Do I have to allow all neighborhood kids in my house if I allow a few?

Am I in the wrong here? My friends have tons of neighborhood kids that ahng out in my front yard…I am normally the house kids are in and out of but recently have started working from home so need a little peace…I have a few select kids that I still allow in my house (more like family, as i know their parents, we hang out together they are very respectful) so i dont mind when they walk in with my kids to hang out, grab a snack or just chill. they are basically my second set of kids…well the neighborhood kids that i do not allow in 24/7 told their mom i was being mean to them and wouldnt let them in my house and blah blah blah…but i feel liek i shouldnt have to always have kids in my house and it is my house so if i dont want you in, i dont have to let you in…but one of the moms texted me and said how unfair it was and that i need to stop treating her child badly…i have never even talked to her child…so i was alittle thrown back…am i wrong here or

166 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have to allow all neighborhood kids in my house if I allow a few? - Mamas Uncut

Tell her you work from home and to watch her own kid

18 Likes

I would say flat out you work from home and only a couple kids are allowed. It’s your home and your choice

21 Likes

Nope, send all the kids to her house

23 Likes

Stand your ground. If you can’t feel at home and comfy there where can you.

2 Likes

Our house was the same. The 2 kids that I allow when ever I used to walk daily with their mom and our boys to and from school so we actually had a friend ship and the boys would have sleep over frequently. Some times I’d go in my basement and there would be like 4-6 kids I have never seen or met, or sometimes I’d have kids in my yard and parents I never seen comming to get them. I’m like okay. No more of this. If you all want to play together you can play at someone else’s house but there is a limit. I have 3 kids of my own, and nearly 10 is too many. 5 or 6 it’s okay. If their parents don’t like it then they can open their doors to everyone as well.

8 Likes

It’s your house. Your choice period! You don’t owe anyone an explanation.

4 Likes

Your house, your rules.

If you only want certain kids in the house that’s your decision. And any parent who tries make an issue of it is the problem.

That’s how kids get babied these days. Life isn’t fair and that’s a lesson that needs be taught at home. Not all kids can be included all the time.

13 Likes

I agree with the above. But it may be a nice gesture to explain to her why other children are allowed inside and her’s is not. You by all means, don’t have to give her a reason but I think it would be a nice gesture to explain that you’re working from home and the couple of kids you do allow in during the hours you work have a complete grasp on the rules and expectations that you have in place. Explaining would help her and the kid understand that they aren’t just being singled out or disliked.

7 Likes

You are not in the wrong. The neighborhood kids can hang out at her house.

11 Likes

That’s your home, and you get to decide who comes and goes. Never let anyone guilt you into anything. Boundaries are a good thing.

5 Likes

Just dont allow kids in your house…have them play outside…my parents never allowed anyone in the house.

4 Likes

Tell her to stop letting her kids run the neighborhood unsupervised and mind her own business. LoL.

14 Likes

Nope. It’s your house. YOU get to invite who you want. End of story

1 Like

Your house your rules…just expect that mom or kid to treat your kids bad… they are in the wrong but maybe explain yo her your reasons

2 Likes

No explain to her that you have days you just need to work so you don’t allow people over unless it’s family

2 Likes

Your home circumstances have changed and it is now a workplace and as such the times people can come and go has changed. That is all you need to say.

8 Likes

Your home is Yours!!! Do whatever you feel like doing. It’s your safe space

2 Likes

Idk kinda rude I wouldn’t pick a select few out of a crowd have them eating snacks in front of the other kids I’d just say no kids but that’s just me I can’t see myself picking favorites if you don’t know her kid how did she get your number doesn’t add up!

You owe zero explanations for the decisions made for your home. Period.

2 Likes

You giving free childcare, I’ve been paying for my childcare

3 Likes

Yeah like she would prob feel different if it was so many kids at her house. Apparently you knew her well enough for her to text you. Tell her you’re working from home and don’t have it in you to watch everyone’s kids or have so many kids running around.

7 Likes

Set boundaries and be consistent.
I would start by locking my doors!
Call to come over.
I’ll be working until 4:00- they need to leave by 5:00! And be firm.

