Did anyone get pregnant after a vasectomy?

Yes they grow back together, just like a women’s can…happens

My moms friend did. 16 years. He also accused her of an affair, but that wasn’t the case.

My brother in law had 2 back to back and my sister in law became pregnant. Third time was the charm.

It is possible. Especially if they weren’t cut and burned.

I know someone who had their tubes ride and hubby had a vasectomy and ended up pregnant. It’s possible tho rare

Pre menopause can make you feel pregnant also…

When I was in primary school a friends mum fell pregnant 12 years after a vasectomy

My best friend was conceived 15 years after her father had a vasectomy. Her parents got divorced because he was positive he’d been cheated on. A DNA test was done and he was shocked to know he’d fathered a baby after that long. Such a long shot but it definitely happens

1 Like

Yep it can. Go and see if your pregnant then have him go and double checck.

Not sure about vasectomy but when I had my youngest another person was in emergency surgery for HOURS because she had her tubes tied then ended up getting pregnant

Yep, I did. One side had fused back together.

Yes its very possible and happened to me last year, he had his vesectomy 15 years prior and i was beyond shocked and never once unfaithful. She looks just like his other girls and him and he loves he so deeply. He was wondering when he first found out… but he knew deep down always, that she was his​:sparkling_heart: shes a beautiful miracle!!:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It’s rare, but possible.

Happened to my coworker. Her husbands grew back together and they ended up with a baby, when their youngest was 18!

1 Like

Lauren Mullaley Ramirez lol

1 Like

My husband was born after his father had 2 vasectomies. His mom had a boy and girl so his dad got a vasectomy. Well…years later his brother was born…so he got another vasectomy…5 years after the second one…my husband was born. Dr. checked and still sperm…he was told that some men have a hidden sac.

2 Likes

Twice. 2 V’s, 2 babies.

1 Like

Only a few things 100% full hysterectomy, post menopause & being abstinent.

3 Likes

I am currently, and yes we waited to have unprotected sex until we got the all clear from his second test.
We were told if it was over a year since the initial surgery, the tubes likely grew back together. But since it wasn’t, and the surgery was still intact, my husband ended up having a third tube that started working after the other two stopped.
Since becoming pregnant, I have heard more stories about babies born years after vasectomies and tubal litigations.

1 Like

My aunt had her tubes tied and uncle had vacestomy after there 3rd son… 11 years after he was born my aunt and uncle had another son. Dr said it can happen years later.

Kaitlyn Meier crazy stories here!

Vasectomies can reverse on their own just like a tubal. It’s rare but it can and does happen. Ask him to get checked for fertility before you mention the possible pregnancy. Just say it’s been a long time and you’re just curious if it’s holding up💁‍♀️ then if he’s fertile let him know.

I did twice, and he has had it done three times, not a sure fix…

Definitely possible.
I’m in a large families group and it’s happened quite a few times to the couple’s in there.

Yup, I have a nephew that was born 8 years after his dad had a vasectomy, he went back to the doctor to find out he had 1% swimmers still. He had never followed up after the procedure to make sure it was at 0.

1 Like

Yes. I work with someone that it happened to.

Rare but possible. I’ve read things can grow back and get going again

Friends of the Family ( lived in the neighborhood ). The wife had a Tubal ligation and the Husband had a Vasectomy they already had 4 children. And guess what!!! Yep they had Twin Girls… Nothing is 100% guaranteed! God has a plan and knows more and better than us. I never met anyone that wasn’t supposed to be here :family_man_woman_girl_boy:.

1 Like

I heard after the initial checks after a vasectomy, to get checked every 5 yrs.

1 Like

I got pregnant 2 years after my husband had his vasectomy!

I just saw this exact scenario on “I didn’t know I was pregnant”…the wife was having terrible stomach pains at work and after the ambulance got there, she delivered a baby on the stretcher. The husband’s doctor tested him after the surgery and husband was told that he was no longer able to conceive…well, baby DNA matched husband so I guess it’s still possible

Shareena Mosher…something to think about :thinking: kinda scary

Kelsey Bennett :scream: the comments! Make sure Tommy gets checked every 5 years

I just told my husband NO MORE SEX after reading this. I dont want anymore kids and I would be PISSED!

