Did anyone bleed a lot with the depo injection?

I had the depo shot after the delivery of my twin girls and I bled for 3months

It was a lifesaver for me. I was on it for over 10 years and it totally stopped my cycle, which is what I wanted. I loved the patch, but they pulled it from the market, and pills made me sick and crabby all the time. Think I’m the exception though.

Yep I bled for 6 months and had enough so I got off

I put on heaps of weight and bled for pretty much 3 months straight

I’ve been on it nearly 4 years never had a period if I had one now I’d probably faint :see_no_evil:

I bled for the entire 3 months. Never went back after that

It all depends on ur body but it will take some time to adjust. I haven’t had my period in years and I love it

The first time I was on it I didnt bleed at all. On it again now and all I have is a little bit of spotting.

I bled fooorever. Didn’t go back for another injection… and I still kept bleeding. Went on for about a year til I got on the pill. I almost lost my goddamn mind.

Yes, I took 2 or 3 shots and bled the entire time! I stopped them.

I had 1 depo shot and I bleed for 7 months straight, none stop!!

Yes its normal. It’ll go away. Its called break thru bleeding. I experienced this multiple times my first year on it. Now into my 3rd year and i only bleed a little when its time for next injection

I was on it for 6 years. I never bled but I did get very bad anger issues and gained 80 lbs.

It gave me assist on my ovaries which caused me bleed. To many hormones

I never had one , from the day I started taking it.

I did. I bled from july til like October after getting the depo. After having my son.

:open_mouth: reading some of these comments!
Nope! I have never bleed on any contraception- currently have the Mirena and have never had an “issue”

Depo gave me terrible mood swings and made me gain a LOT of weight. I’ve always struggled finding a BC that worked for me.

I was finally put on Freya for my periods and I had no side effects and no periods! It’s been BEAUTIFUL. Just some bad cramps the week before my period was due but that’s expected

That depo over frig up … I tried it once and was all kind ah issues… and of lately especially im seeing a lot of women complaining and having major issues with it… I personally will not recommend it to anyone

I had one shot following surgery and bled the entire three months. It was miserable.