Can you end your period early or stop it from coming?

Norethindrone (norethisterone) is a prescription medicine that can delay the start of a period.

Your doctor my prescribe you three tablets a day, starting three to four days before you expect your period to begin. Once you stop taking the medicine, your period should begin within two to three days.

This medicine is considered a contraceptive, but you wouldn’t be using it long enough to have those benefits.

If you intend to have sex while taking the medicine, you’ll need to use another form of contraceptive, such as a condom, to prevent pregnancy.

Side effects include nausea, headache, breast tenderness, and mood disturbances. People with a history of blood clotting disorders should not take this medicine.

You could always be his little ketchup packet…

21 Likes

Go get a depo shot will stop your period for 6- 12 weeks… it’s contraception so you won’t get pregnant either

To everyone saying if he doesn’t like it…blah blah blah… maybe its her that isn’t comfortable with it

5 Likes

Progesterone stops it for me

Is this a serious question??
Are you concerned he wont want to do the dirty?

3 Likes

look up the ziggy cup!! You can have sex while using it!!

I’m just here to say shower sex is a thing​:heart::woman_shrugging: less mess that way, and it won’t screw with you cycle.

If you’re on oral birth control you just skip your inactive week and start a new pack. It’s called continuous cycle. I have been on them that way for over 10 years due to endometriosis. Stop the periods stop the endometrial growth. No periods = Best thing ever.

13 Likes

Just give him a blow job :sunglasses:

Softcup menstrual cup. No leaking. Not birth control. But no leaks. No odors.

2 Likes

Wear a vaginal sponge if you’re worried, don’t even have to tell him :woman_shrugging:t2:

*they are called menstrual sponges, I said vaginal so you wouldn’t think I was talking about a random sponge shoved up there :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

3 Likes

Yes. They have drugs for"everything:

Norothersterne
Tablets help

No idea, it doesn’t bug my man or myself if I’m bleeding because it’s life. and I only have a 2-3 day period :woman_shrugging:

Ibuprofen or naproxen

2 Likes

I used to put the Nuva ring in and it would stop it from
Starting

I skip the last 4 colored pills of my pack and start a new pack and I’ve skipped my period for years. It’s a 28 pill pack called Yaz. The last 4 are placebo pills that make you have your period.

2 Likes

Go on the pill and keep taking intill he leaves

try to do a detour,don’t drive on a floody road,try on the other side​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::v::v::v::v::v:

4 Likes

When the river runs red, take the dirt track instead :rofl:

But seriously, if you’re both comfortable with it, period sex is awesome. Stick a towel down or do it in the shower if you’re worried/squeamish about the mess.

I think i read about lemons making it lighter or stopping early. May want to look that up but I think it was a lot of lemons.

Have sex on ur period? Lol

You can get birth control pills and skip the sugar pills and just keep taking the birth control and you won’t have a period.

2 Likes

Please do.t use ibuprofen… ask your doctor for Provera… this is exactly what it is for… you take it before you’re due on, then stop when your man has left and will start your period withing 2 to 3 days of stopping.

4 Likes

Just saw this today https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMd3AaqKt/

Talk to your Obgyn. I’m sure they have ways to help you safely!

I mean at least you won’t need to use lube :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

7 Likes

Plan better next time?

1 Like

drinking gelatin works to stop it for short periods at a time

Diva cup, you can have sexual intercourse while using this.

5 Likes

Tell him to run that red light if need be. :man_shrugging::joy:

16 Likes

There is a pill the dr can give you

If your in the Uk ask your Dr for Norethisterone x

Masterbation 🤷 it contracts your uterus and helps you shed. That’s what my gyno told me

2 Likes

Um sorry anal maybe lol

drinking lots of water, exercise and actually sex will make it stop briefly

When the red river flows, use the dirt track :woman_shrugging:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

33 Likes

There are other ways to be intimate

Shower sex or put a towel down and shower before/after.

Are you on the pill? If so, skip the sugar pills and continue taking the normal pills….you won’t get a period that month :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:
Done it many times

10 Likes

Or go on Depo you don’t get a period at all

1 Like

Yea play with your birth control it works I do it all the time. However obviously use backup protection bc this prob confuses the prevention in it also lol

Grab your right earlobe, pull slightly down&to the right, open your mouth into a “o” shape, while humming a Michael Jackson song. Boom. No more period. Works every time for my phone.

14 Likes

Use flex discs, you can have sex with them in

Are you on the pill? If so, talk to your doctor, or start the sugar pills a week early.

1 Like

If your on the Nuva Ring, you can keep your Nuva Ring in during the 4th week instead of taking it out and by the end of the 4th week replace it with a new Nuva Ring. Can skip period that way.

2 Likes

Let him run the red light if he doesn’t mind… it shortens you period…

4 Likes

I have the marina, haven’t had my period in years. I love it.

1 Like

Have sex in the shower mines is really light on day 3 so it’s not as bad

The birth control trick really does work, I have done it for several vacations :woman_shrugging:t3:

I use to take the depo shot and never had my period again it was fantastic. Good luck with what you choose and enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Usually when I take Advil during My period it will be really heavy for 2 days but then it’s over, if I don’t take advil it will last the typical 5-7

If a little blood freaks out your man, he a little biotch

18 Likes

You can take the mini-pill to delay it for a week. I also wouldn’t let my period stop me from having fun. If you shower just before your blood flow will be minimal and it usually stops once you’re in the mood too.

1 Like

Wait until he’s THE ONE, and get married first.

