Can you get pregnant while breastfeeding?

I had my daughter March 15th, she’s 2 months old. I’ve been breastfeeding & me & my SO have had unprotected sex i was just curious if it is at all possible I could be pregnant. I haven’t started my period yet & it worries me. My grandmother has said since I’m breastfeeding I won’t be ovulating which would mean I can’t get pregnant. I’m not on birth control yet bc my pp appt isnt until the 29th. I didn’t breastfeed with my first so I don’t know a whole lot about it other than what I know now.

99 Likes

I think it’s the first six months it helps with protection from pregnancy. But it’s not a sure to fix to not getting pregnant. It’s best to get on some form of birth control as soon as you can x

Yeah… that’s why Gramma had 9 kids…lol

9 Likes

It’s not a sure form of birth control. Take a test

Take a test to be sure. But I’ve been breastfeeding for over a year and haven’t gotten a regular period yet.

You’re MORE likely to get pregnant after having a baby…

8 Likes

Breastfeeding is not birth control. The easiest time to get pregnant is right after having a baby

Breastfeeding does have an effect on ovulation but it doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant. It just makes you LESS fertile, it is still very possible to get pregnant just less likely.

1 Like

You can get pregnant. Be careful.

This is what happens when you believe breastfeeding makes it where you dont ovulate(to be clear we were not preventing anything we wanted them close but I didnt figure itd happen as quickly as it did)

6 Likes

My baby was born March 11! So she’s 2 months old now too. I haven’t started my period yet and we are breastfeeding as well. I am on birth control though

You absolutely can get pregnant.

2 Likes

Yes!! I got pregnant within 2 months after having my middle son.

1 Like

People should really be required to take a parenting class/education class before having kids. BF is NOT BIRTH CONTROL. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s because of breastfeeding

2 Likes

You certainly could be, or might get pregnant. Breastfeeding is not a reliable form of birth control. I was told that probably 1000 times between prenatal visits and my hospital stay and discharge. Wait a week or so and take a test.

1 Like

Breastfeeding doesn’t equal birth control. It doesn’t work that way. You can still very much get pregnant without a period. You’re the most fertile right after birth

4 Likes

Yes you could be pregnant. Breast feeding is not birth control.

Yes you can get very pregnant. Lol

Yes more fertile after baby. Brest feeding old myth

Huge myth. My doctor said that i can get pregnant so it wass very serious. I have a few people in my family who got pregnant 5 weeks after giving birth because they didnt even wait the full 6 weeks.

3 Likes

Meet Dallas he was conceived while breastfeeding…and on birth control…

7 Likes

Yes, you have a high chance of getting pregnant after having a baby

I have gotten pregnant 3 times while breastfeeding

Any time the penis enters the vagina you can get pregnant.

That is completely false! You can definitely still get pregnant while breastfeeding :purple_heart:

There’s no guarentees, ask him to wear a condom!!!

1 Like

My boyfriends sister said you cant get pregnant while breast feeding. Guess what? Shes pregnant again. It’s a myth.

5 Likes

Yep! My son was 4 months and I got pregnant while breastfeeding. They are now 13 months apart :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Only way you’ll know for sure is if you take a test. Breastfeeding is NOT a form of birth control

Yes you can. Breast feeding isnt birth control, yes it may slim the odds but not do it a few days and you can set hormones all off

Breastfeeding is not birth control! That’s an old wives tale! Your period might take a while to come back but you can most definitely get pregnant. I’d hold off on the horizontal mambo till you get a clear pregnancy test and the BC going.

This is a troll post… breastfeeding wont stop u from ovulating

Yes, you can get pregnant when you have unprotected sex. Breastfeeding is not birth control :woman_facepalming:

You are more fertile after having a baby.

1 Like

You can absolutely get pregnant again omg this is stuff your OBGYN should’ve told you! Don’t rely on old wives tales for everything its not reliable information. I hope your man knows how to withdraw since no one is using protection. You can take the mini pill birth control is safe for breastfeeding :breast_feeding:

Your very fertile after giving birth. Idk about the breastfeeding thing never heard of that. Sounds like a good question to ask your Dr at your appt. I dont think it’s true though

If you were that worried about it, you wouldn’t be having unprotected sex.

7 Likes

You have a Bigger chance to get pregnant right after having a baby.

3 Likes

You need a pregnancy test

You can get pregnant. Beat feeding can make you slightly irregular but not act as nature’s birth control. Remember women in menopause have gotten pregnant. Anything is possible. Check with your ob. They have a low hormone BC pill as well. Especially if your concerned about potentially getting pregnant.

Yes you ovulate. And yes you csn ovulate with no period. I breastfed all my kids and usually got my period when my kids turned 14 months

I got pregnant within the 2 months after I gave birth and had 2 in one year! I was breastfeeding so very possible.

You can absolutely be pregnant

1 Like

I believed that old wives tale also and ended up with my daughters being 10 months apart

1 Like

You definately can get pregnant while breastfeeding

I got pregnant 4 weeks after having my son and I was breast feeding also…

You could easily be pregnant. I’d start protecting yourself if you don’t want another child

Yep more fertile after giving birth

I am breastfeeding, my son is four months and I just now started my period.

Girl you just had a baby your fertile myrtle right now! Get checked.

1 Like

I didnt get a period till 6 months after baby

Our daughters are birthday twins!!

Unprotected sex can result in a pregnancy

24 Likes

My 2 youngest are 14 months apart and I was breastfeeding. It’s an old wives tale. Get checked and start using protection unless you are good with having kids so close in age.

