Did anyone else with a small frame give birth vaginally?

I weigh 100 pounds and weigh 152 when I had my Daughter she weigh 8 pounds 9 oz had her vaginaly

You body size doesn’t have anything to do with it & 3.3 isn’t big at all. your 31 weeks you still have a few weeks to go don’t be worried about it I know you may be but it’s nothing to stress over.

I gave birth at 119 lbs. Not even a stitch was needed.

Got pregnant at 89lbs.

I’m 5’1 didnt weigh over 115 with any one my boys and 3 natural births and they were all at least 7lbs. You’ll be fine mama

I’m 5’ 0” 90lbs gave birth to a 7lb 6oz boy 21.5”

I’m 4”10 and when I found I was pregnant with daughter I weighed 105 by the time I had her I was 128. I was induced and had her vaginally. She weighed 6lb and 6oz. She now a happy healthy almost 2 year old

I weighed under 100lbs when I gave birth vaginally to my 8lb 3oz baby. Im also 5’2

You’re good mama. Don’t let them pressure you based on you or baby’s size. I’ve seen some tiny woman give birth vaginally and bigger women end up with a csection because baby got stuck. What really plays a part is whether or not your pelvis opens enough like it’s supposed to. I know one girl who’s pelvis didn’t open enough and her baby’s head got stuck. He was only 6 pounds and a few ounces.

I have a small frame and had to have a csection with my first. Will have to have another with my 2nd, some can have vaginal birth and some can’t. If u struggle threw it they will then move on to the csection. Ur in good hands with ur dr.

I was some where around 130 when I had my daughter. She was 5lbs 7oz. Had her just fine.

My ex is a tiny lady. Our son was 7lbs 11oz at birth. She had some issues and ended up needed help at the end, had a couple stitches but no c-section. I don’t think you have anything to worry about with your size.

Have a friend who is 5 foot 2 maybe 105 lbs, she gave birth to a 10lb 2oz baby no problem

No I weight 120 and at 37 weeks 163. He was 6 5 ultrasound and measurements where completely incorrect off by over 2 lbs. My younger so they wjere off to

I’m 5’2 and never got over 150 while pregnant with all 3 of my boys. I delivered all of them vaginally with an epidural and with no tearing. They were all over 7lbs.

According to every single BMI chart I’m am severely underweight…I have birth vaginally both times with no issue, other than after delivery issues (discussion for another time). As long as your Dr isn’t concerned, I wouldn’t be too worried about it. If your Dr hasn’t said anything by 31 weeks should be fine, however if you are still concerned, I would speak with your Dr at your next appointment. I’m 5’4 and weigh 100 soaking wet. 🤷

I’m very tiny
I’m 4’11 barely weigh 90 I was around 122 when I gave birth but I have birth to a very healthy and big baby my son was around 7 pounds when he was born (he was a few days early at 39 weeks 2 days) my labor was hard because I had some life events happen right when I went into labor but for the most part I had a vaginal delivery, no tears, or anything
I had no problem except my epidural didnt work

2 Likes

I’m 5’4" and weighed 105 when I got pregnant with all 3 of my kids. Always been small :woman_facepalming: I delivered all 3 vaginally. 6lbs 1oz, 6lbs 5oz, and 6lbs 7oz.

I’m 5’1 and was 128 when I had my daughter, (37w 4d) labor was 21 hours but natural delivery was fairly quick and then she was in my arms and everything was ok🥰

Yessss I did last August but my daughter was small iugr baby 4lbs I got induced at 37 + 2 days.

My doctor told me if you are small framed depending how big the baby is estimated to be they do c sections because it causes too much stress on the babies heart.

You both will be fine.

I’m small and had a 7pd 7 baby boy all natural, no tearing or anything, first child, water birth was amazing.

I’m 5ft exactly was 98lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest he came out 8lbs4oz and 21inches and when I gave birth I was 130lbs. I got pregnant with my daughter and weighed 110lbs she came out 8lbs9oz 22 inches and when I gave birth I was 128lbs. I do not have a big frame at all I get mistaken for a 13 year old quite a bit and actually have to shop in the junior sections to find clothes that fit . But both were vaginal births.