17 Likes

If I want to skip my period I usually just skip the 4th week placebo pills (some are sugar some are iron) and start a new pack. Although the birth control I take has shortened and made my period lighter. So even if I do get a period (which doesn’t happen every month) it is only like 3 days long and so light I only use panty liners for protection. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

It’s better to just deal rather than pay the consequences later. I used my nuva ring an extra week And ended up with blood clots later on. I ended up on blood thinners and had a never ending period. And now have to take them consistently when pregnant. DON’T MESS WITH YOUR BC!!

1 Like

You can go to your Doctor or gp and request tablets to stop your period/delay it. I done this when going on holiday. They’ll advise you on how to take it. Worked fantastic for me!

3 Likes

Providing yourself some Os ahead of schedule can bring the onset sooner and douching during can clean you out quicker for less of a mess for a bit Otherwise consider it natural lube and roll with it after all what are showers for

6 Likes

Honestly if he is a real man and truly cares then it’s not going to be a problem a period is the most natural thing to happen to a woman and we shouldn’t be scared or afraid to say anything in regards to it. Please just go with nature and don’t try any rubbish you see over the internet. You may do more harm than good.

12 Likes

Time to get his “Red wings”

10 Likes

Why don’t you use a wet sea sponge to get your funky on then take out n rinse out n use again , used to work for me

There is a tablet called norethisterone that delays your period you can get it from docs/pharmacy but im not sure i it has to be prescribed, but please please DO NOT douche its no good. Xx

Get a plan b before you go and take it within the time frame

If you’re on birth control pill, just skip your period week this time.

9 Likes

Only way i did it was to keep taking my pill but not the sugar 1s and it wouldnt come for that month

3 Likes

Ibuprofen slows down/shortens mine dramatically. I asked my doctor about it because my blood loss was out of control. I have to take it anyway for the cramping.

Take a hot bath! It works like a charm. Shortened mine from 5 days to 3 days.

If you are on birth control, you can keep taking the active pills & you won’t have 1.

Just start straight into a new pack of birth control right when you finish the other & skip the sugar pills

1 Like

If your on contraceptive pill just skip ya sugar ones.

According to TikTok (lol) if you drink the juice of a whole lime, mixed with Tajin and some salt it’ll stop it.

2 Likes

Condoms and brown towels.

2 Likes

Was this written by the boyfriend, pretending to be the female?!

7 Likes

No lol… can’t be done…

yeah get pregnant :joy::joy::joy:

Get around some other women who are on their period

2 Likes

Exercise helped shorten mine and alleviate pain

Real men don’t care :grin::partying_face: sorry not sorry​:woman_shrugging:t3:
But there’s lots of ways. Skip the sugar pill Goto the doctors and get some tablets to stop it. I’m on heavy blood clotting (can’t remember the name until I look) medicine to stop this exact bleeding and you take 2 tablets upto 8 times a day it will stop it.

1 Like

Why worry …let him man up …js…

8 Likes

use the flex disc. it goes in like a diva cup but doesn’t take up space

3 Likes

Tell him to pull up his boot straps and get over it :joy: if he cant handle a little blood thats his problem

5 Likes

Only way I can do this is with my pill. Just skip the sugar pills and your period will hold off until the next month. In saying that, the next period you have will be like 3 times worse :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you end your period early or stop it from coming? - Mamas Uncut

Birth control. With the pill you can skip it or end it early. With the depo provera shot you don’t get it at all. Unfortunately they’re both hormonal contraceptives which don’t agree with everyone.

I have a “ziggy cup”. A menstrual cup which is more of a disc shape. You can wear it during sex and in my experience neither of us can feel it. It’s advertised as being great to wear during sex.

9 Likes

When I did camming on my period I stuck makeup sponges up there. I couldn’t feel it at all, no blood on the toys or visible at all. Just use extra lube and REMEMBER TO TAKE IT OUT after

Edit to add: my bf doesn’t care about a little blood we just put a pad down and get to it. It was only necessary for live streaming as blood isn’t allowed on the site I used

24 Likes

You can get prescribed a tablet that will postpone it not 100% on the name but I think it’s like northetiserone or something like that I had it once when I was camping at a festival given the facilities aren’t great I thought pushing it back was a better option

14 Likes

If you’re on the pill you could sometimes skip it. Never worked for me. But honestly I’d have a chat to him about having sex anyway! You’re more sensitive so feels great. You’re also swollen so feels good for him. Can’t get pregnant so good times!! Otherwise I’d get a diaphragm or you can get some menstrual cups for sex? I think I saw them when I was shopping around for my menstrual cup :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

So it has come down to regulating nature to accommodate a man. What am I saying? Of course it does.

5 Likes

Just go to your doctors they will give you the pill to use .
I used the pill to stop mine so that I wasn’t on for my wedding

9 Likes

Speak to your doctor and ask for norethisterone, its a hormone tablet which stops periods and is given to women who have problems with their periods.

4 Likes

This doesn’t actually answer your question, but I once saw an ad for a device product (not a pill) women can use to have sex on their period. I sadly don’t remember the name and have never used such. Look up these types of devices if you’re interested.

Speak to your doctor you can get a pill to delay it for up to 10 days. Worked fine for me other than feeling sick the first day or so

2 Likes

GP can prescribe something to delay. I did so I didn’t have to deal with it whilst incapacitated after surgery

The birth control pill is the best way to go. Just keep taking it. Go from one strip to the other. (And skip the placebo’s if you have them) You can do this for a serious amount of time, like months. I wouldn’t bet on the warmwater/ginger/exercice etc. tips here xD

9 Likes

A gp can.prescribe something to postpone it I’ve had them when going on holiday and knowing I’m due on x

Are you on the pill? I used to skip my period by not taking the week’s worth of placebo’s and just going right onto the next pill pack.

1 Like

Sea sponges are not recommended for a healthy vaginal environment…