Did anyone have a small baby after they were told they were going to be big?

Has anyone had a weight/anatomy ultrasound around 28/29 weeks and had results of their baby being in the 86 percentile or more for size & gestational age that ended up having a smaller or average size baby? Doctors guess around another eight or 9-pound baby again for me, but I’m praying they may be wrong since ultrasounds can be +/- 3 weeks off with measurements. Obviously, I want this girl to be healthy, but I’d also like for a smaller baby to come outta me this time. I just want to hear your stories and experiences!

1 Like

Yes. He was only 6 lbs after they told me he was basically baby shaq

1 Like

Yes. Doc said 8-9pounds he was 6.5

1 Like

They said she would be at least 10 pounds scheduled c section and she was only 7.3

1 Like

I was 7 months along and they told me with my oldest that she already weighed over 10 lbs and to expect a c section. She came out at 41 weeks 6 lbs and 5 ozs

My sister was told her son was gonna be 9 lbs. He was only 6 pounds. Lol! Can’t always go off what they tell you. Mine was on the money. She guessed 8lbs 7oz. He was 8lbs. 11oz.

I was told my son was 10 plus pounds and he weighed exactly 7 pounds. 9 years later they said my daughter was 8-9 lbs and sge was 6.6

Was told that my son was gonna be a 7 pounder was 8 lbs 8 oz

Was told 7.5 ish , she was 10 lbs.

I got told I would have an average size baby. But my son came out 10.02 for the weight and 22.5 inches tall. I am only 5’4, so I am sure you can imagine how that was.

Yes… Its not accurate…

My youngest was expected to be 10+ due to gestational diabetes she weighed 7’15 at birth.

Nichole Distrito Dela Pena rehus skun hmbl sa ultrasound daku. pag gwa ya. gamay lg sa

I was told that every one of my babies were going to be a pound more then they were.

They told me my baby was gonna be 10 lbs and I was HUGE. But she ended up being 6lbs 13 oz. She’s 6 months and is now 17 lbs. Lol

I was told my son would be 8+ pounds and he was only 6 pounds!

Was told my baby would be 10lbs and she was 5lbs 2oz lol

For me my doctor guessed close. He said his guess was 5 lbs 8oz, and my son was 6 lb 2.3 oz

1 Like

34 week scan had baby at almost 6lbs, delivered at 38 weeks. He was 8.3lbs

1 Like

Yes! I went for a growth scan at 32 weeks & was told my son was measuring in the 84% tile & then I went again at 36 weeks & he was in the 93% tile measuring 7lbs 8oz … I had him at 38 weeks & he was 7lbs 4oz !!

1 Like

I was told i would have an 8-8.5 lb baby, she was 6 lbs exact

1 Like

I had gestational diabetes the first time. They did Ulta sounds everyweek to make sure he wasn’t getting to big. When he was born he was a 8lb baby. With my daughter they said she was behind on the growth chart. She was a almost 10 lb baby…

1 Like

Yepp. The day I was induced with my daughter, that morning they did a scan & said she was going to be between 8-9lbs (& It seemed believable seeing as I was huge with her)… She ended up only being 6lbs 11oz.

1 Like

I was told by a doc at 35 weeks that my daughter was already over 8 and a half pounds. To expect at least a 10 pounder. This doc swore she had never been more than a couple ounces off. At 38 weeks it looked like she was almost 10. She was born at 40 weeks at 8 pounds 4 ounces. Lol it’s such a guess

1 Like

They measured my daughter via ultrasound and told me she was over 10 pounds. She was born that same day (natural labor) she was 7.13

1 Like

They guessed my second was going to be huge but he came 4 weeks early at 6.10lbs. I mean he still could have been big but not as big as they were guessing I think lol

1 Like

They told me my first son was a 9 pound he was born a week later at 7.11 pounds. My youngest son they said 8.5 to 9 pounds he was born at 6.5 pounds. I’m 30 weeks with my 3rd they are saying it’s a small baby (within the 2 week mark) this time but I don’t really put to much into the estimations when it comes to weight anymore.