Am 4’11 got pregnant with 2 of my kids at 85 pounds at the time of lador I weighed 115 pounds. Now am pregnant with my 3rd . all went well all vaginal my biggest was 7 pounds at birth

Yes all 3, I’m 5’4” 100lbs. My last baby was at 36weeks and he was my biggest at 7.8! All healthy and no issues or tearing

I’m under 5ft and my average weight is under 90. I ended up having GD with my last baby and he’s my 3rd baby. I gained about 45lbs and gave birth to a 8lbs baby vaginally with no tears and no pain meds when I was 39 weeks and 4 days.

If you’re doctor isn’t worried then you shouldn’t be.

Nope you’ll only get a c-section if it’s absolutely needed. Lots of small people have babies normally. You’ll be fine

I’m 4’ 10” and I weighed right around where you are, and I had no issues with vaginal births for either of my boys (they both tore me a bit, but that’s fixable). Everyone is different though so I would just talk to your doctor about all options, and have back up plans in place.

I’m 5ft2. Before baby 110lbs. Pregnant got up to 160. All belly :tired_face: lol. Gave birth to a 99th percentile baby in all areas, vaginally. Had an episiotomy. You’ll be fine. The female body is capable of amazing things.

I delivered vaginally with my both my boys with zero problems. My oldest was 5.11 (37weeks 4days) and my youngest was 6.9 (37 weeks 1 day) delivery weight for my oldest I was 150, with my youngest delivery weight I was 110. I was told with my first I was too small framed to have him vaginally but I did and labor was 5 hours. My youngest labor was a little under 2 hours.

I’m 5’ 1” before pregnancies I weigh around 100lbs. I’ve had 3 beautiful boys, all delivered vaginal and naturally. First was 6 weeks early due to a car accident, weighing 5lb 8 1/2 oz. Second was full term weighing 8lb 13 oz. Third was full term weighing 9lb 3oz. I gained around 40-50lbs each full term pregnancy. Everything will be perfectly fine Momma, you got this :blush:

I’m 4’11” and weighed 85 lbs when I got pregnant and I gave birth naturally. Your body was basically made for this, it knows what to do.

I was 87lbs before I was pregnant with my first and I was too small to deliver naturally. My hips were about to dislocate. My legs were shaking violently even though I had no feeling from my epidural. I couldn’t control them.

I was 105 when I got pregnant with my first. 160 day of delivery. She weighed 8oz. I delivered vaginally, no complications, up walking around within a couple hours of delivery.

My mother is 4’10 never over 100 lbs and she pushed out 7 kids .Sometimes bigger women have smaller birth canals than small women - good luck

1 Like

There’s really no way to tell. I’m 5’6" and 200 pounds and have huge hips. My son was exactly 9 pounds and got stuck. I pushed for 2 hours until pushing collapsed my lungs and he wasn’t coming out. I had to have a c section. The doctor said that although I was dialated to a 10, my son was “jammed up in there stuck.”

I was 120 before my first pregnancy. I gained 35lbs so I was 155 at birth and my son was 8 lbs 4 oz. I delivered vaginally but did require an episiotimy.

I had a family member go through this. Pushed for 20 hours to find out her baby’s head was larger than her pelvic bone so there was no way the baby could birth vaginally! Emergency c-section. Baby was in NICU for a while but is okay now. Be cautious and prepared. I would ask at your next appointment if this can be prevented

110 before I got pregnant 150 when I delivered - vaginal birth

105 before my first pregnancy & 145 at 9 months my son weighed 7.2 no issues.

I’m 4’9 pre pregnancy weighed 100 with my first and 110 with my second and both babies were 8lb babies. Totally nothing to worry about. Your body knows what to do.

I’m 5’1”and weighed 179 when both my kids were born. The first weighed 9lb11oz. All natural but I tore so bad. My second pregnancy I didn’t want to have a vaginal birth because of how horrible I was after my first but my doctor assured me she wasn’t going to be as big. I had her naturally and she weighed 10 lbs even.

