Best place to get ear piercing done?

I want to get my 3-month-olds ears pierced, but what is better? The gun or go to a tattoo place and have them do it? Will a tattoo place do it or not?

179 Likes

Tattoo shop all the way!!

2 Likes

Tattoo shop. They are cleaner and safer.

1 Like

TATTOO SHOP! Places like Claire’s and Piercing pagoda do not pierce correctly and cause problems in the ear lobes!
A shop will do them. Call around first and find someone experienced in doing kids ears! Piercing guns cannot be disinfected and cleaned thoroughly and can spread infections

2 Likes

Some tattoo places will, some will not. You’ll have to contact them. Also, contrary to popular belief, Claire’s is not the devil, they are clean, and the earrings used for piercing are sharp as a needle.

4 Likes

Id check around the tattoo places and see ifthey accept kiddos that age.

Tattoo place but it’s up to the piercer. Call and ask around

All piercings should be done with a needle at a shop and no decent shop pierces babies since they cant consent to body modifications.

17 Likes

Please let her choose when she is ready. The complications simply are not worth it.

16 Likes

Tattoo shop with a professional piercer. It’s so much cleaner.

1 Like

Never ever consider a piercing gun. Blunt force is used and is much more traumatic, harder to heal and less sanitary

2 Likes

A lot of pediatricians do it

1 Like

Some pediatricians do this too

2 Likes

Who the hell gets 3 mth old babys ears pierced. Id be surprised if you find one who will do itbefore babys had all jabs etc

17 Likes

Tattoo/piercing shop!

Tattoo shop. But really needs to be your childs choice. I begged my mother to take me, and she did and 3 times i changed my mind. Let her choose, its her body.

9 Likes

Professional tattoo shop

Sometimes the pediatrician will do it as well but not all do

2 Likes

Take her to a tattoo place. But some states require you have a pediatrician’s note at that age. Usually they make you wait till 6 months because of certain vaccinations that they need.

Some will some won’t some will charge wayyyy more for children. But definitely a tattoo shop would be best. Call around.

tattoo shop. a piercing gun isn’t safe and can cause more trauma to the ears. i took a class on it… but personally i would wait til she’s older and let her choose.

6 Likes

Doo nooot go ANYWHERE where they use a disgusting tattoo gun. Even if its freshly opened, do NOT use them on a baby.
See if an actual professional at a tattoo or piercing shop will do it. Not something in the mall lol

3 Likes

Pass on getting her ears pierced. Wait till she can ask you for it. When shes ready a tattoo shop is the best place to go. Itll be much better being able to have her consent to a body modification herself :black_heart:

24 Likes

God sake women wait until the child old enough to ask! why do parents force this on there daughter’s!

11 Likes

I had my granddaughters done at 3 months there is nothing wrong with that.Walmart jewelry does both ears at same time

4 Likes

Our pediatrician does it.

Go to a tattoo parlor. They have a higher standard of cleanliness than a mall or store.

2 Likes

Pediatric offices and dermatologists do ear piercing.

Depends on the state, but a tattoo shop. Don’t get them done with a gun.

Professional tattoo shop!!!

I think most shops have a higher age limit but it’s MUCH better. The gun will tear the tissue. The needle will make a clean piercing. It’s the difference between punching a hole in cookie dough and a cookie cutter

Where I live you have to wait until baby has had their 6 month shots. All of girls ears were pierced with a gun and never had any issues. It’s what you want to do

1 Like

Pediatricians office

1 Like

Wal-Mart will do both ears at the same time so it only hurts once! and they are really good on prices and have cute earrings

3 Likes

Tattoo shops are always better.

1 Like

Never go to a place with a gun. Wait until she asks for them herself. She’s not done growing and they can end up uneven when she’s older and hates them

2 Likes

A shop or even some pediatric offices do it. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO SOME PLACE LIKE CLAIRE’S WHO A, DOESNT HAVE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS… B, USES A GUN THAT IS NOT STERILE!
Think of your own body… would you trust something dirty or someone who’s never had any knowledge of the body??? Either get trained and pierce her or go to a PROFESSIONAL.

