Can relationships be too affectionate?

As long as he’s being respectful to you and he understands you might not always be in the mood to take it further, I’d say it sounds like you’ve got a good thing going. Keep your lines of communication always open. It’s ok to explain your apprehension to him and discuss it. If he loves you he’s going to listen and care and reassure you.

Girl 6 years and we still cant keep our hands to ourselves. This kind of love is called “rare”
Embrace it, enjoy it and give that man the same love in return.

2 Likes

Dont question it girl

It takes time to get used to!!! Just try to enjoy it but it’s okay to ask him to back off sometimes… just let him know you love him but you would like a breather :rofl:

I would talk with him about how you are feeling. Yes its nice to feel wanted by your man. But its also nice to just relax with your man and it NOT be about sex. Sit him down and tell him how you feel, and also listen to how he feels as well. You cant work through this. But having open communication is key!!

that would do my head in :joy: to the point I’d probably wanna rip his off Lmao :rofl:

Girl enjoy it. If it starts to get a bit too much for u just sit him down and talk to him about it. Let him know ur feelings and if he really cares for u he will understand completely!! U don’t find too many good ones!

Be glad you have what you deserve for a change

1 Like

My partner is like this and we’ve been together for 7.5 years. It’s only gets better!! This kind of love is rare, so when you find it you hold on tight!

7 Likes

SOAK IT UP!!! enjoy it. I’m in the exact same boat and I was so confused and terrified but these healthy relationships are where it’s at!! However, I get the overwhelming feeling with the affection. My partner is super affectionate and loving and sometimes it’s too much. I have sensory issues and sometimes being touched feels like sandpaper and fire on my skin. I talked to him about it and we figured it out :relaxed: communication goes a long way and it sounds like you’ve got a man who wants to listen, understand and correct. I’m happy for you :purple_heart:

Enjoy it while you can, seems like he loves you.

1 Like

I’m going through the same thing! It’s a whole new experience I love it but am not used to it yet :heart:

1 Like

Stop comparing him with your last relationship :bangbang::bangbang: Move on it’s never to much if you enjoy him…

2 Likes

If he loves you and you love him all you can do is pray and trust God

1 Like

Girl take it! Be glad he loves you and wants you!

2 Likes

Girl you are very blessed to have it cherish it girl

2 Likes

You’re lucky. Cherish it

1 Like

:rofl: my husband is like this. I can’t even get dressed in front of him without him being all over me. Its a bit too much at times, but I rather him be like that then not feel wanted at all. He has been the best person for me by far. Overwhelming affection and all. I never have to question his love for me. He goes above and beyond to do things for me and make me feel special. I feel I don’t deserve him sometimes because he is so great. He helps me work through my past traumas and reminds me that I do deserve his love.

8 Likes

So long as he’s respectful about it when you’re not in the mood it shouldn’t be a deal breaker. It’s amazing that three years in and he’s as hot for you now as he was in the beginning

3 Likes

I think u answered that for yourself…

1 Like

I can see how hesitant you are…coming out of a bad one …but i think you found a good thing hun

2 Likes

Count your blessings girl

1 Like

It’s suppose to be like that
Enjoy it

2 Likes

Enjoy it.hes into you.

I completely understand that girl It may take some time to get used to it but trust me it Feels amazing to be wanted over and over again by the same person

1 Like

Lord I can relate so close to this… I just ended a relationship cause it just got to be to much. He is the perfect never thought there was a man out there like him, but I have kids from 11 months up and I just don’t wanna be touched and sometimes even talked too!!

3 Likes

So your worried that all the sweetness will rot your teeth? or that your “smother alarm” might go off eventually? you must not read mamas uncut very often or you’d know you have it good and you could literally auction off your man on here for big money

You are BLESSED cherish him and love him.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect to me. :grin:

Enjoy it. While others are begging for attention… don’t ever question his attention…

1 Like

Lap up the attention from.him and give back.
You got a good thing hang onto it!
As long as he is respectful of the word no that is.

2 Likes

Me and my husband have been together 13 years and he’s this way. I’m not a affectionate type of person. It is normal and can definitely take some adjusting to.

