Do I have to replace the airpods my dog ate?

You already set the standard that you will replace things the dog eats. Replace them.

2 Likes

Not your problem, if a dog ate them off a park bench or off a playground they wouldn’t be replaced, same thing-
One of the first things a I remember being taught was your belongings, your responsibility. If the dog took it out of the kids ear then maybe but the kid shouldn’t leave his $200+ headphones sitting on the floor

4 Likes

Hypothetically, If your kid ate them you’d replace them right? Your house, your dog, your responsibility. I would personally be annoyed at the kid, but not their fault.

1 Like

How old are these kids?? You can’t expect these children to remember every single time they come over that they need to shut the door because of your doggo.
I’d offer half, and then from now on double check that the door is closed when the kids are over, and maybe the child will remember now.

No children have to learn by mistakes they make and not have things just given to them if they were careless. They knew there was a puppy in the house that could get at their things at his chewing stage, this teaches responsibility…you are not responsible…

2 Likes

It could go either way.

Yes, you warned them. But it’s your house, your dog, your responsibility.

I think I would replace them. As I handed them to the child, I would tell him " this is the only time I will replace these. From now on, you are on your own. If anything happens to these … or any other of your belongings … while you are in my home, it will be your responsibility."

Girl I wouldn’t allow them back if I have to be replacing things after I warned them, that’s my dang house you’re in :joy:

6 Likes

Offer the parents to pay towards them. Everyone involved is at fault really.

You’ve given the children warning and he didn’t abide by it. This is his repercussion for not taking 2 seconds to atleast close the door. I have replaced things that my dog has eaten/chewed but only things that couldn’t have been helped, like shoes or hats. You told all the children to put things up and close the door, therefore it lies on the kid, not you or your dog because you told them and they didn’t listen. It’s something that could have been helped if they listened in the first place.

1 Like

I would not replace them. Kids gotta learn even if the hard way to keep their expensive stuff out of reach of where they could get damaged or lost.

3 Likes

But. According to the precedent previously set by replacing cheaper items. Yes.

3 Likes

If my child took their AirPods to someone else’s house and their dog chewed on them and ruined them I would NOT expect the friends parent to pay for them and if they offered I would still say no because my child wasn’t being responsible with them. My child would not be getting AirPods again till they can save up and buy them. They should have put them in their bag or up on a desk or nightstand not the floor. Plus times are tough not everyone can afford to go out and buy new AirPods every time they get ruined.

13 Likes

i would keep puppy in one room baby gates work great saves lots of things around the house

6 Likes

The child should’ve been responsible for his items. You shouldn’t be responsible for replacing them. If he’s old enough for AirPods he’s old enough to be responsible for them

6 Likes

I always tell my children “If you bring something somewhere, make sure it’s put where something won’t happen to it.” If a parent calls me and tells me something happened at their house and it was my childrens fault because they didn’t listen or vise versa I am not paying for anything. They should have listened and followed the rules. I’m sorry but take responsibility of your stuff. They need to learn a lesson.

1 Like

In my house if the dog eats it , it wasn’t where it was supposed to be or he could not have reached it🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

I’d get baby gates. You letting the dog roam free knowing it chews is irresponsible as well as the child leaving their things on the floor. The difference is they are children and you are the adult. Prevention is an easy way to not have to replace anything. I’d offer to go halves. I’d also let the parents know you have a puppy who likes to chew, that way whatever they bring is on them if it ends up ruined at your house.

6 Likes

Yes. You dog is your responsibility.

1 Like

I mean the mean side of it says you gave them plenty of many warnings and told them that your dog will chew it if it’s in reach… bbbuuuttt the nice side is saying dang AirPods are expensive as heck. But honestly I would say I’m not going to replace them because I tell the kids every day not to leave things you like laying around and if you do make sure the door is closed, and if the parents get involved tell them the same thing, I tell everyone that comes over every day not to leave their things laying around, and to make sure the door is closed so my dog doesn’t chew them up and they didn’t close the door and they didn’t pick them up off the floor and my dog did exactly what I told them he would do, it’s on that kid to make sure it’s taken care of or you make them keep it home if it’s something expensive

Tarryn Wilkinson not me feeling bad if boomer got the toys at Christine’s and you guys saying “oh well they were told to pick it up so boomer wouldn’t chew it” :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Teach the biggest lesson let them follow that dog around until it shits em out and make em wash em

You will be able to give them back in a day or 2 lol. I wouldn’t as they were warned over and over but for you moving forward, can’t you limit the puppy to communal areas and not bedrooms? It’d reduce the damage to start with and if your kids mates spend a lot of time if their rooms, it’s reduce the risk of other peoples damage

I’m half awake reading this and thought you put tide pods like the laundry soap. So glad it wasn’t! Lol

1 Like

It’s good you don’t allow this opportunity for SUCCESS slip off. Mrs Elizabeth James exceptional work makes a lot of people financially breakthroughs, to help others deserves good recommendation. Connect to her via the link below :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:.

Many people today are ignorant of crypto currency trading. with the right account manager you can make huge profits, Mrs Elizabeth James has proven to be one of the best crypto currency traders out there and she is willing to help anyone turn their finances around the same way she did for me. You can contact her through her profile link below…
Contact her by clicking her link
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

So many are getting touched financially through bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, take this opportunity now and be self independent. I’m so greatful to Mrs Elizabeth James and her team, they help me to set up my trade now am earning good profit without loss. If interested Contact her via

WOW :astonished: this is really amazing earning massively from Bitcoin investment with the help of an honest and genuine expert Manager Ma’am Elizabeth James , As a newbie I started with what I could actually afford (starter plan)and to be honest am shocked with the outcome​:astonished::heart:SO AMAZING :clinking_glasses:…to get started contact​:writing_hand:

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

If my child broke them I would replace them for the child who owned them. After the fact, my child would have to save up some of the price in order to learn. The puppy, this time I would offer to go half, then I would tell all the children that come and their parents to either keep their valuables at home and the children obey the rules, ie… close the door, keep their stuff…caps, coats, shoes, anything they bring… off the ground as I wont be responsible for replacing any of it. Good luck with it. I hope the families don’t fall out over it, it’s not worth that especially for the children.

1 Like

It was the kids responsibility but I would offer to pay half if you can.

Nope you shouldnt replace them

2 Likes

He is a child. You are the adult with the chewing pup. You shouldn’t have allowed your pup to be able to roam in the house, knowing he chews. That’s on you more so than the child.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t if you warned them. If parents don’t want something broke. They should make their kids leave it at home. I do.

7 Likes

Yeah no don’t replace them. Depending on the age the child should know better and you cam let the parents know you gave plenty of reminders to the kids to keep stuff off the floor and shut the doors!

2 Likes

You have already warned them many times so I would not replace

2 Likes

As a parent,I would feel it’s My responsibility, not the hosts. Honestly, something that expensive,I wouldn’t allow my child to take, I never allowed mine to take tablets and such to friends.

2 Likes

Replace them. You asked the kids to keep everything in the bedroom, they did. Now it’s on you.

1 Like

NO WAY. im life we have to learn the hard way to sorta kinds get the hint.

They left them where you said to leave them, in the room… your dog chewed them you replace them… same as if your child breaks something you replace it… they watched their AirPods as much as you watched your dog… your dog your responsibility :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Depending on which side of the world you live on, you can eat that too.

1 Like

Better learn responsibly kiddo

She told them to keep their things picked up.

1 Like

Your house your dog. Yes you need to replace. I would be upset but it happened in your home.