At the risk of being bashed I am going to make a statement/ask a question

Why would you get pregnant once or multiple times and not be married? (This does not include rape or incest, God Bless these woman)You allow the man to have no legal, let alone emotional responsibility. You are worth more than that. To me, it seems the majority of the questions are, from single/unmarried moms, about their "Significant Other". I know there are many means of birth control, and occasionally they don't work, about 3% if I'm remembering correctly. Yes, I know from experience they don't work, but I was married. I think if an unmarried woman chooses to be sexually active, she owes it to herself and self worth to use birth control. A baby doesn't save or continue a relationship. Thoughts and comments welcome. Please be civil.
753 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. At the risk of being bashed I am going to make a statement/ask a question - Mamas Uncut

2 Likes

Cringe :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

16 Likes

The most judgemental thing I have ever read, husbands leave too.

30 Likes

You seriously allowed this judgey, bs question through? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

25 Likes

Simple. Not everyone wants to be married.

16 Likes

Not everyone wants to be married

6 Likes

Thereā€™s no point in even responding to this :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

You really think a ring is gonna make someone act right? :joy::joy::joy: bc isnā€™t 100% effective and husbands can be uninvolved parents too lol.

11 Likes

Not everyone wants or needs to get married, we actually have a choice :joy:

7 Likes

Damnā€¦should have thought of that. I forgot husbands couldnā€™t leave! Son of a bitch I feel like such a dumbass now. :woman_facepalming:

Its 2022 women can want the joy of kids without Being married. Marriage today is not what it use to be you can even still be in a relationship with out marriage. Doesnā€™t mean the kids dont have a dadā€¦good lord

5 Likes

i am married.

however- marriage doesnā€™t mean shit. you donā€™t have to be married to have babies. and no you shouldnā€™t HAVE to be married to have babies.

Fathers still have legal responsibilities even without being married. my son came from a previous relationship where i wasnā€™t married.

stop be judgmental and have the day you deserve :upside_down_face:

Lol. Wow. So youā€™re implying that in order to successfully, happily, raise a child or children you must be married?

That is absurd.

Youā€™re views are clearly outdated and you grew up in the wrong decade.

11 Likes

Some women donā€™t need a man to be a good mom.

12 Likes

Because marriages donā€™t always work, even when kids are involved. Doesnā€™t matter if youā€™re married or not, a man or even a women will stick around because they want to. A piece of paper doesnā€™t determine how someone will parent.:woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Guess what you let alone no one owns someoneā€™s bodyā€¦ so take youā€™re judgmental ass and sit down

Wtf is this post? I personally have no desire to get married to my childā€™s father who is also my boyfriend. Marriage isnā€™t important to me and may not be important to others as well. You are coming off extremely judgmental and itā€™s gross

8 Likes

Iā€™m married to the father of both of my kids, but not everyone wants to get married and thatā€™s okay. At least when they split they donā€™t have to worry about legally having to go get something stating they are no longer together/married. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

What did i just readšŸ„“

3 Likes

A marriage doesnā€™t save or continue a relationship. Ppl still leave like itā€™s nothing in a marriage.

1 Like

Wtf hahaha! Girl, what is this 1950!?

6 Likes

I am not married but have been with the daddy of my 3 girls 11 years. Marriage doesnā€™t define a relationship or whether or not you should have children. Marriages end too.

18 Likes

Marriage means nothing like it did 50 yrs ago

3 Likes

I would love my daughters to be married before having children however I would never judge them or make them feel bad if it didnā€™t happen. While, I agree, women should make better choices on who we reproduce with sometimes, marriage and a ring doesnā€™t determine how the relationship will work out. Married people become single parents alllllll the time.

8 Likes

Your statement screams ā€œKarenā€. Do you have kids? I hope you end up a single mom someday. We come from many walks of life and are each so very different. That means everyone of our situation is unique and different and donā€™t need to be explained to anyone, particularly a judgemental person like you. You need to crawl back from under the rock you came from.