I totally understand dated a total asshole for 3years and my current bf is like this too. Its weird to get used to but its healthy and sweet. As long as he’s still understanding that no means no :wink:

Your a lucky lady! Marry him lol

7 years of abuse. You stayed that long for a reason. Maybe out of fear or for a reason you are unsure, but either way you normalized the behavior so seeing something new may appear to be “too good to be true”.

I had the same problem. I still struggle with allowing my husband to help me with things for this reason. He’s patient and still working through it with me after nearly 2 years of marriage. I do go to therapy for my PTSD.

If he is treating you well (mentally/physically/emotionally), respecting you and your boundaries, and does not take advantage of your past, you have a good one and be thankful you found one. Not all guys want to take advantage. We usually look for what we know rather than what we want and try to see all the things we want in the partner we are with. It doesn’t work half the time because we just repeated the same mistake with a new face. Familiarity isnt always best.

Be happy and dont let your fear drive a wedge between ya.

4 Likes

If you ask then the sex must Not Be that good for you. Maybe it is you or he is not doing what you like
??TALK TO HIM

Enjoy every moment. He adores you

I’ve had this for ten years. Enjoy what love feels like.

1 Like

As long as you’re respectful about each other’s boundaries; I’d say you caught a keeper keep them around as long as possible

2 Likes

Stop questioning a good thing.

7 Likes

Count your blessing!

5 Likes

Some folks can be a bit clingy… balance is good. Just be honest with him…like if his affection is always interrupting you getting things done…or feels intrusive…set boundaries. Open communication.

5 Likes

Thats how every relationship should be

9 Likes

If you’re feeling touched out, just tell him. Like hey the kids have been up my butt all day, I just want to relax without anyone touching me for a bit.

My husband has terminal brain cancer, we have been together for 11 years. Cherish the fact that he wants to be near you and show you love and affection because you don’t know when it could all be taken away.

21 Likes

Its not uncommon to be overwhelmed by affection afrer getring out of an abusive relationship. Have a conversation with him about it as honestly as you can, that youre not used to this and maybe if he could ease you into it a bit more.

4 Likes

It’s been 3 years why are you still comparing to your last relationship which was at least that long ago???

2 Likes

I would highly suggest getting therapy, if you’re not already in it. I’m a survivor as well and know this in my soul. Girl keep him. We have trauma and something in us either thinks it’s strange or we don’t believe we deserve it. I promise you’ll be happy you went cuz its a trauma response. I wish you all the luck in healthy love :cupid::two_hearts: feel free to PM if needed. Always here to help a fellow girl and survivor :heartbeat:

16 Likes

This is how a relationship should be girl

7 Likes

Girl enjoy it, after 7yrs of abuse you deserve to be treated like a queen. Ive had over 20years of abuse and would love to have something like this :heart:

4 Likes

Different way to look at it. Can relationships have too little?

3 Likes

You’re allowed to like it.
You’re allowed to not like it.
Give yourself permission either way so long as it’s healthy.
Quantity is a personal preference and compatibility issue.
Just make sure trauma isn’t deciding it for you.

Speaking for myself, I would eat that shīt up.

Girl soak that shit up, he could be ignoring you and doin that with other girls. I love that my man can’t get enough of me. My exes all neglected me and never really wanted anything to do with me. I’d go through it all over again if it meant I was going find the man of my dreams.

Girl, I get it!! Sometimes you just get touched out… sometimes u just need your own bit of space on the couch, just to chill out mindlessly… not being pressed against and kissed and all roads leading to sexville, where you have to consider someone else’s feelings… physical and emotional. Sometimes you just wanna be still and think about nothing or just think about your own feelings! It’s not always about loving someone or about previous trauma. It’s just “space” is a very real sensory need that lots of people have!! Try to devote some time to your self. Its part of a self care routine, you need. Join a book club, get a hobby, start yoga or to meditate, take a bath and have an early night when u know he wants to watch a game or something. Be honest with him u want 1 hour or an evening alone every now and then to focus on just you.

