Best diaper rash cream?

Dr. Smith’s diaper cream.

take flour put it in littlest#ed it let cool is it scorce&and brown and kinda lumpy now is it cool sprinkle it on you baby’s totem don’t rum it in sprinkle it loosely in pull up or diapers now change been needed when pres then apply more and by morning I promise Toulouse baby’s bottom will be betterorcleRed up "l swear by it my mom used it on us when we were small.thAnks for listening spread the word it won’t hurt the child promise

Zinc oxide, hospital used on me what relief I got.

if your child is sick throwing up give him peach juice 1tsp )half hour and again another half tbs sure peach juice do it for an hour then wait a little bit if not take him to do ter

Cake on the purple desitin 40% zinc oxide and put quite a bit of corn starch over the ointment to kind of soak up the diarrhea so it’s not direct acid on her skin.

Eucerian and aquaphor

Dont ise baby wipes use paper towels with clear water

Don’t use any chemicals on open raw skin without speaking to a doctor. It could make it hurt even worse.

Just plain cooking cornstarch and leave diaper off as much as possible when she goes to sleep leave diaper off and just put towel or something under little bottom

1 Like

Boudreaux’s Butt Paste

Yogurt will help with the diarrhea but if you can keep her diaper off to get air it will help. When my daughter was an infant she was in the hospital and they kept her diaper just tucked under her and opened to keep her butt exposed.

How old ? If still n diaper take diaper off and make sure something is under so won’t get wet if got to go but leave bottoms off and let air get to bottom

Buy cornstarch and pour some inside a big sock and patted on her bottom very lightning

3 Likes

Any anti bacterial hand soap. Was with every diaper change

Our Granddaughter had poroblems with a problem like that and the dr said mix, Diaper rash medicine, lotramin, hydrocortizone cream and Triple antibiotic cream together. 1 oz of each, or in our case we mixed a big batch, and got all of this at the Dollar Tree store and mixed it together ratio one to one with all of it and used it several times a day and it works wonderful.

1 Like

The best thing to do is no pamper or undies and a little aquaphor and al fresco so the healing can start.

have you try ed desitin

Paw paw ointment, it is the best thing and natural, also works for dry lips

Vaseline!!! And use a warm wet wash cloth instead of wipes to clean

1 Like

Aquaphor from the baby section at Wal-Mart… I like it because, it my boys have a rash no matter how bad it’s gone after one to 2 uses… it’s also really light you can get in in a clear jell to which is my favorite… it was recommended by my first sons doctor when he was about 2 months (now 2 1/2) …

1 Like

Put Corn starch in a pan and brown it. Then once it’s cooled, sprinkle it on the baby’s bottom like you would baby powder. It doesn’t have all the chemicals that baby powder does and it works. I did it with my kids. Been in my family remedies for generations.

Let her bottom air out and I would lay off the creams and ointments because they are going to seal in some of that moisture right now and hurt it more. It needs to dry out. I swear by corn starch…It would work within a couple HOURS when my lil guy would get diaper rash. Johnsons baby powder with cornstarch (the blue bottle) works fine but honestly if you have regular corn starch in your pantry just use that. It is perfectly silky and dry and gives immediate comfort to the irritated and inflamed areas. It sucks seeing them suffer like that. :heart: good luck.

What is corn starch ???

The same thing happened to my daughter, our doctor had us put a little bit of athletes foot cream on her bottom twice a day for 5-7 days. Her rash cleared up in 3

I’d suggest confirming first with your pharmacist but my little guy did the same thing. Usually while teething, and they recommend Canesten because of their soft skin and it can actually be a fungal thing due to the diarrhea and poop.
Within 8 hours his bum wasn’t so red and he wasn’t screaming every time I came at him with diapers or wipes…

Ok seriously baking soda baths in the sink. My little went through the same and it was really acidic poop. Baking soda baths neutralize the acidity left on the skin and after a couple days the blisters could heal.
Baking soda baths and air dry.

2 Likes

I had used auquafor it seemed to do the trick for my son

Msybe you should keep it dry. No ointments or creams. Try cornstarch. It worked wonders for me.

2 Likes

Neosporin always worked for me

Have u seen her doctor,?if there are now blisters you should have them help her out. No Walmart…just go to the doctors.

Get a prescription from the Dr.

Honest multi balm or bacitracin

corn starchfound at thecooking and baking section

Aquafore. There is also an ointment called calmaseptine. It can even be used for bed sores. I used to buy it at CVS. You have to ask the pharmacist for it. They keep it back there.

Bagbalm. Originally it was for cows utters but it works so well for babies it is now sold next to diaper rash medications in most stores. I used it on my oldest son. You can also ask your Dr. for a prescription of Silvadine… that stuff is magical, I used it on my 2 youngest daughters.

