Did anyone get pregnant after a vasectomy?

Yep, not me personally but a good friend of mine is a vasectomy baby

vasectomy can reverse themselves so it’s very possible you could be pregnant

I knew a woman who conceived TWINS after years of her hubs having a vasectomy

Could it be possible that you are not pregnant but perhaps starting into menopause ?

Think you’re pregnant? Did you take a test?

9 Likes

It happens if the vasectomy wasn’t done right but I would make sure you are first!

2 Likes

This might not even be relevant just do a bloody test :joy::+1:t3:

16 Likes

The very same thing happen to my brother except it was 12 years after he got his. Its possible!

2 Likes

take a dang test before even freaking out

12 Likes

Yes it is possible but very rare to reconnect

3 Likes

My husbands dad had a vasectomy 20+ years ago and he just had a baby last year. It is possible for it to reverse itself after so long

5 Likes

He needs to have a semen analysis. If a large enough section of the Vas deferens is not removed, it can grow back together…

7 Likes

Its possible! My friends mom got pregnant 16 years after her husband has one the tubes can grow back just like a womans tubes can come untied

3 Likes

its possible. get a blood test done

I haven’t personally been through it. But I do know someone who got pregnant after her husband had a vasectomy. Baby is 100% his.

A co worker got pregnant after her husband had one after 15 years so it’s possible

1 Like

My cousin knocked his wife up after having a vasectomy. It is possible for this to occur even years after.

Go to the store and buy a test.

My dad got one and I have a little brother. So yes it does happen and more offten then most people think.

Yes I know someone that had that happen.

If you are and he doesn’t believe you he can always take a paternity test.:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why not take a test first before worrying about something that may not even be true

8 Likes

My sister had two with a man with a vacestomy

A vasectomy patient is actually required to have a sperm test every 3 years because the tubes can definitely grow back together.
I accompanied one of my ex boyfriends(With whom I have no kids with) when he had one and i read over the take home information packet, which I assume your man has NOT read🤷🏼‍♀️

We broke up up 13 years ago and he has a 9 and a 6 year old now.

This happend to one of my friends. He had his for years and years. Sure enough comes baby #4. She got her tubes tied and even with his vasectomy came baby #5.

3 Likes

It can and does happen!

A vasectomy isnt a garuntee and it goes down every year after that its effective so it is most definitely possible

1 Like

My uncle got one cuz their first son came out with genetic disorders n passed shortly after. Then my aunt ended up have 2 kids by him after

:raising_hand_woman: my husband had a vasectomy for almost 10 years and we got pregnant! Everyone questioned me! Luckily, he did not.

8 Likes

Nothing is impossible. Although it’s extremely rare, it could happen. If he feels that you were unfaithful, insist on a paternity test & prove him wrong!

3 Likes

My husband got a vasectomy 5 years ago and since my IUD came out 2 years ago, this is my nightmare. I think it’s extremely rare but I imagine it depends on how well the procedure was done. I hope things turn out okay for you!

3 Likes

They can reverse themselves Yes.

1 Like

Yes its possible. Especially if they didn’t go back to see if it actually worked.

2 Likes

My mom had a friend who had her tubes tied, she got pregnant with a baby after. So her husband got a vasectomy and the doctor assured her it wouldn’t happen again, it did. Yes, they’re all his.

7 Likes

Have him tested. That’s the only way to find out if it reversed. Call the urologist or any urologist and get an appt to check his semen. Good luck. This is my biggest fear. We have 5 kids and my husband got fixed the same day the last baby was circumcised and I was like “I’m still getting my tubes tied” and everyone thought I was crazy but it’s because that’s my biggest fear. There is no way I can carry another baby now that I’m 30

Nikaelah Zepeda watch out!

An old coworker of mine and his wife did. They found his surgery failed after 10yrs. It’s not unheard of.

2 Likes

Also, there is no 100% effective way of preventing pregnancy, whether it be a tubal ligation, vasectomy, male/female birth control. The only 100% effective pregnancy prevention is celibacy.

7 Likes

No. You have some explaining to do

9 Likes

I know a man who had one and his wife got pregnant a couple years later… DNA proved the child was his!

1 Like

My Husband got a vasectomy before we even got together. He is the one who told me I was pregnant, and he was right lol.
I couldn’t believe lol.
No I was never unfaithful, and he never doubted me.
Tell your hubs it is absolutely possible.
Congratulations!

5 Likes

Me! Send him to get re-tested and it will show things grew back together!!!

2 Likes

Thanksgiving then Christmas, let’s hope it’s just tacos

8 Likes

If he tells you he dont believe you, have a DNA test done to prove it.

Yes 8 months after we got a clear test.

Take a test first make sure your actually pregnant…

2 Likes

They are less effective as time goes by. Also if he never did the test to make sure he was shooting complete blanks he may not have a full vasectomy.

