Can you be evicted for being a sex offender?

I would check out your state laws. If you feel you are being discriminated against because you are on the registry then call a lawyer. Otherwise most states have laws about renting to people who are on the registry especially if you might be living in low income housing.

1 Like

Only if the crime was committed after you became a tenant. If they knew before you moved in, no.

3 Likes

You chose a moms group to ask this :skull:

32 Likes

I think it would depend on what kind of offense as a sex offender being on the registry, was done. If it was towards kids, being close to schools or children they would want and have means to evict.

A person who is a registered sex offender should already know the laws regarding where they can and cannot live. I swear some of these posts are created by bored admins looking for a reaction. :woman_facepalming:

Did any of you know that you can be told to register as a sex offender for public urination? Accidentally showing your boob, butt or genitalia? Not all sex offenders are sex offenders.

Wow guys judgement much… I’ve met someone on the registry because they were 18/19 and their gf was 16/17 could be same type of case… also don’t they do background checks before renting? I can’t see how they would be allowed to kick you out after the fact but each regions laws are so different. Speak to local rent board and lawyer

11 Likes

I work for a housing authority in Indiana and this is an evict-able offense.

3 Likes

You need to talk to a lawyer. Personally I wouldn’t rent to a sex offender. A landlord has to think about other tenants too.

Yeah if children are near by

Keep in mind guys that people on that list are not automatically who you think they are.

To answer this question, I’m pretty sure if it’s around kids you can but I’d really check it out and fight it if it’s not around a school or anything

4 Likes

Leaving this group right now

6 Likes

The fuck you on a moms group if your a sex offender!!! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Where in Arkansas? :astonished:

People really need to educate themselves before commenting on post such as these. The term of a registered offender is so wide ranged everyone jumps straight to an adult molesting a child to be on it. Think of this you can be on a list for someone lying about their age, sexual battery a term in the registry and can be slapping a woman on the butt hitting her boob in public any of these things. Do not twist my words either I know awful awful people deserve the max on the registry and then some for crimes committed. But do remember and ask maybe what happened educate yourself. Some cases are not what they seem. To answer the question eviction is depending on state and location of property residing. If you didn’t report address that’s a felony in itself. Also it’s much better to be upfront!

If it’s not a sex offender friendly property and they found the person on the registry after you moved in it is a reason for eviction. I’m in property management and my property does not allow sex offenders. If we found one of our residents on the registry we would have to start eviction proceedings. Depends on the property and what your lease says.

In NC you are run thru a sex offender check list. If you’re on it, you will NOT get an apt.

Where I used to live we had one staying with a neighbor. Everyone ran him off which was illegal. Growing up we had 1 that lived in our apartment complex. Our complex was where ALL the kids would hang out. He used to hide in his apartment. Most people thought he died cuz u NEVER saw him. He ended up passing a couple years ago.

I love these comments…:roll_eyes:
Soon as yalls perfect daughter hit 16 & sleep with an 18yr old, you’ll press charges & causes this. :unamused:

13 Likes

How is this question approved? Isnt this a mom group WTF

9 Likes

Wtf!!! Why tf are you here in this group ask this question to moms??? And there’s really bit*h’s on here giving advice to help :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: depending on your crime you should be living 10 feet f@cking under!!!

15 Likes

Live in Arkansas and we do have the Goon squad

Yes there is strict background criteria for most rentals sooooo…

1 Like

Maybe she is trying to evict someone out of her house. Did any one of you think of that? Jump to conclusions much?

11 Likes

I live in Arkansas and if kids are around than yes. Did thd person fail to tell the landlord or did it just happen? either way I wouldn’t want u around with my kids there.

1 Like

Yes if children live closely or are near a school.

2 Likes

1st off, Why are you even in this group?
2nd, why are admins allowing a pedo in a parent group?
And 3rd, i hope you end up on the streets. I would pray any landlord refuses to house your nasty ass. Go to hell.

