of my pregnancies and my babies are perfect. I didn’t do like super hot baths but I did my normal routine.

1 Like

The list of no nos my OB gave me when I was pregnant said NO hottubs and no HOT baths.

A warm bath was my best friend during all of my pregnancies…especially during labor. Just make sure the temp isnt stupid hot and dont over o it in terms of time.

The HEAT is the problem, not the soaking. You dont want it to raise your body temp. If the water is hot enough to do that, you should avoid it.

If the hot tub is your own, and you know its sanitary and can adjust the water temp, sitting and soaking is relaxing and can help lower stress. Just watch the temperature!

1 Like

Honestly, I had just found out I was pregnant and I sat in a hot tub for atleast 30 minutes me and my daughter were fine. Everyone is different though and checking with your doctor never hurts.

With my first single pregnancy I stayed in the hot tub

Doctors say it’s okay for short periods of time. So I would stick to that just to be safe. I still take baths to help me but its not insanely hot.

Baths are fine. Hot tubs are dangerous.

You just can’t raise your body temp so most hot tubs are too hot (because of how high they are set)
But I used my moms hot tub all the time for both of my pregnancies because I could control the temp setting

It is dangerous and not worth the risks.

1 Like

Hot tub can be dangerous while pregnant. Because your body gets to hot while pregnant. They doctors will even tell you that. But a hot bath is safe. That’s what my doctor said because I have awful pelvis pain n that’s the only thing that helps.

1 Like

No. That’s the reason why I exprerience bleeding in my 3 months of pregnancy b4.

I wouldn’t be. Wait until after baby when you really need the relaxing lol

No No No! It’s definitely not safe as it raises your core temperature and can raise your blood pressure it’s not good for your baby at all.

Omg this makes me laugh. Only because many moms ago when I was pregnant we stayed at a resort with a hot tub. I said to my then husband a few minutes won’t hurt. He said no… I don’t want a hard boiled baby​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s not recommended as it could raise your body temp to levels causing possible birth defects.

This is a fantastic question for a dr.

1 Like

Babies cant regulate their temperatures, which is why its also important to not get overheated while exercising. A hot tub or a hot bath is definitely a no no and can cause problems for little ones

When we brought our kids to water parks during my pregnancy I went into the hot tub… But 5 min incrimates and then id sit on the side with my feet in. As long as your not over doing it.

I don’t know if it is but I was at a hotel and I lost my water was in labor was my 4th child and knew I had a long way to go I went and spent 30 mins in hot tub went swimming in the pool went and ate a steak and potatoes and went to lay this started at 6 pm by the time I played down it was 10pm by midnight I was ready to go it sucked being at night I can’t see where were going barely made it in time my doctor got coat off one arm and glove on to catch the head then got other arm out of coat but couldn’t get glove on for the rest to come out I didnt even push.

I stayed on the top step. That way I wouldn’t get to hot but my knees and ankles could relax like they needed

My doctor always said no

They wouldn’t even let me take a hot bath while I was pregnant so I wouldn’t chance it

Nothing over 100degrees. Plus with all the chemicals I wouldn’t think it was too safe

Ask :clap:t3: a :clap:t3: damn :clap:t3: doctor :clap:t3:
Not Facebook :woman_facepalming:t2:
Yes it’s hella dangerous

Big difference in a warm bath and a hot tub. The hot tub will raise your body temperature and you just get use to it. The warm bath is going to cool off.

2 Likes

Baths during EARLY pregnancy is just bad. You eould esentially be cooking your baby.
Baths later in pregnancy as long as not too warm shouldn’t be a big problem. I never took a bath when i was pregnant. I just sat under the running water and let it work out the kinks in my back.
Your dr would know more

A hot bath is actually okay, so long as it’s not scalding or uncomfortable but hot tubs can bring your temperature too high in your body and uterus. Its absolutely not recommended or deemed safe. It messes with your blood pressure as well.

