Did I do the right thing?

Why tell her after 11 years ? He made it plain he wanted no role in your sons life and you accepted that. I honestly see no point in telling her after all this time.
The right time would have been 11 years ago when your child was born and you were seeking support from the father.
Only other reason would have been medical history or medical emergency he was needed to deal with .

12 Likes

God bless you your child will be a blessing.

4 Likes

Didn’t know he was married or had kids? I don’t buy that. My Mother tried saying the same thing to me but she knew my sperm donor was married with kids just as I am sure you did!

He needs to man up and care for that child

5 Likes

Maybe if the whole thing was read people would see she didn’t know this prick was married, and she tried for 11 years to get said prick, and his asshole family, to acknowledge her son. Oh and that he has SOMEONE else show up for DNA. It happens more than people realize. Damn.

For everyone asking “why wait so long” for all we know the woman was doing perfectly fine taking care of the child herself and didn’t want to bother, maybe gained some issues with her health and needs help now and didn’t wanna take it through court, which I think would be worse for the wife to be dragged through. Or maybe the kid is asking about who the dad is/ if they can meet him?

15 Likes

So question I have is why did u wait so long but at the same point in time this is the shittiest of situations to be in. For all of those criticizing her for reaching out to the wife now, leave her be. Coming from someone who has a half sibling and found out 11 years later that he was not fully my brother let me tell you something. No matter when you hear this news it is devastating. But it’s very real n it isn’t the mistresses child’s fault. They deserve to know. So despite how long it took, the truth needed to come out.

5 Likes

Not understanding. If it was all for him (your son) why wait so long? You could have gotten him for child support. You didn’t have to have a woman to woman talk with the wife.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why people are so disapproving of you reaching out. Yes, 11 years is a long time. That doesn’t change the fact that your son deserves (at the very least) financial support from his father and hopefully a full on relationship with that side of the family. It doesn’t change the fact that he cheated on his wife, and she deserves to know. Pure intentions or not, what’s done in the dark always comes to light.

7 Likes

You waited 11 years to this ?
Smh. Want a thank you for waiting so long.
So why now. You chosen to raise him alone. Now just flip there life’s. Ugh.

3 Likes

I feel like theres more to this. Why wait 11 years?? In that time you havent had somone else in your life that has stepped in for that role? Feel like you should have just accepted it if u didnt say somthing for that long and the have the kid reach out to him when he wants. Also i never knew my dad and reached out to him as an adult and he wantes nothing to do with me. You should have done it right away.

9 Likes

Q: Have ANY of you been in this ladies situation at all?? Didn’t think so not by the comments on this page wrong place to put this up on….

8 Likes

Is his name Femi Oladinni…

I think after 11 years you should have left that up to your child to reach out when/if they’re able and want to.
i also feel bad for your son. what a confusing time for him

13 Likes

11yrs later or 1yr later, you did the right thing. It’s not your fault at all he did not tell her. He needed to be reminded that he has a son. The victims here are you, your son n his wife. So for all the ones trying to guilt trip you, remember… Cast the first stone if you are free of sin. I’m sure just like me n you they are all full of sin. So no worries at all. Hopefully your baby boy gets to catch up with his siblings. His father needs to be put on child support. As for the wife, with gods grace she will be ok as you will.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t have told her. Why did she need to know?

6 Likes

My guess for everyone asking why she waited so long…the kid probably started asking questions. You can only keep a secret for so long

17 Likes

Maybe her son asked who his dad is and wanted to see if he wanted to be part of his life :woman_shrugging: why always think she has flipped she maybe helping her son reach out to his father

3 Likes

Maybe he’s asking for his dad…
These comments scream Unhealed…
It’s about the child…
NOT THE MOM …

16 Likes

Isn’t that what you wanted. You choose to reach after 11 years of doing on your own. Why now? Congratulations. Would you have felt better if she was nasty and mean about?

9 Likes

You are definitely a trouble maker get a life

7 Likes

You did the right thing by telling his wife but you shouldn’t of waited 11 year’s only you know why it took 11 year’s to come out. I hope you and his wife and him sit down and talk about everything that was in the dark to come to light because that marriage was ruined when he stepped out of it and cheated and not telling you he was married and had a family. Your son has the right to know his siblings but those siblings might resent him which will do more damage. If i was you i would of said something when your son was a baby so his wife and children would have an chance to come around and get to know him. It’s NEVER to late to get to know a child. Everything can be fix by the grace of GOD. Only GOD can JUDGE all of US, So don’t worry about ppl judging you because they are nobody…

7 Likes

Why after 11 years???

