Can you get pregnant on birth control?

Yup for all 3 of my kids.

No birth control is 100% effective… It says so right on the label.

Sounds like you need to go see your on gyn

Could thr sudden belly be from eating a lot of hamburger helper? I’m not saying you can’t be pregnant but that and pasta are full of salt and can cause big bloating.

2 Likes

Plenty. Nothing is 100% unless you’re celibate

I know a several women who have gotten pregnant on birth control. Either take a test or see your doctor.

Yes I got pregnant with my first while on the birth control pill. It’s definitely possible

You need to get checked out asap…I got pregnant when I took my birth control one hour late…That being said, I also experienced a big tummy with a hernia…so please go to dr soon

People have gone pregnant on iud so I’m sure you can on the patch as well

Yes hun,
Birth control is not 100% nothing is except abstinence. The negative pregnancy test could be it’s to early to detect or a faulty test, it’s best to test one week after a missed period, and then again in another week if no period has come. If still nothing best to go see a doc. The bloated belly could be a number of things, spaghetti is carbs and carbs make you bloat. The cramping feeling could also be a number of things, but I did feel small amounts of rubber band type pinches and cramps when I got pregnant I was also bloated at about 6 weeks. Everyone is different though. Good luck and if you need a confirmation best thing to do is get an appointment with your doc

2 Likes

Antibiotics can reduce effectiveness of bc

1 Like

I got pregnant on Marvelon and allesse… so yeah absolutely

1 Like

You can still get pregnant on birth control. I believe the patch is hormonal control, like oral contraceptives, so there are many other things that can affect it and lower the effectiveness, such antibiotics and various herbs. I became pregnant with my twins while on an oral contraceptive and using herbal supplements.

Birth control inst 100 percent effective says you have your period you can’t be pregnant if you have ur period but id get tested if ur unsure

The only way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. Any type of birth control can fail so yes you can get pregnant if having sex…even while using birth control. Although pregnancy doesn’t usually come with small pains (at least not early on) being a pregnancy can happen while using birth control it can also cause miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy so should go see a Doctor to have blood work for pregnancy instead of a urine test and possibly an ultrasound if weight gain happened so quickly, could be something more serious to your health.

4 Likes

My first… on pill…after 2nd was told couldn’t have no more…10 years later had ny 3rd…than had TUBES TIDE, and about a year after that I had ny 4th!!! Needless to say nothing is for sure I guess… I also had them tide, again, different doc…on the shot, (shot does bonus stuff for me as well) and well let’s say …I aint doing to anything to even question I anyway :rofl:

I have been pregnant 3 times while on birth control (1 miscarriage) it was the pill.

1 Like

I got pregnant on the patch with my oldest

I have known ppl that have gotten pregnant on birth control who also had periods so def possible…

2 Likes

Yes! I got pregnant, because I got pnuemonia, and the antibiotics I was on cancelled out my birth control 🤦🤦

I had the Norplant implant years ago. And after a while I was sick for a week. Thinking I had the flu. I found out I was 4 months pregnant.

1 Like

I was on the patch and got pregnant. My son will be 11 years old this year.

I did. Was on the patch too back in 2005. My son just turned 15 this month😂

Yes, I did twice and you will get your period as long as you’re on the pill.

1 Like

Yes, you can get pregnant on bc, you can also get periods while being pregnant; double check maam

I know females who have gotten their tubes tied and still gotten pregnant :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Got pregnant with Mirena and also on birth control pills…I am that percent. Lol

Go get checked.

4 Likes

You can get a test to answer this question at the dollar store.

1 Like

Just go to the Dr and find out if your pregnant or not

1 Like

I got pregnant with my first kiddo on the pill! Also, dollar tree pregnancy tests are the best, far more effective than the fancy ones (source: my midwife)

None of then are 100 % neither are condoms. They cab break

The doctor will be able to confirm. If tests come back negative, an ultrasound will tell all. Or a blood test may be needed instead of urine.

2 Likes

You know I’d go to the doctor I wouldn’t be asking Facebook I just kind of information I’d be going to the doctor

4 Likes

I got pregnant on birth control and still had my period. Pregnancy tests came back positive.