Take her to a doctor, she may need a Steroid cream and leave her nappy off as much as possible.

You need to let her have a little time naked. I’ve found best to put a little vaseline on then put baby powder over the vaseline. I also use bourderax butt paste. You can get all of these things at walmart

Bag balm, or corn starch

A minute or two of direct sunlight and letting her go diaperless as much as possible works like a charm for my daughter

Coconut oil works wonders.

Cornstarch or Vaseline is great

No baby powder. Cancer!!! Silvadine is for bad burns but would work great

Vaseline and corn starch

Burt’s bees!!! It’ll be gone in 2 days

If it has been caused by diarrhea more than likely it has turned into a thrush rash. Will need to see a dr and get Nystatin cream. It is only available by prescription. If you are concerned, I would take her to her pediatrician and let them take a look at it. They will be able to tell you how to best treat it.

All my kids did this I used to let them go bare bottom a couple of hrs a day after there warm baths to wash of all from there bottoms it did awsome for all my babies

Baby wipes \ cornstarch

Bordeux butt paste it works miracles

stop with baby wipes , use a wet soft cloth to clean her . even the sensitive one my burn .

1 Like

Definitely take her to see the doctor and have them check it out. It may actually be a yeast infection. My daughter got one after having bad diarrhea and she was only 3 months old. Clotrimazole 1%, aka Canestan, is safe to use on babies and as others have said, keep her diaper off to let it “air out” so to speak. Just put down a towel over a change pad and let her lay down. Any damp against her bottom is just irritating it even more. And yes, use a damp cloth instead of wipes then pat dry. Hopefully, it’ll clear up in a few days.

Clean, dry, Crisco …works wonders

Yes try paladin ointment , somotimes pharmacy has stock or have to order about 6/8 $ works like magic bees wax / lanolin great 4 burns also goes a long way pharmisist told me about this still using my baby is 20 and

Corn starch in a sock remedy since way back in the 50’s.

Shawn, is right. When she was little it was baking soda baths, then I put a garbage bag on the living room floor topped with a fluffy towel and a receiving blanket in a sun spot for her to nap on. Air drying is best. After the nap I dusted her bottom with cornstarch instead of creams and powders. It did take more than one nap.

1 Like

A very old remedy called Resinol, it works for extreme diaper rash, burns and many other skin problems. Is very soothing if kept in the fridge.

We used Bag-balm for diaper rash.

1 Like

If it is yeast, get vagisil or monostat vaginal yeast cream, it works on babies and children. Do not get the medicated! Vaseline and cornstarch are great for chaffing or irritated butts, not for yeast

Aquaphor always works for us. Also add some baking soda to the bath

1 Like

Aquafur cream at Wal-Mart and oatmeal bath

Cornstarch, Cornstarch, Cornstarch…my kids didn’t believe me until they had kids of their own, now they won’t use anything else!!! And it’s cheap too :smiley:

I got the maximum strength desitin and lots of baths

I found A&D ointment worked the best for my baby.

2 Likes

Sounds like a yeast infection. Red sore blister bumps are almost always yeast infections. If diaper cream doesn’t help, try regular yeast cream twice a day for a day, if it starts getting better keep using it for a week. Yogurt helps flush it out of the gut so it doesnt come back. Be sure to keep it clean and dry.

Bag balm is what I’ve used on all 3 of my girls. I’ve never used diaper rash cream. Full of chemicals and it does nothing!

1 Like

not cornstarch it can cause a yeast infection. the best diaper rash cream we used when our kids had bad rashes was Destined. it’s thick but did the trick. if spots were raised we, d put little pieces of destiny covered gaze on them.

Pure corn starch, found in the baking isle at any store …
Do Not use baby powder!

Sunshine and Bepanthen cream is good will only need a couple of minutes in the sun to help dry the rash

Bag balm mixed with Aquafor worked great on my kids.

Call your pediatrician

Hemp or cbd based oitment mixed with coconut oil and lots of air time will have it good in 2-3 days

Bag balm works wonders

If its yeast from all the moisture my doctor always gives nystatin cream to treat. If its not yeast rash than i find plain vaseline works best. Thin layer every diaper change. It helps soothe the skin and protect the skin from the urine and diarrhea. Also more frequent diaper changes while the rash is there. You are going to want to keep the area as dry as possible. I went through this with my daughter as well when she had stomach bug and it was miserable :frowning: poor baby hope she feels better soon!

Beaudreuxs Butt Paste. We use it on my son when this has happened to him and it works wonders. We’ve had better results with this than A/D or Desiten :grin:

I was told feed them 1 tablespoon of pumpkin twice a day and use cortisone cream