Baby girl name ideas?

I always loved the name Eva, Viviana/Vivianne, Daveny, and Victoria. I know someone who named their baby Mila Victoria and I loved it.

My top girl names are Penelope, Madelaine, Adeline and Juliette. If you’re not sure on what to go with, start with family or friends who you’d like to give the middle name after! I’m going to incorporate my mum and my sister ( Elizabeth and Rachael ) :relaxed::relaxed: Congratulations on your baby girl :tada:

4 Likes

For a middle name, I wanted to include both of my grandparents Margaret and Margaretha, we came up with Maggie, as both of those names were very old fashioned :blush:

4 Likes

Remember when naming that sweet bsby, she will carry that her whole life…my husband called our baby Mandy from the day he found out we were expecting and wanted to name her that…i named her Amanda Renee we called Mandy but as an adult she goes by Amanda and thanked me that I gave her a name that was adult and professtional

1 Like

I went with an old soul sorta name. I’ve come to realize that whatever you pick, suits them as they grow. My daughter’s name is Rosalinda. But we call her Rosy and everyone has their version of how to spell it. (Rosie, Rose, Rosi, etc.) And in school she goes by her full name. Something I couldn’t have foreseen is that when she plays outside, her cheeks get super flushed. So Rosie always has “rosy” cheeks. :blush:

1 Like

Lmao I had 4 kids and they came home baby girl baby boy for at least a week lmao I had list and nobody agreed my family thinks they had the baby .so it will come too you ,I wanted something different , not yr everyday name .my first lacie she was 6lbs lacie reminds of very petite just example so don’t worry yr baby will have just the right name ,congrats enjoy every minute . Lacie is 30 already and don’t nobwhere time went

Liberty. Would be my choice… Middle name… Hope? I only had 1 girl but if I had a 2nd one thats what I would have named her. You will know when you see her & hold her. A special name will just pop into your head & it will be the right special one…

Saw a movie about a month before with the song “Come home with Bonnie Jean” - knew immediately that was it and she is a dear and talented “BONNIE JEAN”. (66 years ago) Best of luck deciding. :tulip:

1 Like

We always picked out our names together. We didn’t know what it was until it was born. That’s the beauty of naming your children, do it yourself why need anyone that doesn’t even know you or your child to have an opinion. Just saying. I’m old school and like to do my own thing We have 1 boy and 6 girls.

I know someone who has 3 girls, Presley, Colby, Blakey. They’re unusual but I like them. My granddaughters are Shelby, Kaitlyn, Sydney, and Breanna. My name is really unusual, Aleta (the e is long). Anne is my middle name, I’m 71 years old, have no idea how my Mom came up with my name😏

I loved the names Darcee, finley, sunny, sage. I loved Coraline but nobody else did. We had Darcee Sage or Darcee Jo picked out until we found out it was another sweet little boy. :blue_heart:

Faith is when I nearly got hit by a car that ran a red light as I was walking to the hospital to be induced, Taaria is cause I had to wait 7 years to get my second baby, and Wahine is cause my baby looked like one which means Lady which she is starting to be like one

Lorraine, Rainy for nickname. But you will take one look at her and see her name in her sweet face, Good luck.

Tigerlily Nicole, a tigerlily is a flower and it’s also the name of the Indian princess in Peter pan. This is my daughter’s name

1 Like

My Daughters name is Kaleigh Ann, used 3 Grandmothers names together. one was Kay, one was Leigh and one was Ann. My other Daughters name Is Mackenzie Rose just because I love that Name. Good luck.

I really like Desiree Mae, Danica Jane, Hazel Grace, Jaida, Giselle, & Raina. I have 3 daughters so it can be tricky picking out names lol their names are Raelin Rose, Serena Marie & Keira Leigh. It took me forever to pick those 3 name combinations… Good luck I’m sure whatever you pick is going to be as beautiful as she is.

We just had our last baby and his gender was a surprise. Had he been a girl, we would have an Elie Aubrey :purple_heart:

Lyric Jade, Lylah Mae, Lennon Rose, Lilly Jade…those were names i hade picked for girls…but had 3 boys…their names are Allan Wayne, Damion Lucous, and Lennon Hendrix…names are hard you and your kids will have to live with it…good luck!

There are thousands of names you could choose. I would personally try to think of something that means a lot to you and then look up names that have that meaning. Arabella: means lovely and elegant, Clara or Claire: bright, Mia: beloved, Kaitlyn: pure.

When my parents named me, they consulted my three older siblings. My brother, who is ten years older than I am, said, "How about “Nancy?” Everyone liked it, so that is my name. Well, as it turns out, my mom later found out that my brother had a big crush on his art teacher whose name was “Nancy.” Essentially, I’m named after my brother’s art teacher.