6 Likes

Why do people still use the phrase “why wait so long”?

Sometimes it takes time to heal and process things. She was a victim herself. Her world was also flipped upside down 11 years ago.

The better question is why has he still not told his wife? That blame should be on him, not her.

33 Likes

Why did you wait 11 years? You should’ve told her as SOON as you found out. They probably aren’t going to be able to move past this and if he’s wanted absolutely nothing to do with you or your child for 11 years he’s not going to come around now just because you told his wife.

5 Likes

i can’t believe you thought he was going to tell his wife!!!

4 Likes

Wasn’t your place to tell his wife … you can’t make your sons father be in his life !!

12 Likes

For the ones who said why wait and are basically bashing her, maybe the son started to finally question it and wants to try to know him or maybe health issues arose and she needs to contact him about it to find out family medical history.

Good lord, why do women bash other women so much???

22 Likes

You slept with him… not her. How would you have handled it if he didn’t have a wife? There are men without wives that are not active in their child’s life… If you wanted financial support then you can seek child support. Last resort for your son? I’m not sure I understand what that means?

5 Likes

He knew he was wrong when he sent someone else to find out the baby was his. 11 years old,that boy deserves to know his father… If that father wants nothing to do with him, regardless you must go for child support. He deserves to have siblings,too. This is all an unfair situation for you both. ((hugs))

5 Likes

I think you are cruel

7 Likes

You chose to raise him alone. Why wait 11 whole years. You knew what you were doing. You shouldn’t have told her. Young should have waited until your son turned 18 an made that choice. He clearly didn’t want anything to do with your son. Yes granted he’s a piece of shit, you also knew that and now the resentment he had for your son probably amplified x10,000. I feel sorry for all the kids involved in this. What you did was wrong and yes I have been in this situation. My brothers mom never told my brother who his dad was despite my dad reaching out. My brother made the choice to reach out when he was 18.

This is terrible of you you should’ve done it 11 years ago or not at all …way to ruin a family …Not the actions by what you did but by the way you handled it. Puts a bad name to woman. It was his story to tell whether he chose to or not you can’t force him in a kids life but you may have just made it more complicated knowing someone will be rejected….”I chose to raise the child on my own”

11 Likes

Don’t feel bad! But you should have told sooner cuz I would have definitely wanted to know sooner if I were the wife !!

5 Likes

He hasn’t been helping you with finances?

2 Likes

Can’t get behind someone ruining lives over child support.

7 Likes

The cheater typically never wants that info out, hence why he sent his friend in for the dna test.

2 Likes

I think these stories are made up. There’s no way a woman would wait 11 years to tell someone’s wife “your husband is my baby daddy.” Most women would have told the wife before the baby was even born.

7 Likes

You were right to do what you did. Your your sons best advocate and you needed to do right by him. Sure it took some time but I presume your son was asking questions. I hope he gets to know his siblings and they get along. I think he is better off not knowing his dad if that’s the way he treats him. But you deserve child support and he deserves answers from his father.

3 Likes

He ruined his family when he slept with her. Not vice versa. She didn’t know he was married but he sure as hell did!

15 Likes

And you don’t feel horrible. We are all strangers…no point in trying to convince us of that. You got exactly what you wanted. To be known about. He still won’t want his son amd now that you’ve made this spectacle your son gets to know this out loud that his dad doesn’t want him.

3 Likes

So you cheated with a married man, got pregnant, and after 11 years decide to turn this woman’s life upside down? Why did you wait so long? In what universe did you think that he would have told his wife about a hook up that resulted in an unplanned pregnancy? You say he had a friend take a DNA test for him. Do you have any actual proof that he did that? Is it at all possible that you got pregnant by someone else? I would have demanded another paternity test before running to his wife after over a decade.

4 Likes

I think some of y’all are triggered. Smh!!
She did right and told! Maybe the son is wanting a relationship with the father and siblings.

18 Likes

Well its done,it should of been sooner however i can understand as a mother the hurt and protecting you’re child,im sure you have had an internal battle for 11yrs on how to handle it,and now that you’re child is 11 he understands more questions more,i can also understand carrying the burden of resentment for the father and his family but when the dust settles will it change anything for you’re child? Unfortunately it will probably play out with the wife believing him and the burden of proof is that dna test

3 Likes

I feel for your son. I was your son for 20 years.
U should have known he was never telling his wife. Was you being ‘nasty nice’. S m h.
I raised my son without my ex for 12 years. It was peaceful.