1 Like

Yes it’s possible. I work at an ob/gyn clinic and we had 3 vasectomy babies in our clinic this year!

5 Likes

I was told the man has to masturbate alot because their is active sperm still in there lol. This coming from a man who had a child after a vasectomy.

1 Like

Tiffany Aschoff-Rice this is comforting! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I heard that it only last 7 years but then it could be just a another story someone’s telling

I know someone who got her tubes tied, the husband had a vasectomy, and she still got pregnant again. Things do happen. When it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.

7 Likes

My bio dad had one and then my mom got pregnant with my sister and me. Totally possible. I’d test.

Its only “good” for 10 years

Did he ever go back to get checked to make sure the vasectomy worked? I know they need to be checked a certain number of times to be sure the procedure was 100% successful.

13 years oh fuck no I guess they didn’t tell you that they grow back should of got the check up

Yes it’s possible… know someone who got pregnant twice afterwards.

Sometimes it can naturally regrow the snipped areas. Same as tied tubes, they may just grow back

A vasectomy isn’t 100% especially if he had one 13 years ago! Now days after the surgery the man will go back in and check sperm count and if they need they will go in and redo it. And if he wants to be an ass get a dna test to prove the asshole wrong.

Not me but a really good friend of ours had a surprise after 11 years. There is a reason that it’s suggested that sperm count be tested yearly

1 Like

It could be possible for three reasons. Had sex too early. The vasectomy didnt work. Or recanalization, practically a vasectomy reversal done by itself. I just did the research.

It is very possible. I also work for an obgyn

It’s not 100% only not having sex is. Lol

I am a post- vasectomy baby!

1 Like

Are you sure you are not in menopause?

My husband’s uncle had a vasectomy and still fathered two more kids

Yes my frinds husband just had to have a second vasectomy after their second girl

It definitely happens…

My youngest cousin was born this way. Talk to your doctor and work with him to get the facts before trying to explain to your husband

1 Like

I’ve got a cousin who’s a product of tied tubes and a vasectomy 10 years prior. Lol

My friends husband had one done and didn’t go back for a check in afterwards to make sure it worked and she fell pregnant again. He got angry took a paternity test and found out it was his… He went and got it fixed and definitely went to the check in after the procedure to make sure his swimmers weren’t swimming upstream.

My cousin did. Though that was due to not “clearing himself out” appropriately or efficiently lmao

Candice J Kittycat #thereishopeyet

Yes the only way not to is if you get your uterus taken out

I know a couple it happened to.

It’s very possible. My sister is a post tubal baby. Things happen.

Yes its possible! Also I NEED to know the outcome to this.

8 Likes

my little girl was conceived 14 years and 3 months after my husbands vasectomy. I even did a DNA test to prove it to his family. 99.9999999999%.

3 Likes

Men are supposed to follow up yearly for a Sperm analysis, it’s totally possible… especially if he’s not following up. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That happened to my aunt.

1 Like

Your body had the ability to heal itself. Tubes can heal from tying with men and women. Especially if it’s been 13 years

My husband had one 21 yrs ago but they cut and burnt the tubes so they couldnt rejoin, if they were just clamped it can come undone

1 Like

Your husband probably signed a paper saying he wouldn’t sue if the vasectomy failed🤷‍♀️

With how many stories just in these comments I’m really doubting the ones saying it’s “extremely rare” lol

9 Likes

I know alot of people that got pregnant

It’s very possible! Which is why I said “screw it” to him getting a vasectomy and I got a Tubal Ligation instead which is where they took out both of my entire fallopian tube‘s. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Piss on a stick???

6 Likes

After 13 year it’s highly unlikely, but anything’s possible.

Yes that is why they recommend men having their sperm count test every 5 years after vasectomy.

Friend of mine, well… a female… had her tubes tied for 20+ years then she got pregnant, which ended in a miscarriage …but I have heard of failed vasectomy stories

I know someone that this happened to

Fiance said he’s going to to get one after we have a kid…i told him it won’t be necessary because I’m going to have a hysterectomy and he’s like you’ll still likely get pregnant and I said there’s no way because I’m having a Full Hysterectomy. Dr even suggested it due to endometriosis and ovarian cysts.

Happened to a friend of mine… and than she got pregnant AFTER having her tubes tied for 5 yrs… and they checked… still tied… if it’s meant to be… it will be!!

5 Likes

It happened to a lady I knew a few years ago! Their youngest was 15 yrs old … her hubby demanded a paternity test - proved he was the daddy!

1 Like

My mom did when I was younger. She had a miscarriage due to her health issues.

Sometimes, a vasectomy can come undone.

1 Like

My friend got pregnant twice after hers had a vasectomy!

After 5 yrs if it being done the Male is suppose to get sperm check done on a yearly basis as the body does heal it’s self

4 Likes

Its possible it comes undone. I saw it on a court show lol

2 Likes

It’s not as rare as it’s made to believe. Definitely possible. Take a test.

2 Likes