2 Likes

Tattoo parlor will do it, and it’s better to go there because it’s more sterile

Always always professional tattoo/piercer… Never use a gun.

3 Likes

Wait till she can tell you she wants them done!

13 Likes

Silent gun my daughter was 9 months old n didn’t bat an eyelid

I had a friend that got her ears pierce before she was a year old and HATES them. They turned out to be uneven.

Some tattoo shops require you have a state ID for your child.

Idk why people have to butt in with there negative comments her daughter her Choice let her mother her kid I’m sure nobody’s telling you guys how to raise your kid’s!

5 Likes

I got mine and my daughter’s done at Walmart. Even Clair’s does the gun

Tattoo and piercing shops

Do not use the guns, they can do damage to the ear.
If you’re going to ruin a baby this way, do it properly with a professional who uses sterile needles

1 Like

If u must, do it professionally with a needle. I hear it’s better

If you get her ears pierced PLEASE GO TO A TATTOO AND PIERCING SHOP!! Do not get them done with a gun!!!

1 Like

Please don’t get someone that uses a gun. They are so damaging. Go to a professional at a tattoo/ piercing parlor. But I’d give it a little longer to get them done

Always a tattoo shop, they’re professionals…

No respectful tattoo shop will pierce any child that young. But best to find a shop that will vs someone with little training using a gun

Go to Clair’s I think the gun is better

1 Like

Tattoo shop we did my daughters at mall place it didnt go through all the way and they forced it got so infected we had to take out, she was 8 now 12 still wont get them redone yet

Tattoo shop. The gun creates bad scar tissue. And yes. The will pierce a child that young as long as theyve had their first round of shots

1 Like

I’d leave the choice up to her if she wants them pierced or not. I didn’t want mine done until I was 16. I had them done in each lobe twice, once at the top of my left ear, and now I don’t even wear earrings anymore. Let her decide, it’s her body after all, right?

7 Likes

I mean, not saying it’s the the right idea, but I will tell you our experience.

My oldest was about 2 and my youngest almost 1, we got them done at Claire’s with, yes, a piercing gun.
My youngest did not cry at all, my oldest only fussed a little bit with the second one but was immediately satisfied and happy after receiving a lollipop.

They are 4 and almost 6 now, and they love thier piercings. They never got infected or irritated, and they left them alone just fine, no issues. My oldest actually wants second ones done. :roll_eyes: I have a lot in my ears, so she gets all excited about them and wants a bunch in hers too. Lol (she ain’t getting those for a while though obviously)

It’s up to you what you do. Just because my experience went well, does not mean that yours will in the same situation. Just remember to research the pros and cons, and definately research wherever you are getting them done. And I recommend waiting til atleast 6 months.

1 Like

I do piercing pagoda and I’ve never had any problems.

3 Likes

Tattoo place! Never use a gun. Also most reputable tattoo shops will not do it to children till 6months- 12 months

4 Likes

Wait till she’s older and see if she wants them done

1 Like

Let her make her own decisions…

1 Like

Their pediatrician. Seems like common sense to me, but that’s just me.

1 Like

A tattoo place is best. Not all places will do it. Call and ask first.

1 Like

Tattoo shop with a needle is 100% better than a piercing gun

3 Likes

I would personally wait till she can tell you but if your dead said a tattoo shop as guns can cause so much infection as there not sterile and the people who use them have only had 2 days of training of training I know this for a fact as I had a friend who worked in Claire’s and only recieved 2 days of piercing training

5 Likes

This gun is not better. Plz go to a tattoo shop and call them first. The gun uses blunt force to make the hole. And they also can’t sterilize the guns since the parts are mainly plastic. Piercing with a needle heals so much better

2 Likes

Tattoo shops will not pierce a babies ears.

1 Like

Diamond dog piercing

Claire’s is good, but personally i wish i would have waited a little longer so i could have taken her to a tattoo shop

Since when do pediatricians do ear piercings?!?!

3 Likes

Tattoo place has a professional piercer and a gun is done by a random teen or young adult who just happens to work at Claire’s.