Some these comments just are not it. Anyways, you all three for the sake of y’all’s children sit down and discuss things like adults. :sparkling_heart: Best of luck love.

4 Likes

I get it to an extent…You wanted to just cut ties from a toxic situation and just raise the boy in peace…but it is never that simple…kids grow up and want to know more about their family and themselves and where they came from etc…The better thing would’ve been to have got it all out in the open back then…women need to look out for each other and not let them go married 11 more years to a cheater unknowingly…if you tell her and she decides to try and work things out that’s her choice but instead she went through 11 yrs of marriage not knowing her children had a sibling out there…and waiting caused a lot of additional shock and pain for not only her but her kids…turned their whole world upside down in a split moment…cheaters don’t usually come clean…so yes I think she should’ve got it out in the open right away…but should have done and what was done are two very different things…and I still do think the wife deserves to know…and the children from both mothers deserve to know they have a sibling and the choice to get to know them and not be cheated any further from that time with their sibling if they choose to have a relationship…

After waiting 11 yrs it was still important to let the cat out of the bag…better late than never

I do however question the whole DNA part…just seems odd to me…I HOPE the op is being honest about that bit…cause it just sounds a little fishy…but not inconceivable, so I won’t judge cause you never really know from the outside looking in

3 Likes

You’re horrible for ruining a family. You should have done it years ago or not at all…

8 Likes

She didn’t have to find out from you, those were your choices to get what you wanted

7 Likes

THESE COMMENTS ARE UNBELIEVABLE!! I applaud you for keeping this in for so long for whatever reason that is your business. You had the right to tell her. You’ve given him plenty of time. I’m sorry you had to take it into your own hands. It’s not your fault. Woman to woman, she deserved the truth and he deserves the karma that will come along.

27 Likes

Wait wait wait you wait 11 years but why???

5 Likes

I think you did the right thing. Maybe waited a little long. But its important for your child to know their siblings

6 Likes

I think you did the right thing by telling her regardless of how long it took. If I was the wife I would want to know how my husband cheated on me and had a kid out there he refuses to raise because he doesn’t want me to find out which shows that’s not the kind of man I want and children should know their other siblings if they ever decide they want to have a relationship with them. Yes you may feel like crap and it took 11 yrs but at least the truth is out now. I have a friend in the same situation and the wife doesn’t know her husband has a 2yr old and I wish my friend would tell her already just so she is aware we feel as though we are helping when he keep this information but all it really does it hurt the child involved because the man gets to choose which children he wants to take care of while the man gets off free with no consequences to his actions and that’s not right. Hopefully everything works out for all parties involved

6 Likes

Some of these comments saying “you’re horrible”… yall realize he can do it on his own also right?! 20 yrs from now or 30 yrs from now… it still will be the same outcome as now. Being a surprise. He will have access to many DNA tests.

You did right momma! And you are kind for the feelings you have :two_hearts:

10 Likes

You didn’t ruin anyones family, he was living a lie. If by revealing the truth, his wife left, that’s on him. Hopefully you can find some healing through it all :heart:

11 Likes

Some of yall are disgusting. She gad no idea he was married but HE KNEW. He ruined his marriage amd his family, NOT HER. Good for her reaching out so maybe her son can know the rest of his family.

11 Likes

WTF…you went & told her. Of course you feel horrible & you should. She had nothing to do with this, it was him & in a way you If he always left you after wards, & he made every excuse for you 2 two not to go out, etec, etc, & etc, somewhere along the line, you had to figure this out, something wasn’t right, A deep down feeling. But to go to her & tell her, her husband has a child with you, is horrible, on so many levels . I’m sorry…that was 110% wrong on your part It’s one thing & also bad , that he was cheating on her, but a child !!!

11 Likes

I hate people who do nothing but judge others s if they’re pure. Advise and don’t judge or make the poor woman feel less cause she is not married.

4 Likes

Has anyone ever stopped to think that there may be medical reasoning behind the situation and the mother is just not stating that. There is a reason for everything and of course everything is not going to be stated but instead of bashing, try to be more understanding!

3 Likes

Why wait… I never have and never will bother my daughters biodad he ran and never looked back when I filled for divorce… until my child is old enough to discuss it and wants to reach out… he was an abusive drug addict who locked her in a room &left for 13hrs (I was at the hospital) she wasn’t even two yet…
Why she waited is not your business. It’s not even dad’s in my opinion. Raising your child doesn’t have a time frame 3 months or 11 yrs. I’ll still be fighting for my daughter and what she needs when she’s grown. A thousand things can change in 11yrs yall

1 Like

It was your decision to raise your son on your own !! You deliberately attacked this woman’s life and her children!! That is not kool and shameful :cry: what is your reasoning behind your actions?? To hurt him ?? That’s sad !! Do you need his help after 11 years ?? From the sound of it it was just revenge!!

