Daughter started her period, and her dad won't let me come get her

He’s not wrong. He is more than capable of being there for her… she needs to be able to depend on him as much as you in these situations… if you needed you could have brought her a change of clothes with a little bag of goodies for her to school…

1 Like

I feel you momma. It’s a tough old world out there as you can probably tell from some of these comments. This is a big time in a young girls life and you wanted to make sure it was done correctly. You can mark the moment with her when she comes home.

1 Like

Wow soooo rude …. Sooo sad when parents are more concerned about being petty than doing what’s best for the child

2 Likes

This should be the exception. She needs her mom! Jerk!

1 Like

Men have no clue !!!

I’d have dropped off what she needed at school.

What the heck. Pick her up anyway. Forget that crap.

There are plenty of Dads who are more than capable of dealing with periods.

If she would rather be with Mum then sure, he should make an exception. Otherwise leave it.

4 Likes

My thought is that I am her mother and will do what’s best for her - I’d have picked her up

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he can handle this.

1 Like

I think that’s an asshole move…but I don’t know all of the story

1 Like

Go get her until he’s off work. Not like he can have that time if he’s not leaving work anyways :woman_shrugging:

Go get her.
That is a major need for MOM.
I was so happy my Mom came to get me.
How sad for him to do that to her :cry:

This dad needs to have a heart.WTF is the matter with him.by no means is he thinking of the daughter just his visit.sad.we all need our momma at a time like this

1 Like

What’s the whole story though? Can’t just post that up without the full story. How competent is he? Is he normally petty? What did the daughter say? Did she want you to come get her or help her or is it you assuming it’s solely the mothers role to help a daughter during menstruation. When I was 15 hell my 20 something year old male body builder cousin took me to get pads and paid for them.

3 Likes

He is her parent also and it’s his time with her :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s insane. He should be thinking of her needs not his own ego. She needed her mother not him.

Why is she in school on Saturday?

Legally, he’s a dick. You can go over everything when she gets home. It may not be ideal, but it’s his time right now. As a parent, he should make executive decisions to help his daughter. In my opinion, he’s being selfish, but not something you can control. Just support her as much as you can once she’s home.

2 Likes

If she called you she needs you at this time. Dad should be OK with this. His concern should be his daughter’s well being at this time. If she chooses to talk to her mom about this. Then let her talk!!

1 Like

How did you find out & what’s the schools involvement?
During the Christchurch earthquakes, the school was blunt about kids contacting parents. Then parents coming down, without the Office knowing

I think if she wants her mum then 100% dad should get over himself and let mum get her otherwise have faith that dad can handle it

1 Like

Bleep :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: him and would’ve picked her up under sick school emergency. Next time tell her to go to the school nurse. Legally allowed! And called the lawyer to CYA. Nobody can stop you. Then he gets her after work.

It’s his parenting time. I’m sure he’s capable of dealing with it himself. It’s just a period it’s not like she’s on her death bed or anything.

4 Likes

I want to know how the daughter feels. If she wanted her mother, then the father should be put in his place. If this is just the mother trying to be controlling over the situation, then she needs to be put in her place. Not enough info on this one.

2 Likes

Go get her if he has issues call your lawyer that is abusive af

2 Likes

Go get your daughter she need you oh well if dad gets mad it’s important

If she is asking for you, he needs to stop being such a dick

Dad’s can do this too!!! I hate my ex … he is an asshole … when my daughter started he called me at 7 AM … I didn’t answer because I was sleeping … got the 911 text … I called . He was losing his mind … but got everything she needed. I asked her if she wanted me to come get her and said she was fine. But her Dad would have let me pick her up if that is what she wanted. Listen to the the little people before you judge …

2 Likes

It’s her cycle. She’s not dying. Unless he refuses to educate himself and help her, then he should be perfectly capable of sorting her through her period during his parenting time.

Are you going to schedule all parenting time around her cycle?

3 Likes

He would not want to know what I think :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Would you honestly allow him to pick her up on the days she’s with you?? I honestly feel like u shouldn’t be running to pick her up. It’s a period and I promise it won’t be last one she has either. And interfering with his time with her is just wrong especially if you don’t allow him to pick her up in the days she’s scheduled to be with you.be grateful that she has a father who is and wants to be apart of her life. There are some children who’s father would have used that as an excuse to drop her off. Let him be a parent too. Men are perfectly capable of handling and helping with women issues such as a period. They know how to handle and deal with it when it’s us so it wouldn’t be any different when it comes to their kid.

2 Likes

I disagree—not all girls are alike during this time—future times is different, but the first one—they need their mom or at least a best friend. Some of the girls are super shy with their first period and don’t want the Dad to know right away !!!

4 Likes

He has that right. You can call her at school to see if she is ok or stop in. It’s not the end of the world.

GO GET UR KID, Dad can consult your attorney

1 Like

I hope you went to get her, and he should want her to have her mom at this time . SMH.

2 Likes

If this is her first period, this is a special bonding time between a mother and daughter. If she wants you, go get her. It’s as simple as that💖

1 Like

Uh does he have a period? Does he own u? It might be his time but if she wants 2 come home go get her he don’t have a say in u taking her put of school until he gets off. If u choose 2 go get ur kid then that’s ur prerogative. I was 13 when I got mine and if my dad had been alive, the last person I would have wanted 2 be around 2 have answer my questions would be my dad. My sister was 11 and was with her dad! She was so embarrassed she called her step mom off of work 2 get her the products she needed.

That’s awful I would want to be there for my daughter and am sure my daughter would want to be home with me not at her dad’s. Just the way it is with us.

Cannot say what I think. Will get banned!

For a little girl having her VERY FIRST period YES she should have her mom period. Poor little girl probably embarrassed to tell dad.

Why do you need to go get her? She’s gonna be just fine.

Let him find out the hard way