2 Likes

When a kid comes in, ask for their parents number and just text them that your working sometimes and need the quite.

Tell mom to pay your rent if she wants say so over who is in your house :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: or host all the loud disrespectful kids at HER house. But that you aren’t being rude by saying some strange child isn’t allowed in your house lol tf :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

If I was working at home I couldn’t work with my own kids at home because I can’t focus at all…never mind anyone else lol

2 Likes

Ask that mom when is she having the whole gang over for a few days

7 Likes

Not wrong at all. Your house!!

1 Like

Well it depends lol did your kid leave them outside and tell them they weren’t allowed in?? Lol sometimes it’s the presentation. Like kids are still learning how to effectively communicate. I totally think you are RIGHT but look at it from the parent perspective her kid felt left out. That day were they the only one not let in? Only one of a few? Imagine your kid coming home and feeling like they were singled out. Just ve direct to mom. Apologize if your child came off hurtful then explain you work from home

9 Likes

Your house, your rules :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give an excuse for why only certain kids was allowed my home. The next time someone decides to rip you, just hang up.

1 Like

Their entitled it’s your house

1 Like

Not at all… your house your rules. Even if you didn’t worknfrom home, if you don’t want someone in your house that’s your decision. It isn’t mean or rude. Nor do you have to explain to anyone why you don’t want their kid in your house.

You are not wrong. If they don’t like it, they should keep track of their own kids instead of using you as a babysitter.

9 Likes

Why would neighbors think you would want a bunch of kids in your home? I guess they wouldn’t want it, right?

6 Likes

Nah, you’re not wrong. It’s your house if she don’t like it then she can start buying groceries and paying your bills so she can tell you who you can allow in or not.

11 Likes

No its your place. Fuck them kids and them parents

You are absolutely not wrong , your house is not a daycare, and you set the rules , the next time she text you just tell her the true , that you are actually working and can’t be watching her kid

3 Likes

That’s your home woman!!! Are you kidding me?!

5 Likes

They are using you for a baby sitter, your house.

6 Likes

Not wrong at all. Your house your rules!! Sometimes you don’t want all the commotion in ur space. But I wouldn’t let my child go to anyone else house if I didn’t know their parents.

8 Likes

Not wrong! Your house tell the mom get over it
…you’re working…be firm…

5 Likes

You are under no obligation to allow strangers (even children ) into your house.

7 Likes

No not wrong at all. Ur house . Ur rules. And also u can have who u want or don’t want at ur house…best part about it being YOUR HOUSE. that mother is just bitter cuz she’s having to now play mom to her kid. There’s no need to even explain yourself. I’d leave her on read and be about my day lol… she wants things how she wants them then she should have all the kids at her house . I wish someone warned me about parents before I had kids. I swear some of them just really suck

1 Like

So you shouldn’t feel like you “have to always have…” It’s your house, your rules, kids don’t like it? Too bad, they have a home. I’d tell the mom who texted you about unfair that “life isn’t fair.” If the parents are allowing the kids to run all over without your kids asking if they can, that’s it, no, nope now way…I will say this though…growing up my parents always said they didn’t mind having house full of kids, if they’re at our house they’re not out getting into trouble and she knows where we are. Ours was the gathering house, mostly b/c it was in the middle of where most of us kids lived. If I were you, I would sit down when you’re alone and it’s quiet, write down (after thinking it over) the rules, kids need boundaries, follow through, and then post by front, back, and garage door. Children do not have to get an explanation, this has always been a sore spot with me. Our kids weren’t allowed to ask over and over, why? but why not? (repeat until mom gives in) Not a popular thing with parents and kids alike, but I wasn’t looking to make friends, so if the other parents didn’t like the way our house was, no problem. The only time I would “explain” so to speak, is to an adult. They should understand you work from home and need it quiet. One time, tell them if they ask just the one time. Sometimes you have to be the hardass.

2 Likes

Why would they wan to let there kids into a strangers house lol :laughing: I would not !!