24 Likes

She sounds too good for him

2 Likes

she deserves to know tbh. if my so cheated and had a kid id want to know.
in truth he did it to his family. he knew what he was doin 12yrs ago when he was out sleeping around and not with his wife. :smirk:
@ his shady a§

8 Likes

That is the result that leads to a breeding ground for crime, fatherless children, feelings of being unwanted by men who fail to use necessary protection and then run away

4 Likes

Why in the hell did you HAVE to reach out now- if you knew someone else did the DNA test and that he wasn’t going to be involved? It was ok before but now it’s not?

16 Likes

Your child deserves to know where he comes from more than your ex deserves to have his secret kept…you arguably should have done thus a LONG time ago, and I get why you didn’t but you also over complicated an already difficult and sticky situation by waiting…but since we can’t change the past, and what’s done is done, this is on him more than you…

And who knows? You and wife might become friends after this (which I recommend for the kid’s sake)…give it time, and see if the siblings can get to know eachother at some point

7 Likes

I pray it was for your son, not for Revenge there’s is questioning about why he didn’t do the fertility test in person also why you didn’t go though the courts system ,I would want to know if my husband cheated and had children , but he need to stand up for his actions and accept he a father to a boy thats needs his father aswell as his mother.

Why wait 11 years though? Sounds like you did it just to be spiteful

19 Likes

Oh man that’s gotta sting….
Prayers for her & the kids.
Question tho, I didn’t read why you went this route for your child? Are you looking for child support now?

1 Like

I’d want to know if my husband did something like that even if 11 years passed. Once a cheater, always a cheater and the wife deserves to know the truth. Why live with someone who lies to you? Maybe it was a one time occurrence but who knows if you are the only victim or there may be others.

It must have been difficult for you to speak to her. I am sorry about your circumstances. I hope you can move on and forgive too. He may not deserve such kindness but your heart heals and moves on with forgiveness and peace.

3 Likes

We all make decisions but the right one is always to tell the one being cheated on what happened. Always. They have every right to that information. I’m glad you did the right thing, obviously the guy is shit and never would have told her the truth about this and if he did it once there may be multiple. You did the right thing. Keeping it from her is cruel and perpetuating the lies and cheating. You’re literally showing your kids it’s okay to be this man if you don’t expose him

I’m sure you feel bad for revealing the truth to her. But he is the one who cased all of this. He is the one who turned her whole life upside down. Hopefully all the children can in the future have a good relationship.

Maybe the child has asked questions and wants to know who his father is. He has the right to know. The father should have been man enough to take care of his responsibilities.

3 Likes

I have questions:

1. How do you know he sent a friend to do the DNA test? Like were you actually there? If you were…why didn’t you say something.
    Did he tell you that? Why didn’t you report it? (It is illegal to do that) or did you assume this because the DNA test was negative?

2. You chose to do this on your own…after a DNA test came back negative…why let so much time pass before deciding to try to get him involved? Why did you think this was your only option?

There were other legitimate ways to handle this…Starting with a lawyer and court.

With all the questions around the paternity test, I’d say that this was probably the wrong move on your part.
While his wife did deserve to know the truth…this probably wasn’t the best way for her to find out (especially with a assumed negative paternity test).
If you did all this because you’re wanting dad involved for your child all this will do is create extra resentment from everyone. It won’t be beneficial to your child at all.

15 Likes

Don’t worry about the negative comments, people like these pretend to be more righteous only because it makes them feel good about their miserable lives. They probably got sick of sitting at home watching Jerry Springer & Maury reruns, yelling at the tv, so they decided to get interactive on fb. It’s pretty sick… It doesn’t matter how long you took to reach out to her… would sooner have been better? Yeah. But it is what it is. You & your child have the right to be acknowledged & she has the right to know. Even if he still doesn’t step up, maybe you just found a new friend &/or your children will get along so they can grow up together. Either way, take his sorry butt for child support. You might be able to get it from the day your son was born because he purposely sent someone else to get out of his responsibilities as a father… Good luck mama…

Sooo, he sent a friend to do the DNA test for him…and yet you knew that and done nothing to prove that it was his friend and not him doing the DNA. Plus I’ve never heard of a place doing a dna test that doesnt check everyone’s i.d. first to make sure tricks like that do not happen

4 Likes

If she did it to be spiteful who cares really !!! He should of Admitted his wrongdoings to his wife and should’ve taken responsibility of the child all on his OWN !!! it’s not her fault and she did nothing wrong.