10 Likes

Because not everyone believes you need to be married to show you are committed to eachother.:woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I have 3 kids (ALLSAMEdad) not married nor together anymore but still raise our kids.Shame on you for assuming g people need to be married. I donā€™t ever want to be married. I donā€™t need paper to tell me Iā€™m lovedā€‹:joy::rofl: marriages fail everyday

8 Likes

ā€œPlease be civilā€ as if you didnā€™t just bash an entire group of people because you ā€œdonā€™t understandā€ their choicešŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

42 Likes

I have friends who get pregnant by each relationship theyā€™re in and have 3 or 4 kids. I donā€™t get it myself personally. I donā€™t like my one childā€™s father, why would I want to deal with more?! I already hate people.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. We got married when we wanted to :woman_shrugging:t3: Waited til our girls were 8 and 9, got married, then had 2 more kids. It worked for us. Thereā€™s no set timeline for how things should be done

4 Likes

Seriously married life isnā€™t for everyone me personally I am very independent it just wouldnā€™t work.

1 Like

I watched my mother endure a lot of abuse from her husband/my father when they were married. Now she is unmarried and has 2 more children with a man she loves and who loves her better than her husband ever did. I have 2 children and am not married but am with my childrenā€™s father. Donā€™t be so hateful and judgmental. Nasty.

3 Likes

Lmfao, I have 4 kids, all by the same man, been together for 12 years, not married. It doesnt affect our relationship or parenting, and itā€™s no one elses business even if it did

6 Likes

Birth control fails. We canā€™t control that

1 Like

What in the year 1953 is even happening here

11 Likes

Umm what century are we in ? Marriage doesnā€™t mean shit I was married to my now x husband who now has a collection of 4 x wives.
I donā€™t know who asked this question but I feel sorry for them for so many reasons I canā€™t begin to type em all

Some people donā€™t want to get married. Marriage is just a piece of paper thats it. U can be in a long term relationship and have kids and not be married. The day still has legal and emotional responsibility even if ur not married

1 Like

I personally think you should mind your own buisness. First of all. Marriage is just a piece of paper and ring. You can be commited with out that. And me personally . Ive never been on birth control why. Because it can cause many many problems horminally and can make you infirtle. So no im not going to risk it. And before you even say theres the paragaurd that has no hormones. Nope no thanks not risking it being lodged through my body. Nope.

5 Likes

A marriage doesnā€™t save a relationship. A marriage doesnā€™t prevent unfaithfulness. A marriage is a meaningless act and paper without the actual commitment put into it by both parties. A marriage actually makes it legally harder to leave a person who becomes/is abusiveā€¦ Marriage is nothing special, it is what you put into it. There are women who have many kids with someone and stay unmarried many many years and are perfectly happy and it is a healthy relationship. There are married women with kids by their husbands who remain faithful to them only later to find out the man cheated the whole time and has a whole other family going on elsewhere.

8 Likes

Someone tell this person that this page is for single unwed mothers looking for justification for their fooliā€¦ I mean independent actions that is the bulk of our problemsā€¦ How dare accountability be spoken about a woke motherhood :fist:

4 Likes

Well Iā€™m just going to say- my first marriage to my oldest two Childrenā€™s father did not work out. He had no want or desire to be a husband or father. The man Iā€™m with now & have been with for 10 years- AND have a third child with is an EXCELLENT father to all 3 children. He picks up where the other dad slacks (by not paying child support, not seeing the kids for a year at a time, coaches sports for the older ones, etc.) If itā€™s that big of an issue to you, YOU donā€™t do it! :joy:

1 Like

I have two kids not married but have the same father under the circumstances and the things he puts me through no im not marrying him im doing my best without him and doing whats best for the kids

Maybe they want kids but not marriage :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Some of us actually DO NOT want to get married.

2 Likes

Wow !
I have three children with the same man , we were young when we had our first son ( 16 years old ) June coming marks 14 years we have been together , NOT MARRIED! And quite frankly neither one of us actually want to , but is that any of your business ? NO itā€™s not , are you supporting these children ? I certainly donā€™t think you are , so therefore you have zero right to judge anyone , zero right to an opinion unless asked for !
I know people who were happily married and had children who just fell apart , that shot happens. It donā€™t make them any less of a mom or a human for that matter !

Get off the internet lady !!

2 Likes

I have 5 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN by ONE MAN
AND WE ā€œARE NOT MARRIEDā€
And was together for 16 YEARs
But recently passed away 5 years ago
So u shouldnā€™t think everyone or every story is the same there

Maybe u should worry about ur self :yawning_face::yawning_face::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Yeah? You owe it to yourself, mind ya bidness :dart::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got 3 kids and been with their dad 30 years and weā€™re not married :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Marriage has literally nothing to do with paternity or responsibility of a childā€¦legally, physically or spiritually. This is one of the most asinine things Iā€™ve ever read. Also, I was married and my 3 children were all planned pregnancies. Guess what, we divorced around 7 years ago and although there are no hard feelings, he hasnā€™t been in the position to help care for our children since. So if Iā€™m reading correctly, you believe marriage somehow forces people to stay together and for both parties to assume responsibility? lol What deluded world are you living in?

