Do aunts have legal rights to see their nephews?

Dont worry theres no such thing … keep her toxic ass out the picture and enjoy raising ur son … good luck

LMAO. No rudeness intended but I’m cracking tf up. Auntys rights are not a thing. Technically she can file for visitation but the likelihood of that being granted considering the history is sooo slim.

1 Like

Not a thing. Tell her to stop contacting you or you will get a PO.

At the minimum she would have to prove she has an impact on the child’s life which she has not.

Lmao is what I would say to her because in most states grandparents don’t even have rights let alone aunts!

Until she trips over herself apologizing and presents me with a 3 page fucking paper giving me valid reasoning behind allowing my infant to have ANY contact at all with someone who wished death upon him that bitch wouldn’t get within 1000 feet of my child.

And even WITH those things, it’s a solid possibility that I’ll still tell her to fuck off.

Toxic is toxic. NOBODY IS ENTITLED TO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CHILD. Fuck a foul ass family.

She’s totally full of shit. Boot her to the curb and never look back. I had a sister like that. She’s gone my life and I have no regrets.

Ignore her and carry on with your life!, no rights whatsoever.

No such thing. Only way she’d have rights is if she’s legal guardian. She’s toxic af. And if people are taking her side, they’re probably toxic too. Block em all and protect your baby. Their loss, not yours.

1 Like

She has zero rights to your kid.
Period.
Block her on everything and let her just be mad.

I’ve only ever heard of grandparents’ rights. In which case, if they are granted, they could allow her to see your child without your consent. Also, since she’s had no contact with the child for his whole life, she will likely not be granted any visitation. Parental rights have been terminated for less.

No aunty rights…Google ask a lawyer. There is none…hardly grandparents win rights…

The only people that have rights to the child are the parents of the child

1 Like

She has no rights to that baby, whatsoever.

Take the negative out of your life and focus on you, your child and husband. Let her waste her money and be laughed at in court. If this happens to go that far and i hope it does not ask for her to pay all your fees since she is crazy and then ask for her to be locked up since she is clearly crazy.

She’s full of shit. If she keeps harassing you, get a restraining order. Document her behavior with the police. If she tries something crazy, you need a paper trail proving that is not an isolated incident.

She’s just trying to intimidate you.

She sounds like control issues and if she ever did see your baby I’d have a ton of people around id never be alone with her prayers

nope there are grandparent rights and parent rights… aunts uncles cousins dont have any rights

Why don’t u. 2. Learn to forget the past, life is too short.

Grandparents rights yes, aunts and uncles no.

1 Like

No one has rights but you most states dont even have grandparent rights

I hears grandparents have rights. Not sure about aunties! I hope not for your sake. Don’t give in. She sounds dangerous.

3 Likes

This is your child and if you don’t want her around your child don’t. No chance of her getting rights. To be honest I would contact a lawyer and get a restraining order against her to be safe. Does she live close to you???

Ignore her and don’t answer her calls, change your phone number. She is just butt hurt, but she did wrong in saying such to you so if she really wanted to make amends she would apologize first…

At one time. I tried to get rights of my niece but they denied me.

No judge in their right mind will give her any rights or want to hear her after you and your husband contest it and explain why.

Ur kidding right grandparents right dont even withhold anymore

1 Like

Maybe get a restraining order. She threatened your child and said she’d sue to have access to him, what’s to stop her from showing up on your doorstep?

At the very most I might agree to mend fences with the family without your kiddo there. And then go from there. And only IF that works maybe involve kids.

There is no such thing as aunts rights.

1 Like

There’s no such thing. Even then, not all states recognize grandparent’s rights either. She hasn’t got a leg to stand on.

4 Likes

That’s not a thing. She’s full of shit and a manipulator. Tell her to go sit on a cactus.

No such thing.
She’s trying to scare you into doing as she wants.

She has not changed, don’t let her back in your life. Your baby does not need the dysfunction.

