Did anyone get a tubal done straight after a c-section?

Yes I did and it just makes you sore but it doesn’t take but 5 mins more.

If your sure than its Better doing the surgery after because ur open they can see what they’re doing. Mine did it 6 weeks after my 3rd. And 5 months later baby no. 4 wouldnt give him up for anything tho

Having this done first of August so I’m following as well.

1 Like

Got my tubal during my last section. Periods suck and I’m ready for menopause

1 Like

After my second c section I had mine cut and burned, it added 5 minutes to the procedure if that. Recovery was a piece of cake compared to my first one

2 Likes

Mine went fine… It took a few minutes longer than the previous c section… But all is great… I would never suggest asking your husband to get a vasectomy… It is your body, if you do not want anymore children be proactive and do not depend on someone else to keep you from getting pregnant… I’ve seen it over and over… Women who get pregnant after their husbands had a vasectomy… Either from cheating or husband leaves or dies and the women loses their mind… Then wham pregnant again… All children are gifts but always protect yourself …

1 Like

No brainer your already open and on the OR table. It takes just a few minutes.

Yes and that was 30 years ago. Everything went fine.

Mine wasn’t after a c-section but was within 24 hours of childbirth.

as a M/B nurse, Get t done, It isn’t much longer, The recoup time is the same & you will be better off

I had mine done after & it took maybe 5 minutes. I do have more intense cramping now, but nothing Tylenol or Motrin can’t handle.

Thanks for all your answers ladies!!

I had a csection and tubal at the same time! Best decision ever! Two birds with one stone, so to speak!

2 Likes

I did with my 5th child but second c section. Recovery was the exact same as the C and it only made the surgery like 40 mins longer.

Yes, I did mine after my 4th child and Csecetion. Recovery was just fine.

1 Like

Got it done right after my 4 c-cection took a few minutes but I didn’t really notice the time lol. No problems afterwards.

I had a csection and tubes tied with my last baby a year ago. Recovery was just fine

1 Like

Had tubes cut and burned…2 years later…pregnant!

2 Likes

I was in there when my sister had it done, it maybe took an additional 5 minutes.

I had it done during c-section, no issues

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting pade Okaka to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Okaka because he didn’t just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and super. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and romance contact Dr. pade OKAKA. email: [email protected] Or whatsapp him on :+2348115981627 and i assure you things will turn around for you.

Horrible periods
9 years later
Not sure if it was related to it or not. But I know afterwards periods have hurt more

2 Likes

I got mine done, I’m.open already so I did it while in there

Yes, during my 3rd csection. No problems. I was 31 at the time and no regrets. It maybe takes an extra 15 minutes.

1 Like

Totally smooth- and about the same recovery. You’re also out already- might as well

1 Like

Had mine after 2nd c-section shortly after baby was delivered that did it and it was no different going home afterwards than it was from the first one - bonus was couldn’t get pregnant anymore and didn’t have to be on any type of birth control.

Had my tubal done after my c section get cramp but all good

I’m 37 and due to have my 3rd child in October by c section and I am getting the tubal done they said to me it will take an extra 10 minutes to do it after Bub is born. Good luck to you.

Better u get it one time! Its one opening ! Otherwise you will have to cut again to do it!

1 Like

I did :slightly_smiling_face: everything went smoothly but I wasn’t expecting so much pain after a third cesarean . I’m going to say I had more pain than the second c section . First one was an emergency so it was a shock to my body . Surgery was longer after taking baby out . An extra 20-30 minutes for me . :heart: good luck and sending prayers and good vibes your way !

6 Likes

It shouldn’t add much time to the procedure. I had mine done during 2nd c section and the length of procedure time was about the same.
My periods became heavier and VERY painful afterward, however I was also later diagnosed with endometriosis so that could we why.

8 Likes

I had it done after my last fifth child but a few months later bc I started to get bad periods like I was giving birth again and again and heavy bleeding .so my doc suggested that …it totally stopped the bleeding but not the pain …it hurts bad mostly on my right side where I believe they pulled my daughter out after C-section and was so sore unbearable pain during healing process …I need to have something else done .but I believe hysterectomy is last option …I’m not sure about that …I didn’t even know I can get the tube surgery during your c section…well good luck …hope it goes fast and easy and congrats…

1 Like

Had mine tied during my 4th c-section about 5 months ago. Maybe 15 extra minutes in surgery after he was out. But time really flies when you’re on the operating table and the excitement of your baby being born. Recovery time was the exact same, and for me was easier after each baby. Hopefully you have the same experience! I also was concerned about possible side effects, but so far so good. Periods returned as normal and may still be adjusting since it was only 5 months ago but I feel they are pretty much the same, just don’t have to worry about birth control anymore so I am pleased with the decision!