Yep my friend has three sons. First one the pill second one the norplant failed third the IUD failed.

I got pregnant with an IUD, nothing is 100%.

It depends some people it works for and others not. I been on birth control pills since 18 and I never got pregnant. Only type of birth control I use and it perfectly okay in a faithful serious relationship.

You could be constipated… would explain the bloated belly and pain in stomach.

4 Likes

I caught my last one on the mirena coil so anything is possible and none of them are 100% effective best option would be to do a test :+1:

No birth control is 100 %. Im on the depo shot an its been very effective for me. But what’s good for one person isn’t necessarily good for another. U can still get ur period on any birth control an u can also have ur period during a pregnancy. I would honestly take a test first thing in the morning at sum point just to make sure.

2 Likes

I was on the depo and got pregnant with my daughter.

I got pregnant on the pill and last 2 pregnancies I was on depo

1 Like

I got pregnant while on the pill… My pregnancy test kept coming back inconclusive. So they did an ultrasound

I got pregnant on it with twins. 1 survived and shes about to be 17

Yes, nothing is 100% effective.
You can get your period while pregnant.
Could be many things.
See a doctor asap.

2 Likes

Two of my three came with my ex being on birth control

I got pregnant on depo. She was born still born. Got pregnant on the ring, the pill and the patch too

2 Likes

Yes, no birth control is 100%. I have my tubes clamped and I got pregnant 15 years after having them done! Only way to not get pregnant is for the man to have the snip or the woman have a hysterectomy, or no sex!

If you’re unsure maybe get in contact with your doctor or a local doctor. I have heard of people getting pregnant on birth control though but its always best to check with a Dr.

I’ve gotten pregnant 4x being on the pill … the pill, patch, injections are 99% effective… I’m that 1% … get a blood test to be certain…

1 Like

I’ve gotten. Pregnant 4 times while on b.c . Lol … so yes you can

1 Like

I had the implant in my arm for 3 years. I felt like crap almost every day and was bloated… Took it out. Screw that

I got pregnant with all three of my kids while I was on the pill.

Yes you can get pregnant on birth control. It’s not 100%. Go to the doctor.

If you were on antibiotics and Birth control you can get pregnant

1 Like

For 2 of my children I was on bc and got pregnant

Take a pregnancy test

1 Like

Your best bet is to go to the dr! They can do a blood test / sonogram to see

1 Like

My daughter in law has been pregnant 5 times all on birth control!

All 4 of my kiddos are birth control babies, two pill, one patch, one IUD

Go buy a pregnancy test

I got pregnant when using a condom and plan B within a few hours. Anything is possible

Careful my friends stomach started getting pregnancy big and they found a tumor and shes already at stage 4 cancer smh go get checked

You absolutely can get pregnant on birth control. However, if you even suspect you’re pregnant you need to get your ass to a hospital NOW. Birth control can cause defects and even kill your unborn child and you made need extra vitamins because of how your hormones were while on birth control.

Just go to the doctor.

3 Likes

Iv got pregnant on the pill , the depo , the IUD and with my tubs tied so yeah. …

I got pregnant on the shot :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

got prego on the pill and the depo x3! i got my tubes tied and burned! i never pushed a prego test positive. my doc didnt believe i was prego. finally agreed to an ultra sound with the condition i pay if it was neg and he paid if it was positive! he paid!

I’m on the pill took sprintec now generic milli and I’ve never gotten pregnant

The only birth control that’s 100% is hysterectomy and abstinence. Period.

And yes, you can be pregnant and not have a positive test.

And yes, you can be pregnant and still have regular periods.

And yes, you can be pregnant and not gain weight or ever “look” pregnant.

After experiencing some of the above (no.positive test and no outward signs of pregnancy) and going into labor at work with my 2nd child before realizing I was pregnant, I highly recommend a visit to the doctor. Ideally your OBGYN, because the cause could be a myriad of things that perhaps your general practitioner may not notice.