I have an Autumn Baylee and an Addison Mackenzie. :relaxed:

1 Like

Amy Nicole. Don’t use an unusual spellings for her name.

1 Like

I have a Harlow Rose

But if I were to ever have another girl, she would be Nova Ivette

I was going to name my second Bellamy Kaye when I was pregnant because we were told he was a girl first. Luckily we had already picked out a boy name because that’s what he ended up being lol. But Bellamy was always my choice. It’s different without being off the wall or gets the child looked at differently or bullied.

Camille is a really pretty name. I’m a teacher and I’ve never had a Camille in my class. I like how it’s not common but at the same time it’s not strange. I personally think that when people try to be really unique and creative with names, they usually just sound like they were trying too hard and the name just sounds obnoxious lol!

I love the names with Rose as a middle name Natalie Rose or Adalyn Rose but using Grace ad a middle name is pretty too. Our grand daughter gave her little girl three names, Bryn Audrey Joy!!!

Have a list of names you love. Maybe family names. When she is born you will know which one fits her most.

Think of a character that you want the bub to have ie grace, love etc, then go to google and type in that character word and the words baby name after it. For example - love baby name - and you come up with the name Amara, Davina etc.

My daughter’s name is Leilani. It is Hawaiian and means beautiful. In high school she used her nickname of Lilly

Well, i looked for people i admired for names. Andrew after the apostle Andrew. Katherine after Katherine Hepburn because shes a strong lady. Think about the people you have known in your life who have been a positive influence to you.

My daughter’s name is Heidi Lane. I still to this day have rarely met another child her age named Heidi, and I love that.

picking out a girls name is very difficult. She may keep her last name or if she marries, she may take her husband‘s last name. So finding names is just to find who she is. My son and daughter-in-law did not want to know the sex of the baby but they had a list of boys and girls names. Making a list may allow you to look at your baby girl and see who name should be hers. Good luck and congratulations. Names goes in cycles. When I went to school, I had at least three Kathy‘s in my classes. Today you really don’t hear that name much anymore for a child. I’m not suggesting it. List of names that I like, Grace, Elizabeth, Abigail, Jennifer, Susan, Sharon, Lucy all with the middle name of Anne.

I always said if I had a girl her name would be Rebecca. I never had one though. :upside_down_face: that name may seem dated now, idk.

Just remember, what ever you decide to name your baby, have in mind her initials. I wanted to name my daughter “Ashley Suzanne and her initials would have been ASS. So of course we chose a different middle.
I wanted to name my Son Bradly and his initials would have been BS so we changed his name too. Just a thought. I’m sure, what ever name you decide, her name will be beautiful. :two_hearts:

As soon as I got pregnant we had baby names chosen, if it was a boy it would be Jamie John and for a girl it was Jamie Catherine, we had a girl

1 Like

Lot of mothers are using boy names. Scotti , Saylor sterling . You could use Beckham . I liked Johnna Jillee , you could use Brecke Skylar. That’s my oldest sons name. Spelled Breck Skyler.

My Son is Tobin Willow… If I had a girl Mason or Lilith were my top choices. I love different names. Good luck Mom!

Grace is really pretty for first or middle. Margaret is also good for first or middle name.

We couldn’t decide on a name for our daughter 29 years ago but wanted something different.My husband heard a song on the radio called mellow yellow by Donovan,I’m just mad about Saffron went the line so that was it although we spell it Safron and still love it :heart_eyes:.

I think you should always consider how a name would sound for an adult or old person. I hate made up names or names that are stupidly spelt. Says a lot about the parents.

I had a name for all of mine and never used any of them because when I laid eyes on them I new who they were

1 Like

When I found out I was having a girl, only one name came to mind, and we stuck with it! Her name is Maya. :slightly_smiling_face:

I always loved the name Mila cause I’ve always had a crush on her​:joy::joy: but i ended up naming my daughter Zahlia! But that’s a whole other story :joy:

Alabama Rose, Montana Skye, Georgia Rayne, Virginia Snow, Arizona sunshine,

Have you thought about one syallable names easy to say easy to spell and you really can’t baby them down by adding a ie to the end examples I like are Kai Brooke finn Lee and renn li

Genevieve Joy then you could use nicknames Evie, Gene, Eve, Viv or Joy.

My mums name and my middle name is Rae… I live it but couldn’t carry it on as only had boys. If I d had a girl would have been Imogen Rae x

My son his wife had twins and he named them heaven and nevaeh both names are same names only backwards

Hazel Mae-Lynn is a name I’ve always been stuck on. My grandma’s middle name was Mae, her sister’s name was Hazel and my stepmom’s middle name is Lynn so that’s how I came up with that :rofl:

Katherine Samantha. It was the name I picked for my kids…but that never happened. Alexander Charles for a boy

When I was pregnant and picking names, we had three in mind for a girl. Elizabeth Diane, Rachel Renee, and Audra Annalynn. I ended up having a boy!