Ummm you’re in a momma’s group which presumably means you’re a mother on the sex offender registry??? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:. You are gross!!!

There are numerous reasons for being a sex offender…

It solely depends on the rental criteria and lease agreement.

2 Likes

Yes if near school or daycare or something similar or lots of kids

How do you know this person isn’t a female? Or a mom?

1 Like

I sure hope so :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Ppl y’all do know there can be other reasons to being on a sex offense registry right? Like a teen couple being together for years and the boy turns 18 before the girl and the parents decide when the boy dumps the girl they’re gonna call the police? Or did you know if you were caught urinating in a somewhat public area (even your yard) if you have neighbors that have children that didn’t even witness it, you can be put on the list for life. Maybe don’t be so quick to assume it’s child molestation or rape :woman_shrugging:

Surprised they rented to a sex offender unless they heame one after tou moved in. Yes you can be evicted for that reason.

Yes, if it is an apartment building/housing complex or any sort of federal run housing I know for certain the answer is yes. Not so certain about a private property/landlord situation/local laws but I would assume the answer is also yes, to my knowledge they would have to hold a felony charge as a RSA and to my knowledge that is evictable on it’s own. A relative is an RSA and was evicted from a housing complex that children lived in a few years back, despite his completion of mandated classes & the victim not being a child at all.

2 Likes

Y’all do know bitches can be sex offenders too right?! :joy: either way, fuck outta here!

Yes. But also, you guys are assuming the poster is the sex offender. Maybe she’s trying to evict someone from a property she owns.

Of course you can!!! Especially with children around

3 Likes

Yall in the comments realize you can become a sec offender by getting caught having sex in a car or something ridiculous. They never said what the charge was for…

Go ask your probation officer!!! Not us tf :expressionless:

17 Likes

If it’s not, it should be. They shouldn’t even be allowed out of prison, especially if they’re a p e d o. They shouldn’t be allowed near people if they couldn’t keep it in their pants in the first place

24 Likes

You guys do know the sex offender registry isn’t exclusive to incidents with children, right? This person could very well be a parent with a child-hence being in this group. Does not necessarily mean their offense is against a child…and its not always men, women are sex offenders too.

Yes you sure can. It was something that needed to be stated before you moved in. I know if I rented to you and found out you were a sex offender I would immediately evict you.

Well, this is awkward :eyes:

4 Likes

If you lied to get the lease

1 Like

You should buckle up and get ready for a life of scrutiny. One google search, and everyone knows what you did. That’s going to hang over your head , for a long time.

6 Likes

I would think only if you lied about it on your application, but if you where honest they can’t evict you after the fact

2 Likes

I’m curious as to what kind of responses you thought you’d get from a mothering page. In my experience, us mothers don’t tend to take kindly to sex offenders of any kind.

If you did not disclose this information when you signed the rental agreement and it’s prohibited by a renter for this landlord then I’m sure they can. I mean are you the sex offender or is your significant other or both? I know there are only a few places in Central AR that will willingly rent to offenders or so I’ve heard idk for sure but I would definitely not want one in my rental sorry! I understand some people may be wrongly convicted of crimes bc our judicial system is not good but js I’m not judging. I’ll leave that for God. It would probably be a good idea to be open and honest with your landlord up front or this will probably be an issue anywhere you try to rent.

If anyone has kids, yeah.

3 Likes

Hopefully. I’d never hàve let yòu mòve in in the first place tho.

5 Likes

I could not see that being a valid reason for eviction. I mean if they gave you a lease and made an agreement with you, status shouldn’t matter. I would fight it. And a lot of people will be ignorant, just ignore them :roll_eyes: none of us know the backstory so who are we to judge. Hope this helps

9 Likes

Y’all do realize that not everyone on the registry has a sex related crime, right? Just because someone is on the registry DOES NOT MEAN they’re a pedo, rapist, child molester.
Some of y’all need to learn to know the full story before you judge. :roll_eyes:

Depends on the state. I’m CA. You cannot. :rage:

You need to evict yourself right from that relationship. What the fuck

In the UK, if you weren’t ASKED to disclose any criminal convictions and your probation rules don’t forbid it (if it was a crime against minors and there are children there) then no, it’s not enough reason LEGALLY!