5 Likes

Are these post’s even real? Or are they made up stories? Cause sometimes the don’t be making any sense.

6 Likes

Your child deserves to know his family but this should’ve been done far earlier. Whether or not he has any contact, there could be inherited medical conditions on dads side that you need to be aware of so mums should always know where and who dad is as a precaution. It’s out there now. The balls in their court now and you should leave it be. He knows where you are and the food is open for both him and his family. You shouldn’t hold any malice as what’s done is done and more than a decade ago so now it’s up to him to sort out with his wife

If he went so far as to send someone else for a DNA test why would you want your son to know him.

7 Likes

I don’t think it was bad to tell the wife but it seems VERY DELAYED. Like why 11 years later?

4 Likes

Love how the lot of you are SOOOO perfect. Judgmental asses.
No you shouldn’t have waited 11years why you did i don’t know nor is it my business. Don’t let all these negative comments make you feel it’s all your fault because it’s not. I personally wouldn’t have waited and took his ass to get a paternity test then court. Hope this works out for you I’m sure it’s not easy and I’ve never been in this situation. And just know you didn’t ruin this womens life like everyone in the comments are claiming he ruined it when he decided to cheat.

As soon as you found out this cheater was married you should have acted then! Medical reasons and other reasons why it is important to know family background! I feel sorry for his wife,children,and your child! Every single one of them were robbed of knowing they had a sibling and siblings! Your story doesn’t add up ! And it is completely negligent on your behalf to wait 11 years !

9 Likes

You did the right thing.

1 Like

Probably could have been handled a little better…

1 Like

I would’ve said something 11 years ago. I would want to know

1 Like

Unpopular opinion. No you did not do the right thing. You said you chose to raise your son alone, so why now after 11 years did you decide to tell the wife? You should have done it 11 years ago. He obviously doesn’t want anything to do with the kid. So what has changed? She should have been told when you were pregnant or not at all. IMO. Thats 11+ years she has spent with a man she thought she could trust. 11 years of missing out. Good luck to her.

40 Likes

Does it really matter that she waited 11 years? Circumstances change. Most of the people complaining about it would want to know if their husband cheated, even eleven years later; I know I would. Time doesn’t change what he did. He did it, and then abandoned a child in the aftermath. He’s the issue here, not how long she waited. As a mom of an 11 year old boy, it is likely she reached out because the boy NEEDS his dad. Some things just can’t be adequately handled by a mom. Yes, moms do things all day without the help of the father, but it doesn’t change the fact that boys still need their fathers. So I can understand her reaching out at this point in time. Anyway, op did the right thing. It’s not her responsibility to hide his lies or protect the wife. That was his job, he chose to betray his wife, he hurt her, not the OP.

19 Likes

What did you expect her reaction to be? He denied being the father to you, why would he have told her that he cheated?

5 Likes

Why were you reaching out the in first place after 11 years? Unless the child was hospitalized or dying or has died there was no reason for you be bothering them at all.

9 Likes

So there is no dna tesr qnd you waited 11 years to tell the wife?

4 Likes

The real thing you did wrong was not let her know ten years ago…why now?

6 Likes

I be more concerned about how your child will feel being kept a secret

6 Likes

I’m sorry but you made some shitty choices. If you were going to blow up someone else’s life, it should have been 11 years ago. It comes across like you blew this up because he refused to have anything to do with you or your son. You should have just left it alone after all this time. I understand your heart hurting for your child but this just sets him up for more disappointment and hurt.

I dont think his wife needed to know…what were you hoping to achieve?

8 Likes

the whole mess is his and yours, fix it

Well she needed to hear about it from somebody. I mean yalls children are siblings. What would happen if your child and one of their children happen to meet later on and they dont know they are siblings. Then they hook up, or fall in love with one another. That would be a really messed up situation.

And it does happen…
Thats how my cousin found out she had an older brother. She liked a boy she was going to school with and brought him home to meet my grandmother. It turned that boys world upside down and he found out his life was a lie.

4 Likes

Why? Why after 11 years? Why contact her and not the father?

4 Likes

If you chose to raise him by yourself that’s on you. You should have taken action 11 years ago. Why would you wait all this time to finally say something? She deserved to know yes but you should have said something in the first place or not at all. For you to say something 11 years later is completely fucked up. You made a choice to do it alone and not do anything about him that’s on you.

1 Like

The only person wrong in this situation is the father…

8 Likes