I am currently preggo with a birth control baby​:sweat_smile: i was on the ring( followed the instructions to a T) and used plan b and yet here i am 28 weeks later with a child pressing on my spine and lungs and using my bladder as a punching bag​:joy::joy:

I got pregnant with twins on the depo shot. Nothing is a guarantee yes you can still get pregnant

If you pay attention alot of people that say they got pregnant on birth control, got pregnant on birth control 20+ year ago. Huanity has advanced. And while its still possible, its highly unlikely that youd get pregnant while on birth control. Depending on how long youve ben on it, the birth control could actually be causing the symptoms. When its close to time for my shot i get similar symptoms to pregnancy as well. Sometimes i even get morning sickness & actually throw up when its close to time for my shot (not always tho) but the symptoms vary & ive basically been told it due to the hormones from the birth control. But if your concerned you could alway have a test done by a doctor to be sure. 🤷🏼

I got pregnant while on the pill. My child is now 13.

I’m a birth control baby.

I’d stop taking birth control and get to a doctor fast sounds like your pregnant!

I’m a birth control baby as was my mom’s miscarriage before me

I mean, I have a pill baby and I didn’t miss my period until I was 5 months pregnant with both of mine.

Not me but I’ve heard real people’s stories of falling pregnant while on birth control and it’s scary!

Use the one money whey u get from the one wid style and buy style give u old boyfriend

1 Like

Have obgyn take blood work to see if it’s a positive pregnancy

3 out of 4 were birth control children … one was the pills and condoms, the 2d was patch and condoms… (same guy) lol

My 3rd one was on the patch 10 years later… so yup very possible +!!!

My 4th was literally on the day that the Dr told us the chances of getting pregnant were extremely slim

So between my husband and I 5 kids ranging from 4 to 18 and yup no more babies for either of us lol

Yes. I had two periods while pregnant and on the patch just not really heavy and found out thru annual pap when I was 16 weeks along

I was on the pill and the patch and got pregnant… She is now fixing to be a momma herself… :footprints::heart:

No form of birth control is 100% effective. And many other medications, both prescription and over the counter, can make birth control less effective.

Mi first was conceived on the patch

You should go to the doctor for more than to find out if you’re pregnant…many other illnesses could cause the same thing. Ovarian cancer. Liver failure. And others.
Not trying to scare you, but it’s better to find out earlier rather than later, for all of the above…including pregnancy.

2 Likes

A girl I know was told birth control does not work for her. Not any kind. She got pregnant on the pill, the patch, the shot and the implant. Poor girl can’t win and is super fertile and the worse part she got pregnant after she had her tubes tide so she finally said forget it and got a hysterectomy.

You can get pregnant on any birth control. Shot and pills here. Also antibiotics tend to drastically reduce their effectiveness.

Home pregnancy tests aren’t always reliable. Best thing to do is see the doctor and have a blood test done.

2 Likes

Jamie, I was on the pill when I got pregnant and still had my mthly.

Its is a possibility especially if you are taking other medications. There are a lot of both Rx and over the counter meds that counter birth control

I feel pregnant with twins whilst on the pill

I got pregnant on the pills

1 Like

I have the nexplanon implant in my arm and I feel like I’m going crazy because sometimes I have thoughts that makes me think I’m pregnant again. To the point I have went up 2 sizes in pants and almost to the point I have to go up another size.

I got pregnant on the pill, and that child got pregnant (as an adult) while on Depo Provera LOL. Nothing is 100% effective except abstinence.

2 Likes

There was a show called “i didn’t know i was pregnant” for a reason… lots of women that have been on birth control pills, have had their tubes tied, or have been told by medical professionals that they can’t get pregnant have gotten pregnant or have even went into labor without knowing they were pregnant. It’s possible. Seek a medical professionals help to know for sure. That’s is better than asking for advice on here.

Go to a Dr. Yes it’s possible to get pregnant on birth control. And yes you can have periods and be pregnant. But one of the first things every pregnant woman notices is breast pain. Like you can’t give a hug they are so sore and tender.

Yes, you absolutely can. I have a kid to prove it :joy:

1 Like

Buy a pregnancy test and you’ll have your answer!

I got pregnant with my last child on the patch…