Can you get pregnant on birth control?

The hormones in BC can make you feel exactly as you’ve described. Oral contraceptives are 99.98% effective when taken at the same time daily.
The reason all these ladies get pregnant on BC is because they were prolly not consistent with their daily dosage. All it takes is a single pill taken a few hours later, giving your body time to ovulate and taadaa! BC rendered ineffective.

As long as you’ve been taking it like you should I wouldnt worry.

2 Likes

Even if you’re not pregnant you should see the doctor for any unexplained swelling of the tummy :kissing_heart: xx

1 Like

Unless you abstain or don’t have the parts… there’s ALWAYS a chance of pregnancy

1 Like

Yes. My oldest son, was conceived on the patch and using protection.

Of course…
Maybe take a test…??

Go to the doctor. And yes plenty of women have gotten pregnant while on birth control too

2 Likes

yes you can get pregnant while on the pill, I did

Definitely depends on the birth control but no birth control is 100% effective so yes it can happen. The pill for example doesnt work when you’re on antibiotics. I had 2 friends get pregnant that way.

1 Like

Have any of your doctors put you on any new medication lately? Sometimes antibiotics can cancel out some of the effectiveness of BC. I myself was assisted in getting here by my mom’s female dentist. She was given antibiotics after having a wisdom tooth removed and her BC didn’t work and here I am 31 years later and made her a Grandma 2 1/2 years ago lol…

Me on pill, patch, and nuva ring now im on the ten yrs shot and so far so good

Yes and I got pregnant on birth control pills at age 43 I’m 44 with an 8 month old​:joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: if one corner of the patch is lifted and not stuck to your skin, you can def get pregnant

I have 3 BC babies and one was BC and condom

My daughter was the patch baby!

Just go to the doctor and take a test there to confirm or not. No form of birth control is 100% effective.

Yes I got pregnant on the patch and he’s a year and a half old now!

Yes you can. Nothing is 100% effective barring not doing it at all :rofl:Take a test and if you’re not convinced, see your gp and get a blood test. Good luck

You can get pregnant on birth control, call your doctor

I got pregnant 3 times, all on different forms of birth control. Patch for my oldest, pill with my 2nd, and the Depo shot with my 3rd. After that, I gave up on birth control and had my tubes tied :woman_shrugging:

I really hope you’re not pregnant. I’d seek professional advice for your bloating and a gynecologist to ensure you’re double protected for now, at least until you make it through the teen years…

3 Likes

Yes you can. Nothing is 100%

I feel pregnant on the pill …was also on my period at the time and went to the GP as I was peeing loads…I was 12 weeks pregnant

4 out of 5 of my kids are birth control babies

The only guaranteed way to prevent pregnancy is to abstain from sex. No birth control is 100%. If you’re worried you may be pregnant, take a test. Also, see your doctor for blood work as certain vitamin/mineral deficiencies can cause carb cravings. The gut and associated pain may be a symptom of trapped gas or bloating from your recent carb heavy diet. Hoping for the best for you, stranger!

Yes you can get pregnant on birth control. Also with eating all of that pasta you can be causing problems with your digestive system, best solution is go to the doctor ask for a blood test.

Both of my daughters were conceived while I was birth control (depot with first, mirena with second), period, used protection and pull out method. So it is definitely possible to get pregnant on birth control and still have a period. With my first daughter I never had a positive pregnancy test including blood work til half way thru my pregnancy, I lost weight at first. With my second daughter I had a positive test 3 weeks after and I was already 2 and half weeks pregnant. I used the same brand of test with both pregnancies.

:laughing: I’m so tired.
I saw, can you get pregnant on the porch.
I’m here like, well, duh!

2 Likes

Rule of thumb: ANY time a penis goes into a vagina- you CAN get pregnant…the risk levels just fluctuate with the different prevention measures.

My MIL got pregnant with my husband and his younger brother on birth control, my sister got pregnant with an IUD that had migrated and implanted somewhere else.

So yes. It can happen. Go get a blood test done.

1 Like

I got pregnant on the patch.

Take a few tests. If they all say negative, no you are not pregnant

I got pregnant on the pill. It’s definitely possible.

Yeah. I got pregnant on weekly injection BC. I didn’t have my period that’s how strong the BC was!
Still managed to get pregnant😂. My Oncologist was like WTF, you weren’t supposed to get pregnant!
We got pregnant with twins & lost one of them in the 1st Trimester. I have a healthy 8 month old now.
Nothing is 100% effective. I’m hoping my Tubal is!
Go to your GP & get a blood test. Its possible.

