Did I overreact about my husband putting a pregnancy test on the kitchen counter?

me, me ,me , my ,me , myself. blah blah.
u know , if u were pregnant or not. its his too and hes also processing it,
ur freaking out, and hes quite happy and silly about it, also YOUR daughter, as in both not just urs.
u carry the baby but he put it there, its not just for you, the test would have made the choices for u BOTH. and BOTH of u processed it differently.

ur over reacting

11 Likes

I find it very rude and disrespectful.

You’re acting like a teenage. Maybe he was excited

4 Likes

Did he know before hand? And adults have sex. Not sure why your 10 year old would be upset about it as she would possibly get a younger sibling. If anything, that should be exciting to her and if she was truly mad about the possibility, that’s a totally different conversation to be had. I do think you being mad and worried about not being able to process things was a little over the top, but you’re also allowed to feel your feelings/emotions. Maybe digging deeper into yourself to figure out exactly why that triggered you would be a good start, if you’re not wanting to have anymore children, if you’re not already, take precautions to avoid potential scares.
I do hope, whatever the outcome is, you’re able to find a place of peace, same with your 10 year old.

He should have thought about the 10 year olds feelings too.

1 Like

No. But its over now so just let it go. Or talk to him more about it.

Sorry that you’re upset. I can see both sides. I definitely needed time to process when I got pregnant out of the blue so I totally understand that.
As for him he was probably like it is what it is. He definitely could of handled that better. Our emotions run us sometimes. That’s just how we function. Men’s lack of emotional responses run theirs.

1 Like

Sounds like a good time to talk about unplanned pregnancies with your daughter :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

oh boy you sound like a hand full, relax

5 Likes

I feel like you’re over reacting. I’d be more concerned as to why my 10 year old acted in such a way. Men love to turn things into a joke, he was probably just trying to make light of the situation.

8 Likes

He was experiencing the same feelings as you and his way of avoiding dealing with those feelings was to throw you (and your daughter!) under the feeling bus. He could be a juvenile prat but you need to not rely on him emotionally when he clearly can’t handle it.

2 Likes

You and your daughter need to chill out.

4 Likes

Ehh I say overreacting, sorry girl

2 Likes

Honestly it’s a good thing that you’re not pregnant. You are over reacting. Unless you specifically told him to hide the test how could he have known? Also, if you’re so embarrassed about the possibility of being pregnant maybe you and your daughter should work on your relationship a little more. I would hope that my children would be responsible and mature enough to handle a situation as simple as that. So many things are frustrating about this event to me and none of them were what you mentioned

7 Likes

Maybe overreacting a little bit.

You don’t want a baby …He does…. Processing??? I’m not judging… but would you decide not to have it??? If that’s the case you should let him know because he clearly doesn’t know that….

Just hope your daughter never feels the same way and hides it from you. Your a grown adult woman… pregnancy test are just involved if ur an active adult in a committed relationship… at ten years old you should probably start birds and bee conversations since children are getting higher hormone levels at younger ages and getting pregnant as young as 12 and 13… I wish my mom would have talked to me more about those things instead I learned the hard way alone… good luck

2 Likes

If you expressed you didn’t want anyone to know including your daughter to your husband before hand & he still did that knowing. How you felt I don’t think your overreacting , completely valid but my husband and I play around like this all the time. So it’s a bit of an over reaction if he didn’t know you wanted it to be a secret. Until you knew and he apologized for his actions acknowledging that he was wrong.

:rofl: overreacting. Teach her.

He’s awful for that.

Over reaction.

Good time to bring up that unplanned pregnancy topic.

1 Like

That’s disrespectful but I dont think he thought about it before he just threw it out there. Definitely talk about it but dont freak out. It’s ok to be angry but talking about it is always the better option then fighting about it. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Please remember to him you just hid a pregnancy test. He’s not in your mind. Unless you communicate he only knows his feelings and thoughts. He cannot be considerate of yours if he doesn’t know what they are. you always have a right to feel how you feel. It’s the actions that make it over reacting. Now is an opportunity to discuss and be prepared if another situation comes up. These moments are a moment for you to learn and grow.

Oh lawd Grow up and quit being petty

3 Likes

Poor guy :woman_facepalming:t3: i feel sorry for him. U and the kid need to chill out :woman_shrugging:t3::roll_eyes: if it makes u that uneasy being pregnant again go get on birth control or get fixed :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

I can’t believe all these people are saying you are overreacting. Definitely not a 10 year olds business, and how many people are still asking if you’re expecting or telling you to take another one :woman_facepalming:t3: did y’all read the post? Anyway I don’t think you’re overreacting… I think that you wanted to find out privately if you got pregnant 10 years after you were “done” and then you and your husband could’ve told your daughter together IF you were, rather than her just see a test on a counter unnecessarily. It would be one thing if she found it but I feel like involving a kid in y’all’s personal business is immature. I mean he probably doesn’t look at it the same way but that’s how I saw it at least

9 Likes

OVER REACTING… lord y’all get so mad about the smallest things….