5 Likes

Had this done after my second c-section. Didn’t seem to add much time to the procedure at all. However, my periods became very sporadic and painful. I bled heavy for nearly 18 months with very little relief. I eventually had to have a partial hysterectomy, best thing since sliced bread!

1 Like

Everything went smoothly, however, I wish I didn’t have it done. I have had SO many problems since, and the periods are HORRIBLE.

4 Likes

I had it done after the birth of my second child. My first was an emergency c-sect so I chose to have one with my second. My pain level with my second was extremely minimal, walking the next day and taking care of her with no help from the staff. I would recommend that if you are planning on having it done that you do it after the birth and on the table. The birth of both my children seems to of been very quick and I don’t remember any difference due to the tubal ligation. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

I had a tubal after my 3rd and final baby. The procedure time wasn’t that much longer as they literally pull baby out sew up the internal stitches and then do the tubes all in one clean sweep. My periods after my tubal were terrible the cramping was unbearable and the bleeding was alot heavier. I have pcos so that could have changed things a bit. But this was my experience. I have now had a hysterectomy and that has been the best decision I ever made. :clap:

3 Likes

I had mine done after second pregnancy with my son when I had a c section. It didn’t take long to do. Although I did have also heavier and painful periods afterwards but was also diagnosed with endometriosis.

I had 2 c section with my last which would be my 3 pregnancy I got a tubal nothing different no issues. I just know my periods are a little more serious. Before I didn’t even know I had mine and now for a day I’m in a dang ball and moody as hell. But otherwise I don’t regret it I’m glad I got it done don’t have to take any chances

Yes I had it done after a c section. Everything went fine. It was quick. I m thankful I got it done then instead of having to go back into hospital. When I got home I just took it easy … just took care of the baby. Good luck to you !

1 Like

I had it done and no problems during or after. The only shock I had was when they had me sign the form and they said it was for sterilization. That word kind of got to me because it was never used in our discussions before hand, but everything went well and have never regretted my decision. Good luck to you.:heart:

It was a little longer but they did mine while I was holding my son and listening to them clean him up, measure, etc so you don’t really notice the few extra minutes. Recovery wise there was no difference, maybe a little easier since I knew what to expect second time around post c-section. It did make my periods excessively heavy for 4 years. I switched to a keto lifestyle and about 5 months in to that my periods ended up being lighter than they were before tubal.

I had it done at age 36 with my 2nd.
Surgery was only 10mins longer.
The pain felt when the uterus contracts was more intense that with my first child.
I’ve never experienced period pains before surgery and still don’t get them.
Only “downside” my period is now 2days longer than before.
It’s 8yrs later and have never really had issues or complications.

I didn’t have it done right after c-section, but when I had mine removed, the entire surgery, from rolling down the hallway to me waking up was about 35 minutes. I’m assuming if they are already in there it would be much quicker than that. And I had no issues. Pain from the surgery for a couple days, but you’ll have that anyway. I don’t regret my decision at all, I’m so happy I did it.

1 Like

I did. No idea if it went longer or not. I had to go under anesthesia Bc the epidural wouldn’t take. But I’ve never had complications and it’s been almost 9 years!

I had a bilateral salpangectomy where they remove both filopian tubes done while I was open for my last csection (my 5th) and it didn’t take much longer than normal also recovery was about the same. I was a little more tender but nothing bad.

Had it done after my second csection as well! Went great with no complications and my recovery was actually easier the second time.

1 Like

Had mine after my 2nd daughter when I had a c-section. Everything went smoothly, and honestly didn’t take much longer after the birth. No complications, no additional pain or discomfort or longer recovery. Good Luck!