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty much based off of the tier (1st, 2nd, 3rd degree) of offense. Actually, a lot of people, including children wind up on the registry for something as simple as urinating in public. Personally know a child [almost a full grown teen now- 11th grade] that was put on registry in 5th grade for peeing in some bushes because the bathroom at the park was closed & a cop happened to roll up. I think location of dwelling has to be taken into account when seeking housing as well. Close to schools/parks etc…

4 Likes

I believe it depends on your state. Michigan supreme court ruled against ppl on this list having restrictions on where they can live. The governor who had nothing to do with it took the hit and was blamed. She may be a Democrat but Michigan supreme court is Republican! Our Republican supreme court say they are upholding the rights of everyone by allowing even pedophiles to live right next door to a schools! I find that to be sick

1 Like

Probably should have thought about that before deciding to be a sex offender :woman_shrugging:t3:

Should be shot not evicted

28 Likes

I hope they evict and knock teeth down throats. Tf is wrong with you coming on here asking about a sex offender getting evicted. If there’s kids around I hope the parents are aware of it. Sorry but as a s.a survivor I don’t condone this comment. All I can say is go fuck yourself and I hope they evict you for the rest of your life. Everyone who’s going to comment on thus comment go for it. Tell me one fucking thing I should be nice for? One thing I should have compassion for? Sex offenders are lucky they’re not six fucking feet deep. Just like my assaulter I hope you rot for the rest of your life. Don’t care about facts or the he said she said b.s or that your not guilty. Tf if your not. If I lived in your neighborhood and I knew who you were you damn sure wouldn’t be walking.

There are alot of ways to get on the registry that arent actual sex offenses! I see alot of judgements on this post! Legally NO you can not be evicted for being an offender , contact a lawyer and probation or parole

I think if you are nearby a school, family of young kids, park etc. and neighbors know they can probably request something be done. Not sure if there’s a legal way to go about it. I would look over your lease and see if it mentions anything about having a criminal past etc.

This is not really a question for Facebook

10 Likes

Depends on state, distance from certain public locations (schools and such), and in some leases you can be evicted simply because they don’t like you :woman_shrugging:

I had a slumlord that didn’t like all the landscaping I did (TONS of flowers and such, my family has an actual lawn service, so I know what I’m doing) In Empty, ugly front beds… seriously, they were dirt and ant hills… I also overseeded and got grass to grow… it was all after I asked first :roll_eyes:

Even if it’s not you should consider looking for a new place to go where you are welcome. Nobody wants to live where they aren’t wanted.

1 Like

Not all sex offenders are child molesters. Yes, a lot of them are. But if you actually look most of them aren’t. I understand peoples fears about them, but do your research. If your lease doesn’t say anything about it and the landlord doesn’t do a background check then no. You can actually take them to court for it.

Yea it is a valid reason if you didn’t make them aware before signing lease and also if you are within a certain amounts of miles from a park , school , library ect anything child related

Those are just some of the reason but if none above or you can’t find any laws
I would definitely looking into your state laws on that

7 Likes

Um ask your probation or parole officer. Hopefully

3 Likes

Yes. Life should be extremely difficult for a sex offender what do you think

Landlord here. Check your lease!

Who cares a sex offender only deserves to live in one place and that jail

Check your stage laws but I do believe landlords can make that decision especially if you were not honest with them upon signing a lease and maybe even the reasoning for being on the list. Theirs is why many landlords do background checks.