1 Like

I’m glad I reread that because at first I read it as “smaller than average” and was mildly horrified. Smaller OR average. Lol. Ok.

My friend was told her whole pregnancy her baby was going to be huge (doctor kept telling her likely 9 or 10lbs) and he was only in the 7lbs range, if I remember correctly. I don’t recall having the doctor really comment anything about either of my baby’s sizes while I was pregnant except to tell me they looked good so I can’t really give my own personal experiences

1 Like

Was told big, came 3 wks early thankfully, 8lb 10 with 91st percentile head

1 Like

Yes! I was told my son was already almost 8lbs at 36 weeks 4 days. He was born at exactly 37 weeks and weighed 6 lbs 2 ounces. Waaaaaay off!

1 Like

Yes my mom my with 5th baby they said she was upper 8lbs so they induced my mom at 37 weeks baby was 6lb thank god no issues just alot smaller than ultrasound. Mine I was told at 36 weeks was just over 5lb. I went into labor at 36weeks5days she was 7lb 12oz. So neither doctors were right on either baby. Granted this was 21 and 18 yrs ago

1 Like

My son was 90% percentile, an they got that measurement For Every growth scan, I was told I was going to have a big baby. … I had him at 37 weeks (my water broke) an he was 7.3 pounds.

1 Like

They kept telling me mine was measuring “normal” like 7.5. When she came out she was 9lbs 10ozs. Lol. I don’t believe them. :rofl:

1 Like

They are usually accurate

1 Like

My doc said over 9 lbs on my boy, he was 6 lbs 15 oz

2 Likes

I think I this happens all the time. My girlfriend was told she was having a 8lb baby and had a 6lb baby, I was told i was having a 7lb baby and had an almost 9lb baby…the doctors told me the second baby is usually same size or bigger though.

1 Like

Yes! At 38 weeks I was measuring 41 weeks and based off of the ultrasound my daughter was 8 pounds, 15 ounces. We decided to schedule a c-section based off her estimated size and my small pelvis. When she was born at 39 weeks she only weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces. Ultrasounds can be off a pound or so either way.

1 Like

I was told my baby was larger then she should be. She came out 7 lbs 10 oz so slightly big, but still pretty small she was tall though

1 Like

I was told at 39 weeks i would probably have a 6 to 7lb baby…they induced me at 39 weeks and he was 9lbs!!

1 Like

At my 38 week ultrasound they measured my son at 7 and a half pounds. He was born at 40w4d at 6lbs 13oz.

1 Like

I was told mine would be big because of being diabetic. My two oldest were 6 lbs and my youngest was 5 lbs.

1 Like

I was told 10 pounds and at 39 weeks she was born 5 pounds 7 oz

1 Like

They said my baby was almost 9lbs… I went in that night and had her the next day… she was 7lbs and some change…smallest baby I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Second baby tends to be bigger then your first… but not always

1 Like

I was told I was having a 10-12 pound baby. She came at 8lbs 9.25oz

1 Like

I was told my third baby was going to be big. I had GD for the first time too. I delivered at 39 weeks exactly and she was barely 8lbs.

With my second, they guessed her to be around 8lbs 8oz. When i had her she was 8lbs 4.9oz. So pretty close.

My first was tiny. He was 7lbs 3oz.

1 Like

My whole pregnancy they told me my son would be 9+ pounds based on scans and dad/mom birthweight. Both of us were huge. He measured huge every single time.

He came out 7 lbs 10 oz… :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I did. I was all water. They even did a couple extra sonos cause I was so big. He weighed 5 lbs 13 oz.

1 Like

my dr told me my kids ate gonna be small but they were 9 pound ,8 pound 6oz and 9 pound 1oz and 8pound 9 oz

1 Like

At 39 weeks told she would be between 7-8 lbs, she was 5 lbs 15oz

1 Like

I measured 46 weeks at 40 weeks. :joy: She was 9lbs 3oz and came at 41 weeks. Her U/S had her at well over 10lbs.

