Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare?

So I work at daycare. Does anyone know if there are any legal or certain rules about talking/dating…or whatever else to/with a dad at the daycare?? Can I get in trouble?

133 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare? - Mamas Uncut

It’s best to ask your employer not Facebook

37 Likes

Just ask your employer. We don’t know your policies. :joy: and every daycare might have different policies.

12 Likes

I don’t see why it would be an issue. You are both grown adults

2 Likes

That would absolutely be a question for your employer. All places have different rules.

7 Likes

Every employer has their own rules, I’ve never heard this but I guess best to ask employer

1 Like

It’s all company policy based definitely talk to your boss. x

2 Likes

As long as he ain’t married!! Lol

23 Likes

I’m sure there would be! That’s a question for your employer

1 Like

Make sure he’s singleeeeee😂

21 Likes

Is he married though?! :flushed:

13 Likes

You don’t have to tell them folks anything about your personal business. What you do for them on their time is their business, and what you do on your time is your business :100::100::100:

6 Likes

Its ur business. If anyone asks just say its ur friend lol

1 Like

Is about your profesional ética…

Is there an employee handbook you could reference?

1 Like

I would not recommend interference between work life and social life, but that’s me

8 Likes

You should ask your employer. They would know the rules on that not us :woman_facepalming:.

8 Likes

That would be up to your own employer… if they have site specific rules prohibiting it, then you very likely could be terminated. Legalities, there aren’t any that I know of but check your state… some states have weird bylaws.

2 Likes

My partner was a Dad at my Centre, I spoke with my Director, she was fine with it as long as we were both professional in the workplace and the lines between me being an educator and a partner/ step parent weren’t blurred. Keep in mind, you will also have to inform the mother of the child and see her when she is present at the centre I am lucky my partners ex was so open and happy for us. I eventually had to transfer centre’s as my partner and his ex were having issues with the children’s educators and it was getting hard being put in the middle and the lines began to blur between being the educator and the step parent.

Katie Pridgen the hell y’all doing up there? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Don’t ask, don’t tell. Don’t let employers dictate your love life, period. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Brandi M. Holcombe this why my husband don’t pick the kids up. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Jk!

18 Likes

Long as he’s single why not lol

2 Likes

I imagine it would depend upon your company and the contract you are under. If there are no policies against it you could be fine. If there is a professionalism clause, no you cannot date anyone associated with the daycare.

1 Like

I’d say it would be frowned upon, incase things don’t work out, be confusing for his child to still see you every day.

5 Likes

They can’t stop you from dating anyone it’s ur life regardless of the work place or not.

1 Like

Keep your social life and your personal life separate. That’s just me, speaking from experience though

2 Likes

Don’t eat, where you sheet

15 Likes

It depends on that daycares particular rules

2 Likes

Is it really your employers business who you date?

3 Likes

As long as you’re not married you don’t really helped but remember you’re going to have to keep it professional if it doesn’t work out

2 Likes

Read your employee handbook. Company rules would be there.
If he’s a real catch, get your resume together and start putting it out there😉

8 Likes

What you do on your own time is your business

2 Likes

Read your handbook. Usually yes you can.

3 Likes

I married a dad from the daycare I worked at

5 Likes

What if the Mom of the kid ends up figuring it out, and then you are just bringing drama on yourself…

4 Likes

Only if his wife finds out

6 Likes

Is he married? LOL jk I don’t see why not.

Check your employment contract.

I know when I worked at a before and after school care we weren’t allowed to baby sit the kids in the program, without filing paperwork. I would imagine it would be similar. No special treatment or picking the kid up while your on the clock, stuff like that

2 Likes

I think this is something you should probably ask your daycare about

3 Likes

I married a daycare dad :joy: he was single and I contacted him outside of work.

2 Likes

First is he married or single?
Remember the kid has a Mom also and it could become conflicting since this is your work.

1 Like

Only if he’s married & the mom finds out :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

The answer depends on the daycare. Do you have an employee handbook?

3 Likes

YES read your handbook it had all the does and don’t in it. Your personal life is your personal life as long as it does effect you and your job. No where in the handbook does it say you are not aloud to be happy even if he is a dad from daycare.
This is something you should ask your boss not the group page/FB world you are inviting people into your world when it really has nothing to do with everyone else.

1 Like

I dated a dad from daycare. Can be complicated. Apparently not very professional however my boss was a dick. As long as it does not interfere with your job and is not stated in your contract. Your all good.

Is the D good enough to lose your job over? That’s the real question

8 Likes

I think it’s unethical, does the child’s mom and the employer approve?