5 Likes

No such thing… File harassment charges against her with a no contact order

4 Likes

It is absolutely a thing… well where I’m from (wa state) aunts and uncles have more rights to the nieces and nephews over the grandparents… let’s say if at anytime I feel any one of my nieces and nephews are in danger of their parents I can go to family court and start file papers… depending on how serious the case and with proof things can happen…

No, it’s not a thing. If the child was in harm and she called cps and they found that the baby was in harm THEN THEY would take your baby and go to family to take him in. However, you would have the right to say you would rather your child be placed in foster care rather than family. But it would have to be tour baby getting taken away before she even had the slightest “aunty right”

2 Likes

Hell no not if you don’t want them too! & grandparent don’t have any rights either if you don’t want them too!

1 Like

Get a restraining order

3 Likes

It’s not in the best interest of the child. You and your husband are perfectly capable of raising your child. I would tell her politely to F off and not worry about it.

1 Like

If she was so worried about her “auntie”’s rights”, she would have done something about it before now when your child is 17 months old. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

She’s full of shit. Just get a restraining order.

Shes a joke dont worry there is no such thing !! She has no rights period let her try they will laugh at her she cannot come in an get rights to your child doesn’t work that way

3 Likes

I would contact your parents or her doctor or anyone with influence over her who won’t betray your trust to get her some mental health care. She sounds completely unhinged. She has made serious threats and needs to be watched by psychiatric professionals and law enforcement.

I would make a police report and get a restraining order against her. This way if she tries anything you have more evidence with which to convict her.

1 Like

Well your sister is clearly batshit crazy…ignore her

2 Likes

M
Sweetie there’s no such thing! She sounds dangerous very threatning! Go with your gut feeling! Ignore that threat she has no rights

1 Like

HELL no she wouldn’t get close to my kid… It would only take a half a second to slit his throat… She has no rights…

2 Likes

If she threatened the life of your baby before it was even born I would be getting a restraining order. If things healed since then and she was an active person in your life and all was forgiven, that would be a different story.

5 Likes

No such thing my baby’s dads mom tried to get grandparents rights and she can’t and that bitch is batshit crazy she wants to take my son from me so I would ignore she sounds crazy.

Unless you and your husband can be proven to be unfit, she has no rights.

I would block all contact and ignore her.

1 Like

Unless she has a bunch of money and time I wouldn’t worry… but thinking about the child maybe some kind of ‘family visit’ … I would talk about what she said… ask her “how do I know, after all the horrific things you said while pregnant, you won’t try to kill my baby” I think that’s what she needs to think about… those are some pretty crazy words I don’t care who you are

2 Likes

OMG she threatened your unborn child now she wants aunty rights​:joy::joy::joy: yeah tell her to go fk herself crazy ass bch😝

She could only do that if she had a crucial part in his upbringing so far and if she’s as crazy as she sounds she would be laughed out of the courthouse especially with a witness to say she threatened to kill your child and wanted you to miscarry. My in-law isn’t allowed around for similar reasons and my foot is staying down my baby doesn’t deserve shitty people entitling themselves to his life

No such thing. A few states have grandparents rights but you have to be extremely unfit to even have that happened. So don’t worry about it get a restraining order

3 Likes

No they have no rights lol…me and my sister alawys agured an shits lol but this I would put restarting chagred on your sister she had no right to threaten you or else at all…dont answer her back or anything this will cause wrose let this go .

Protect your child. God bless you.

In some states aunts can take mommas to court if they dont get visitation check your states laws

She’s an absolute nut wagon

2 Likes

Wow she just loooves to stir the pot. Block her completely. There are no auntie rights. If she contacts you again with the threats, get a restraining order. If she goes to court or contacts a lawyer they will laugh in her face. Blood relation doesn’t do much these days unless you’re a parent.

1 Like

She’s full of shit, i have anxiety so I tend to overthink and worry about anything said. For more peace of mind I would consult a lawyer (it’s usually free) to get legal advice on the “aunty rights” (it’s not a thing but ask if shes allowed to do anything) and if she tries to force her way into your babies life considering a restraining order or something. She sounds very toxic and your baby needs good people in his life.
I also have a immediate family member whom my son will never see.

I dont think it’s a right I have heead two nephews taken from seeing me simply because the parents did not get along . One nephew born with Downs an lived with me 8 years I love him like a grandmother the other taken I havent seen in years. All I am guilty of is loving an taking care of them. Unless u have 10,000 us dollars just have a gaping hole in your heart.