4 Likes

Chalk it up to a learning experience for you and your daughter…also I think it’s your hormones venting, bahahahaha… sorry had to

1 Like

Get a grip your acting like a teenager

3 Likes

I’m the queen of over reacting and even I think this is stupid. Smh better be happy that ur hubby at least is still f…k.n you and was quite happy about the situation :eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Over reacting…also time to have that talk with your daughter…

2 Likes

If you were vocal about not wanting your daughter to know then yes, you have a right to be upset. If not, then how was he to know?
Of course I understand regardless why you feel the way you do but if he doesn’t know he doesn’t know.

1 Like

Yeah overreacted. Also, she’s 10. Time to start talking about pregnancy unplanned and planned with her.

5 Likes

I completely understand. I would have felt the same way!!! That’s a major thing for ALL involved.
Sounds like u and ur husband need to sit and have a convo about it. Then he would understand and u would feel better

1 Like

He’s a man…they really don’t understand the emotions involved.Your intention to protect your daughter was wise
But give him a pass he did apologize.

1 Like

Screw what most of these thoughtless women are saying… That was RUDE and uncalled for… and frankly it’s none of the kid’s business.

I think he was trying to lighten the mood. He probably doesn’t know all the thoughts going through your head. Your daughter will be fine. Kids over react sometimes when they don’t understand what’s going on. If it was positive she will come around. Sounds like it’s a negative though so take a moment and breath. I don’t think he was trying to do anything bad.

1 Like

ok lets assume he didnt think right - but giving your daughter the “right” to be upset for a pregnancy test? now that is not right!

10 Likes

You need to talk to your kid about periods, pregnant and unplanned pregnancies. Your reaction her being mad is a bit strange, if you have another kid then tough she needs to adapt. You can’t live your life waiting on what your kid thinks.

10 Likes

It’s not up to your 10 year old to be concerned with this. It’s between you and husband

2 Likes

Lighten up he was just joking that was probably his way of loosening up because he was probably nervous too

3 Likes

Are you sure you are not pregnant?? You got a lot of emotions over something so silly…

21 Likes

No your not overreacting, men dont get it. Thats why they try and limit women options. Weather it be birth control, pads, tampons, abortion, pregnancy anything…it dont matter how you explain it to them, they dont get it.

Not stupid at all. It’s an adult issue not your child’s. There is a right time to tell her.

4 Likes

It doesn’t really clarify, did you talk with him before hand about keeping them hidden and then he disrespected that?
I would have a conversation with the daughter about unplanned pregnancy, it happens. Talk with her about periods and that sometimes they can be late when you are pregnant or for other reasons, so they were purchased as a precaution to make sure. After you take the test and it’s confirmed whether or not you are pregnant, approach with the next step of information.

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily think either of you are wrong. Men have habits of not making things a big deal, so if it wasn’t a big deal to him he probably assumed that it wouldn’t be a big deal to you or your child. Doesnt make what he did right though. It was a big deal to you, so your feelings are valid as well. I don’t think he was being malicious by doing it. I understand both sides, but talk to him and tell him in the future that any major life altering moments you’d rather not have your daughter be a part of. Discuss it and move on.

3 Likes

Very overreacting.
Your daughter is a part of your family and big things like that would effect her too. Why would she be upset anyways? You’re an adult. My kid shrugs things off and would ask whether or not she’s getting a sibling. Stop making huge messes out of simple situations.

There really was no reason for you to act like that. He’s in the same boat as you are and you’re a team.

This whole post is crazy.

9 Likes

Id be more concerned about your daughters reaction than your husband’s action. Dudes tend to deal with stress with humor, your daughter getting angry is ( imo ) a flag and id have a sit down with her to talk about it. But you’re more worried about him making you upset.

5 Likes

You’re entitled to feel your feelings. He didn’t see it as serious as you did. Next time tell your daughter that y’all are adults and pregnancy can happen. You were just checking bc your period was late. If you haven’t explained those things to her now is a great time for that too. I think you need to focus on if there are other things bothering you and it was safest/easiest to lash out at your husband.

Also unless you specifically told him that you wanted the pregnancy test kept private he didn’t “go behind your back”. If you did make that known then you should discuss that. Take this as an opportunity to discuss more birth control methods and better communication as a whole so you don’t have a situation like this in the future.

14 Likes

Definitely over reacting. Yes you need time to process if it was positive but what’s the point of sitting there being so upset about it? He apologized. Move on.