4 Likes

A know a guy who had one done and years later his wife got pregnant with twins that are HISb

I am actually proof it happens lol my dad had a vasectomy and I was born 12 years later and yes he is unfortunately my biological dad

2 Likes

My dad had one done and he never went to any follow up appointments. Couple years later, him and my ex step mom got pregnant with my half sister.

I’m terrified After a tubal ligation I’ll get pregnant again! My last one was hell. :frowning: had a PE and diabetes. Had a beautiful baby girl that was so worth every bit. But I’m not sure I’d live through another!

I got pregnant with my tubes tied after he had a vasectomy. Yes it’s totally possible. Our son is 4 now.

3 Likes

It’s slim but possible.

It’s not 100% and he should know that…be honest with him and face it together, all the best

Yes. I got pregnant 4 years after. He had to go again as tests showed those little swimmers was very much active. Grew back again. Go do a test! I was so shocked and in denial I did 4 tests plus a blood test🤦‍♀️

1 Like

Its possible nothing is ever 100 %

Sounds like a nightmare to me, but I’ve heard of it before.

My so is fixed, I haven’t gotten pregnant, but it’s always a fear in the back of my mind. A woman I know has gotten pregnant twice and both times it failed for her husband, so in turn she ended up having to get fixed (and yes they were his :rofl: he had everything tested and it came back a fail for him)

This freaks me out guys! I’m D O N E having kids and have been pressuring hubs to do the snip.

I know someone that it happened to!

I knew a couple who had a vasectomy done after 8 boys.(they kept trying for a girl but then gave up.) Wife became pregnant (yes it was the husband’s . He had a check up and the surgery had failed). The only thing that saved the doctor from getting sued was that the 9th was their longed for daughter!

6 Likes

I had a great uncle and his wife get pregnant after he had been fixed for 10 yrs

It can and does happen, he needs to see a doctor to verify that he is still producing sperm…

It happens :woman_shrugging:t2: since it was done so long ago, I’m assuming you’re older so it’s entirely possible that you could just be pre-menopausal as well. :woman_shrugging:t2: See your doctor and find out for sure before freaking out. But honestly, the only way to 100% guarantee you never have babies is to remove your uterus. Tubes come untied, unclamped, heal etc. Vasectomies heal themselves. It all happens often enough.

3 Likes

I know a few people it has happened to

It’s still not 100%, just like women who get their tubes tied can become pregnant. Also, did he go back in for a check up?

2 Likes

Yea the tube can grow back together

1 Like

If that is the case get a DNA test before you tell him my obgyn told once he had a couple and both were fixed but got pregnant any way

Your husband needs to get a sperm check… I would want to know if my vasectomy didn’t keep. it’s not that hard to check for swimmers…

3 Likes

I did and my mother in law did, I even got pregnant after a tubal…

1 Like

Absolutely happens!!!
Are you sure tho as in you have already tested.
Because I’d make :100: sure before I told him.

The chance of pregnancy goes up with every year post-surgery.

1 Like

It’s happened. Years ago one of my friends parents ended up with kid number 3, 2-3 years after hubby got the snip. It’s rare, but possible.

1 Like

It can reverse itself. My ex husband has a friend who has a third unexpected child after a vasectomy. They call him The Wizard Lol.

Growing up I had a friend whose mom got pregnant 15 years after her husband had a vasectomy. All of their children were grown and had small children of their own when the mom came up pregnant. The dad swore she had an affair but a DNA test proved otherwise. It was nuts. They owned a small video store business and everyone around town knew the story because everyone knew them. That was 21 years ago.

3 Likes

My friend did 7 yrs later they grew back together

Let him go for a sperm count x and yes it’s 100 % possible.

You can only know for sure after 10 years that the vasectomy worked.

My tubes were cut and burned! 2 years to the date…pregnant!
After my son was born and I had a partial hysterectomy they ran water through my tubes…no holes. Dr said the only question I have is do you know Jesus?

