Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare?

That would be in your contract

Check the policy so you don’t get in trouble or fired!

My old boss when she was an educator she fell in love with a dad of a 2 year old daughter and now they are married and have 2 other daughter of their own so I think it’s okay

2 Likes

Check your centre policy, mine states that we can’t even befriend parents outside of work, we are only allowed if we knew them prior to commencing. But each center will have different policies around things like that

Awesome. Another one. How about find the men elsewhere.

Job is on the line.

3 Likes

It would be a company policy but not a smart idea anyway

Go work for a different day care that’s if you are both serious about this relationship… Just not a day care with his kids.

So inappropriate is there not enough men in ur area

2 Likes

In what world do you even talk to a parent long enough to feel romantically interested in them?
Aren’t all your convos about his childs eating and pooping habits?:joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

There’s over 3.8 BILLION other males in the world. I’d try finding one that doesn’t put your job on the line.

2 Likes

Alex Rogan your thoughts :joy:

1 Like

If you’re questioning the whole situation & asking facebook… well then you might have answered your own question. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

At least keep it on the DL

1 Like

If it don’t work out, dad will change day care provider

2 Likes

To be safe why don;t you just exchange phone numbers ,and keep your privet life out of it

6 Likes

Legal No problem but check to see your employee hand book. Some daycare don’t care some due.

1. Is this Dad someone’s husband?
  2. If he’s single does your employer have a fraternization policy?
  3. Are you specifically taking care of his kids?
  4. Would you he comfortable with your coworkers knowing?
8 Likes

Check company policy. I think it’s great if you guys met and connected! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the people saying it’s inappropriate are crazy don’t listen to them :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Young’s guns always make me laugh!

Pretty sure that’s a question for your job. Did they not give you an employee handbook?

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re ok. That’s no one else’s business

Does he have a spouse?

9 Likes

No. As. Long as he’s not married

5 Likes

The daycare I worked at before, one of the teachers decided to date one of the dads, the baby mama and him wasn’t together and hadn’t been in years, she had several kids after him, but that didn’t keep her from dragging that woman from one side of the building to the other :woman_shrugging:t2:

25 Likes

That’s nobody else’s business, teachers can date students parents, so I’m sure this is no different. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s how I met my husband lol

2 Likes

You can get fired but that’s about it.

1 Like

It depends on the rules of your employer. Check also with your state licensing rules

6 Likes

Yea I don’t think most day cares will be ok with it. Be careful and quiet about it and you should be ok

2 Likes

I work in childcare and picked up a Mum now almost 6 years later we have 4 kids

3 Likes

I don’t know if you can get in trouble. It would probably depend on the rules at the daycare you work. Some of them may have rules against dating parents. I don’t know that it’s really a good idea but that’s not for us to say. I’d check the company policy where you work though before you get too far into the relationship.

4 Likes

It’s nothing wrong with it but everybody in your business if it works out or not.
Can’t show special attention to the child and make sure daddy doesn’t have a mommy at home

3 Likes

Pretty sure that the only reason why that i would be an issue is if he’s in a relationship…or still screwing his baby mama.

3 Likes

Check your conflict of interest with HR.

1 Like

It’s nobody’s business unless you make it their business.

2 Likes

Look at the rules.some daycares look down on dating clients.

2 Likes

My kids daycare doesn’t allow it but they are partnered with the state so they don’t want the workers fraternizing in anyway but just check your daycares rukes

Read ur contract🤷‍♀️

Bad idea…can lose ur job or ur life if he’s married just saying

3 Likes

Wow now I’m wondering about my babysitter

6 Likes

Yeah you definitely should not.

You don’t know everything… and it could come back and bite you.

2 Likes

Depends on the daycare policy on that subject.

Just keep it to yourself.

4 Likes

Read your employment handbook

1 Like

Unless he’s married/in a relationship. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s not illegal. However your center may have rules against providers dating clients. Read your contract.