Just because you don’t have a period doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant mama lol . Good luck !

Don’t believe that ole wives tale u will have another baby right away

2 Likes

Sexual education 101… you are incredibly fertile after having a baby. If you do not want said baby it is wise to use protection. Also if you did not know this, I question you.

11 Likes

Yes, you can be pregnant. Breast feeding is NOT birth control. You can still ovulate even if you don’t have periods or have irregular periods. So if you don’t want the possibility, got get a Plan B right away… and talk to your OB about your options for prevention, and use condoms in the mean time.

2 Likes

Yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I was told the same thing and my boys are 13 months apart. I also didn’t have a period with my daughter for 12 months when I was EBF. They will give you a pregnancy test when you go in for your 6 week postpartum.

2 Likes

That’s a lie my BFF friends are 11 months apart because of this thinking

1 Like

Oh my. Wrap that shit.

1 Like

Unprotected sex. Yep, possible.
Breastfeeding should not be used as a birth control.

You are most fertile after having a kid. Just because you’re breastfeeding doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant. You most definitely can get pregnant.

You can get pregnant. But not having a period doesn’t necessarily mean that, you might not have one for a long time if you’re nursing, it is different for every one. Definitely have them test you at your appt and then get on the mini pill ASAP if you don’t want to get pregnant again.

2 Likes

Are you trying to get pregnant?

Because unprotected sex is how you get pregnant.

Breastfeeding is not birth control…

16 Likes

Honestly. Of course you can!!! :see_no_evil::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Breastfeeding is not birth control. You can get pregnant while breastfeeding. The best thing to do would be to take a pregnancy test. Good luck!

You can get pregnant yes.

Yes, you can absolutely get pregnant while breast feeding. My OB told me this right after I gave birth. Get on a non-estrogen birth control :+1:t2:

Yes you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. My aunt had 2 boys 11 months apart because she didn’t think she could get pregnant while breastfeeding.

Anytime you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant

2 Likes

You still ovulate when you are breastfeeding, you just may not have your period. It is entirely possible to get pregnant

1 Like

I’m evidence of my mom having breast fed my Irish Twin who is exactly 51 weeks older than me; my next brother is 53 weeks & 5 days younger than me! My mom had 3 of us in CLOTH diapers at same time!

Yes you can get pregnant

Yes my youngest. I was 3 month pp when i found out. I was ebf. Exclusively breastfeeding. And i got pregnant.

My moms doctor told her If she breast fed she couldn’t get pregnant well she had my sister then not even a month later she was pregnant with me

You can and will get pregnant while breastfeeding.

Years ago, before cribs and birth control pills and formula, women nursed on demand, wore their babies, slept with their babies and not a minute spent without their baby close to them. If that were true for you, then you might be ok. Most people don’t though.

Yes you can still get pregnant

Ive 2 daughters 11 months apart, i was breastfeeding so yeah you can

I am human proof it is possible! :call_me_hand:t2::partying_face::sweat_smile:

There is only 1 thing that can 100% prevent getting pregnant. Abstinence. It actually blows my mind how many women get on these pages saying they had sex and asking if they could be pregnant. Where I am, we learned this in 5th grade. If you have sex, there is ALWAYS a chance of getting pregnant. Please, go to google before asking questions like this. Please, educate yourselves and for the love of God your children too. I’m sorry to sound like a prude but really? “I’m having sex, could I be pregnant?” Nothing prevents except not having sex.

7 Likes

If your breastfeeding you may not get a period. Also nothing is full proof so just take a preg test

My oldest was 4 months old when I got pregnant with my little boy. Shell be 2 this August and he’ll be 1 in September. So yes it is possible you could be pregnant. I would definitely get a test.

I was pregnant at my 6 week check up
So …

1 Like

Oh, Yes!!! You can get pregnant while breastfeeding I am living proof.

I got pregnant breast feeding and on birth control lol! If there’s a will there’s a way😂

It’s always possible even BF

Your grandmother told you this because she wants more great-grandchildren.

11 Likes

You are very fertile after giving birth

Very possible as mu aunt who had her daughters just under 11 months old can tell you.

Call your doctor instead of asking on social media…

1 Like

Yes you can get pregnant, just use condoms from here out. Unless you’d want another child so soon. If not be responsible and have the talk about what you guys want. Make a plan and stick to it no matter the heat of the moment

1 Like

My mom got pregnant with me when my brother was around 4 months old. He was born May 21, 1984 and I was born June 21, 1985.

I didn’t ovulate while breastfeeding until my first child was 17 months old. Now my second child is 11 months and I’m still waiting.

2 Likes

I prob going to sound like the rudest person EVER … but I have to leave these groups bc if questions like these

8 Likes

Oh my god!!! Another one of these type of posts?!? You would think they would learn from the other fools mistakes! Unless you are trying to actively get pregnant why TF are you having sex if you are not on BC or using a damn condom??? This literally blows my mind. I swear every few days some chick that dont know anything about her body (which is sad AF) asks this same dumb ass question.

I know yall read the other posts and see everyone’s comments. Why just why in the world dont yall wait to have sex?? Yall bout to have some Irish twins up in this bitch!!.

Smh learn about your body. Hell there is Google use it. Read books stop posting anonymously to a damn group and read!!!

You are most fertile after giving birth and just because you’re breast feeding doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant

1 Like

Hello breastfeeding is not birth control. Of course you can get pregnant.

5 Likes

You are extremely fertile after giving birth. Especially while breastfeeding. Maybe grandma just wants another grand baby… lol.

3 Likes