1 Like

For my 1st daughter they told me she will weight 9lb :unamused: she’s was only 6lb 1 oz so don’t be alarmed

1 Like

I was told my daughter was going to be over 9 lbs and she was 6 lbs 13 oz

1 Like

My son was supposed to be 8-9 pounds. 6lbs 12oz he was born. Much smaller than anticipated.

1 Like

I was told 8to9lbs and she was just under 7lbs

1 Like

I was told to expect my oldest to be 9/10 lbs. he came out at 6 lbs 4oz.

1 Like

I was told my son was already over 8 lbs at 38 weeks. He ended up being born three days later and was 7lb 5oz

1 Like

I had a growth ultrasound at 36 weeks for my 4th boy, they said he was 7lbs and would gain half a lb a week til birth and he came out 9lbs 2.3 oz so it was pretty spot on for me

1 Like

I was told that because I had gestational diabetes, my daughter was going to be big. Even after several ultrasounds, they told me I was going to have a large baby. Out she came…all 6lbs 6 oz of her!!

1 Like

Mine was pretty accurate. 36 ultrasound, said he was 5.5lbs, that night I had an emergency c section and he was 4lbs 9ozs

1 Like

At my 28 week scan I was told she was 3+ weeks ahead they said she was already weighing almost 4lbs and he actually has changed my due date now. she is in the 95+ percentile and was told if I actually carried to term she could be 12lbs so I’m being induced 3 weeks early now… definitely follow this post now

1 Like

My first two (boys) were 8.4# and 9.4#. Doc told me I needed to think about a c-section because third baby would be even bigger. I told him no way I’m having a c-section, none of the women in my family have ever needed one. They did an ultrasound around 32 weeks and said I should be OK she looked to be about 7.5#. I had my daughter at 38 weeks and she was 6 lbs 6oz.

1 Like

I was told my daughter would be about 8-9 pounds. She was only 7’5. Those are not always accurate.

1 Like

My babies have all been around where they thought they would be. My 1st was 7lb4, 2nd was 9lb and 3rd was 7lb14. They’re expecting this one to be around 8lb4 if born on due date. Don’t worry about big babies. My 9lb-er was the easier to deliver by far. Gravity really is your friend during labour! Just stay upright and trust your body. You got this x

1 Like

I was told my baby was in the 10th percentile amd had gained 3 lbs by delivery date in 3 weeks, and had a 7lb 10 oz baby…they grow pretty fast at then end !!

1 Like

They told me my daughter might weigh 5 pounds at birth. I was scrambling to find smaller clothes for her. She came out 7lbs 1 oz. I would never relay on those scans

1 Like

I was told the entire time my girl was measuring larger, and I had her at 37 weeks 4 days due to gestational hypertension and she weighed 7lbs15oz

1 Like

They guessed mine to be around 12 pounds at birth and she was only 8. She always measured above 90th percentile and 4 weeks ahead of schedule.

1 Like

I’ve had those scans be wrong in both directions. 1 son was estimated at 8 lbs & weighed 9 lbs 4 oz at 39 weeks. Second son was estimated at 10 lbs 4 oz the day of 38 week induction, he only weighed 9 lbs 8 oz.

1 Like

Remember you only need an extra 300 calories a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was told I would but 3 of my kids were 6 lbs 13 oz and my last was 7 lbs 13 oz

1 Like

Yeah they said she was way bigger than she actually was

1 Like

I was told I would have a 10+ pound boy I started freaking out but when he came out he was 6 pounds 10oz. So don’t rely on that at all cuz with my daughter it happened again saying she is will be 8 to 12 pounds and she was 6 pounds.

1 Like

At 36 weeks my son was measuring in the 80th percentile. My son was born in the 3rd percentile. Hes now 3.5 and is in the 95% hes reached 40 lbs and 40 inches

1 Like

I was told my baby was over 6 lbs and she was 4.11

1 Like

My doctor told me my daughter was weighing almost 7lbs but she came out at 5lbs 12.8oz.