I was very tiny and had four all natural, no meds at all. I am 5 foot even and about 100 pounds before getting pregnant. My son was over a month premature and weighed 6’ 10" . My daughter was a month and a half premature and was 6’ 1" . My other two were full term but only 5 lb babies. Yes it is possible. And no it isn’t that bad!

Im 5’2. Had both of my girls vaginally. Third degree tears with both but it was worth it.

My mom is 5’0, normally like 100lbs soaking wet, and she had me vaginally :woman_shrugging:t2:

Also, I’m not small-ish weight-wise, but I’m 5’2.5” and I had two kids vaginally. Both had big heads and one was over 8lbs

I was 4’9 and 89 lbs when i got pregnant with my 1st baby. I was was a big as a house and delivered my 7lb 2oz baby vaginally w/ an episiotomy and an epidural. I had 2 more vaginal deliveries as well. It is amazing what our bodies are capable of. Every woman is different though and you won’t know until the time comes. Best wishes to you!!

My OB actually recommended I do a c- section
Seeing his size and measuring
He was right!

Ur hips widen
But u may tear and that’s very painful!

I was 98 pounds when I conceived my daughter and 157 the day my water broke. She was 6 pounds 12 ounces 21 inches long

I’m not big either, 5’0” & 165 when I had my son. he was apparently a large baby every time they measured him on growth scans. They thought he’d be 9+ lbs but he came out at 6lbs, 11oz! :rofl: their weight measurements can be off 2lbs (either way). he did have a 99th percentile head though… and I did it, with only one small tear! One tip I can give you is to massage olive oil or coconut oil on your perineum… look it up, but a lot of midwives and OB’s recommend doing that early on to help that whole area get “stretchy.” I did it twice a day from about 28 weeks on and think it helped A LOT!

I was these exact dimensions and had a baby boy with a 98th percentile head in less than 20 minutes of pushing. You got this mama.

I knew a lady who was barely 5" she give birth to two boys who were both over 13 pounds, with no issues. Our bodies are amazing, I know many other petite ladies that have delivered large babies normally. Your doctor can do an ultrasound to measure the size of the babies head closer to your due date, and your doctor could give you sound medical advice on weather your body will be able to handle vaginal birth.

Contrary to popular belief being smaller or bigger doesn’t make a difference most of the time. I know slim women that pushed 10 and 12lb babies out :flushed: I’ve always been a bit thicker (I was far from fat when I had my oldest but I wasn’t exactly slim either, and I was heavy when I had my youngest) but I still tore when I had my oldest and she was a mere 6lbs. My youngest was just shy of 8lbs and got stuck, forcing me to have a c section. Oh and they kept trying to tell my that my youngest was going to be at LEAST 9lbs, though they thought for sure she was going to be 10lbs based on ultrasound. I argued with them and told them there was no way she was that big. I was right. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :woman_shrugging:t2:

I am 5’5 and was 105lbs when I conceived. 125lbs when I delivered my 7lb baby.

Your hips expanded when you give birth. Walking helps bring the baby to the pelvic bone. It don’t matter about how small or big the person-it’s all about how much you’re active in your pregnancy. This way your doctor always say walk and move a lot.

You may be able to deliver vaginally, but sometimes baby can tear the vagina or doctor will cut a little bit to make room for baby.

My sister is 4"11 and weights 110lb she’s given birth to 8, 8 lb babies perfectly fine .

I had a Csection my son was 5 days late wouldn’t fit in the birth canal, he was 9lbs 10oz and I’m 5’ and was only 110 lbs before I had him. Lol but I was 175 when I went in for my last appointment.

I was only 128lbs when I was 39 weeks and gave birth and it was vaginal delivery

i birthed vaginally and i am very tiny, i was 126lbs, 5’ 7” at 38 weeks when i delivered my first (7.2lbs) and i had no tears!