I don’t even trust myself in the bathroom because i know i like my baths hot. It’s not worth the danger too your baby!

Not safe at all. You can get an infection that goes from you to your baby from sitting in a warm bath or hot tub. Also you sh oh lent be in a hot tub while pregnant because you could faint from the heat and fall on your tummy.

Not safe ask your Dr.

No don’t get into one. Can be dangerous. Just asking for trouble

I wouldn’t take a chance.

It’s ok if you adjust the temp to like 70 degrees but then it’s just a swimming pool.

It could cause birth defects nero tube defects. I went to a resort w my family and I was 5 months they had signs posted everywhere ab pg women in hot tub. It raises the body temp and the baby will suffer. I stuck my feet in that’s it. Ur ob will tell u no. It’s very dangerous for u and baby. It can also send u into preterm labor . I’m a nurse also. A warm bath is diffrent from a 104 degree hot tub. Also due to heat water and dead skin , body fluids etc infection is also a risk… the place I was at would ask u to leave if u got in while pg.

2 Likes

Um no. Grandma probably also said pour whiskey in the babies mouth once it starts teething. Hot baths are not good, and neither are saunas, or hot tubs. Having your body temperature rise above 102 is dangerous for the baby.

3 Likes

I went in the hot tub , for short periods maybe about 20 min here and there once throughout my pregnancy for an evening .
My little one is almost 8 months old now . I wouldn’t recommend more then that .

2 Likes

I was told no. But when I was pregnant I did go to a hot spring where the water is pretty hot and all was well.

My doctor told me no. Warm baths and massages but no hot tubs especially not for long periods.

It is 100% dangerous for you & the baby.

1 Like

I adjusted mine to 98 and enjoyed it. Ask your obg

1 Like

No your not suppose to.
If you own it turn down the temp.

My gyn said no hot bads, sauna,… cuz it can cause infections and the temperature is dangerous for the baby

My obgyn was totally against my hot baths with my two youngest. But with my oldest, she’s 14, I spent most of my pregnancy in a hot bath. Just talkto your obgyn honey. At the end of the day, if your not sweating then I see no problem. Make sure your hydrated

I would ask your OB, not for peoples personal experiences😬 I’ve been told no. My OB said not to even use my heating pad on anything but low heat and only in 10 minute intervals.

Hot tubs are nothing but a big petri dish.

Just pay attention to your body if your feet or stomach get red get out. That’s your body telling you your blood pressure is going up. I wouldn’t recommend it!

So when I was pregnant with my daughter my boys played in the pool and I just put my feet/legs in the hot tub… once every so often (every 15 minutes or so)I would sit in it for a couple minutes (2 to 4min) at a time but the minute I felt hot I would hop right out.

1 Like

I was told they would cook your baby

1 Like

No, hot tubs are unsafe for pregnant women. The heat is to high plus bacteria.

2 Likes

With the research and everything I have done… I personally would not… I also wouldn’t use a sauna and I also was mindful of my shower and bath temperatures

Yes. Don’t do very hot bath or hot tub.

No! Do not use a hot tub!!! A hot bath is OK because it doesn’t stay hot and isn’t hot enough long enough to heat up your body. A hot tub or jacuzzi maintains that high temp and it can heat up your body and be dangerous for your baby.

Your baby is already comfortable with the temperature that you’re producing without being in a hot tub.

Full of bacteria and its harmful for your body temperature to go up

1 Like

Too hot for the baby, because baby is already very warm from your body, so too hot of baths and hot tubs raises babies body temp too high

My doctor said it was okay but only in 6 to 10 minute intervals and a 15 min break if i want to get back in again. Also to drink water after i get out.

1 Like

That got a overwhelming amount of no’s, don’t do it. Remember what they knew as safe isn’t up to date for us

I lost a baby because of a hot tub.:disappointed:

Just Not for too long

1 Like

Ask your doctor. Unless your mother and grandmother are docters of any sort you need to go by what your actual dr says. Both pregnancies I was told that you shouldn’t. My children are 4 and 5. But I’m no dr.