2 Likes

My dad dated my pre school teacher and now they’ve been married 21 years :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

Depends on your work contract with the daycare. I personally always recommending not dating in the workplace, coworker or customer lol

3 Likes

Teaghan Niklaus hahaha

It might be frowned upon, but I’m not sure of your rules. Is he married? I wouldn’t want to date a married man.

1st of all ur breaking someone’s house(if he is still with his wife):pensive:

2ndly.If he is separated than i guess there shouldn’t be a problem dating each other far as u treat his child in a right manner and create a bond with him as well

6 Likes

Why is everyone saying he’s married? Lol. Nobody ever heard of single dad’s huh? That’s funny the first thing ppl saying is your breaking up a family and blah blah blah. It sounds like HE’S DEFINITELY NOT MARRIED.

24 Likes

I’m not sure about legal rules as I’m pretty sure it would be your own discretion- however, I would imagine it would be hugely frowned upon from senior staff etc. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Check out what it says and ask your manager. I wasn’t allowed to do volunteer work at the place my daughter went to, even in another room. So if you and his dad were together, you may be given step mom status by your boss and have to move for work or he’d have to change daycare

You’ll have to check employer policies

2 Likes

Policies are different at different centres. Best course of action I’d read them first.

Holly May Corbett :rofl::rofl:

You should ask his wife first

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare? - Mamas Uncut

No……it’s all wrong!!!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare? - Mamas Uncut

What happens when the relationship ends,how confused would the child be, one minute Daddy and Miss are taking me out, now Daddy and Miss don’t talk to each other…messy messy. Ask your Supervisor for the ruling…

26 Likes

They follow the same laws as teachers do. No personal relationships with the child or the child’s parents. If they were to allow it there could be suspicion of favoritism to their child and if you don’t work out then you could easily take it out on that child as well. My mom lost her job because she was a teacher, my brother was attending the school she was teaching at and on of his friends dad’s and my mom became friends and his wife didn’t like it. She lost her job for having a personal relationship with a students parent even though her own son and his kid were friends

20 Likes

The only thing would be is something happend and he made false allegations to the school board. He could jeopardize your career. Also if he expects something in return like you treating his kids better or different than the other kids. Theres alot that can go bad.

5 Likes

I hope that man is single to. Hope you’re not trying to date a dad that has a wife.

9 Likes

One of the teachers where I worked dated one of her parents. That went all the way left! The wife came to the office with video footage, cell phone records, pictures and everything. I felt so bad for her. The teacher quit out of embarrassment, but then again, she knew the man was married!! The baby is the one that gave it away. She would call for her teacher whenever the mom chastised her. Plus the teacher gave her daughter gold earrings for Christmas, while the other kids got coloring books. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

102 Likes

When I was working in YMCA daycare, it’s against the rule to date single parents. I wouldn’t do it unless you willing to risk the consequences and career

16 Likes

It’s tricky. One of my neighbours is married to a Dad from Daycare but he didn’t ask her out until his son was leaving to start Kindy. Not sure if there would be a problem but if it didn’t work out, it would definitely be awkward. I would definitely keep it secret and not tell anyone you work with who it is.

6 Likes

Some places of employment have rules against “dual relationships”. That might just apply to the employees, but I would definitely check the employee manual.

21 Likes

It depends on what your contract of employment states. It would usually be frowned upon even if its not in there. Lines can become very blurred and can cause problems for the nursery if/when things end.

10 Likes

I would think they would frown upon that. If the relationship doesn’t work out the dad may feel he needs to switch daycares. They would lose the business and the child would be uprooted from his routine and friends. Not saying you “can’t” date the dad but you could be setting up future problems for both your employer and the dad and child.

29 Likes

You might wanna check an employee manual for that one… if it’s in there— it would be fair for them to say something about it or take action… if not it’s free game to me :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s more or less unethical but not illegal. I dated a woman and a man from a daycare I worked at and it went south and made my life hell. So just be careful.

4 Likes

I know some people who had to change daycare centres that they worked at because they started dating one of the single Dads.

Honestly, if your going to date then I would change your work place so that you can’t be harassed by hes ex or so that it doesn’t interfere with the child’s education.