I hate it done almost 28yrs ago when I had my son. I don’t remember if it went longer or not, but I had no issues. Every ones body could handle things differently. We knew we where done we have seen to many people think about having one more when the kids get older. We did not want to do that. So glad we did

I didn’t have one during a c section but I had one 3 weeks ago and the recovery was fine was smooth no complications my little one is almost 4 months

1 Like

It was super less complicated than trying to do it at a later time. Soooo glad it was all done at the same time. Not sure if it took a lot of extra time since they were already in there. Maybe a little extra soreness, but you have that with a c anyways. :100: worth it. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi! I had tubal with 3rd csection (twins were last). I had no issues at the time with surgery or recovery. Just that I had 4 kids 5 and under. Lol
I did get heavy periods after and ended up having an ablation. Worked great for me as no longer bled at all.

1 Like

I had three C- sections as well and had a tubal ligation after my third. I think my third C-section was the easiest one to recover from. I was also 29 when I had it done. Kind of creepy how much our stories are alike.

1 Like

I did after my third… the only thing I will say is that the recovery was a little more painful but other than that everything went smoothly

I’ve had 5 c sections ,6 kiddos ,I had a tubal after my last for medical reasons…it was definitely easier and smoother healing,didnt take any longer to heal than the c section ,I definitely recommend it while your already open they can see better what there doing ,and they dont have to cut more incisions in you that leaves scaring…I was supose to go in after my 4th pregnancy, but I chickened out ,wasn’t ready,then I got pregnant again ,and my uterus was completely shot they didnt expect baby to make it at all I was bleeding through whole pregnancy, baby was fine it was my uterus ,bedrest whole pregnancy no fun…so yes If have to it’s the best way.I birth 6 and adopted 2,so momma of 8 right here…hope that helped any🥰

1 Like

I did and it went fine. Recovery was not much different than my first csection. Also, your insurance will more than likelt cover more of that part due to it is a “secondary” procedure. But i was also told thati have a higher risk of it “not taking and tubes fusung back together” due to swelling of the csection. But, with that in mind, its been 17yrs and have had that issue!!!

I did. They did it after baby came out. No complications & that c-section wasn’t as bad (the healing process).

1 Like

I didn’t have a c-section but had my tubes tied after giving birth to my daughter. I heard that it wasn’t painful, but those women had it done a few months after the birth. Mine was extremely painful and I’m no wimp. I had to walk around the house clutching a pillow to my lower tummy for a couple of weeks, it hurt to cough or sneeze.

It doesn’t take a lot of extra time. Had mine done 8urs ago during my csection with my youngest. I was 34 now 42 and have had no problems. I actually didn’t even have any pain meds for 36 hrs after I had her. But I do have a high tolerance for pain. Also I had gastric bypass surgery 2.5 yrs before I had her. I wish I never did it now but that’s only cause hubby wanted me too and he passed away when she was 10.5 months I did want more but he didn’t. So that is the only problem I have had. Is wanting more. Good luck always

I had a tubal right after my 2nd c-section. I dint feel like recovery was any more difficult than my first c-section. I did get sick every time I tried to sit up for the first 8 hours but that was more to do with the epidural.

Just did it on 2/26/2020 it only added like 5-10 mins extra. Recovery is only what your recovery for your c-section so no extra days needed. I’ve only noticed my periods are a little heavier the first few days other than that nothing bizarre going on with it

I did, couldn’t have told any difference. Very quick and eliminated the need for another surgery. No extra pain with the C-section, however, more pain when ovulating after ligation lol. Wouldn’t have done it differently though!

The surgery wasn’t any longer I don’t think and I don’t think it affected my healing at all (2nd csection) but my cycles have been God awful! Like worse than I’ve ever had and I had issues my whole life. If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn’t. Honestly.

I had one done during my last C-section. I think it took them an extra 10 minutes or so but I didn’t notice any difference really as far as recovery goes. My monthly has became a little bit irregular and more heavy.

I had my tubes tied when my daughter was 6 seconds old. I figured while they had me splayed open they might as well. When they pushed my uterus out to get to the tubes it felt like a steam roller landed on my chest. But I had no complications or adverse effects from the simultaneous procedure. And it didn’t take much more than 10 minutes to do. Best of luck

I did just over 5 years ago i was 24 at the time it was my 3rd csection (3rd child also my only boy) honestly it didn’t make the surgery longer if anything only by a couple minutes recovery was pretty much the same. My periods now are worst though. That’s the only downfall

I had a tubal after my 3rd section, I didn’t even notice a time difference, I was in awe of my new baby. I have nothing but regrets. 15 years now of heavy clotty periods and so much pain and cramps. The headaches, ugh. Look up post tubal ligation syndrome, wish I had.

