Can 4-month-olds go in a hot tub?

Going on a small vacation this weekend and have to know if it is safe for a 4 month old to enter a hot tub or not? Not for long obviously…

199 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can 4-month-olds go in a hot tub? - Mamas Uncut

No. They can overheat very quickly. Not safe.

No. Hot tubs raise internal temps… babies can’t regulate theirs that young.

1 Like

No, I personally wouldn’t…

No it’s way to hot for them.

I wouldn’t risk it. Hot tubs can mess with blood pressure. Also, their skin is so much more tender and sensitive at that age.

4 Likes

Is this a serious question??? No. A baby can not go in a hot tub…ffs.

13 Likes

Is this a serious question?? :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Just when you think you’ve heard it all!? :woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

Goodness she didn’t ask for judgement. Maybe she’s a new mom.

3 Likes

Wtf is CPS. This better be a joke

2 Likes

No! They can not regulate their body temps like us and it’s be way way too hot for them seeing as they should only be bathed in tepid water anyway

1 Like

What’s obvious is how infants should never go in hot tubs, I can’t believe they give just anyone babies

5 Likes

Is this seriously a real question? Obviously it’s a NO. Good lord :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Would you even be holding the baby or would it just be floating in the water? Sorry, you asked a stupid question so it got a stupid response ha. Absolutely NOT.

1 Like

Water may be too hot for her. That age usually lukewarm baths no? Lol I wouldn’t put mine in one. Too hot

No. Water too hot. Could scold their tender baby skin.

I literally REQUIRE this to be satire

1 Like

Absolutely not! It would be sooo painful for a baby. As a parent none of us know all the answers. Im glad you reached out!!!

1 Like

The answer is no.
I am figuring your a new mom, maybe first time new mom, or even just an exhausted mom…. Infants should not be taken into a hot tub because they do not regulate their temperatures yet.

10 Likes

As long as the hot tub is set to below 97 degrees then baby will be fine

3 Likes

Thank you for being smart enough to ask before you just do it. Please don’t put the baby in the hot tub!

2 Likes

I see why everything comes with warning labels.

3 Likes

Obviously she is asking because she cares about her child and didn’t know the answer. No need for all the hate what is common sense to you may not be something another person has ever even thought about.

3 Likes

Nope absolutely not!

Are you guys for real? I hope you’re all perfect mums who never asked a question before.
It may seem silly to you, but she may just be a new mum who doesn’t know and guess what? THATS OK. This is meant to be a mum group to HELP AND SUPPORT. You mums should be ashamed of yourselves.

17 Likes

Stupid question what person in their right mind would put a 4 month old baby in a hot tub. No no no!!

7 Likes

No, it’s way too hot for them.

1 Like

How about showing this mom some grace? Atleast she reached out and seeked advice. You can say no without being harsh, seesh.

11 Likes

Are u Serious why would u want to put a 4 month old in a hot tub that’s not good at all so please reconsider

Many hot tubs state 16 n older where I’ve been too.

2 Likes

I think it would be too hot for baby. Babies can’t regulate their body heat as well as adults

If it’s not set at a high temp. My kids use to play in their grandparents hot tube year round. I wouldn’t put a infant in a public one.

1 Like

No. I rented an air BNB with one when my daughter was almost 3 years old and I would only let her play in it when it was off and tepid bc it’s hard for kids to regulate body temperature they can get over heated and it’s really bad for internal organs and their brain.

3 Likes

Only when they are under the influence of alcohol or heroin

8 Likes

How about all you bitches calm the fuck down and give this mama some grace. She is obviously concerned about her babies well being and wouldn’t have asked if she didn’t care. She’s looking for honest answers not criticism and being put down. Yall are a bunch of damn animals and it’s a disgrace to society to have people that can put down a mother asking an honest question. She’s probably a new mom unsure and wanting help and direction not a bunch of ignorant assholes jumping down her throat.

1 Like

Nope, no hot tub for your little babe. Recommended age is 5 and up I believe and even then you’d want to Google how long and what temp.

No matter what we think of the question… I think we’d feel better with her asking a safe group of people like this for advice first. Don’t want to discourage her from asking for advice. Some people just need a little extra grace and help :heart:

9 Likes

Absolutely not if it’s at high temp. A lower temp like bath water should be ok and the jets might be fun too

Not at all. They wouldn’t be able to regulate their body temp properly. It is far warmer than a bath. I wouldn’t recommend it for even a few minutes

2 Likes

Not a great idea. Babies really can’t regulate their body temps at that young age. Can overheat quickly due to thinner skin

No it wouldn’t be safe

Yes! We allowed our children and grand children to go in. Matter of fact we moved and no longer have one and all the kids are asking us to get another. The younger kids we turned it down. I really enjoyed relaxing and chatting with the kids one on one. Our granddaughter went in the first time around 2 weeks once her cord fell off. She basically learnt to swim in our. Don’t listen to anyone but what your guts says this is your family, make sure to adjust the temp. Have fun

3 Likes

I was at gold’s gym in Amarillo Texas and had my 6-month-old grandson in the hot tub with me. Then the manager told me that I needed to get him out…

1 Like

Seriously? Why would anyone even think of such a thing? DON’T DO IT!

1 Like

I’m not so sure I would put her in the pool either especially with the weather changing and stuff no one wants a sick baby. Take her a bouncy chair and set it beside you while you sit in the hot tub and relax

3 Likes

Ummm no. Is there something wrong with you?

