Do aunts have legal rights to see their nephews?

Aunty rights isn’t real. But… a restraining order is!!!

Depends on the state-----no aunties rights, but there can be grandparents rights. so get a retraining order on all.

Block and stop all communication, I would!

She has absolutely no rights to your son. If she goes to the courthouse for this, they’ll probably laugh her right out of there. Sorry your sister is so crappy. If I were you, I’d block her from everything she can contact me through. Hope you’re feeling better now. :blush:

Aunts has no rights. Grandparents in some states does.

It’s your kid. Dont go to Facebook and ask a bunch of strangers that have no clue what’s going on on what who should be able to see your child. It’s your child… it dont matter if it’s the grandparents its your call on who see him or not. If you feel(which you clearly already so u do) like u cant trust someone around your kid then why question it?

You, hubby and baby need to stay as far away from these people as possible. Don’t trust them.

No such thing ignore the dumbass maybe look at a restraining order if she continues

I have heard of Grandparents rights but not aunts. Get a permanent RO against her.

As a person who went to school for law i will say unfortunately YES she can aunts uncles grandparents and i believe some other family members can petition the court for visitation just like anyone can file for custody it doesn’t mean the judge will grant it but with family unless you have proof not words but actual documentation or technological evidence of that person posing a threat to the child visitation might be set.

1 Like

She has NO rights and it doesn’t matter what state she resides. She needs to get a life. Why in the world is she bothering you? She sounds like a narcissist. SMH.

Nope, In Tx grandparents right dont count unless my child is deceased.

In Ohio if you were a single parent not even the father would have rights (obviously unless he took you to court). There are no rights laws for any extended family.

From just a quick search, unless there is an ongoing custody case in court, I do not believe she would. It sounds like you are with the father and don’t have a custody case, but if the grandparents wanted to see the child, she could add to their case because in many states grandparents do have rights.

5 Likes

Your husband is right if you may need to get a restraining order against your sister you don’t have to live in fear because of the bull s…t they say. I moved away from my own family and they keep saying stuff like that but I am so happy that I don’t live in the same state as they do

Not a thing don’t worry about it. She’s never had an established relationship with him. So no.

All depends on the state, circumstances, etc. Rather than waste your time on here, contact a family law attorney in your state…they will know specific laws and give you EXACT legal advice.

It depends on where you are but in Texas no there isn’t aunt rights. But she could file for an intervention because she is your sister. But she would have to prove some sort of abuse/ neglect. Look up your states family laws and consult a lawyer to know for sure

You go seek your own legal Advice , but given she violent I think each state differs but from my understanding it’s only the Grandparents have legal right that also it’s extremely difficult, hope you get it sorted for your own peace off mine

1 Like

Their are no such thing as Auntie rights. Keep your child’s medical records up to date. Do not respond to any of her posts. Make a copy of the posts for the lawyer you will need to retain to defend you. Morally, You would have to voluntarily allow her the pleasure of visitation rights but she has no legal rights. However, if you have a DCF court order against you, DCF does a home visit for family members first if they decide to remove your child from your care then they would look at each family member. If that person passes that home visit then they will place the child after they do a domestic violence & criminal background check. Then they would place your child with that person, otherwise your child would go into a foster home with people that are strangers to the child. Just do well meeting your child’s basic needs, keep your child clean, safe & happy, that’s all that matters.

3 Likes

As an over active auntie I fully believe in auntie rights but hell no they aren’t legal. Just nobody remind my sisters so I can continue meddling in my nerves and nephews lives for the sheer love of watching them unfold into little versions of my sisters that I can actually stand.

1 Like

Whether there’s rights or not, no matter how long it has been, that kind of threat would never give her any kind of right. Don’t sweat it, live your life and protect yours

1 Like

Ive heard of grandparent rights but not sure where that applies… never heard at aunts or uncles rights

Depends on the state. I’m in oregon and grandparents used to have an legal right to see their grandchildren. However there is no such law now and never was one for extended familybsuch as Aunts and Uncles. It’s ok honey she’s full of shit and it kinda throws a red flag if someone demands to see anyone. Like you said you’ve got enough going on, don’t let this get to you.

The only family rights would be grandparents rights and only in certain states, as far as aunty rights NO SUCH THING

1 Like

There are no extended family rights to my knowledge in any state. Grandparents can’t make it happen, no stinking brat aunt will. RESTRAINING ORDER

1 Like

Breath sister… No such thing!!! She is just playing mind games with you. Continue to move forward with your family. BUT always keep your guard up around your children. God bless you …your son/kids…and husband.

3 Likes

I would get restraining order against her and file harassment charges against her. Protect you and your family. Keep record of Everytime she calls, text, emails or shows up. Write down the time, place and what was said and save the texts and emails.

2 Likes

Continue living my life for me and mines…I don’t believe she can take u to court either

No such thing as aunts or grandparents rights. You are the parent and have your child’s best interest at hand so I wouldn’t even worry about it.