3 Likes

Yes, vasectomies don’t always take and it can happen just like a woman with her tubes tied. Also, their are always miracles that happen every day. Plus if you havent taken a tes, there is a number of things that can occur that can make you think you are pregnant. For example, a cyst can make your period late, light or not even come for a long time, it can also cause cramping etc. Take a test if you are find out forsure get facts about the vasectomy, that way when you sit your husband down and talk to him, hopefully, he want accuse you of being unfaithful

I know a couple who had 6 kids- all boys- before the dad decided to get snipped. They shortly found out they were pregnant with Baby #7- this time a girl. So yes. It is very possible.

2 Likes

My moms best friends both got fixed and ended up with twins! No infidelity

3 Likes

It has not happened to me, however ~ I have a coworker who has 7 kids. The husband had a vasectomy after baby # 4 got tested it worked. Wife ends up pregnant with baby # 5 tested husband it reversed itself. He had another vasectomy ~ tested again spent count was zero. Wife ends up pregnant ~ he gets checked it reversed AGAIN. Has it redone. Gets checked at 6 months out ~ it worked. Get checked at 12 months spent still at zero. 1 year AFTER THAT wife is pregnant. Husband gets checked it reversed again. No shit not joke. 3 vasectomies 3 new babies ~ same man, wife never cheated all babies were is. The good news? He’s a Pastor so they say “it’s what God wanted” he just had his 4 th vasectomy maybe it will work the 4th time

This is crazy but I do believe it can happen

Just take a test before u start stressing it.

I’ve heard of it happen to people I know and they done the test and the husband and found out it hadn’t been :100: percent successful.

I have a son who.is now 43 his dad had one 7yrs before we were married suprise

I would ask, did he have his sperm/liquid tested when he was suppose to afterwards??? I have never heard of this, A woman with a tubal, yes but rare, but still can happen But I guess it could happen with a man, which is VERY, VERY rare.

My aunt did. That was early after it was done, so the sperm was still running around.

Yes… I know of two ladies that became pregnant years after their husbands had vasectomies

I worked with a guy a long time ago who had a vascectomy and got his girlfriend pregnant. The dna test said it was his too. It can happen.

shouldn;t mess around

2 Likes

I did!!! Baby #4 is a vasectomy baby. It’s really more common than you think.

While it could be pregnancy it could also be menopause…i didnt look at age but most symptoms are and can be the same symptoms for something else.

1 Like

It can happen. My sister had her tubes tied and she got pregnant.
My friends husband was fixed and after 3 years his wife got pregnant with twin girls.

It really isn’t that rare… the human body is amazing…

My mum got pregnant 13 years after her partner was done and she had her tubes tied so not uncommon

There are two kinds. One where they remove the entire tube and the other they just ship. The tube removal is like 100%

It’s actually more common than you think.

Yes! Did he go back and have tests to make sure his vasectomy worked completely. My cousin’s husband did not…then she thought she had the flu and she was pregnant. (Only like 2 years after his vasectomy) The doctor said it is more common than people think.

Take a test and make sure first of all tho because it could also be the start of menopause.

Yes my son in law got his wife pregnant after he had one found out he had 3 balls had to have it again but they also got kid number 4 lol

Possible, rare, but possible. Did they burn or cut?

1 Like

Absolutely happens!!

1 Like

I would think u would do a pregnancy test first to know…:thinking:

1 Like

I mean would your husband really question your faithfulness?? That seems like a poor relationship if so…

1 Like

Well they need to go back and make sure that it took sometimes it doesn’t I hear I was the one that had a tubal and I had mine check to make sure that mine took

If you know your husband will accuse you of infidelity, I think that’s the problem you should focus on at this point, before you bring your new child into the world.
Babies are a blessing.

1 Like

Tell him to go get checked … that will answer his own question be sure to go with him … it can happen to women as well

Sometimes the man has a third tube unknown and unseen during a vasectomy. The wife ended up pregnant. He needs to be checked now! Then you will have some answers.

My uncle had a vasectomy and 8 years later they had a surprise baby, at first he was in denial and demanded a test done… and yeah it was his…

1 Like

on tiktok there was a video aboit birth control amd a SHIT LOAD of people had it happen… Just like getting you tubes tied and it comming lose, A mans vasectomy can actually heal back to normal.

Vasectomies are not 100% effective

Yes, it’s possible. Sometimes it can come undone or they have more than one vas deferens that was not detected when performed. Did he go for his check up after he had the prosecute to make sure the procedure took?