1 Like

You can set the hot tub to 100 and he will be fine….

did you hit your head on something? Yikes :grimacing:

1 Like

If it is going to be hot, NO! The warmest they can tolerate is the temp for their bath water. Infant and toddler skin is extremely delicate.

1 Like

Please tell me this question is fake…

2 Likes

Can’t believe this is even a question :woman_facepalming:

No they aren’t safe for young kids and babies

I hope OP is a very young, first time mother! :roll_eyes:

No Not with the hot tub water being hot water… u can turn it down to 80 an they can get in

Of course not, but we did a whirlpool type tub once but was lukewarm and we just dipped his toes in only lol

2 Likes

No way!!! Also don’t let the child sit on the outside of the tub. Hot tubs are very unsanitary. I let my child sit out at a young age and he ended up with pink eye in both eyes! The doctor stated it was most likely from that.

1 Like

A simple google search.

Some of y’all should be ashamed with how you are answering this mamas question!!! No need to put her down for asking.geeze some of y’all act like your shit don’t stink!!!:woman_facepalming:t3:

Yes u can. My kids loved being in the hot tub with me. If relaxed them so much as babies we only kept them in their for very short periods tho

1 Like

NO! If bath water is only supposed to be room temperature why would you think a hot tub is okay?

Even aside from the dangerous temps they’re often set to, Hot tubs are riddled with bacteria. Babies are way too sensitive with developing immune systems

5 Likes

I’m staring at my five month old wondering why anyone would think a baby should or could go in a hot tub lol my common sense instantly says absolutely hell no not happening, under 97 degrees or not

4 Likes

No. There’s always signs posted around them to I’m pretty sure anyone under 13 isn’t allowed in them. The pressure from the heat and jets can be much on their little lungs.

3 Likes

I personally would not. Chemicals like that are bad for baby skin not to mention the degrees of the water.

1 Like

Typically it’s advised for 16 and older. No harm in asking a simple question. Some people are so rude :roll_eyes:

Is this a real question?

Pretty sure there’s usually a sign that says no pregnant people or babies.

2 Likes

Kids are supposed to be like 12 YEARS old to go in a hot tub. They even put that on signs near hot tubs as a warning in hotels etc. 4 months, definitely not.

3 Likes

Great question! I never knew this.
And thats why I use google, because people can be so ugly.

1 Like

My son was 1 year when we let him go in one but 4 months is about young

Absolutely not. To hot and the chemicals are not healthy for their sensitive skin.

Hey, why is everyone so rude and judgemental. You don’t know what you don’t know. Kudos to the OP for at least asking and seeking to get educated about something they clearly are unsure about. The rest of you that know the answer, be thankful that you do so don’t have to ask and be ridiculed on public forum. Gesssh. A simple yes or no is suffice with possibly some education or a link to why not.

Would you put your 4 month old in an extremely hot bath? I’d sure hope not, don’t put your baby with extremely sensitive skin in a hot tub not only full of hot water that dome adults can’t even handle but think about all the chemicals in that hot tub as well!!! NO just NO.

2 Likes

No too hot too much bacteria and the chemicals are unsafe ( babies can’t control their body temperature like we can)

1 Like

Are you serious? They can’t control their own body temperature yet and you’re going to boil them?

1 Like

Ok Hansel and gretal witch….boiling children is bad!

9 Likes

Please tell me this is a troll

2 Likes

What the fuck I hope this is a joke

This has to be a troll post

1 Like

I would think not due to the dangers of drowning.

No it’s too hot and they likely won’t like it. It even takes us as adults to slowly go in and it not shock the system. It’s too hot for pregnant women it’s too hot for a baby

1 Like

No - its dangerous they can’t regulate their body temperature

Is this a serious question?

Omg!! Nooo that’s would probably be waaayyy to hot anyway even got just a second!! That baby will burn!!! Please please please do not do this!!! That what about a swing or something for the baby to be in outside the hot tub? Mauve use the hot tub when the baby is asleep if it’s close…

Jesus, people are rude and I’m sorry about that. We let our kids go around a year for a few minutes here and there, but it’s at there own free will. I wouldn’t bring a baby that young in though :slightly_smiling_face: You could try dipping his feet in maybe just to see what he thinks :slightly_smiling_face:

… do you know how you got pregnant? Or is that like your next question?

1 Like

I would say definitely not :unamused:

I let my son be outside of it and splash around. But definitely not to go in. My son is almost 3 now and he goes in a hot tub but only if its 97° or lower. But only for minutes at a time.

No. It raises their internal temperature and can cause brain damage among other things

1 Like

Oh my, really? Put an infant in steaming hot water…

:flushed::grimacing: if you are questioning a boiling bath for a 4 month old, makes me super concerned for what else is happening in the home

10 Likes

Absolutely not… come on

I’m thankful that you asked before doing this and I hope you follow the advice of the majority of the commenters.

6 Likes

Baby will get way to overheated…so no.

Absolutely not. They can’t regulate their body temperature

2 Likes

You can’t go in one pregnant what makes you think you can put a 4 month old in one?

Is this actually a serious question?

2 Likes

Yes but not the ears. Hot tubs are dirty and babies can easily get ear infections if the water gets in the ears

3 Likes

Clearly this chick is bored and just trying to stir the pot.

Who let’s questions like this be posted?? SMH poor kid has no chance with the parents it has… GEEZ :-1::-1::-1:

3 Likes