1 Like

Lol :joy: The 10 year old has a lot of power under your roof, I see :clown_face:

9 Likes

You sound like a a b****. Get over yourself honestly

7 Likes

Seriously? Lol I am totally confused about this post? That’s so silly on your part sounds like you need lighten up some and honestly grow up as well he was just trying to lighten the mood up
And joke around but it seems like you can’t take a joke without being really serious about it and your daughter needs to understand your adult if it comes to you wanting another child it’s your decision and husband also.

Yeah I think it was a little over reaction there.but I do agree it should of stayed between you and your husband.

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t understand the secrecy needed. Your child would adjust but if it bothers you tell him

Maybe you weren’t overreacting in the beginning. Your feelings were valid, because you had them. Buttt he’s apologized and said he was joking. How long you gonna make him pay for a bad joke? He wasn’t trying to be malicious, but you’re trying to make him feel that way… why? Sounds like you need to do some inner searching to see why you’re so angry over something that wasn’t meant to hurt anyone. You should have let it go after the apology. Now, you’re overreacting

Maybe he is excited at the thought you could be pregnant…maybe there was a glimpse of a renewed hope that new life was coming. No one should be mad or upset at that you have choices and consequences good or bad it makes no difference. Both should have respect for the others feelings take that in to consideration. At least he apologized. Just open that line of communication it’s not difficult

Yes. He apologized. Let it go Elsa

5 Likes

At least he cared enough. Get over it, as far as your daughter, 10 is old enough to not act like that. She is old enough to know about the birds and the bees. It sounds as if your husband, would actually like to have another baby.

Your family. That’s your husband and daughter. It’s something that happens naturally because your adults. I could see you wanting to process it, but to get upset is a lil much. Why would your daughter get upset? I guess my relationship with my kids is different because my kids in no way would be upset maybe curious but would have no reason to be upset.

Yes he’s a man was trying to make light of the situation… your a woman not your fault for over reacting just re evaluate both points of views…to the best of your ability considering you don’t have a cock and balls maybe he was nervous to and that’s how he automatically reacts

I’m confused why your daughter was so “upset” over a pregnancy test. Geeze, my kids have known what a pregnancy test was since they were two. You making a big deal out of this is unhealthy. I get wanting to find out before telling your daughter, but simply having a test doesn’t mean you’re pregnant or even think you are. I kept them on hand for years until I was completely unable to have children anymore. If seeing a pregnancy test gets her this upset, there is a lot more going on there. Aside from that I’d just explain to your husband why you’re upset about it. Then move on, it’s over and done and isn’t a huge deal. I would also have a sit down with my daughter, she really shouldn’t get so upset over things that are natural.

2 Likes

He might have been nervous too… trying to make light of the situation. But I would have been pissed too.

1 Like

Probably overreacting a bit. I totally get it! I also get that he is probably in his feelings and maybe anxious and eager to see the results.

Lighten up. Worry about people that you care about that have cancer or are near the end of their life. Getting upset over that is just petty. Maybe you should think … maybe your husband was slightly excited. Geesh.

1 Like

No you didnt overreact. Not in the slightest. What if it had been positive? You didnt even have time to think about if you wanted to keep it. What if you decided an abortion would be best and wanted it to be private? Your daughter wouldn’t have needed to be apart of that and your husband is wrong for spilling the beans before you could consider anything. That’s like someone else making your pregnancy announcement behind your back.

4 Likes

Maybe you should retest. You are acting like you could be pregnant.

7 Likes

Sounds like a premenusal reaction.

I had my little one when his sister was 9…her dad and I have known each other for years but it was a big deal when I had him early at 34 weeks and her mom wouldn’t let the kids come to the hospital even. Kids at that age can suddenly feel like they gained a best friend or lost a parent because they were dads baby. We went through a period before this where we thought we lost him, where he just hid behind the placenta so there was no heartbeat so life went 0-100 then 100-0 then back to 100 like that. I’d spent years thinking I couldn’t have babies anymore either, my oldest is 15 years older than my youngest.
I’m private about stuff and I’d always do a test where no one would find me. I don’t leave tampon wrappers on top of the trash, I don’t want anyone to know I poop in a perfect world. Don’t make kids grow up too fast, ten yes they can know about stuff, but my Lord don’t go plopping things like that on the counter in my house.

Yes, you are overreacting!

Yes , you were absolutely over reacting, he is not a mind reader and what the heck is wrong with your daughter?

2 Likes

You and your daughter both need to grow up

4 Likes

I think that’s a silly reason to be upset.