6 Likes

Had a guy who I worked with at the centre I worked at years ago, 3 of the kids were having a fight over whose house “Mr X” was “sleeping over” at on the weekend. He ended up with a written warning I’m pretty sure.

So I would say only date one parent, and don’t do it while the kid is there cos kids don’t keep secrets lol maybe also have a chat to your boss.

5 Likes

IMO most people meet in places they frequent. Work, daycare, gym, ect.
As long as he is not in a relationship with mom I say go for it. It’s no one else’s business. Just keep it on the DL at work and it’s not an issue

9 Likes

Our daycare workers can’t even have the parents on their social media, let alone canoodle with them. It’s a huge conflict of interest, unless you were together prior to employment. It’s an ethical concern as an educator so I would speak with your employer openly and ask to review the policy on relationships with parents.

56 Likes

I worked at a center and they didn’t care, UNLESS that child was in your class. Then it became a no-no

2 Likes

!!! …If that dad has his kids mom at home that’s screwed up big time… !!! Jk

But I do get a weird strong hunch that he’s already very much taken by someone.:eye::eyes:

6 Likes

Depends on the workplace and the situation. But it will cause tension with the child’s mother and can cause the center to get a bad name and yea think about every aspect. I have worked in childcare for a long time and never have had anything to do with any fathers but I know some who have over the years in differing circumstances and never has ended too well.

3 Likes

I work in a nursery and we’re not allowed to date parents whose children attend the nursery, obviously when the child leaves to go to school or what ever reason and what happens after that is our choice

6 Likes

It’s just daycare so hide it till the kiddos in school

3 Likes

Ask the daycare owner directly.
Some places would have a problem with it and some dont care.

7 Likes

It depends on your daycare. When I worked in a daycare we could not date parents of students there. We couldn’t even babysit for the families privately.

5 Likes

I’m marrying my daycare dad! Met 3 years ago when he started picking up his daughter when him and her mom split. We started hanging out as friends, a couple months later we were dating. I ended up quitting my job (found a better job with way better pay) and now we bought a house together and are set to get married. My boss was pissedddddd when she found out I was saying a parent.

1 Like

Your child care center has a staff handbook. Look through their policies.

7 Likes

Even if it’s not a rule I wouldn’t. Too many blurred lines

7 Likes

My cousin worked at a daycare and that was a big no. It’s considered fraternizing with parents and its frowned upon and could cost you your job

4 Likes

I don’t know the rules for that but imo it smells like trouble! Steer clear of that!

4 Likes

Oh no
You’re asking for trouble lmao.
A day care lady tried hitting on baby daddy when our son was small and at that time I was younger and I almost lost my mind :rofl:
Then again we were in a relationship at the time. Lmao

4 Likes

So when I worked at a daycare I had this hot dad constantly try to take me out and I keep saying no cuz I didn’t think it was allowed. So finally he asked my boss :hot_face:There was no policy against it. And we saw each other about 6 months. Before his job moved him.

3 Likes

It’s probably dependent on the company/daycare you work for.

3 Likes

You would want to check with the job in the rules they have but I could imagine they are against it. It’s a Client of theirs and I definitely wouldn’t want to lose their client over personal relations

2 Likes

There is probably some rules, but if you keep everything professional while you at work then there shouldn’t be an issue. No one needs to know you guys are together unless it’s outside of work

3 Likes

The biggest issue is he might think he could get a discount for date you and his kid going there… or if things go bad he might tell them it’s you or his kid there… so you could lose your job or he would pull his kid which could get you in trouble… but other then that I don’t see any other problems beside the normal relationship issues that can happen…

2 Likes

I’m seeing one of my old daycare dads. My boss, her boss, and our HR said there was nothing they could do about it.

2 Likes

Well is it in your employment contract not to date parents?

4 Likes

Unless it states it in the employee handbook/your contract that it’s prohibited then you cant face any repercussions from your work place.

2 Likes

Depends I suppose if he is single or not. Never mess with married spouses.

2 Likes

Depends on the daycare. Some are super strict about teacher/parent relationships even if it’s platonic and others don’t really care much unless there’s an issue.