34 Likes

Marriage is just paper. Married men walk out on their families everyday. I do mean leaving them for good too, not just leaving the wife. Some men just shouldnā€™t ever have kids or a family.

So why would you think itā€™s only unmarried moms with men trouble?

3 Likes

Because weā€™re horrible people that love to cause you ā€œKarensā€ more problems. :woman_shrugging: :woman_facepalming:
Hereā€™s a good question though.

Why do you think we need to be married to have kids? Is it bothering you physically? Emotionally? No? Then :zipper_mouth_face:

And yes. All but 1 out of my 6 were conceived before marriage. Ope. I forgot. :grimacing: I have 3 baby daddies too. Thereā€™s ya something else to cry about too.

5 Likes

People can do whatever is comfortable for them. Not your relationship, not your business.

3 Likes

I agree,why do they keep having babies when theyā€™re in bad relationship ā€˜s doesnā€™t make any sense .

3 Likes

Have a seatā€¦ā€¦ have several

1 Like

ā€œA baby doesnā€™t save or continue a relationshipā€

Neither does marriage. Marriages still end. You can have the best relationship and not be married. You can have the worst relationship and be married. For some people marriage is just a piece of paper. It doesnā€™t have the same significance it had.

10 Likes

A marriage wonā€™t keep the other person from leaving or stepping outside of the relationship. Women donā€™t need to be married to have children or create a family with their partner. Is this a troll post?! :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

I have 3 kids, same dad. Wasnā€™t married when I got pregnant with the first two. We were before the 3rd. Still happily married and never used birth control!!!

1 Like

1st of no birth control is 100% NONE!!! Secondly mind your own fucking business!!!

1 Like

I think this poster is slightly old fashioned. One time if you got pregnant you didnā€™t tell and got married asap. Wouldnā€™t dare have a kid out of wedlock. Get with the times or get a different religion. As there is still some religions like that.

Wellā€¦ birth control is actually terrible for your body. Soā€¦ thereā€™s that.

4 Likes

Sometimes I donā€™t have sex to have kids.

Sometimes I have sex just for orgasms. :speak_no_evil:

Sometimes people donā€™t even love the person theyā€™re having sex with. :see_no_evil:

Sometimes people have sex just to get off. :hear_no_evil:

Sometimes babies happen, but faking a love/marriage is ridiculous and no one should be put through that nor should children be lied to or conditioned to ā€˜fake it till they make itā€™. Why be married if you donā€™t feel like you want to, or love the person enough. Shit happens. Mind ur business. As long as the children are happy and healthy it really doesnā€™t matter.

What :rofl: not everyone wants to get married, and not every woman is able to take birth control. Marriages also donā€™t always work out, and most people donā€™t have babies to ā€œsave a relationshipā€ which most men are forced into marriage by society and the women they are with- which is also why thereā€™s so many against it now and why the divorce rate is so high. Each person and couple has their own thing that works

1 Like

None of that is any of you business. Some of us manage to have babies with no men quite successfully. Judgy much?

1 Like

Iv been with my daughters dad almost 14 years and were not married, were pretty mich married anyway and we dont need a peice of paper to know that we love each other

2 Likes

I think for someone who has so much to say on the matter, you posted annomusly! Thatā€™s hysterical.

I love how classy some of these comments are. Like seriously. Marriages end just like regular relationships. Birth control is unhealthy. And you donā€™t have to be married to prove your love to each other.

GOOD POINTS MADE LADIES!

7 Likes

This is why so many women stay in abusive marriages. They are so scared of the opinions of others that they rather deal with the abuse/neglect/etc. than deal with the judgement of others.

