Are hot tubs dangerous for pregnant women?

Don’t listen to these people. Talk to your doctor. Not saying that it’s safe… I doubt it is. But you definitely shouldn’t take the word of strangers on the internet over your doctor.

1 Like

No it’s not ok. I was told by the doctor himself it’s not safe to be in a hot tub or hot bath while pregnant.

1 Like

Well and place you got that gals a pool or hot tub like at a hotel say pregnant women should avoid the hot tub. It can also raise your BP which isnt good

Call your doctor and ask they will be happy to tell you what is best for you and your baby not other people

1 Like

Maybe ask your doctor :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Anything that can raise your babies amniotic fluid is not safe to go in… Hot tub is definitely a no no… I would verify and run by EVERYTHING with your ob…

Mine said not longer then 10 minutes & make sure it’s yours and clean. Not a hotel.

No because of the high temperature

I sat on the edge with my feet in the hot tub it felt amazing… But I wouldn’t risk my babies life by sitting in one! Not worth the risk!

It’s about raising your body temperature to unsafe level for you and baby. I don’t think it’s very comfortable for them, either. I got into a hot bath (mostly because I can burn my flesh off and not notice) and I could feel my baby moving away from the heat. I got out and realized how light headed it made me. It sucks, especially if you love hot water, but just try to hold out.

The dr says not to put your whole body, just legs.

Not for long periods of time and not over a certain temp. Our hot tub on vacation stopped right at the mark off temp and I liked spending an occasional 10 minutes in it. My baths are hot though even with both pregnancies and my babies are fine. In fact my son had trouble staying warm when he made his arrival. Maybe it was the warm baths🤷🏻‍♀️

Hot tubs raise your core temperature, which is why theres a 15 minute limit for healthy people to be in them. You should not go in them while pregnant because it adds extra dangers to the baby, plus can cause infections like UTI’s. Even a hot bath while pregnant is not safe. I heard Luke warm is okay but those make me feel chilly so I avoid baths at all while pregnant.
Our moms and grandmas thought that putting our hands above our heads would get the baby tangled in the cord, listen to your doctor, not mom and grandma.

No they are not, legs in sure, but not your belly. Was even told baths are not ideal by my midwife, and I trust her judgement

My doctor said NO HOT TUB at all

1 Like

No. Your doctor will tell you no hot tubs

104 degree or higher a regular time is 10min max

1 Like

You’re not supposed to take hot baths/showers or use a hot tub.

I read about the risks of hot tubs being that they stay at a constant temperature so your body gets too hot. I did go in a hot tub throughout my third trimester but kept it at a safe temperature. It wasnt hot enough for my husband but still relaxing for me!

Depends on how far along you are and how hot, I personally took pretty hot showers when I was quite pregnant and both of my kids are fine

I did n we were perfectly fine. They also say no hot baths but I took scolding hot almost daily lol

I honestly dont know. I’ve heard some crazy stuff abt what not to do during pregnancy . For instance I shouldn’t wear black. I should leave my hair open. I must walk with bare feet. The list goes on. Anything with medical concerns I’d ask my doctor

Hot bath shouldn’t be an issue unless you’ve got it scalding hot. Hot tub is a definite nope though.

Whilst there are people on here saying they did and their babies were fine, please dont follow in their footsteps because whilst their babies were fine others may not be… talk to your doctor

Why don’t you consult your DR vs some idiot that don’t know any more than you do.

1 Like

Check with your Dr, but I’m sure it’s not ideal.

Yes it is dangerous. The way I joked about it when I was pregnant was that it’s like hard-boiling an egg. You’re tummy’s the egg. I know how tempting it is with all your aches and pains, but opt for a warm pool instead.

No hot tubs. Being pregnant you are already at risk for low blood pressure and the higher water temps will raise your body temp to high which can hurt the baby plus it can drop your blood pressure and you wont know it until you go to get out and pass out.

1 Like

Just sit on the edge with your feet in. The heat will raise your body temp and heartbeat which is already under strain. So there is a server medical risk to some women it’s just roulette if it’s you or not.

No , I just ask my husband who is a water tec, builds hot tubs and pools. Children under the age of 12 shouldn’t go into them either cause they can go impatient dew to the water temp being 104. I was also told by my doctor to not have hot baths.

I didn’t even go in the jacuzzi unless it’s cold. Can’t raise your temperature too much.

Do not do it! Hot tubs increase your body temp to high temperatures. Which elevate all sorts of things including babies temperature. It’s hard on your heart which is already pumping much more then usual. Warm baths in a ventilated room are safe but no hot tubs or saunas. If there is even a 1percent chance something is bad for baby why even risk it. All that precious lil person needs is nine months of your time!