4 Likes

Look in your company policy manual

I started dating a dad from the daycare I worked at. No one cared :woman_shrugging:t2:. We kept it private until we got serious

2 Likes

I always wondered how many daycare people hook up with dads.

9 Likes

I imagine he is a solo Dad and you are a solo/single gal…I hope it is serious and works out for you both…otherwise that is where things can get uncomfortable or unpleasant.
I was a Head Teacher in the 90’s and one of our staff dated a Dad…the wedding was beautuful and they went on to be very happy and have a lovely family.
Unless specific in your contract… no fratetnising with clients…(which is pretty unlikely)…keep it appropriate in the workplace.
Good luck.

1 Like

If he’s married, yeah.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it.

3 Likes

My ex-husband (husband at the time) had a sexual relationship with a worker at our son’s daycare. He was 35, she was 19. She got pregnant. Daycare tried kicking my son out! I raised Hell and said no way! They banned the hubby from daycare and she got fired!

16 Likes

Yes they can fire you
I worked at a daycare for 2 years and they fired 4 or 5 girls for dating the parents.
It was messy they tried kicking the kids out of the daycares and its a bad idea all around and if u break up it will be akward if u choose to do it don’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

I worked at a few daycares for almost 8 years… wasn’t a problem, a couple staff married single dad’s… Unless he’s married, then you’ll have a few problems.

1 Like

You could just ask the daycare their rules??

2 Likes

Every company is different. For the correct answer I would definitely check your employee hand book.

3 Likes

I dont think so our daycare worker ran off with my granddaughters father.

I would say thats a question for your company’s hr.

1 Like

Not if hes Not Married now

2 Likes

I would look at your employee handbook. Each job is going to have different rules when it comes to this.

1 Like

That would be a question for the employee guide lines

Legally no like there is no laws about it criminally but you can be released from your job from inappropriate and unprofessional behavior.

4 Likes

Lol. I married a daycare dad. :woman_shrugging:t3::grin:

1 Like

Depends on your policy at work.

No law but you should know your own employer’s policies. :woman_facepalming:t2:

That’s different for each employer… ask your boss.

Look at your contract

That’s called fraternizing lol but every daycare is different. Most of them are against it.

1 Like

Is he married? Then there’s nothing wrong. Check with your boss make sure there’s no conduct rules. Other wise you should be fine. Either way legally there’s not a law that says you can’t date a dad who’s kid goes to your daycare

1 Like

Stacey’s mom has got it goin on lol

19 Likes

U can’t be in the same room as the child and just let ur boss know

1 Like

Most companies have policies about this. She should know her company policy and act based on that.

2 Likes

I’m a director for a daycare and there’s nothing in our state licensing that says it’s illegal or anything. It would come down to the centers policy’s and probably if it caused any issues within the center. If they met in the center but handled everything else out side the center then I don’t think it would be a problem.

6 Likes

It’s
Definitely unprofessional to date someone’s family you take care of working any in field like that

3 Likes

Ummmm you can if he’s married :joy:

1 Like

If he’s married you can lol

1 Like

Really think hard about it, do you know him well? Well enough to trust if things don’t work out he won’t cause serious work issues for you

2 Likes

Just keep it out of work

3 Likes

Just don’t let anyone know. Its really none of their business.

2 Likes

You should ask your employer they would know the answer some places have rules

You’ll only get in trouble if he is married. So make sure he is not married or in a relationship with the children mom.

2 Likes

I would ask your boss.

2 Likes

You should know your own work policies not us :woman_facepalming::rofl: lol ask HR

7 Likes

Every center I’ve worked in had a policy about it. But there’s nothing illegal about it.

1 Like

That is never , ever a good idea. You are there to take care of children. Your love life and work life shouldn’t mix.

7 Likes

As long as he’s single why not

You should check your work policy

2 Likes

It depends on your centers policies. A center I worked at awhile ago a girl dated one of the dads and when they broke up, on his pick up days conveniently she just HAD to run to the bathroom around the time he picked up

Yes. And that is absolutely inappropriate

5 Likes

Liv Grieve all these “you’ll get in trouble if he’s married”… but will she :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I know someone who did that , married the guy and had a kid …now. Wishes she never done that… I. Wouldnt date any parents… Im a pre K teacher and. Its. Against our policy… We could get fired for it…

6 Likes

Yea that momma gonna beat that a$$

It’s super inappropriate.

6 Likes

Yep up to center some places have rules but I actually dated one of the dad’s at the daycare center I worked at we actually got married and it was no problem at all

I say inappropriate. Check policies

2 Likes