1 Like

That depends on if YOU are actually enjoying it or not. STOP comparing it to your last relationship. Your last bf was a fuk boi lozer who had no business being in a relationship at all. Dont feel guilty or awkward that your new man loves you like he does. you deserve it! But also dont feel obligated if you’re feeling smothered. some people arent as touchy feely as others

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can relationships be too affectionate? - Mamas Uncut

I’d say you have some issues to contend with due to your past relationship(s). Appreciate you are being shown affection and attention. If it becomes too much for you to handle or even process then I would have a sit down with your current partner and discuss how it makes you feel. Communication is the key deal to every relationship. It will hurt or hinder a relationship if things are kept to oneself. I’m sure he would understand and I do urge you seek out some counseling. Abuse can ruin a person and their relationship.

10 Likes

It sounds like his love language is physical touch. He wants to show you all the love he has but if your first love language isn’t physical touch it can be overwhelming. I’d look into the love languages and learn and talk about how he can show you love in your love language.

12 Likes

I think it’s good he’s so in love with you but you are entitled to be annoyed at how clingy he is sometimes. Just let him know how you feel and tell him sometimes space is mentally healthy for both of you. Also, it’s nice to feel love without sex being the outcome for women so communication is key. Let him Know your love for him doesn’t change but it’s okay to need to breathe without feeling like a sex toy.

1 Like

Its really normal actually. My relationship before my husband was psychologically and emotionally abusive. It required work to let it go. So think about how to seperate yourself from that experience. Its normal for people to want to connect differently. Read up on love languages. Really talk with each other. What do you both need? I need space so I can recharge from the world. Then I can focus on connection. Talk. Listen. Reflect. Talk. Action. Read the work of John Gottman.

1 Like

My husband is always grabbing at me and it can be exhausting. He’ll say “sorry I find you attractive!” But that’s not the issue lol. If I’m doing dishes, stop trying to enter me lol! It’s always at the worst time or just too much, laid on too thick. I had to tell him I needed a break from it. It was no longer flattering, it made me feel like he thinks I serve only one purpose. I started to feel really objectified. So it depends on how you feel and you need to be able to talk to your partner about how you feel, and work together to make each other happy.

7 Likes

Being in my 50’s, I believe you should have all the sex you can, while you can. Let’s just say my partner lost their sex drive over 4 years ago. So I was cut off. 4 years is a long time to go without sex, touching, & just being intimate. It feels like a big part of my life was taken away from me. I no longer feel desired and that just sucks. Get it while you can girl. Just my opinion.

12 Likes

Love and affection is great enjoy it however everything in life needs to be applied in moderation all it becomes an addiction coz there is a time and a place for everything

6 Likes

Be thankful but always make it clear of it gets too be too much sometimes for you and if you ever need him to back off a bit and take things down a notch

I think it really depends on how you feel and are comfortable with it. I personally myself am a very affectionate person. My husband isn’t as bad as me but he has his times that he is. It’s just how our love language is, and we used to do anything and everything we could but now after being friends for almost 8 years and married for almost 6 years it’s changed but we are still crazy for each other and I’m just as needy​:sweat_smile::joy::joy: I like my cuddles and hugs and kisses, he gets annoyed sometimes (bugging him when he’s playing video games) but he returns it just as much different times. I would maybe just talk to him and see if that’s just how he is and I mean it doesn’t sound like he is wanting sex every time? Or if he does maybe talk to him about it :blush: it can definitely be different especially if your past relationship was nothing like this one you’re in now. It couldn’t hurt to talk to him about it either :blush:

2 Likes

My husband dated for 9 years , been married for about 5 years - 14 long years still acts like this! I have just learned over time that his love language is affection and he has a higher sex drive than me. Sometimes it’s annoying lol. However, it’s perfectly normal.

6 Likes

Your lucky gf. There isn’t very many men around that treat men like queens.

1 Like

See is not everything being together enjoying stuff besides sex.

Better than not being loved at all

1 Like

Its great hes like that. My guy is like that too but sometimes we do fight so its not all the time

I think it’s amazing you have that… :disappointed:

2 Likes

If you’re not use to it it can seem like a lot. If you need alittle space ask him to back off alittle and explain that its just a bit overwhelming for you because of how your last relationship was. If hes understanding and backs off without whining than he’s a keeper. If he acts like a victim and gets defensive than id rethink the relationship. You’re entitled to your feelings, express them!