There is a difference between a hot bath and an actual hot tub…
Hot tubs even have warnings not to use for more than a short while if pregnant

2 Likes

Ask your Doctor! If you are genuinely concerned for the safety of your unborn child then ask your doctor not a group of strangers.

3 Likes

I’m pregnant and take semi hot baths every once in awhile not often and I get out when I start feeling warm. Definitely a big difference between a hot bath and hot tub. I say go for a semi hot baths!!!

Hot tubs are not safe while pregnant

1 Like

Hot tub/spa no, due to jets and temperature my doc said I could have like warm baths as it was the only thing that would help me with what I was going through, I literally lived in my mums bathroom for the last 3 months of my pregnancy, I also only filled it so that it covered my back and legs my belly was out of the water lol

I think it’s extremely smart of you to ask complete strangers a question that could easily effect the outcome of your unborn child! We know so much more than any medical professionals. What could go wrong?

6 Likes

The difference between a hot bath and a hot tub is the hot bath cools naturally. The hot tub is consistent in high temp…which raises core body temp and can harm you baby.

1 Like

My doctor always told me to take a hot bath if my back hurt or if it felt like I was having Braxton Hicks contractions

Seriously are you women just stupid you keep posting all of this crap like questions about things like should I get in a Jacuzzi when I’m pregnant should I stay with a boyfriend that doesn’t help at all with the kids his own I might add all he does is lay around and drink beer and put me down. Seriously do you not have your own damn brain? Wake up women get a grip stop being stupid these men don’t give a damn about you or your kids all they are is your daddy baby. So they can draw your damn welfare check. Or live off of you if you know how to make a living. and if you do know how to make a living why aren’t you making it for you and your children and forget about a damned ignorant man that does not contribute anything to your family. So that’s my thought on all of your ignorance.

My Dr said as long as the water temp is at or below human body temp short occasional soaks should be fine. The problems arise when the water is actually increasing your internal body temperature.

When I had my 2nd baby 9 months ago my doctor said I could go in our hot tub *IF the temp has been lowered from 104 down to like 80s or 90s, but to still set a timer and never spend more than like 10 minutes in it. I still decided not to, and just sat on the edge with my feet in.

1 Like

not safe at all when pregnant… not even real hot baths… doctors willeven tell you this … and you are already at risk for issues… please… dont

1 Like

Ok I think a lot of people are misreading. From what I understand she wants to take a hot bath not sit in a jacuzzi type hot tub. Warm is ok don’t put it too hot if you sweat or turn red the water is too hot.

1 Like

My doctor said absolutely not especially in the beginning of pregnancy. She said warm baths are ok but don’t sit in them too long. Agree with everyone else tho you need to be asking your doctor.

Not good. Raises the temp in your tummy to much

Even if you put asode the rapid body temperature rise which is dangerous for the baby… the bacteria alone should deff deter anyone away who is with child. Please be safe

As long as it doesn’t over a certain temp (i dunno what it is) ask your midwife

Wanna boil up ya fetus like a spud

3 Likes

You will be fine if it’s at body temp or a little below. And spend only about ten minutes

Oh Dear Lord of the Shepherds… :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Hot tubs are not safe, hot baths can actually cause a certain medical condition can’t think of it right now. My dr told me warm to an extent is okay though, as long as your past your first trimester and the water doesn’t make your skin red. A good way to test the water is to dip your elbow or wrist in. And never run a bath while your in it, often times you’ll run it too hot if you do.

It literally says NOT TO GET IN A HOT TUB WHILE PREGNANT

3 Likes

A hot tub and a hot bath are two different things. A hot tub/jacuzzi is dangerous a hot bath is perfectly fine.

I use my hot tub at 98 and I find it relaxing and perfect for my sore pregnant body. I never use it over 100 because it’s not safe for baby.

Unfortunately, opinions don’t matter on this because there is science-backed evidence that says hot tubs are dangerous for pregnant women and can cause serious damage to the fetus. A hundred people can say their opinion is it’s fine but opinions aren’t facts.

2 Likes

Hot tubs/spas are not safe while pregnant. Your better off having a warm bath if you want that same kinda feeling

It’ll basically be like boiling the baby I was told.

I had a nice warm bath every single day I was pregnant, didn’t harm any of my kids…

Hot tubs and taking a hot bath in your bath tub aren’t the same thing. The hot tub has warning signs on them about pregnant women using them. I guess to each it’s own. But I would listen to the manufacture.

1 Like

Do the people asking these questions to random people on the internet not know what google is??? I mean holy shit! NO NO NO…NO HOT TUBS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN!