9 Likes

Honestly I hate anyone being in my yard. But I live in a populated area. Whether it’s kids or homeless we are not shocked by this by any means but it’s annoying. You already let them play you don’t need to parent the neighborhood. I was blamed once for being rude to a kid and still don’t know why. Kids lie sometimes unfortunately but no. That mom can go F herself

Not wrong. I don’t let any kids in my house :woman_shrugging:t3:
I’m an anxious noodle and already have 4 kids as it is.

5 Likes

Your house your rules, don’t feel bad.

10 Likes

Ummmm, you text them back and ask which kid is hers!! And you do NOT owe anyone an explanation, but if you so choose I’d simple copy and paste my next paragraph … clears throat
I clearly am unaware of which child is yours, that being said, now my work demands have changed my schedule has changed. In providing for my family’s financial stability I only allow children in my home that I know and have shown the utmost respect while I work. Since your child isn’t well known to me, during my work hours I do not allow random children in my home currently. If you cannot respect this and the fact that who I allow in my home isn’t any of your concern, then that isn’t my issue. I do not speak meanly to children and if setting boundaries is an issue for your child and they deem it being mean, then this is a perfect time to teach them healthy boundaries. And if you think confronting me about my boundaries is going to make me want your child in my home in the future, you are sadly mistaken and very entitled. I do NOT know you like I do the parents of the children I do allow in or you wouldn’t have texted me what you did

42 Likes

Lock the damn doors ! Put a sign by your door saying $20 cover charge per kid. The will go home. :joy:

The audacity of some people….smh…your house your rules. That kid needs to stop whining and crying to mommy because he/she didn’t get what they wanted.

8 Likes

Tell her to start letting them all in her house and see how she likes it lol

10 Likes

She can start hosting all the kids at her house if she feels unfair treatment.

9 Likes

That mom who texted seems like she has entitlement issues,lol.

2 Likes

It’s your house period! You have the right to allow or not allow whoever you want in it! The parents freaking out need to chill and watch there own kids.

Nope your house your rules tell the mother who texted you to open her house up your working from home

Tell all the kids to go round to that mums house … rampage through her house for a change and see how she likes it :man_shrugging: If my child came to me and said another kids parents didn’t want them in there home I’d tell them “ well stay out of there house “ :ok_hand:

1 Like

You’re not wrong. I’d simply respond back with the fact you are working and cannot have all these people in your house - if they wanna go inside they have a house of their own.

That woman would get a few choice words. No, you do not have to let all of these kids in your house, it’s your house. I’ve sent kids home that I do not know before. I don’t care if their parents get mad, I’m not their babysitter.

1 Like

Id text the parents and let them know why you cannot simply just drop a bomb on the kids and it sounds like you might have. I would just explain to them that you have to cut back their time here due to personal matters

1 Like

Send all the neighbourhood kids to her house everyday

5 Likes

I would let the neighbors know that I am working from home and can’t have the distractions.

2 Likes

Your house your rules. If she doesn’t like it, why doesn’t she host the crowd at her place now and then. Let them all come traipsing through her house? I would double dog dare her! Yeah. Sounds childish I know, but so does her complaint. It’s not fair!

2 Likes

l get paid over $ 163 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20587 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://homejobreports5.pages.dev/

Not wrong. Like at all lol. It’s YOUR house. Tell her to get over herself and have all the kids hang out at her house if it’s an issue. Or to start paying all your bills and what not so she has an actual reason to feel that way🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

No one in house, full stop.
Out playing in the yard.

Tell her it isn’t personal and then tell her what you told us. If she’s still mad then she ain’t shit and her kid can stop coming over completely.

It’s your house and you decide who comes in and who doesn’t. You are not obligated to let every neighborhood kid in.

4 Likes

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17253 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarEarn130.pages.dev/

Not at all. It’s your house. Sounds like these parents are passing on the entitlement attitude to their children by having it also. I always remind myself “if they aren’t paying your bills they have no say in what happens in your house”. Set some boundaries for yourself and your children and enforce them. Oh and stop letting it bother you. That guilt trip mess is for children.

4 Likes

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18485 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning414.pages.dev/

You’re not wrong. Sick of peoples entitlement these days 🤦🏼‍♀ tell that mom to hush

1 Like

Your home, your choice, no questions.