3 Likes

Without knowing the circumstances of the requirement for registry, I won’t judge. A buddy of mine got RAILROADED and was on the offender list… my father was a landlord for 14 yrs…If it was asked for and not disclosed, Then yes, they can. If it wasn’t asked for in the rental application, and the individual is abiding by all requirements of the courts and registry and not breaking any rules or restrictions… then no.

We’re in PA.

8 Likes

All offenders should be on a secluded island away from population. Just my opinion :tipping_hand_woman:.

29 Likes

Depends on the state different states have different rules, where I am they just can’t live within so many feet of a school or park, however in my opinion anyone on that list should be put in a cell for life

4 Likes

If it a sex offender you should be living in or under ground…

Depends why you’re on the register , if you were honest at the time and whether you’re breaking the terms of your parole /release.
Basically a landlord can serve you notice to leave at any time so if they’ve discovered youve been dishonest about your past or someone has complained about you being there they are within their rights to serve you notice

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem valid to me

Yes yes yes and oh wait yes! Why are you or someone out roaming the streets? And why the hell are you on a mother page? Bring back hanging! If nobody likes my opinion then tuff I said what I said.

31 Likes

I believe they can if you didn’t tell them. Or if he didn’t register at that address…

3 Likes

Eviction Process for Illegal Activity
Tenants or other occupants of the rental unit who are registered sex offenders may only be evicted for being a registered sex offender if the rental unit is located within 1,000 feet of a school, pre-school, or child-care center

I know my land lord,will evict you if he finds out youre a druggy,sec offender,or,trouble maker.There is a ton of children around where we live tho

Try this number and ask them.

For additional information, contact Paula Stitz, Sex Offender Registry Manager, at 501-682-2222

I hope so. You definitely don’t need to be around any children

15 Likes

I guess it depends on why you are on the registry.
80% of the time I think you should be on your own little island with other nasty people that do this.

29 Likes

If you’re not breaking any of your probation conditions then no you can’t be

4 Likes

If you are near a school, park, or other setting that’s specifically for children, or you did not inform the registry of your address, yes. The landlord is protecting its other tenants. There are a ton of reasons as to why someone could end up on the registry, so I’m not going to judge, but the landlord is looking out for the whole. Not just the one.

8 Likes

Why would u be with a sex offender in the first place? You shouldn’t have kids shame on you :face_vomiting:

Arkansas has few protections for tenants. They can really evict you for whatever reason.

3 Likes

I feel like it depends on why you had to register. Speak with a lawyer, and read your lease. My lease doesnt allow sex offenders to live in the complex. Period. Also, I believe everyone here needs to take a deep breath. We dont know the reason. In Alabama you can be a sex offender because your pants fell and a cop saw it. Sex offenders are not ALWAYS people who commit violent acts or inappropriately touch children. Let me be very clear, I am speaking only from the point of view of law in the state i am from. Every state is different. I am in no way condoning any violations just being real. My friend who ivwont name, she is a registered sex offender because she got so drunk she peed in some bushes next to her house by the back door, passed out, and woke with cops around her and her pants down around her thighs. So, we should probably stop with the judgement unless they disclose the reason.

You have to notify the landlord at which case most leases have a break lease clause for the landlord as well as there are rules pertaining to how close you can live to a school or church Etc as well so I def think it’s reasonable to conclude it’s possible to be evicted. Did this come to be after signing the lease? Or is this a situation where a new person moved in ? What are the exact circumstances. You can also google it and get a good idea- lots of articles will pop up- make sure you include your state in your search terms

Maybe don’t become a sex offender and you wouldn’t have to worry about it :thinking:

Yeah and you should probably be evicted from this group as well, if you’re a sex offender as you state.

Yup especially if you did not disclose this info. Shouldn’t be anywhere around kids. Playgrounds, schools, really anywhere a kid would be! Maybe like another person commented all SA should be on a secluded island!!!

5 Likes

If you are around children I would hope they evict you

12 Likes

Yes they can and are with in their right

4 Likes