She’s obviously trying to scare you. You don’t have to let anyone see your child if you don’t see it fit… if she wished a miscarriage, you better bet I wouldn’t have anything to do with her for a long time. That’s called toxicity and I applaud you for not diving back into it. It’s gonna be hard but she can’t do anything unless you guys are abusive, neglectful, etc. I’d say, if she’s that crazy, be prepared for CPS visits. It’s a low blow but if you don’t entertain her behavior with a response, she’d probably do that. I’d go with a restraining order and keep your nose clean. Good luck❤️

1 Like

I would talk to a lawyer and see what the lawyer can do for you . i would get papers served on her . get a protective order so she can not have any contact with you and your child and your husband .

Nope I have a sister who I won’t allow my kids to see either oh well :woman_shrugging:t4: her loss not ours

As a grandparent who now has legal custody (drugs involved) of 3 grands the ONLY rights are grandparents who have been in the child’s life and would pose anguish on the child by being apart. NOONE else can claim visitation rights.

2 Likes

No she can’t take you to court lol I wouldn’t take my sisters kids tell her to stay in her lane put a court order against her to stay away from your family . Keep your child safe from her she sounds like she needs help :pleading_face:.

1 Like

You dont have anything to worry about,auntie rights is not a thing

The only rights are grandparents only but that’s all

1 Like

Nope my SIL is an alcoholic and i have had to remove her from family. Too toxic and my kids are the most important thing and their safty so she is no longer around my kids or me

No such thing but she might try the CPS route.

No, she’s only trying to scare you. It would be different if you and/or your husband were abusing the child. Then she could fight for custody. Sounds like your sister is a “Nut Case”. Keep your distance from her and anyone else that isn’t there to support you.

No there is no such thing if you feel uncomfortable then go with your gut.

She could of tried but if she’s not the mother of the child they take YOUR side especially the fact she threatened you & the poor baby she aint getting shxt .

No one has rights but the mother and father

In Michigan there is no such thing.

Your decision not hers. You dont HAVE to let anyone in your childs life.

Not a damn thing she can do. Except tell CPS a bunch of bull to stress you guys out. Would tell her where she can get off that train at if you get the drift.

No such thing as Aunt rights.

My sister did get grandparents right.

No such thing. No such thing as grandparents rights either.

No auntie rights at all

If she’s not stable they won’t let her see him yet.

Tell the court about your past with you sister. It won’t never happen I don’t think

She’s got nothing. Tell her to go get her attorney and not to contact you again.

Some things are unforgivable, this is one of them, she is Toxic, keep her away!

It depends on what state you live in.

If she tries take a restraining order out on her

She’s just trying to hurt you. No such thing. Breath girl, you got this.

No, there is no such thing.

I agree with everyone and there isnt anything she can do!

Aunt rights do not exist. She sounds mentally unstable. A restraining order is a useless piece of paper! File a Protective order for yourself and your child against her, have it served immediately. Document, Document, Document, cannot stress this enough. Every time she calls write down the date and time, write down what she said, do not answer any more of her calls, let them go to voice mail, do not answer her texts, do not engage her on social media, twitter, Instagram, if she approaches you in publuc or your place of work call 911 immediately, do not engage with her, tell your husband to do the exact same thing. If your child is in daycare, make certain they have a copy of the Protective order and a photo of her. Do not discuss her with any family members, it will cause more issues. If she contacts you while the Protective order is in place she is violating it, and will be arrested. Do not allow her to control your life, you left home, you are married, you have a child, you are now grown with adult responsibility, do not let a mentally unstable jealous sister jeopardize your life and happiness nor the safety and happiness of your child. As the parent your job is to protect your child, keep him away from her. I have a Masters in Social Work, I give this same advice all the time.

Only some states have grandparents rights, but none have rights for extended family members.

If she manages to take something to court she’ll be laughed out. I would consider looking into a restraining order though. Sounds like you might need one.

I’m not sure if there is, never heard of it. However, even if it is a real thing, sounds like you have a winning case.

Turn it over to God. He will protect u and ur family. Prayers forbu and ur family

2 Likes

Just block her number, block her on social media.

Please take all evil speaking seriously.

1 Like

All the people talking about grandparents rights. That’s bs too, if they’ve been actively in your babies life then yes they could go to court for visitation but otherwise I wouldn’t worry.

She’s full of shit. She’s trying to mess with your head. Continue to live your life without them. You’ll be better off. Sorry hon.

No such thing. My sister is a rag too. She hasn’t seen my kids in about 12 years and has never met my youngest. We are so much better off without her toxic attitude in our life.

Nope…she does deserve to see him…after her threats she didn’t care care whether he lived or died…no rights…no such thing as aunty’s rights…only mom & dad rights…and to protect their son from a horrible mean aunt…

I would have nothing to do with her…ever!
Get a restraining order against her! Then you can have her arrested if she shows up…

the Anti wont win… she gas to prove that she would make a positive in his life, and threatning his live before he was born isnt one…

She’s a nutcase! Stop allowing her to control your life with fear! Don’t answer her calls! leave her alone!

She is full of shit, she sounds evil though, so protect your self

She full of shit live your best life enjoy your baby they grow FAST block block block her ass you see she STILL has animosity towards you lifes tooooooooo short

Beat her ass once and for all