7 Likes

His love language is physical touch.

That is completely up to you. No one else can tell you if you are uncomfortable.

It’s normal and be thankful.

1 Like

That’s pretty normal. Congrats!!

Feel lucky !! It sounds like a genuine and pure relationship . As long as he’s respectful when you’re not in the mood and stuff then you have absolutely no worries !

11 Likes

Embrace it, a man that shows his love for you is important. Many years with my man and we are still as loved up as when we first met. It’s rare nowadays unfortunately.

10 Likes

Never underrate that aspect of the relationship! I mean, if it’s too much for you, talk it out and find a balance that works for you both.

3 Likes

Sounds like mine. Known him 14 years, been with him for 3. My ex I was with for 7 years and by a year in I was lucky to see him once a week and we defiantly weren’t affectionate. My partner now is very affectionate even 3 years in.

1 Like

It’s okay not to be use to what his giving you, especially with the affection, the love language is different, you guys need to discuss it

Lol just go with it, i went from extremely abusive to extreme love, it feels strange because you think you dont deserve it, your not used to it, in the back of your mind its too good to be true, well its fantastic, we’ve been together for 24 yrs, we rarely argue, you are worth it and you deserve it, everything will slow down, enjoy and embrace it :purple_heart:

You might have some trauma from your previous relationship that you should seek professional help for. It seems like it might be manifesting itself as an aversion to physical affection. That’s a normal trauma response. Be open with your current boyfriend and if it bothers you be sure to set boundaries.

1 Like

Would you rather him want you that much and so you affection or show someone else you should enjoy my wife gets upset because I am the same in the factor as which you seem to call to much

It’s so sweet when your man is instantly attracted to you.

Yes it’s nice to have a relationship with someone who can be affectionate, but I don’t think it has to be “embraced”. Affection has a level which can differ between every person. If it’s overbearing to you that’s what it is and you shouldn’t embrace it because your man is getting a bit excited.

I don’t get much wind down time to myself so I like to live in a bubble. I always have tbh and don’t want to be intruded on :joy: so for me this would be too much affection - but it’s each to their own, you have to work out what your level is and set a boundary. A last relationship can change you as a person but that’s also something you don’t have to change, you lived that for 7 years! If there are things you do want to work on then try to figure that out together :blush:

Because you have been abused in the past you don’t think you are worthy! So will try to find fault or mess things up. Please don’t! You are obviously a beatiful person and deserve to be happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I mean I get all the you’re lucky comments but honestly? Just communicate with him, as you say there’s no anger or yelling. Just let him know how you feel, the best person to discuss this with is him, healthy relationships and communication go hand in hand x

No, it can’t be to affectionate. I can’t find one that keeps it up. Once he has me the affection stop.

Actually you don’t have to be the “lucky” girl right now. Even without your past some people (like myself) just have a limit on affection. I have children, clinging on all day…. Touching me with sticky hands while I smile and use up most of my understanding and effort. When he is regularly handsy (not affectionate, only ever for sexual reasons) sometimes I just wish he’d appreciate that I’ve been climbed on and touched all day. That’s the last thing I want to be doing with my “free” time

7 Likes

If it is just love and affection that is ok but if it is a sec addiction he will need some help.

Is he the perfect guy

You should feel lucky!!

You better count your blessings…

What do you think???

That’s his love language. That’s what he needs.

Lucky girl, make yourselves happy :wink:

My partners still like this and we are together almost 6 years. He may just be and affectionate guy. If it bothers u maybe talk to him and say at times u need sum personal space. As we all get days or times when we just want our own space it’s natural.

Ive been with my husband for 11 years and if he just looks at me he gets hard lol I’m laughing but i’m dead serious and I LOVE that he still sees me that way but i’ve had to talk to him about making sure we communicate and treat eachother appropriately cause there for a while i started to feel like an object instead of just feeling “beatiful” (or whatever lol) like before…I hope that made sense

2 Likes

Don’t compare him to your ex. Just drink in his love and attention. Be grateful and return his affection with respect and affection.

2 Likes