4’11 here. First boy 8 pounds, second one 10 lbs

I did twice I’m 5 foot and weigh 95 lbs first time at 18 with an epidural 2nd time at 28 with no pain meds of any kind tore minimally with both and had a very fast recovery

I’m 4’11 but have big hips and I still couldn’t give birth naturally. It’s not you height or frame it’s the inside structure of you. Our bodies change with pregnancy and unfortunately mine was unable to what others can do but I’ve since been told I have a small cervix and bend in my uterus that just wouldn’t cope, yet I know someone who’s had all natural births and is only 6 stone and my height xx

I am 5’2 & was 115 lbs when I conceived my daughter and 145 lbs when I gave birth. I did it naturally no c section and everything went smoothly. Your body know what to do and your hips widen and I didn’t tear. My daughter was 6lbs 9 ounces

I’m 5’ .late baby, induced. 31 hours labour, dilated only 3cm. Ended up having a c section they still had to use forceps coz he was stuck in canal

You should be fine. I’m very petite 4”11 and before I was pregnant i weighed 85lbs i ate I just never gained any weight. I was told I could have her vaginally. I was 9 months pregnant weighing 122lbs. The doctor didn’t know she was going to be so big she was 8lbs 1oz and i ended up having to have a c section because she was stuck in the birth canal

1 Like

You got this mama! Im 5,1 they told me my baby was going to be 9lb at the time I was same size as you. I put lots more weight on towards the end, I dont really think that natters as its your hips pelvis and you baby tunnel that will do all the changes for you as your labour progresses. Mine came and this 9lb baby was 6lb7😊Good luck xx

I was 5ft2 and a size 8 when I gave birth and I could do it xx

I have no hips n delivered my 3 vaginally the only 1 that tore me was my 5 lb baby cuz she was so little n came so fast. She ripped me frontwards in stead of backwards​:flushed: please make sure if that happens to have ur man or someone check n make sure the doctor does a good job sewing u bk up cuz my doctor DIDN’T :pensive:

It’s also been my experience that not all babies gain as much weight as they say they do toward the end either

With my 2nd pregnancy I was 135 pre-baby and about 170 in labor, and my son was 9lbs

My mom did 5 times. She weighed maybe 100lbs when she got pregnant with the first and was anywhere between that and 115 when getting pregnant with the others. We all weigh between 7lbs8oz to 8lbs5oz. Just depends on your body

My pre pregnancy weight was 92 pounds my baby was 8.8 pounds delivered vaginally no problems

I had both my kids vaginally and with no medication and I’m only 5’1” and was 116 when I gave birth to my first she was 3 weeks early and 5 pounds 7 oz and I when I gave birth to my second and I was 130 pounds and he was 4 weeks early and 5 pounds 2 oz

Really depends on your hips and how you begin to open while in labor Im a bigger girl and had a struggle with my baby and she was 9lbs 9oz. You could be really flexible and deliver with no problems! I was not flexible at all :woman_facepalming:t2: I have also had two csections after because I struggled so much so the doctors said no more natural births for me.

Ultrasound sounds are give or take a pound. I had an ultrasound 2 days before my daughter was born and they said she was at least 8 1/2 pounds. When she was born she was 6 pounds 2 ounces.
Talk to your dr. See what they recommend. Probably will make you at least try to labor but if you don’t progress, c section is always an option.
Regardless, you will have a beautiful baby when it’s over.
Congrats

Im 5’1 and 120 pounds. I delievered my two girls who were 6lbs 2 oz and 6 lbs 5oz, and also my surrobaby who was just shy of 8 lbs vaginally, the last two deliveries required no stitches also. Your body will know what to do. Talk with your ob, if they arent concerned i wouldn’t be either

With my first child I weighed 110. She was 5 weeks early so she was 4 lb 13 oz. My second was born on his due date and I weighed 115, I’m also 5 ft. He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz. I’ve had 4 babies all natural no C-sections. You got this momma!!

If he’s a big baby and it’s your first time they will encourage you to do vaginal as long as his or your health isn’t comprised.

I weigh 125 and have a small frame and gave birth vaginally to a 9 pound 4 ounce little girl!