I agree with Brenda Crossley on this! Honestly talk to your DOCTOR, that’s why you have one!!! I was informed I could go in if and only if the temp was set at 96° or lower and no more then 15 mins!

Always have just monitor how long your in there

No why risk it. Pregnancy is such a short time in the grand scheme of things. Exhibit some patience and wait til you’re not.

You should ask your doctor I think it’s best

Considering every gym I have been to has signs that specifically say pregnant women cannot use the hot tub and make you sign a waver at sign up to agree not to use it without proof of a doctor’s note stating you can use it- it’s probably not the safest.

1 Like

The reason they say not to get into a hot tub is because your body temperature rises and your blood pressure rises. Hot tubs can cause early labor. It’s your call. But I would not stay in to long if you do, maybe just 20 minutes at a time and dont make a habit of it.

Even a hot bath is dangerous when your pregnant. Hot tubs are definitely a no.

I never got in a hot tub but I got overheated when I was deployed and it was over 100° I didn’t know I was pregnant at the time but I actually passed out from being overheated and it was a terrible feeling. I don’t recommend taking any risks with your baby at all.

I took H O T baths while pregnant with both girls. They all lasted longer than 10 minutes. It was about the only thing that I could do to relieve my back pain. Most Dr’s will tell you no now, but they didn’t tell me that 11 years ago with my oldest. Both of mine were just fine. Just my opinion

I’ve always been told no! It raises your body temp and can cause issues/defects with the baby. I waited til I had mine. I had a ruptured milk duct so sitting in a hot tub felt amazing on the ladies and they were huge and swollen.

My doctor told me to steer clear of hot tubs, not only because they can be a pool of bacteria if not treated right. But the rise in your own internal body temperature! I would definitely consult with your doctor for the health of you and your unborn child.

1 Like

Spending more than 10 minutes in a hot tub can raise your body temperature higher than 101 F (38.3 C). Limited research has shown a small increased risk of neural tube defects — serious abnormalities of the brain or spinal cord — in the babies of women who have fevers during early pregnancy

1 Like

My midwife told me 10 min max in hot tub or hot bath because it raises you cire body temp, almost like giving the developing baby a fever. I would do for 10min, get out amd sut on side with just my feet in. Bath are safe until water breaks fyi.

I’m in nurse in an OB/ Gyn hospital practice… No saunas / hot tubs… High temps and bacteria that can cause a UTI …

NO! Temps are to high and bubbles, my Dr would crap little green apples!

2 Likes

I would avoid sitting in a hot tub while pregnant. Between the bacteria and chance of raising your core body temperature, you are better off waiting until you have the baby. I didnt even color my hair or do my nails while pregnant. Too many chemicals and I dont care what people say, no chemical is 100% safe!

3 Likes

My aunt lost her baby sue to going in a hot tub. It can also cause birth defects for your temperature getting to hot . I would avoid her tubs I did . A reasonably hot bath for a short amount of time is fine tho

1 Like

Yes, they increase your internal temperature, which can cause miscarriage.

I’m 30 weeks and own a hot tub but as per docotes orders I am not supposed to sit in it at all. I am not even supposed to take super hot showers as it could increase the babies temp. If you must, put your feet in the hot tub but I wouldn’t risk it.

I was told no by my doctor said it could cause defect in the baby talk to ur Dr

Just avoid for know.Dont risk it…!!! After baby comes you can soak till your old!! .Good luck on that bundle of joy!!:heart::heart::heart:

I would consult your dr :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Nope talk to your doctor - unless anyone on here is a OBGYN. I can tell you I am 36/37 weeks pregnant and my doctor said to avoid: hot showers, steam showers, hot tubs and hot baths.

I wouldn’t do a hot tub but that being said with my last my hips hurt so bad I took 3-4 10 minute scalding baths a day just to get through it :sleepy:

Consult your doctor, nobody here has the knowledge of your medical history to give you safe advice.

Absolutely not, ask your doctor

1 Like

Hot tubs…like jacuzzi…I would avoid. But I used to take super hot baths and sit in it for hours when I was pregnant with my second son (only 2 years ago) it was the only thing that would relieve the pains and discomfort I was constantly in.

Ive always heard it very dangerous, even taking too hot of a bath can be. Plus youre more likely to get a uti. Dont risk it

1 Like

I have kids that range from 16yrs old down to 9mo and told with every one of them that was a hard no.

I work OBGYN. Trust your OB when they say no hot tubs.

Talk to your OB/GYN, not strangers on the Internet. I was told no

In case your OB/GYN he did not tell you hot tubs or hot baths are extremely not allowed during a pregnancy miscarriages or stillborns will occur

1 Like

My doctor said no way

1 Like