Yes. I was on birth control having periods when I found out I was 5 almost 6 months pregnant when I went to give blood at the hospital. So it does happen. Go get bloodwork done. Pee tests aren’t always accurate.

I gained 62 freaking pounds from the depo shot! :confused:

Yep got pregnant with my first son on the patch!!! Definitely a shock!!!

The patch did not work for me. It made me bloated, have headaches and felt sick. I ended up getting a rash around it and underneath it… found out I was allergic to the patch.
I did however get pregnant on the pill. Currently 34 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant the week before my period while on birth control.

I got pregnant on mini pill. Never missed a dose. Always took it the same time.

Not necessarily true…I took multiple tests with my last pregnancy and they all came back negative the time we would have conceived wasn’t even when I was ovulating when I went to the doctor I was alreadyn14 weeks pregnant and all the way up until a week prior my at home tests were negative…anything is possible if you don’t want to be pregnant abstinence or having your tubes removed not just tied are your only options and if you are young good luck getting a doctor to tie or remove your tubes. I had to have mine removed due to issues with my second son. Before that they wouldn’t even think about it

I got pregnant with my daughter while being on birth control & my sister got pregnant with my niece while having a IUD …

I did with my son and my daughter did too.

Just go to the Dr and ease your mind. Good luck​:bouquet::hibiscus::bouquet:

I got pregnant on the pill :pill: I’d been on it a while too!

I got pregnant on the pill. Twice. And i took it at the same time every day, never missed one!

I got pregnant with my first not even a week off the patch. It showed up on a home test at 5 weeks. I wasnt even ovulating at the point of conception. He is now a healthy, happy 3 year old with a baby brother due anyday now. It took us almost a year after i stopped the depo to get pregnant. I was due oct 1st 2019 for a shot and decided we wanted to try for another baby. September 4th 2020 i found out i was pregnant. Due in less than 2 weeks. Good luck!!

My mother got pregnant on 5 different birth control. Pills, IUD, Foam, rhythm method and rubbers.

See a doctor. Some prescription drugs can interfere with the birth control. I have nexplanon & while it’s rare, my doctor told me I could possibly get pregnant if I took certain antibiotics. I forgot the names of them but you can google what could interfere with your specific birth control

I was on OrthoNovium in 1983. 1984 I had my daughter!!! Surely it could not happen again. I had my son 13 months after my daughter. BC pills just didn’t stop either of my pregnancies. But I love my babies sooooooo much!!! Wouldn’t trade it for anything. :heart::heart::heart:

You could definitely get pregnant, but also sometimes birth control hormones can mimic symptoms of pregnancy. The roundness in your belly could possibly be bloating from too much starchy food aka the spaghetti. It wouldn’t make a test negative tho, so take a test or even wait a couple weeks to take a test again to be sure.

1 Like

Yes! Are you on any new medication or anything? I got pregnant off of birth control because I took antibiotics that canceled it out. My babe is now 4 months old.

3 times pill, patch and needle

I got pregnant on the pill.

I got pregnant on the pill. Currently 23 wks with baby #3

I got pregnant on birth control but it wasn’t the patch. My test was definitely not negative. I recommend seeing your doctor. If you’re not pregnant, maybe a switch to a different birth control will help with your symptoms.

Yes ! My daughter did

The patch is less effective than others…

I was on birth control when I got pregnant with my now 3 year old son

I’ve got 5 kids (9 pregnancies total) and I got pregnant on everything…I mean everything. You can’t use an IUD wrong. But in all reality you could have gained a little weight and possibly be bloated from all the sketti. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah got pregnant on the IUD two times

You can get pregnant on BC, but it wouldn’t cause a pregnancy test to be negative or cause your periods to continue.

I was on the pill had 2 kids.Still had periods.The 2nd child I had I didn’t know was pregnant until I went to hospital with tummy pains. To be told I was in labour .

1 Like

My birth control baby is 2 and a half was on the pill for over 20 years when I got pregnant definitely showed positive right off the bat I was about 3 weeks when I found out

I got pregnant while on the pill and we used a condom. It happens 🤷

I got pregnant off of the Paraguard IUD. It fell out on its own and I didn’t even know it, few months later and I’m having a baby this summer :sweat_smile::joy:

My mom had an IUD they used spermicide and a condom which broke and still got pregnant with me. It happens.