I had it done after my 3rd c-section and didn’t even notice a time difference. Recovery was discomfort was actually the easiest of the 3 and no notable change in my periods after.
Good Luck and congratulations!

I had mine done during my csection. I could feel the pain from the tubal even through the spinal block. They had to give me more pain meds. I was on iv pain meds the entire time I was at the hospital. Recovery wasn’t terrible. My periods are definitely heavier, but my OB says there is no correlation to the tubal :woman_shrugging:t2:. Survey was maybe 10 mins longer than my first csection.

This was my exact situation and I had it done during the third csection. I had more pain than just a csection but not intolerable. However it made my hormones all out of whack and I am on borth control now to regulate things which sucks cuz thats the whole point of getting your tubes tied! I have also had excruciating pain with certain movements that they think is related to the scar tissue from the tubal…seeing my OB again so to talk about this again. For many there is no issues after though. Good luck mama!

My daughter had her at 3rd c section. No complications. Said recovery was a little harder, but she had endometriosis and 7 years older. Glad she did it

I had mine done during my second c-section and I never knew any different as far as surgery time, or recovery. However my periods have definitely gotten worse since.

Took no extra time at all, no extra recovery time, but I was under full anesthesia by my choice, surgery was scheduled. It was my second child, at 37. There are twinges I felt from the “spay” for a good 2 years after, but it didn’t slow me down… in fact, my son had feet issues when he was born, so I was up and and doing stuff second day home, 4 days after he was born.

After 2 c sections, I had my tubes tied bc I was done! It’s better to get it done right after your c section while they still have you cut open. If you wait to get it done after you heal, you will go through the pain all over again! It didn’t prolong anything for me and I was back in my room by the time my baby came from getting cleaned up in the nursery!

Had it done after my 4th csection. Took maybe a minute or two longer than it otherwise would of. My son is almost 10 months old and I’ve had no issues.

I had mine done during my emergency csection I was out cold so cant tell you much…but it is the best way from what i understand good luck!!!

I did, everything went smoothly… took a few extra minutes in surgery but they accounted for that with the spinal… the only thing I have as a result is that I have some super light bleeding a few days after my period stops which my doctor said is perfectly normal

Had doing during my 3rd csection. Didn’t take much longer. The dr told me it was easier. Periods are a little heavier. But i havent had a cramp since it was done. Im good with that

I just had one 3 weeks ago! Honestly surgery was not that much longer and the only thing different I had with recovery with this c section (it was my 2nd) was some cramping that was a bit painful, but after the first week I was good!

I just got mine done in the 12 there is nothing different about gettin a tubal during c section no extra healing time and doesn’t make the surgery longer no more pain then usual after either I’m already almost healed on day 4 of bein out of the hospital and have had compliments on how well I’m movin about :muscle: I wouldnt change when I got tied at all I believe having it done during my section was a good ideah

I did. A few more minutes in surgery and no real noticeable changes in recovery for me. In fact, it was an easier recovery than my first.

Yes. After my fourth. Our county doesn’t allow vbac so I figured may as well… no issues. Was super quick. Same recovery

I did and it only took a few extra minutes and the healing process was the same from my first csection to the next with the tubal. No issues from that. I have pcos so I always had irregular periods and cramping issues so I can’t comment on that being worse or better. It was really about the same for me when I restarted my cycle :+1:. Best of luck with your decision!!!

I had it dont after my last csection no complications during the procedure but have suffered from PTLS and had to have an IUD and suffer from other complications

I had a tubal after my 3rdC section and Didn’t add much time to the surgery but had a bit more painful than my 2nd planned section but nothing tops the emergency 1st C section. one thing I noticed was that cycles were much worse afterwards but I also had other endometrial issues so that could be the reason for cycles being worse. Good luck

Difficult emotionally. Understand post pregnant hormones are difficult i.e. Depression. Add to this the feelings of loss regarding the ability to chose to have another child should you change your mind later. Some women verbalize a sadness. Others feel a freedom. Speak to your OBGYN Prayers for guidance for you.