My granddaughters names
Paris, Chenelle, Kyah, Imogen, Harper, Makenzie and Remi

My daughters name is Amina Promila Paul. Amina stuck with us the longest so we new that’s what we wanted and Promila is my mother in laws name, she passed away two weeks before I met my husband and Paul is our family last name :heart:

Mine is Isabelle grace. If I was to have another (I won’t) it would have been Stella for my g grandmother. Charlotte also on the list.

My daughter’s name is Malaina Elise … I almost went with Malaina Elizabeth but her last name is Henderson and thought that would be way to long and too many syllables … but my other names that were tosses were
Hayden Elizabeth , Lucille Anne , Margret Lynn , (Gr. Grandmother’s name ) and family names.

With all my girls I’ve waited till I had them and I always took there names as something to do with there events leading up to there births or I could see there personalities when they were a day old

Go back in your family for names. That’s what we did for the middle names of our girls.

We named our daughters Jennifer Ann and Amy Marie.

We used a biblical name for our daughters first name and a family name for the middle.

Any name is fine, but please avoid silly spellings, such as using Y when an I is easier…
Or any silly Hollywood names such as Tu Morrow…

1 Like

Just be sure to check out what the initials spell. And think about pronunciation. Kids can be cruel.

Michelle Marie was a name we picked for a girl but had four boys.

I never had a daughter, I have two sons. If I would have had girls they would have been Kayla Danielle and Lauren Ashley. Today I like the names Claire Ann and Cassidy Rose. I also like Vivian Leanne.

Ava Jayne I always wanted to name my girl but after four boys I’m forever going to be a boy mum instead :heart:

1 Like

Maybe Google a characteristic you wish your baby will have then find a name that means that.

My girls are called ,megan-leigh,morreghn-violet-annie,mia-maureen and meadow-jean x

If I could have talked my husband into it my daughters name would have Rowan Leigh.
Instead we compromised on Sophia May.

Choose three names and when you see your little girl - and spend time with her in the hospital- you’ll know which one is hers​:hibiscus::cherry_blossom::purple_heart:

I called my daughter who is now 32 Tahnee unusual name Raquel Welsh’s daughters called that

If I had a daughter, I would call her Summer. ( it goes with my last name)

Our daughters are called Bethan Amy and Helena Carys. Carys is Welsh for Amy I believe.

If you like unusual names here’s a few if they’re any help.
Acecharmaine
Cherylee
Corrina malandra Carmen x
Good luck x

If our son was gonna be a girl we were gonna go with aurora rose

I had a son so my ex picked the name, but for a girl I had chosen Jasmine Rose after my 2 fave flowers & essential oils

Please do not give out first and/or middle names of anyone on Facebook!

1 Like

My girls are McKenzi Quinn and Vivian Nova

I’ve always like the name Amber Rose , Autumn Summer .

Florence. I love that these old names are returning

I’m partial to Nancy, but hardly anyone uses that name anymore.

Amorette or Arabelle. Also Katherine, Glenys, Alexandra, Hope, Faith, Janis, Karen. Just a few to think about.

Eden was my choice if I had another girl

Angel, Violet (the incredibles), Eve (Wall-E)…if I had a daughter I would name her either Raven or Robyn

Always see how the name sounds with the last name before you choose a name

My daughter name is Angelique , pronounced in french .

I had five sons. But if I had had a girl her name would be Angelique Ray Anne or Cassandra Marie.

My daughter is Lorelei Doreen Mary…but, you don’t hear the name Tracy anymore :crazy_face:

A mother should pick a name spelled the traditional way. It is frustrating to always hv to spell your name because the spelling is untraditional.
IE Allison… not Allyson

I am also having a hard time coming up with girl names, but so far have Shelby, Evangeline, Evelina, Penelope and Juniper.

Brylee Rain, Landry Ann, Gracie Faith, Emily Rose, Jema Jo, Jenna Kay, Rayley Cene, Cori Lee, Pasilee Ann, Hannah Jean, Makenna Ray, Charlie Jean

Light up a candle, go into your quiet space and let her name come to you!

Violet, Hazel, and Gypsy are all my favorites

How about a family name?

Try names that they won’t mind writing not difficult to spell or pronunce.

Unusual try the French Bertille

I love Joslyn and names like Mary Alice (Double names?).

I wanted to call my daughter Francois, its so beautiful but others put me off it :grin:

1 Like

Olivia Grace. I have two boys, if I would’ve had a girl that’s what her name would’ve been.

1 Like

Jasmyne jade would be nice. But whatever you call her congratulations on her arrival. Xx

My daughters are Alethea Lauren/Alee, Kayleigh Rae/Kay, and Brianna Lee/Bri.

1 Like

My two favorite names are Jayne and Anne

2 Likes