1 Like

It’s your house. Doesn’t matter how they feel. I sure don’t let all the neighbor kids in my house, and my kid has even let one come in without asking me which his brother and sister then followed. I said it was fine this time but next time to ask since you don’t just let people come over without asking me. Haven’t had a problem since. They say hi when outside, play in the yard together, pet the dog etc but they don’t come in

2 Likes

I even chased away the neighborhood kids from my yard. I don’t want anyone over.

Tell that mother her kids aren’t allowed on your property now period for the way she spoke to you!

If I had known I would’ve started my Crypto investment with Mrs Mary a long time ago… lt was just so hard to believe, until I got paid by the platform, A lot of people do complain about scam and all that but I’m’ happy my first time gave me what I wanted and luckily I met the right platform that changed my life, you can contact her

Everyone keeps talking about her diligence and honesty I must say this that she’s the best crypto trader, thank you for transforming my life for the better financially👉

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18485 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning439.pages.dev/

Get a better financial future for yourself and your children… children are of great importance to us today, so let’s plan for their future. Invest in fx trading today with a reliable and trusted manager like Mrs Mary. Forex trading investment is changing lives today both young and old.
Contact Mrs Mary today via the link

I’ve had my share of experiences trying to make profits in forex trading & crypto, I made losses trading by myself & little gains too, not until I met Mrs Mary Cooper. She’s the best I’ve encountered in a short period and she’s the best trader there is. Feel free to make contact with her.

Choice made plays a better role in giving lives meaningful outcomes, I knew the moment I gave it a try, positive results as expected.Thanks to you Mary. Send a dm via the link below for information

And that started the summer with my daughter the little girl was coming over here filling up water balloons making a mess at my house and I said you guys go over to your house make a mess or my mom won’t let me and I said well if your mom won’t let you you ain’t doing at my house and then her mom got mad about it I told them both to deal with it told my kid if you ain’t doing it at her house you ain’t doing it my house Referring to water balloons skating throughout my house on the skateboard rollerskates Hellies that type of stuff

It’s your house. You get to say who comes in. Full stop.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I found an expert trader who trades for me and I earn weekly All thanks to the Good works of Mrs Mary for helping me earn huge profits weekly and I want to use this opportunity to recommend her Good work kindly contact her below and start earning Mary Cooper

Thank you so much Mrs Mary you’re doing a great job for me and my family may God keep you safe good health and rewards you a thousand folds God bless.

Don’t focus on short term results. Focus on building income streams that will help you maintain consistency forever. Build sustainable income through gradual progression. I am grateful to have met you Mary and ever since it’s being from one testimony to another

I’m really blessed to have Mrs Mary Cooper as my account manager. Since I started trading with Mrs Mary I have made much profits in just few weeks investment with Her. Mrs Mary is reliable and trust worthy kindly click her name to start trading

It s ur home u let who u want come inside

This has really changed my life for the better the only platform I can trust in terms of consistent income.
If you wanna learn how to make money from your smart phone without any discomfort click on the link below to get the proper guide.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I’m sharing this cos I’ve been blessed with her guidance and skills she has helped me achieved a lot financially from her platform in less than one week I’m so happy God bless you ma

I thought I should let y’all know about Mary Cooper too… you know good work deserves good recommendations check her out no pressure click on the profile below and contact her

Through her trading platform I earned so much I don’t have to wait for my monthly pay anymore. I started trading with her few weeks ago and I promised to testify if it works out finally everything works as she promised. You can contact her if you’re interested

If your working tell kids to go out to play . I wouldn’t let few in and not others

Tell her to pound sand and that she doesn’t get to decide how you want to handle your home. What a douche

1 Like

I agree that it’s your house you can decide who come in but on the other hand as a parent I’d be pretty pissed if my son was intentionally not included by an adult of all things. They’re kids, they don’t understand why one can do it but another can’t.

4 Likes

I personally feel it’s your house your rules.

Mamas Uncut There are a TON of these people spamming the heck out of this thread. I clicked to respond to the question and this is ALL i see. I know it’s hard to get them all but there a ton here to choose from. Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

No just do u . What a world we live in