I was supposed to have a tubal done during c-section…Asked Dr how it went when he came in post-OP and he said he knew he forgot to do something…Had it done as a same day procedure after I was healed…

1 Like

Yes, absolutely best way. Have your paperwork signed 60-90 days before giving birth. And make sure u have a copy of it with u

1 Like

I had no choice when I got mine because my last pregnancy was so high risk. My dr told me if I tried to have more kids it wouldn’t end well. So when I had my 3rd, he was 5 weeks early, 9lbs and I had preeclampsia, my kidneys had shut down and my blood pressure was so high the drs were surprised I didnt have a stroke. It didn’t make it seem longer when they did the tubal. Recovery time was the same, it took me months till I was normal again as in not so swollen that I could actually walk. I didn’t think it took longer though, I was thankful I was able to get it done right after.

I did and maybe took an extra maybe 15. I was awake and was holding my daughter so not sure in the timing. I didn’t notice any pain or recovery disyance from 1st to 2nd csection. My periods however are heavier and more painful when it came back and my doctor said its probably just my age but not so sure about it.

Had it done with my 3rd born, (2nd csection). It took maybe 10 more minutes, the recovery was the same as my 1st csection. I’ve had no issues with my periods that I didnt have before then. Tell your Dr. Early if you want it, because you have to sign papers like 2 months in advance so they know you are making a logical decision not based on hormones.

I have four kids, the last three were via c section. After my last, I had a tubal ligation.

It doesn’t add much time onto the surgery, like literally just a few minutes.

My procedure went smoothly. It was quick and painless. I had no issues after.

The only difference I’ve noticed is that my cramps are worse during my periods. I have cramps start days before my period starts, and the pain is worse than before. I didn’t have hardly any cramping before or during my periods prior to having my tubes tied.

I had a tubal during my 2nd c-section. I knew I was done having kids after a girl & a boy (both sections) & being 35 at the time of my 2nd child birth. The length of surgery was the same, but recovery was worse. I ended up crashing (low BP) in the hospital the same night my 2nd was born. It took me about 3 weeks after birth to feel anything CLOSE to normal again. With my 1st it was less than a week. Not sure if it was from the tubal, or crashing, or being older, but it sucked. Still glad I did it while I was already on the OR table rather than waiting until later to go back to the OR for a tubal. Good Luck!!

It didn’t seem much longer or different to me. After that spot is the first place I felt pain but it wasn’t unbearable or anything just could tell something happened there. My third C-section was a little more rocky from the scar tissue though and the doctor commented the whole time how glad he was I wasn’t gonna be having another. Ended up with staples instead of the usual strips. Since the tubal I haven’t had regular periods anymore and grow some odd hairs lol but no pregnancy so definitely worth it

I told my doctor hey you’re already gonna be in there so tie ‘em, cut ‘em and burn ‘em this baby factory is closed for business. Recovery was just basically recovering from the csection. Been almost 12 years now.

Everything went smoothly, no pain afterwards. The only issue I had was my skin had an allergic reaction to the tape they used and when the nurse took it off it literally tore my skin off. That was so much more painful than having the csection, even more painful than when I had my first daughter natural, no pain meds, no epidural.

Why not have it done while you are already anesthetized the uterus is stitched up and then, they cut out a little segment of each tube, tie off the ends, and its done. Dont see how the pain after could be worse then if it was just the section…you will be getting pain meds after surgery, and you will be in hospital for 3 to 5 days. If you do it later you will have it done out pt and go home within hours to all the kids, etc!!! Probably not get enough rest etc!!

I had mine done but after was in pain heavy periods and had cyst. Then I was diagnosed with endometriosis that led to a hysterectomy at 26 years old

I had my tubes tied during my emergency c-section. I’m unsure how long it took as I was under general anesthesia, but it shouldn’t add much time.
It does make periods very heavy and painful for a while. My twins are almost 8 now and there have been no issues for a few years.

I have 3 wonderful boys and I did the tubal ligation. I spent probably an extra 20 minutes. I had the baby and hubby went to the nursery and the dr did the process and I was done. The pain was the same. I took motrin like I did with the other 2 C sections. I didnt notice anything different. I sat up that night in the chair and the next day they had me trying to walk a little the best that I could. Honestly it was a normal C pain, nothing extra. Best of luck❤