1 Like

They told me my daughter was around 7.5lb and she came out 6.7lbs

1 Like

On my daughter which she’s my only the doctor said she would be 11 lbs when born cause my sister and I were both 9 lb babies my daughter came out to be 6# 8 oz and her head measured off the chart the whole time when she was little she’s now 13 1/2 yrs old and 5’6 and I’m 5’7 and she weighs maybe 130

1 Like

We were told at 37 weeks our son was 8lb 3oz. He was born at 39 weeks at exactly that weight. I’m assuming he grew in those last 2 weeks so his estimate must have been off.

1 Like

They told me my son would be 10-11 lbs… he came out 7lb 15oz … 2nd son they also said would be 10+ and he was 8lb 13oz (he was my 4th baby though) and biggest by a pound

1 Like

I was told she would be 8lb 9oz and she weighed 7lb 14oz

1 Like

Hoping for the same lol. Mine were 9 lbs 11oz and 9 lbs 1oz. This one looks to be heading the same way.

1 Like

My little boy was said to be around 7-8 pound I had a scan while I was in labour with him and he only came out at 5lb 14 x

1 Like

My ultrasound was actually spot on

1 Like

I was old my baby was gonna be 8 Ibs and she was only 6Ibs 14 inches

1 Like

Yes I was told at 38 weeks I was carry a 8lb 4 baby… she was 4 weeks later and weighed a tiny 5lb 12 oz x

1 Like

My oldest son and nephew were due within a couple months of each other. I was told I was going to have a 9-10lbs baby and my sister was told she was going to have a 6-7lbs baby. Well…I have a 6lb 10oz baby and she had a 10lb 2oz baby! We had different doctors and they were both wrong🤷‍♀️

1 Like

My third baby was my smallest… 8.6 pounds… my second was a 10# girl and my first and. Fourth were 9.2 pounds… all four of mine were C sections

1 Like

My first was apparently all water born at 9lb 8 1/2 oz and my youngest supposed to be over 10lb was 8lb 3 1/2 oz. They well got that wrong xx

1 Like

I had a baby that was bigger than they predicted! I was told she would barely be 7lbs when she was born! She was 7lbs 7oz!

1 Like

Had my son on his due date they thought he’d be high 9s but he came out 6.7lbs with a huge head. :joy::joy:

1 Like

They were predicting my son (2nd baby) was going to be in between 9-10 lbs if I hit 40 weeks. He was 8 9.9 at 39 weeks 1 day when he was delivered via caesarean.

1 Like

Currently 33 weeks pregnant and was told my daughter is in the 80th percentile being 5.3 lbs.

1 Like

First one 9 lbs 4oz
Second 9 lbs 8oz.

1 Like

My first I was told was going to be at least 9.5lbs. Came out 5lb.2My second was told 6-7 lbs and was born less than 5lbs. Mind you I’m a big girl at 6’1 and around 200 pounds when I was pregnant. I always measured big and they were always balled up making them look bigger than they were. With my oldest she was breech and my water broke when I was in the shower one morning. I went to my 36w apt and her feet were between my legs. Had to have an emergency c section because they thought she was so big when she was born I was pissed thinking I could have pulled her out myself with her being so small lol

I was told my first was 7lbs. She came out 8lbs 15 oz.

They told me my last baby was huge and very long arms. That he was going to be 9 pounds or more. He was 7lb 13oz but born a little before being full term because I was in so much distress. Now he is almost 4 months and on 93% growth he is huuuuge. So I guess the ultrasounds are kinda accurate about sizing maybe not when they are born but they can tell baby will be bigger than average.

I was induced early for what they thought was a 10-11lb baby… he ended up only being 6lb14oz

Opposite for my. Doc said my daughter would be 6-7ibs she was 9.5

Yeah told she was going to be one big baby she weighed six and one half pounds