I got pregnant using the patch with my daughter 17 years ago

I had the patch an i was alway on an off every month an plus it caused me to have blood clots on both of my lungs but i wud say stop using it cuz i find it just as bad as the pill i caught pregnant on the pill an patch but with the patch i had ectopic pregnancy xx

Yes you can get pregnant while on birth control…if you are on antibiotics,you have a worse chance of getting pregnant

Um go to the doctor? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I thought this page was nails to die for…

1 Like

I got pregnant on birth control my first pregnancy and didnt realize i was pregnant until i was 22 weeks pregnant since i still kept getting my periods monthly. Only difference i notice was abnormal abdominal pain ehich is why i went to find out why and surprise your pregnant

I have not had this happen but I’ve heard many stories of women getting false negatives so maybe wait a few more weeks and retest if still negative a blood test will let you know

They’re not 100% but you sound like you’re bloated with gas lol

I got pregnant off the patch and a condom

Me. With twins. Unfortunately lost them

Go and see your gynaecologist.

You cant get on birth control and have sexual relations the same night … you should wait at least a month It takes awhile for it to build in your system…especially if you have just had a miscarriage with D and C

Sounds like you may be expecting you have all the symptoms! I got pregnant on the pill!

Greetings everyone, I’m happy today because of the wonders this sorcerer Dr (odogu) had done in my life, he has restore joy, peace, blessings, happiness and peace of mind in my family and also he have fixed my broken marriage and also told me about my future I’m very happy because of his great deeds.Contact him today for your lasting solutionvia Email: [email protected] whatapp +1 (760) 474-8630
Great odogu spell caster in UK/US

I got pregnant on birth control TWICE. And that was taking it properly. Once on the patch, once on the pill. That was also 15-17 yes ago perhaps advances have been made, but I’m pretty sure I’m just the .00001%

I’ve gotten pregnant with the patch. No birth control is perfect. Seeing a doctor is a good idea.

1 Like

Yes, my mom got pregnant 3x on it and pregnant with me while on birth control and a condom. I guess I was just meant I be here :rofl::rofl:

You can get bloated and pregnancy like symptoms before you start your period. Your appendix can also give you issues with bloating. Best way to know for sure is to have your doctor run a blood test.

Once on pill, once on IUD.
The first was an uneventful pregnancy but because I was never regular when on the Pill, missing a period or two was not unusual. I therefore only discovered it when my womb began to grow.
The second was weird. I thought I might be, then I bled, but I still felt pregnant. Positive test, womb size at 12 weeks matched expected date BUT the baby was too small at first scan. Doctors decided the IUD caused a miscarriage, BUT I then conceived again almost immediately. I do have a nicely documented 11 month pregnancy…

You can get pregnant on any birth control because birth control isn’t always 100% effective

Yes u can I did years ago on pills

I got pregnant 3 times on different forms of birth control

I got pregnant while on the pill

If your old enough to be on birth control… you are old enough to know the answer to that question… and if you’re really this stupid you shouldn’t be breeding in the first place

I got pregnant twice on the pill

I became preggers twice while on the pill!!! I was also taking anti-biotics and 15 years after the 2nd pregnancy occurred, was when I learned that the pill was not effective if used alongside antibiotics

No birth control is 100% there is always still a chance it can happen … go see a doctor and be checked out

Yes you can get pregnant on the patch. Sounds like Congrats are in order!!

Y oldest is a patch baby

Yes, She is eight now

Go to ER to find out what’s going on. Could be something serious going on

1 Like

First off . Birth control itself will not cause a false negative. Second, maybe your bloated from all the carbs you’ve been eating ? Hamburger helper and spaghetti are both full of carbs and gluten, which make a lot of people bloat .

3 Likes

I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my first. Only birth control 100% effective is not having sex. All others are between 90 and 99% meaning someone somewhere has gotten pregnant on it x

Go get checked out as with doc don’t play with stomach it could be a number of things best to be safe. Take care of yourself.

If you are taking the birth control correctly, still having a period and the pregnancy tests are negative then you are probably not pregnant. It can happen and it does all the time. Birth control has hormones that can cause similar symptoms to pregnancy. Pms symptoms are also similar to pregnancy symptoms. I highly doubt you are pregnant but if you believe you are, go to the doctor so they can do blood work.

Maybe from all that spaghetti you at!! Have you had a bowel movement?? Lol

I’m currently 18 weeks pregnant and was on the patch. So yes.