I live In Louisiana it’s all about who has the most money for lawyers

Girl maybe get a restraining order she sounds crazy and include your son!

5 Likes

Girl get a restraining order on her and never look back

2 Likes

No they don’t my sister is batshit crazy she married illegal do what’s in the best interest of your child

There’s no such thing as “aunty rights”. She’s absolutely full of it. If I were you I’d block her and maybe look at getting a restraining order if you feel she could be a danger to you or your child

5 Likes

No aunt rights are most definitely not a thing. I would stay away from her and not let her around my child if it was me and my sister. Toxic is toxic no matter if its family or not.

1 Like

She wanted him dead at one point. Why should she get any privileges at all? Aunts rights lmao I second the restraining order motion.

7 Likes

She’s full of shit girl, scare tactics, ignore her

Lmfao naw dont stress too much. Her “auntys rights” are a figment of her imagination and any court house will laugh in her face

4 Likes

Lol no. She says something like that to me while pregnant, hello restraining order.

3 Likes

No contact order asap! Include phone calls, texts, emails, and include your son in the order as well

3 Likes

That’s definitely not a thing but even if it was, what transpired while you were pregnant should be enough to show why you don’t want her in your life in case she does actually try to take you to court. I would get a restraining order and I would keep documentation of every attempt to contact you just to be safe.

2 Likes

No aunt rights …your side of family …so say no …

Go get a restraining order for u n ur child

3 Likes

In Florida and most other states, nobody has a right to visit except whoever you named as parent on the birth certificate. Nobody! Ignore her, she’s just jealous.

2 Likes

Extended family dont have rights unless they have custody of the child or adopted the child. Theres no such thing relax. Your sister os jist crazy

2 Likes

No such thing as aunt’s rights but a restraining order is a real thing.

4 Likes

There is grandparent rights but not aunt

1 Like

No such thing as “Aunty rights”. But I do believe there is such thing as “Grandparents rights”.

I’ve never heard of that, she’s making it up to try to force you to do what she wants. Don’t bend.

1 Like

No such thing. She’s just being a bitch. Block her.

Shes full of shit.theres no such thing.just stick to your guns.you know the right thing to do.

Nope, she doesn’t have any rights to your child.

2 Likes

I know there is grandparents rights in some places, bit I have never heard of aunt rights.

1 Like

Yes, they have rights if they choose to take you to court. The courts believe every child has a right to know all family, and they will be granted visitation that is out of your control

1 Like

Stay away from her!!!

1 Like

No such thing as aunt rights lol. She’s just making shit up now. She knows it’ll get to you.

If she did take you to court she wouldn’t get granted visits anyway :joy: there is no established relationship with the child so if the child didn’t know the person how will that effect them? :joy: I too have a sister I no longer talk to cuz of family sh&$. I don’t know we’re tou live but in BC I do not think they have any “rights”

3 Likes

No such thing. Get a restraining order if u must for you and your child. Even your husband if you have to. She threatened the chimds LIFE. In no way would I want her around my child. No way. Shes being crazy. You just do you.

4 Likes

Nope aunty rights is not a thing

1 Like

I’d change my phone number, block her and all family members from social media that have contact with her. Block her from your emails etc. Then try to get a restraining order. It may be too late since it happened when you were pregnant, but it’s worth a shot. Grandparents rights are a thing but only in some states. I’m pretty sure she’s full of it. Either way, good luck.

1 Like

Full of absolute balls hun

Not a thing. I’m sorry you have such a toxic sister. :sob:

1 Like

After what she said, there are no rights

I’d file a restraining order. She threatened the life of you and your child. Even if she took you to court, the fact that she threatened you and the baby AND the fact that your child has never even met her and has literally no established relationship, she would be laughed out of the courtroom. Like I said, file a restraining order.

2 Likes

That is not a thing. Grandparents rights might be a thing but it depends on where you live.

1 Like

She sounds like a manipulative person. She thinks if she scares you you might cave. Do not cave. Block her

3 Likes

The only right’s your sister can get are a few rights and lefts. She has not changed if her first reaction is to say she can take your kid away and try to drag you to court , which she cant.

1 Like

Keep her away!! Who knows what she would do?? Get a restraining order and remove her from you and your.child and husbands life!! No good will come if you let her back in your life!!

1 Like