2 Likes

Idk what area you are in but we’ve gone to piercing pagoda in ingram mall … Yes they use a gun and also can do both ears at once with two piercers on site to ease the experience on the bby thats how my little ones where dne and it was fast easy bby didnt even notice but i did give bby tylonol 20 mins prior as well to help with any pain

1 Like

My tattoo guy said he will only do it for a child 8 or older

1 Like

Tattoo shop! Needles are alot better than piercing guns!

2 Likes

Tattoo shops, don’t trust a 15 year old at the mall to punch holes in your baby!!!

3 Likes

Tattoo shop is best. But it depends on the artist, since won’t do it on a baby so young

1 Like

It’s unethical to pierce a baby’s ears. It’s not your body, it doesn’t belong to you. The best place to get a piercing is from an APP member, you can search on their website. But most will not pierce a baby’s ears, they usually won’t pierce a child’s ears until they’re around five years old.

15 Likes

I went to Walmart for my daughters

pediatrician for sure, and yes ladies, they do offer it

6 Likes

Try phrasing this question again

I want to make holes in my infant :rage:

Should be classed as abuse.

18 Likes

I have never heard of anyone having their tissue torn by piercing with a gun :thinking: You are pierced with the earring that is the size of a needle​:wink: Ask your pediatrician, get facts from a medical professional.

2 Likes

Yall are weird.your baby is three months old.shell probably rip them out
…is your baby not cute enough already?like

8 Likes

Why not let your child choose when they’re old enough

13 Likes

I’d wait and do it at a tattoo shop, but they won’t until ahe is older. Alot better on their ears than a gun, with a gun it can cause issues later down the road.

2 Likes

My 3 year old had hers done a year ago

2 Likes

They can try to clean a piercing gun all they want, but you can’t get inside of those small pieces. It’s not sterile, not clean, and not safe.

34 Likes

My daughter is 12 and never had her ears pierced. I say let her grow up and decide if that’s what she wants.

15 Likes

Tattoo shop. The gun is so bad for your actual ears

6 Likes

It’s so refreshing to see there’s such disgust for this child mutalation.

21 Likes

Tattoo place will not do it unless your child can tell them they want it done.

1 Like

Tat place way better . Pierce gun force’s the skin n causes more pain.

1 Like

No most places wont pierce a babies ears because they can’t tell you if its bothering them. Only unethical places will do that. Its unfair to a young child. You shouldn’t do it until they are old enough to want it.

10 Likes

Wait until your baby is old enough to want it done and take them to a professional. Ear guns CANNOT be sterilized and they harbor a lot of bacteria. My mom got mine done when I was 1 and my second holes when I was 10 by a gun in the mall because she didn’t wanna take me to a tattoo/piercing shop and I still have issues with them to this day. I’m 23 and wish she wouldn’t never let me get them until I was old enough to have them done by a piercer.

3 Likes

Really? A three month old! That is unethical and borderline child abuse.

30 Likes

I’m waiting till my daughter turns 10. I’m so glad I didn’t get them done when she wanted me too at 7 yrs old bc she is such a Tom boy and they would have been ripped out by now.

Personally im waiting until my daughter is able to tell me she wants it done. She just turned 6 and might be ready this year.

3 Likes

I’d go to a tattoo place let a professional do it but most places make you wait till they are 6 months or atleast that the law in Texas to make sure they don’t have any metal allergies

I disagree with having at done so young. Why would you want her to go through the pain of that at such a tender age? I think that’s a bit sick…I’d wait until she is either older when her pain threshold is a bit more developed or until she is old enough to decide if she wants it done at all as it’s her body x

9 Likes

You should never get your ears pierced with a gun. They can pierce crooked, they are not sterile, and are done by people with minimal training. Get it done by a professional with needles and yes places will do it you just have to call around and ask.

1 Like

I took my little one when she was a few months to Walmart but I took her back to Claire’s when she was 3! Never had a problem

1 Like

I’m not judging; I’m asking. Why do some parents do this? I’m not looking for people to criticize the parents who do this; I’m genuinely interested in why some parents choose to make this decision for the child instead of waiting until the child is old enough to decide on his/her own.

1 Like