With my son 99lbs pre-baby at birth 150

I weighed exactly 100 lbs when I got pregnant and 136 when I deliver a 7lbs, 6 ounces baby girl

I was 97 lbs when I got pregnant and delivered a 7 lb baby

I weighed 104 with my first and my son weighed 9lbs. 10oz. The doctor looked at him and said, “This kid could palm a basketball!!!” Took a few extra pushes, but no issues. You can do it!!! :blush:

Women your size do all the time

My niece did all 3 of her girls first was early only 5 pounds 4 ounces, second 8 pounds 15 ounces and her third was 9 pounds 8 ounces

Your vjj dialates to push it out. You will be fiiiine. People don’t need to be tall to have babies
I’m like 5"1, had a 9pound baby and didn’t even tear.

1 Like

I’m average height but still quite petite (although my hips are on the wider side for my size) …
I gave birth to a 7.5 pound baby naturally! I was one day over my due date.

Delivered 2 boys vaginally. Starting weight with my first was 127, gave birth at 150. Second son, starting weight was 114 gave birth to him early at 7 months (not sure how much I weighed, but I was all belly). Pregnant now with my third, 11weeks. Doc already thinks it’s going to be another boy. Good luck, trust in Jesus, he’s with you every step of the way. :heart:

I’m 5’2, 115 lbs and delivered all 3 of my babies vaginally.

1 Like

I’m 5’1” and weighted barely 100 lbs before getting pregnant with my first and only weighted 112 lbs at 38 weeks and I gave birth vaginally to my son who was 7.5 lbs. my second I had vaginally too at 7 lb 5 oz.

1 Like

Do a lot of walking to help get your pelvic bone to shift properly an you shouldnt have any problems unless your son decides he wants to be breech then in that case they normally have to do a c-section

I was 98lbs when i got pregnant, birthed a 7lb 6oz baby with no problems.

You won’t know until you try it. I definitely would never elect for a c section unless it was the best option for my or my babies health and safety. I mean push it out vaginally and be a little sore maybe (I wasn’t for my second at all) or have them slice threw your abdominal muscles? Truly the moms that have to have c sections you are amazing and idk how you do it.

I was a 00 when I gave birth to my first. I did fine.

My husbands Aunt her first child was a little over 14lbs and she gave birth vaginally she was only about 100lbs at the time…

My best friend is tiny compared to you she had 2 vaginal births

1 Like

I have asmall frame. Beginning of my pregnancy I was 105lbs. Im about 5’5. After being in labor over 48 hours, I was begging for a c section, but he finally came, he was 8lbs 2oz, 21 inches long. I was all belly. I delivered just fine, small tear.

I’m not small, I’m not built small, I have wide hips. But my babies were 9.8 8.2 and 9.6 I delivered them all vaginally and the last one I didn’t even need stitches! My last one, 9lbs 6oz was born at 38 weeks. (Others were born on due date) He is in the 97th percentile at my 36w ultrasound, the one before that at 19w he was in the 73rd.

Women’s bodies are meant for giving birth. The changes our bodies make during pregnancy and labour are amazing.

Give it a few more weeks. I’m small and my baby was big. I weighed the options and since it was obvious I would have had to be induced and my Dr did not think induction would go smoothly for me based on his size and my size, we opted for a scheduled c section. I was very worried about his clavicle breaking and causing nerve damage and he was 9lbs at birth with a big head and giant shoulders. Nurse in the room took one look at him and was like “oh goodness you made the right decision.” I was in surgery at 7am, he was born at 7:22 and I was in my room recovering by 7:45ish! I had a very easy recovery (which can’t always be said for emergency c-sections) and I am going to do it again in September for baby #2.

I got up to 110 lbs and 4’9 with my daughter and delivered naturally. Lol, you’ll be fine. Our bodies are meant for this.

I’ve always weighed 120-125lbs before giving birth. I’m also 5’6. I’ve birthed three babies vaginally without any problem. One was 8.5oz 8.0lbs and 7.6oz. I think you’ll be just fine. It’s amazing what your body can do during childbirth.:blush: