Can relationships last if mom is the breadwinner?

You want balance but in the same breath you say you want him to pay more bills and provide more for you.
Be happy that he’s working and that your business is booming. He’s been paying most of the bills before your business took off so why are you complaining? You’re a grown ass woman. You can pay bills too. Get off your high horse and realize that you have a good man before somebody else snatches him up and shows him what appreciation is. You seem ungrateful. Just have him help with the household so you can have it a bit easier at home.
“Can’t see it working out in the long run”… gtfoh :roll_eyes:

I paid majority of things in the beginning because I made more money. Now I’m the stay at home mom while he makes double what I made 1.5 years ago If he has motivation to get shit done he will. My bf cooks cleans does laundry and everything a woman typically “does better” he’s just as good at as I am.

So now your doing well to you he’s basically not providing enough! What about when he was paying more?. You clearly don’t love him or respect him and it shows!

Your feminist mindset will ruin your marriage. Work on that

are you money hungrrry? because it shouldn’t matter who makes more? you should be thankful he does work women!! if he isn’t up to par w/ you then you have problems n I mean that in the most humble way​:thinking::woman_shrugging:good luck!

Maybe you should tell your husband how you feel, rather than strangers on the internet. :woozy_face:

1 Like

If you make more, you should pay more. A fair split it add up entire household income and expenses. Each person’s percentage of income should pay that percentage of household expenses. 70% income pays 70% of the expenses. Household chores should be split as equally as possible.

Get a cleaner
Spoil yourself
You live him and are happy aside this by sounds
To me you seem to have it good

Why are wom en like this

I can’t believe what I’ve just read

1 Like

@i don’t feel like women are sending us there best people

I guess it depends on what you think is 50/50. We always lived in a house with a big yard. He did everything outside and i did everything inside but shared the cooking. He was a better cook than me. If he got off early dinner was ready when i got home. And it was ready for him if i got off work before he did. We had no small children at home. To me this was 50/50. He also kept the appliances and cars running. He was handy with his hands. I guess people have to figure out what their “50/50” is.

2 Likes

It will work out if you want it to. Sounds like he works, so what if he doesn’t make as much money. Sounds like he’s worked in the past and paid more then. You didn’t say why him cleaning & childcare didn’t work out? Was it not the way you wanted it done? Who knows what the future will bring? You say you love him? Do you really?

Who says that the man has to make more than the woman? Who says that the woman has to take care if the house and kids? If you want things to be equal, then address it as we need to do things not I or you. Example: We need to do the household cleaning or we need to do the laundry.

If your so unhappy making good money quit. You realize after the year most families have had people would die to have this problem. You sound ridiculous. No one feels sorry for you because your successful. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Tell him straight out, it’s more bills or more mr mom. Men can’t just take the easy way out because they have a penis. Communication!!

1 Like

So it was grand when he was paying more then you but now that you’ve to cough up more on bills there’s issues. He’s obviously been working his arse off if he was the one paying the way for ye. I wouldn’t be surprised if he backs up and leaves. Not everything in life is about money!!

If you are both working full time, you both should be doing half the work. The amount you pay is not relevant but a partnership should be 50/50. In saying that, he supported you when you weren’t working or weren’t putting in 50%. He didn’t kick you out. Maybe your crown has landed a bit crocked on this one. I think your success has gone to your head and you have forgotten who you stepped on to get there. He deserves better than that

As long as there is no abuse in the relationship then enjoy life. Have you been paying billss as well as he? Doing household chores, taking care of the child, dont complain enjoy your riches and each other.

You sound entitled and rude AF. You make more money, so what?

I would never tell my husband he needs to go make more money just because I am the breadwinner that is demeaning to your spouse his income was good enough when he was supporting you men are capable of taking care of kids and chores it just may not be exactly like you would do it and that’s because we are all not the same but you should be appreciative when efforts are made example my husband does not wipe counters and table when he does dishes but he loads washer and starts it that’s OK because that is one step I did not have to do all that’s left is cleaning counters and table I consider this teamwork I primarily take our kid to doctor because I’m mom and want to know everything that is said but dad has taken him on occasion when I couldn’t I had hard time with that but I had to get over it and be appreciative that dad stepped up to fill my spot I would encourage you every time you think something negative to think one positive also when your discussing things with partner consider if what is bothering you is petty or serious and rehears in you head or on paper how you can word things with your partners feelings in mind also your partner is not a mind reader respectfully discuss house chores and ask if he could help with xyz chore if not could he read the kiddo a book or play Outdoors while you do xyz chore

Women are generally the care takers because we are better at it. Who gives af who makes more?? Is he there, does he support you, and not financially but emotionally, in what you do and who you are? Is he there for you and you child, is he faithful? If you answered yes to all of that you are very lucky because most mental these days are none of that. I have 3 kids and im going it alone. Count your blessings and let’s not be so materialistic. Sounds like you have yourself a good man and a loving father to your child. Just saying.

1 Like