16 Likes

Iā€™m a married woman and I still donā€™t believe a piece of paper adds much to the relationship. Maybe for legal purposes! It must be hard to breathe from that high seat youā€™re sitting onā€¦

6 Likes

She has every right to voice her thoughts on the subject

9 Likes

The importance of marriage is not what it once was. I got pregnant young and my mother asked me when I was going to get married. I told her ā€œprobably never to himā€ (and I didnā€™t) my mother (a divorced woman who remarried) had trouble understanding and asked me ā€œwhat will the baby think growing upā€ I told her. I donā€™t know probably the same thing I did growing up. I donā€™t remember you and dad being married and it made no difference in my life that you ever wereā€. She thought about this and said ā€œyour grandmother asked me what you (me) would think when you grew up if I got divorced. I understand what you mean nowā€ itā€™s just a different time now and you donā€™t have to commit to marriage just because you are pregnant anymore.

1 Like

Ladies do not explain yourself to this a hole. She should not be concerned with the decisions of others. Her husband is probably with his side chick as we speak. And no I am not bitter, however extremely offended. I am a single parent because the love of my life passed away. I had no control over that!!

4 Likes

I kinda get what she is saying, not so much being married but allowing horrible men to mistreat us and then pro create with them and then complain afterwards about how bad he is haha

12 Likes

Wow you are being very judgmental. Sounds also like you think youā€™re better. I hope your perfect life never gets turned upside down and that loving faithful relationship stays that way :wink: not all who are single are unhappy and not all marriages are happy.

3% made me think of him :sweat_smile:

I had 2 kids by the same man and we were married. Still got divorced and he still has zero responsibility :woman_shrugging: go crawl back under your rock :+1:

5 Likes

Many people choose not to marry but commit to the same person for life
Many people choose to be sexually active with different partners.
Many people choose to have children and be single parents when their partner dies or the relationship breaks down
It is not our place to judge other peoples lifestyle .
Contraception is not 100 % and is the responsibility of both partnersā€¦not just women.
If a woman says sheā€™s taking precautions then the man should too. Pills help stop unwanted pregnancy as do condoms but condoms also protect against stds .

You realize some people donā€™t actually believe in getting married as in some donā€™t believe in kids before married everyone is different.
We canā€™t push what we believe down someoneā€™s throat. And it doesnā€™t mean we let them have less of responsibility even married men do the same crap

3 Likes

What about if your a woman wanting a child and then when you become pregnant the person you was with decides they dont want the baby and leaves therefore you are left a single parent

1 Like

Wowā€¦are you that needy that you need to be married?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted kids since I was little. My ex-husband talked real big about us having them, too, before we got married. After the wedding he ā€œchanged his mindā€ and I found out he had 2 adult daughters (he was older than me) from a marriage he never told me about. That was part of the reason we got divorced. A few years later, when I was 36, I was still not seeing anyone and knew I was getting close to the safe age to have kids, so I had my own. I had my own house and a great job, and my male best friend donated for me. That was almost 18 years ago and my son and I do well together, and heā€™s the light of my life.

2 Likes

Not everyone wants to be married. This isnā€™t the 50s

2 Likes

Not everyone wants to be married. Iā€™ve been in a relationship for a long time. Going on 8 years. I donā€™t want to get married. I have a child from a previous relationship. He has 2. All five of us live together and are one big happy unwedded family.

Iā€™m happily married but both our kids were conceived before our marriage. I also know plenty of people in miserable marriages that feel stuck because the intimidating divorce and custody process they would have to go through. This post is giving 60 year old out of touch with society and todayā€™s world.

3 Likes

A piece of paper doesnā€™t commit anyone in a relationship either . People still break up or cheat etc . Seen it happen many times in marriages you think are going great from the outside . And people deserve the right to choose what is best for themselves . Marriage, relationships , children not everyone wants these things and many do but not all either .

2 Likes

For those that donā€™t follow religion, marriage is just a piece of paper. If someone can be happy and raise a family, why should marriage be a requirement?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been with my significant other for 10 years, and weā€™re not married.:woman_shrugging: we both wear rings and refer to each other as husband and wife, but i donā€™t need a piece of paper to prove our love for each other. And our three kids are loved unconditionally. (And two of them were conceived while I was on birth control.:woman_shrugging:)

Marriage isnā€™t the end all be all it once was. If someone in a relationship is going to cheat, a piece of paper isnā€™t going to stop it.

1 Like

My pregnancy was when I was young. I was 16. When I went to go on bc it was too late. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d be with my boyfriend forever and I was right but I wasnā€™t going to give up my child because of it. I didnā€™t mean to get pregnant so early but Iā€™m glad I did. I have a beautiful 9 nine year old and a wonderful 7 year old with my now husband and he is a wonderful dad to both kids.