As it says in pregnancy books and Dr. Google, no hot baths or hot tubs

You can adjust the temp so its warm not hot so I think it would be ok but ask your dr to be safe

1 Like

You definitely should NOT get in a hot tub while pregnant. It even says it on the signs near hot tubs

I used the hot tub with all 4 pregnancies. I didnt stay in long but it helped tremendously with my back pain.

It has a sticker that says not to use pregnant soooooo…

I would in very very small increments, and never was I covering my full belly. My hips were like glass and I was so uncomfortable. Only way I got any relief. Other than physical discomfort I was healthy and had no risks.

Depends on the temp. Hit tub at 101? No. Hot tub at 97? Fine as long as you don’t get overheated. The concern about a hot tub when pregnant is that your core body temperature will get too high. For me it worked, I kept it low and it really helped my back. For a person not familiar with one? I would say talk to your doctor and really educate yourself first on how to run one and why/how/warnings signs of getting too hot

Not even close to safe

Got tuna ate not safe for pregnant moms. It’s gets your temperature, and the amniotic fluid temperature which takes longer to cook fine than your body temperature which can harm baby

No hot tub , nurse 35 years !It increases the babies temp.

Hot tubs are not a good idea when you are pregnant. I would avoid it all together. Some doctors will tell you not to do this.

Loved my hot tub while pregnant with both my babies!! My dr said it was fine just dont sit in it for long periods. She told me drink lots of cold water and relax! Every person and dr will have different opinions

Wouldn’t recommend it…probably best to call and talk to a doctor since they are the ones with the degree :woman_shrugging:t3:

It depends on how hot it is. If you can control the temp to lukewarm bath water then I guess it’s ok. But typical hot tub temps are dangerous because they raise your core temp too high making the environment unsafe for baby. Also, hot tubs are a breeding ground for germs that cause yeast infections and stuff like that. Any tub big enough to share with multiple strangers is gross anyways but when pregnant you’re more susceptible to infections.

Bottom line:

I’d just dip your feet in until you get the all clear from your doctor…not family members.

What does the Dr say??:woman_facepalming:t3:

I was told no hot tub but a warm bath was fine

Seriously people quit giving her medical advice if you aren’t a doctor! Wtf is wrong with you FB MD people

2 Likes

I took a hot bath everyday while pregnant and my baby is healthy!! Public Hot tubs can increase your risk for infection because of the bacteria that grows in warm water and also those are extremely hot. A hot bath is ok though. Just make sure you don’t get them too hot.

Hot tubs, hair dye with amonia in it along with bleach, horseback riding, and excessive amount of exercise plus cleaning stuff is bed for pregnant women

Hot tubs are a no go above body temp (98°)…

Just listen to your body. I always used a hot tub and took hot baths. Ask your doctor first, but I always just took a break every 10min or so and drank extra water

Umm no. It will raise your body temp, heart rate, and blood pressure which will affect baby. Regular baths at home are fine but not hot tub temps

3 Likes

Yup you just cooking that baby . Maybe ask your doctor.

Don’t turn to opinions and personal anecdotes. Trust science on this one. It isn’t worth the potential of risk to your baby!

Think of what happens to an egg when you boil it in water. Please do not go in a hot tub and please ask your doctor for this type of advice.

My dr always told me don’t tale super hot baths or sit in hotubs you are at risk for damaging even looking your child if I were u I would stick tot he semi got baths

Ask your doctor. They know best. Not your mom and grandma - we know so much more now about pregnancy and babies than they did back when they were raising children. And stop asking strangers on the internet. Everyone will have done something and their baby was fine. But why risk it? Some people do crystal meth while pregnant and have their baby come out healthy, does that mean that crystal meth is good for the baby? No!

4 Likes