2 Likes

One thing if you didnt tell him to keep it a secret then stop acting like he did something wrong. Two why do you give your daughter a right to be hateful over something that doesnt concern her. You guys definitely need a family discussion

4 Likes

If he knew how you felt and the reason, and he did it anyway then yes you have a right to feel disrespected and he should submit to your feelings in the future. How was his apology?.. sincere or just enough to get himself out of trouble? That speaks possibly even more as to the care he has for your feelings. If you were vague or didn’t say, then you are over reacting. Either way, I hope you see the disrespect and concern in your daughter’s response and address that as well.

Also…. Maybe you should retest. :grimacing:

But the real question is why was your daughter SO upset? That’s something I’d be concerned about.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s horrible. Did you communicate that it was to be hidden? A simple “just checking” would have sufficed

1 Like

Woah! Yes I believe you overreacted, your daughter should be old enough to process that pregnancy is a possibility, he just wanted to find out asap is what I get out of it.

2 Likes

Sounds like you might get your period in the next day or two, either that or you need to retest :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ur daughrer not ur boss

I’m honestly shocked at how rude people are. She asked an honest question…

I think you had a right to be upset, but it’s not something to hold onto. Talk to him about why it was such a big deal to you in case you ever need another, and then I would let it go. Holding onto hurts just makes it fester and damage your relationship.

Your feelings are valid, no matter how they seem to other people.

People on here are rude af for no reason. I’m sorry that upset you. Your husband probably didn’t mean anything malicious by it. Just laugh it off now that it’s over :purple_heart:

I got upset when my mom told me she was pregnant, I was 12 & an only child. Just talk with your daughter. No need to scold or punish her. Like I said, every person can feel their own feelings.

Definitely overreacting. And why would your daughter be upset if you were anyways? That’s an issue within itself and you definitely need to address it sooner than later. Maybe it’s time to have the talk with her. Your husband put it on the counter no big deal.

She need to get over being a spoiled only child i think befor it actuly happend one day

PS to the daughters reaction I’d just say because I might be pregnant. Matter of fact is all. Not like she has a dog in the hunt

Overreacting especially if he apologized

Im not understanding why your so mad if your daughter knows? Shes a child. Do you dislike your spouse? Why is it such a bad thing?

Some of these stories are just down right crazy… people overreact to the smallest things.

Yeah, you are over reacting

Yikes, your poor husband.

I don’t think you’re overreacting at all. I would have been pissed. It boils down to a very personal scenario that can take a minute to process regardless of actual results without added pressure because dad wanted to make a joke….

1 Like

Over reacting. You should have communicated to him that you didn’t want your daughter to know about the test and kept it in your purse or a separate bag.

4 Likes

Your poor husband. I can only imagine what else he puts up with :woman_facepalming:t3::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ignore all these comments that are saying you’re over reacting, no the hell you’re not!! I can totally see where you’re coming from, I would be pissed if my husband threw a pregnancy test on the counter in front of my children especially the ones that can read and understand.  Doing what he did, could cause so many questions and thoughts going in that child’s head. Something that could have saved you from answering your concerning child’s questions, especially if you are not even pregnant. There’s a right way of doing things and a wrong way of doing things and this was the wrong way.  Your husband wasn’t thinking of you at all in that moment. He was probably thinking of his emotions and, and reacted off of it. Should he have done it the way he did? No absolutely not. But in those type of cases all you can do is say to your child, nothing to worry about honey go play. Also taking a test after being 5 days late could not always be right. Have a talk with your husband and let him know you didn’t appreciate that, and to please not do something like that again. Tell him to go get a vasectomy !!
Btw, It’s better to wait at least 2 weeks after your missed period. 

3 Likes

Nope, children don’t need to know all your business , jmo, I’d still be pissed with him, not funny

5 Likes

Your being ridiculous. I would laugh and go take the test with my husband! And be glad and excited I was pregnant if it was positive! My youngest is 14! He also would of laughed at it and be happy he would be a big brother. Your looking at something to argue about

1 Like

Yeah, overreacting just a little bit.

It’s also really not your daughter’s business why you need it or if you need it. She can feel her feels, but at the same time, it’s not up to her if you have more kids.

3 Likes

U should have just put in the bathroom if u were that worried about

2 Likes

He probably just found it funny. I’m sure he didn’t do it maliciously. If he did then yes I’d be angry about it!

The one thing that would bother me is if you aren’t TTC, I wouldn’t want the thought out in my child’s head. What if they got upset as they didn’t want a sibling, and wasn’t giving warning to properly process it?
What if the child gets excited for no reason?

1 Like

Take the test again in a few weeks lol. Pregnancy hormones make us mad at the silliest things just like this. Are you sure you’re not pregnant?

There may come a point in your daughters life that she too will need a pregnancy test. It could have turned into an age appropriate, teachable moment. Facts of life-menstruation, consent over her body, etc….

9 Likes