Because we want a child without the BS of dealing with a man. Iā€™m a single mom and I wouldnā€™t want it any other way. I receive 0 support from my childā€™s SD and I prefer it that way.

2 Likes

Even though the baby was a surprise, he was very loved and very wanted. The man, on the other hand, was a mess. Marrying him wouldā€™ve complicated an already complicated situation.

1 Like

Why is it your business, is a better question imo :woman_shrugging:t2: if a relationship isnā€™t going to work it itā€™s not going to matter whether you are married or not. Honestly I believe if you are married and in a shitty relationship it tends to make people stay when they shouldnā€™t even more so than not being married from what Iā€™ve seen. You donā€™t have to be married to prove you love someoneā€¦ my husband and I werenā€™t married when we had our first and didnā€™t change anythingā€¦ if you had any common sense youā€™d realize you donā€™t have to be married for a man to have a responsibility to a child that is his :roll_eyes: a woman also doesnā€™t need a man to successfully raise a childā€¦ but hey ignorance is only bliss for the ignorant themselves I suppose.

The thing is if you are not financially able to tend a child as a single parent, stop popping them out! I am with the OP. Too many are having kid after kid, with different men and then whining about child support and how heā€™s never there when you need them. If you cannot do it alone, then use birth control. Do not keep popping out babies with some guy you met a month ago. No time to know what he is like and yet willing to keep getting pregnant. Pregnant will NOT cement a relationship. It will not fix a broken relationship. And for godā€™s sake stop trying to fix him. Men are not broken. They do not need you to change them. If you cannot take them as they come, then leave them be find someone who meets your criteria to begin with.

2 Likes

Not everyone believes in marriage. Thatā€™s including myself. I WAS married with the donor of my first 2 kids. It was a shit show and he has not paid a single penny or been in their lives for over 10 years. My S/O now is always responsible with the kids, is engaged with them, plays with them, and doesnā€™t go blow money on stupid shit. We live together but not married. A piece of paper doesnā€™t make a man, it doesnā€™t make them a father and it doesnā€™t make them responsible

1 Like

This is a very loaded question.
Marriage doesnā€™t guarantee that that man is going to treat you or your kids right. It doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not going to bail out when things get hard. It doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not going to cheat.

I got married to my ex husband before I had our son. It lasted less than a year. He was abusive and lazy. He hasnā€™t paid a single cent of child support even when it was ordered. Gave me full physical and legal custody if I dropped it (so I did).
My now husband? We moved in together after 6 months. Our child together was one when we got married. But we lived and acted as though we were.
Weā€™ve been together going on 7 years.
Married going on 3.
I stay home.
He provides for us.
He helps me with the kids and the house including taking on my oldest as his own.
If we ever separated/divorced he would still absolutely be there for BOTH kids.

Just for a little perspective here.

1 Like

Patriarchal bullshit

Or just donā€™t judge people.

4 Likes

I had all three of my children before I married their dad. I was dumb and 18 at first but Iā€™m glad he didnā€™t just marry me because we were going to have a kid thatā€™s not necessarily love. If you are going to get married it should be completely because of your love for the other person. I do find this question offensive and rude

1 Like

I was going to answer thisā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ but then I said F it I donā€™t need to explain a gatdamn thing to a soul! :slightly_smiling_face::partying_face: #MoodAll2022

1 Like

1, not everyone wants to be married even tho theyā€™ve been together for years. I personally donā€™t do marriage, and never plan on having an actual legal marriage. I donā€™t need a piece of paper to tell me who I love. We both wear rings regardless. 2, I was on birth control BOTH times I got pregnant, birth control obviously just doesnā€™t work for me. 3, my kids arenā€™t any less loved by their dads just because we arenā€™t/werenā€™t married (I had my first at 16, and my second at 22 with different dads). 4, my mom and dad were married for almost 20 years before they got divorced, and my mom basically did it all on her own even with a man in the house.

Every situation is different. Everyoneā€™s way of life and they way they look at like are different. Canā€™t judge someone because of when they had a child or what relationship status they had when the child was conceived or bornšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Uhmā€¦marriage is a piece of paper. You canmale the commitment to your partner and god on your own with out marriageā€¦my fiance and i have been together 11 years. Not married. 2 kids. No common law in my state so not even commonly married. Not everyone wants it.

1 Like